test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Refinement System - Pt. 2

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Someone should x-post the useful stuff from the now closed coffers thread. It's relevant here and unless we get another thread for the coffers, the work done in their might fade into obscurity.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dodgo wrote: »
    wheres the dev post to show updated RP for non matching shards please? and how do i see only dev posts for this topic?

Dev tracker is the closest thing you'll get to that.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/devtracker.php
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Dev tracker is the closest thing you'll get to that.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/devtracker.php

awesome syka! thx heaps!
  • Options
    thuldythuldy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Coffer thread wandered off track but refinement and coffers are intertwined to a degree.

The current refinement gems sharing loot rolls with Wards have too low a reward drawer appeal to encourage long term daily log in by players (opinion of course, how could it be otherwise).

Recommendation:
    Consider replacing the Refining Gems with the following pairing:

Preservation Ward/Mark of Potency
    Coalescent Ward/Greater Mark of Potency

Yes i appreciate the colour differential with loot may confuse some but the nominal value is reasonably close. Also include these loot items with your intention to BoA. The point of the line of thought is not to create a new farming or AD opportunity as much as to encourage sustained attendance and possible continued play. This would also bolster the impression to those that for whatever reason become too time poor to farm Epic bosses to have yet another alternative path to improve their characters albeit a low percentage chance.

Thank you for your consideration.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So under the current system if my refinement fails the worst case is I loose a single Enchantment or Shard. Under the new system I loose all the Marks or all the Shards. I would much rather see the Marks drop to 10/200/15000 etc AD each and require a minimum of 2 for each fusion attempt and loose 1 on a fail.

That said the situation may be different once its live and there is an AH market as well, atm I cannot even give Marks of Power away...
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So under the current system if my refinement fails the worst case is I loose a single Enchantment or Shard. Under the new system I loose all the Marks or all the Shards. I would much rather see the Marks drop to 10/200/15000 etc AD each and require a minimum of 2 for each fusion attempt and loose 1 on a fail.

That said the situation may be different once its live and there is an AH market as well, atm I cannot even give Marks of Power away...

Lol , I dislike this new better 'player friendly' system more and more with each passing day.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So under the current system if my refinement fails the worst case is I lose/fxd a single Enchantment or Shard. Under the new system I lose/fxd all the Marks or all the Shards. I would much rather see the Marks drop to 10/200/15000 etc AD each and require a minimum of 2 for each fusion attempt and lose/fxd 1 on a fail.

Lol, just use wards since they are much easier to obtain now!
    /sarcasm
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Lol , I dislike this new better 'player friendly' system more and more with each passing day.
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Lol, just use wards since they are much easier to obtain now!
    /sarcasm

i don't know how other people go about upgrading in the current fuse system, but anything above rank 5, i'm using a preservation ward. that isn't going to change for me with the new system. six of one, half dozen of the other.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i don't know how other people go about upgrading in the current fuse system, but anything above rank 5, i'm using a preservation ward. that isn't going to change for me with the new system. six of one, half dozen of the other.

Current system. To make 1 R6 I've got 40% chance of success. If I fail, I'll lose 1 R5 (1-3k AD value) or Pres Ward (3-5k AD value). I'm getting 1 free Pres Ward every week.

New system. To make 1 R6 I've got 40% chance of success. If I fail, I'll lose 1 Blue Reagent (25k AD value) or Pres Ward (I'm expecting them to be 3x current price). I'm getting 1 free Pres Ward with 50% chance every week.

Pick one.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    mrmcsmithysmrmcsmithys Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Current system. To make 1 R6 I've got 40% chance of success. If I fail, I'll lose 1 R5 (1-3k AD value) or Pres Ward (3-5k AD value). I'm getting 1 free Pres Ward every week.

New system. To make 1 R6 I've got 40% chance of success. If I fail, I'll lose 1 Blue Reagent (25k AD value) or Pres Ward (I'm expecting them to be 3x current price). I'm getting 1 free Pres Ward with 50% chance every week.

Pick one.

I just copied over my main to check this but you beat me to it so pretty much what mehguy said , I also use preservation wards to fuse anything over 5 or 6 on live atm because I get them free and they are cheap in the ah , the cheap ah ones end on the 5th and the chances to get them from praying has fallen dramatically too.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013

Pick one.

