test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archived] NW_Legit_Community Channel Info & Discussion

Comments

• nymerosnymeros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gillypud wrote: »
    Could I ask what are your community's view on Perma-Stealth TRs? I'm interested in joining, but I know some people feel that Perma-Stealth is an exploit in itself, since we can solo most of the dungeon bosses, although I've always preferred to look at it as an "insurance" in case the rest of the party wipes.

It's welcome if you don't use your TR as a "runner".

Yes you can solo boss legally with your skills, but I prefer to fight with a full party cause I love team play and it's pretty much faster.
    Words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back
    Co-Leader of G r A v i t y X G a m e - Founder of the 1st Legit LFG and member of NW_Legit_Community
  • gillypudgillypud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Arguabky there should be no TRs in Legit.

Sounds like you have issues with TRs mate. Hopefully they're individual specific and not a general sentiment ;)

nymeros wrote: »
    It's welcome if you don't use your TR as a "runner".

Yes you can solo boss legally with your skills, but I prefer to fight with a full party cause I love team play and it's pretty much faster.

Nope, never tried being a runner, although I do understand the theory behind it.
    To clarify, I only solo bosses when 1) I do solo dungeon runs and 2) to finish off when the rest of the party dies and I'm still standing facing the boss, rather than force suicide and start over on the boss with everyone from scratch. I do prefer playing with a full party which was what attracted me to your community in the first place :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lewel555 wrote: »
    I know there are TRs ib NW_Legit, and yes the NW_Legit runs are many times the TR soloing the boss while all the other ones are just pretending to be useful, running around, taunting some adds here or there. Arguabky there should be no TRs in Legit.

My opinion is that:

1. There is no reason TRs couldn't or shouldn't be in the channel.

2. I don't know if any devs have chimed in, and if they're not using any exploits to attain permanent stealth, I suppose there wouldn't be anything wrong with perma-stealth TRs, but it doesn't sit right with me, having the team just sit back while the TR solos the boss.

Just because I created the channel, though, doesn't mean that I am the be-all-end-all authority on what is or isn't legitimate play...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Like nymeros told, if he don't use it for run from a campfire to another, i think's there no prob. Isn't an exploit using a skill or ability of your class, but could be if you use it for skip the adds in the whole run. If we think's the Tr perma stealth use glitch only becauase they can stay hide almost forever, we have to kick also the Dc from the channel, because we can proc linked spirit whitout use a full charge of channel divinity ( it's a bug atm )
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    anyone can argue what is and isn't legit but it's PWE that would have the final say in that argument. anything that is easy could be construed as an exploit, but if it's a game mechanic working as intended...

let's please not turn this into a flame thread. also remember that the discussion of exploit details is against the ToS and the forum rules of conduct. thanks.
    edited November 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    anyone can argue what is and isn't legit but it's PWE that would have the final say in that argument. anything that is easy could be construed as an exploit, but if it's a game mechanic working as intended...

let's please not turn this into a flame thread. also remember that the discussion of exploit details is against the ToS and the forum rules of conduct. thanks.

Sorry about that melodywhr, my question wasn't meant to start anything. I strictly just wanted to know whether the community was Perma-Stealth-friendly (and not referring to the cheating/exploiting type) since we do seem to be getting a lot of bad rep recently and I'd rather find out what the status quo was before jumping in and finding out later that I have to keep justifying my build to those who have had bad experiences with similar build players.

Apologies all around if I struck a chord. Not everyone who plays Perma-Stealth go for it to exploit. In my case, I sometimes find it a little hard partying up with people and so chose a build I found to have the highest solo-survivability rate. But it would be great to join a community of players who enjoy the game for what it is. Plus it gets tiring spending a couple of hours soloing a single dungeon when a party can finish it up in a lot less (FYI Perma-Stealth doesn't have the damage output Cookie Cutter builds have so we take a lot longer going through it alone. It's the trade off for high survivability).

Anyways thanks for all the responses. Will join the channel once the shard is up again. Hopefully will be able to get a few dungeon runs going.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sorry about that melodywhr, my question wasn't meant to start anything. I strictly just wanted to know whether the community was Perma-Stealth-friendly (and not referring to the cheating/exploiting type) since we do seem to be getting a lot of bad rep recently and I'd rather find out what the status quo was before jumping in and finding out later that I have to keep justifying my build to those who have had bad experiences with similar build players.

Apologies all around if I struck a chord. Not everyone who plays Perma-Stealth go for it to exploit. In my case, I sometimes find it a little hard partying up with people and so chose a build I found to have the highest solo-survivability rate. But it would be great to join a community of players who enjoy the game for what it is. Plus it gets tiring spending a couple of hours soloing a single dungeon when a party can finish it up in a lot less (FYI Perma-Stealth doesn't have the damage output Cookie Cutter builds have so we take a lot longer going through it alone. It's the trade off for high survivability).

Anyways thanks for all the responses. Will join the channel once the shard is up again. Hopefully will be able to get a few dungeon runs going.

Cheers.

I thought he was refering to the people making statements against perma-stealth, not you. I think it is pretty simple. Do you like to fight the mobs as a team as your progress though a instance, or will you plan to stealth ahead of the party (while they fight through because that what the parties in this channel are going to do) so the expectation is you will stay with the party and fight through.

I have no problem if in the case of the rest of the party wiping you stay alive and finish the boss, but if you tell me to waith ere while you permastealth the boss... not going to be happy.
    edited November 2013

Cheers.

It's not, IMO, so much about striking a chord - it's this divide between what the game engine allows you to do, and what is in the spirit of the game. I look at it like this - if you were the game master running a pen-and-paper D&D campaign, would you want your rogue player to basically just be able to go invisible and solo the entire dungeon or boss, while the rest of the party sits around doing nothing? It may not technically be against the rules, but is it in the spirit of the game? Solo, it's not a big deal, since you have to do everything yourself, anyway...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So we may have just had a spam bot post in the channel. Either that or a troll, because they only did a single post, where in PE zone they still manage to get in 3. Eiiiiither way, that's pretty annoying. If spam bots are invading other channels other than PE zone (Although some have gotten to being able to send tells to people) well... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    contents to be decided
    edited November 2013
    I thought he was refering to the people making statements against perma-stealth, not you.

True, but since I made the initial query regarding (my) Perma-Stealth build which started the healthy discussion that makes me partly to blame. Just wanted to make it clear it wasn't my intent to start any sort of flame war :p
    Yes I would very much like to take on bosses with the rest of the party as a team effort. Making the rest of the party wait at the side isn't the most effective use of time in my opinion, and isn't what being a Perma-Stealth is all about. I would consider respec-ing to a pure DPS build if I had an easier time partying up with people.
    bioshrike wrote: »
    It may not technically be against the rules, but is it in the spirit of the game?

I totally get you on this. It seems gamers these days are more preoccupied with pushing boundaries for the purposes of being munchkins rather than truly enjoying the game. Gone are the days of Half-Orc/Goblin Bards singing praises, or Acrophobic Wizards that use a combination of Teleport and Feather Fall ("Eat falling damage you! Who's afraid of heights now?") to vanquish their foes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    gillypud wrote:
    I totally get you on this. It seems gamers these days are more preoccupied with pushing boundaries for the purposes of being munchkins rather than truly enjoying the game. Gone are the days of Half-Orc/Goblin Bards singing praises, or Acrophobic Wizards that use a combination of Teleport and Feather Fall ("Eat falling damage you! Who's afraid of heights now?") to vanquish their foes.

That reminds me of a campaign one of my friends ran, where were were "good" kobolds that rode around on big (domestic) dogs, righting wrongs wherever we went, (mind you it's difficult to get a person to tell you who robbed them when they're confronted by 3 kobolds on dogback)! :o
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That reminds me of a campaign one of my friends ran, where were were "good" kobolds that rode around on big (domestic) dogs, righting wrongs wherever we went, (mind you it's difficult to get a person to tell you who robbed them when they're confronted by 3 kobolds on dogback)! :o

That sounds like my kind of party.
    edited November 2013
    I am happy to announce that we are now over 700 members! Thanks to all those legit players out there! :o
  • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Yeah... but wondering everytime where these 700's are...
    When I'm taking a look on the numbers it's about 90-120 peoples online, and most low or almost no communication via the channel...
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
    edited November 2013
    craeh1 wrote: »
    Yeah... but wondering everytime where these 700's are...
    When I'm taking a look on the numbers it's about 90-120 peoples online, and most low or almost no communication via the channel...