Preservation ward cant cost more than 5k, that is the max price in zen store/ trade bars.
  • Options
    valiadgrvaliadgr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As far as preservation wards go , it will be worth it to buy them from the zen shop since their average price there given the current AD/Zen exchange ratio is around 4k a piece(100 zen for 10).Actually it is worth it even now since they almost hit the 5k mark in the AH on live. But after module 2 hits given the fact that they won't drop that much from coffers their price in the AH will deffo go up , yeah.
  • Options
    icky1982icky1982 Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2013
    Preservation ward cant cost more than 5k, that is the max price in zen store/ trade bars.

and if u buy with promo week = less 3000k each
  • Options
    nolifekrippariannolifekripparian Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2013
    valiadgr wrote: »
    As far as preservation wards go , it will be worth it to buy them from the zen shop since their average price there given the current AD/Zen exchange ratio is around 4k a piece(100 zen for 10).Actually it is worth it even now since they almost hit the 5k mark in the AH on live. But after module 2 hits given the fact that they won't drop that much from coffers their price in the AH will deffo go up , yeah.

if the price on zen store is 4k ad i dont see why the price would increase on ah,ppl will start to buy them on zen and sell them on ah if that happens....
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Because all the changes point to zen becoming much higher than 400 ad each.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People already do buy preservation wards for Zen and sell them on the AH at markup. I'd estimate that's where 90% of the pres wards on the AH have been coming from, certainly most of the stacks of 5, 10, and 20.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if the price on zen store is 4k ad i dont see why the price would increase on ah,ppl will start to buy them on zen and sell them on ah if that happens....

Allow me to break it down for yah. 500AD : 1 zen is the highest ratio for buying Zen allowed in the game.

Preservation wards are sold at 100 zen for 10 (50k total)

Ergo, you'd be paying 5000 AD per P.ward.

However, if you sell them in the AH for that much, you're losing 500 AD a sale, due to the 10% AH fee. (to break even, you'd have to sell them ~5556 AD)

But right now, AD:Zen price is hovering around 400. Man do I miss the days on Mindflayer when it was down in the low 300s. lol
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just hope coal wards don't get more costly.

Current refinement system could be not that bad, if you get your RP from drops instead of buying them. You can basically take anything you loot and throw it in to refine your enchant.

Just guess preservation wards will be a must to upgrade from grade 5 up. But no more need for hundreads of the same enchant.

The wall that prevents people to easily get rank 7-8-9-10 is the fact that you need a lots of points to refine. On the other hand, you don't have to worry about putting together a ton of the same enchant to upgrade. Just throw in everything you loot, save some AD for catalysts, and upgrade using preservation wards that are relatively cheap. Can push both the usage of zen-AD Exchange, and the purchase of wards via zen store (1$ for 10 wards is not too much, right?).
  • Options
    syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    This is why you don't see what i see. I fixed the numbers for you.

You multiply the old system vorpals by 40,000 even though they would cost 20,000 not 40,000 because you needed more of them = they would cost less.

I will repeat it 1 more time, and then i give up on going through your concrete skull.

More demand & More buyers & less amount needed & Same drop rate = higher price.

And higher prices = less buyers & less demand thus driving price back down after the initial frenzy settles down. If you're going to try saying "Economics 101", you need to include the rest of the argument. The economy will eventually equalize. Will the equalized prices be higher? Maybe. You're also not figuring in whether there will be a change in the size of the available AD on the market. Depending on how well this AD sink works, the value of AD to players could become too high, they will refuse to pay the higher prices, and sellers will eventually start lowering prices because they need AD income. There are way too many factors to boil it down to your simplified equation.
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • Options
    syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    I just hope coal wards don't get more costly.

Current refinement system could be not that bad, if you get your RP from drops instead of buying them. You can basically take anything you loot and throw it in to refine your enchant.

Just guess preservation wards will be a must to upgrade from grade 5 up. But no more need for hundreads of the same enchant.

The wall that prevents people to easily get rank 7-8-9-10 is the fact that you need a lots of points to refine. On the other hand, you don't have to worry about putting together a ton of the same enchant to upgrade. Just throw in everything you loot, save some AD for catalysts, and upgrade using preservation wards that are relatively cheap. Can push both the usage of zen-AD Exchange, and the purchase of wards via zen store (1$ for 10 wards is not too much, right?).