I hear ya... it can be slow at times. There's rarely a DD event going on when I'm on, and I do play at odd hours, but I'd like to think it's more active at "peak" times...
  • skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just wanted to give a quick shout out to this chat community on giving me a chance at a MC run yesterday. We did not kill the last encounter but there was no trash talk and everyone was really nice. The last encounter I was not completely clear on the instructions so I probably was not very effective. Maybe with some practice I can learn how to interrupt the lich.

Just wanted to basically thank the chat handle and I hope to find more groups in the future on NW_Legit_Community.
    edited December 2013
    It's great to hear you had a good experience, and here's to many more!
    edited December 2013
    I am happy to announce that NMW_Legit_Community has broken the 800-member mark. Great work to all who contributed to this milestone!
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    conga rats!
  • devilshark5devilshark5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am happy to announce that NMW_Legit_Community has broken the 800-member mark. Great work to all who contributed to this milestone!

A resounding HUZZAH to Bioshrike and the Legit community. Joining this channel has had wonderful influence on my play time and my feeling of belonging.

Thanks Bio!
    California Sunshine
    edited December 2013
    It warms my heart to announce that NW_Legit_Community has now surpassed 900 members! Congratulations to all the great folks that made this possible, and happy holidays to all!
  • nearlydiamondnearlydiamond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    So I joined the NW_Legit_Community....
    it was brilliant! Instantly found friendly online peeps who ran MC with me and it was probably one of thebest runs I've ever been in, and really fast too!
    Thanks guys!
    :cool:
    edited December 2013
    So I joined the NW_Legit_Community....
    it was brilliant! Instantly found friendly online peeps who ran MC with me and it was probably one of thebest runs I've ever been in, and really fast too!
    Thanks guys!
    :cool:

That's great to hear! Thank YOU for helping to make it even greater!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . This is truly a great channel. I'd just like to request that players refrain from discussing exploits there-in, even in the slightest. Instead, feel free to send me a PM with any exploit details, as I will be happy to have those reports given to the Devs personally! (Don't post such on the forums either please).

. . . . . Besides those rare moments, I really enjoy the intellectual and often humorous chats within. Such a great community, indeed! Thanks!

Congrats on 900+ members!
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    It is a wonderful channel, and I have played with some great folks, and had a lot of fun. So far I have only had to put one braindead whinefest serial troll on ignore from there so far, which is an incredible hit rate.

Highly recommended XD
    edited January 2014
    I am overjoyed to announce that NW_Legit_Community has broken the 1000-member mark! Congrats to all who make this channel great! :D
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey Gang:

/Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community

I have tried to join this chat line multiple times and it never works for me. Either if I make it in I can't for the love of me see where and how to actually use it. I never ever see anyone in there even though I am 100% positive that there is action/chat etc...I think it is a "me" issue.

I desperately would love to participate in this community but so far nothing works for me.

So I ask my fellow gamers to please post in lay terms or step by step instructions on how to access the channel and if so possible, to save it as a tab (also need instructions on that part please).

Much appreciated.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmmm, that command should be working. There is another way to join a channel. Take a look at this image:

ITmalif.png

First step, press the button in upper left corner of the chat window. It is circled and has an arrow pointing at it in the picture.

That should pop open the window that is in the center of the screen. Click on the Custom Channels tab and then type nw_legit_community like I have and it should say join (but not greyed out like mine is). Click the join button and you will be in the channel.

As for creating tabs and customizing which channels echo in them, click back to the the other tab on what window. There you can create a tab and/or select/deselect which channels appear in that tab. You can also change the color that the channel shows up as.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks my friend, I will try it as soon as I log into the game this evening. Again, I am pretty sure it is or was a "me" error. I will let you know how it worked out for sure.

Much appreciated.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    It would help to know more about what the problem is. Could it simply be that you use upper-case in Channel and Join? Also, there's a thread for the channel that might help:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?517081-NW_Legit_Community-celebrates-over-800-members!&highlight=legit+community
This discussion has been closed.