Preservation wards are currently useless. Well, not useless, but the advantage of them not getting used up if the upgrade is successful is gone at the moment. I've reported it multiple times (even in this thread) and it hasn't been fixed yet.
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013

Pick one.

Such guys like you have to think about what they write.

PW and CW drop reducing isn't part of the new refinement system! So you have to overkill your argument vs. the new develop. 600 PW for R10 vs. ~50 PW for R10!(old vs. new system)
    And if you think you can use the reagents from wondrous basar as base, why you don't do it with the R3 from it? 50k for each! That's about 16 of each for every R5 you fail use. That's about 800k! against the 25k! You got powned by yourself!
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Allow me to break it down for yah. 500AD : 1 zen is the highest ratio for buying Zen allowed in the game.

Yeah but it's easy for Cryptic to raise the bar. And I wouldn't be surprised if they did, because more ADs per ZEN will boost ZEN sales.
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Such guys like you have to think about what they write.

PW and CW drop reducing isn't part of the new refinement system! So you have to overkill your argument vs. the new develop. 600 PW for R10 vs. ~50 PW for R10!(old vs. new system)
    And if you think you can use the reagents from wondrous basar as base, why you don't do it with the R3 from it? 50k for each! That's about 16 of each for every R5 you fail use. That's about 800k! against the 25k! You got powned by yourself!

I don't think you understand what mehguy138 was talking about , he wasn't talking about the overall cost of making anything , he was talking about the cost of the items he could lose and comparing the old system to the new one .
  • Options
    swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    White knight much? How is what he is saying a conspiracy? A Theory by all means.

Looking at the current exchange rate with a sale on its not unreasonable to imagine it easily hitting the current cap easily down the road with more coming pressure on that in Mod2.

So when its evident that 500 is too low (not enough people selling zen/buying zen with $$ and too many buying with AD) raising that cap is hardly a conspiracy. As you say its market driven. The market cant drive it if its capped at 500 and sitting at that regularly.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    swarfega27 wrote: »
    Looking at the current exchange rate with a sale on its not unreasonable to imagine it easily hitting the current cap easily down the road with more coming pressure on that in Mod2.

So when its evident that 500 is too low (not enough people buying zen with $$ and too many buying with AD) raising that cap is hardly a conspiracy. As you say its market driven. The market cant drive it if its capped at 500 and sitting at that regularly.

the market has continually fluctuated just like any market. just because it's at the high end doesn't mean it's going to hit cap. but also considering that since cryptic/pwe can change whatever they want at their discretion, even if the cap was removed, it would be in response to the player-driven market... not for any other reason. if that includes people buying zen, who cares? it's not like the doom/gloomers are looking at the company financials... those arguments are driven more by flames/hate rather than constructive feedback and criticism.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I don't think you understand what mehguy138 was talking about , he wasn't talking about the overall cost of making anything , he was talking about the cost of the items he could lose and comparing the old system to the new one .

Oh you don't understand. With the old system he lose 800k AD. With the new only 25k.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yes the market always fluctuates but has always trended upwards. In mod2 there is a permanent increase to the exchange pressure with AD>Zen>Keys>Lockboxes>Tradebars>Coalwards now that the Coffer drop is 15% down to 4% and Pres wards 85% down to 30%. I could pretend nothing will change becuase 'we dont know yet', or we could use some market history on what extra incentives to have zen have done to the exchange. It was at 82% of cap 2hrs ago.

You are right "because its at the high end doesnt mean it going to hit the cap". If that is only what we were basing this off you would get 10 points for a good strawman. Given some facts 1) This fluctuating market has always trended upwards. 2) More pressure on exchange rate is coming in mod2 unless there is some major backtracking (how major or minor is yet unknown). 3) Prior to the latest sale the exchange was trending around 80% of the cap.

Its possible under the current live and proposed preview changes IMHO (you are entitled to disagree) this could easily hit the cap.

The decisions of Cryptic may sit just fine for you but probably best not to judge those who this doesnt sit so well with. Not everyone is as accepting.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    swarfega27 wrote: »
    Yes the market always fluctuates but has always trended upwards. In mod2 there is a permanent increase to the exchange pressure with AD>Zen>Keys>Lockboxes>Tradebars>Coalwards now that the Coffer drop is 15% down to 4% and Pres wards 85% down to 30%. I could pretend nothing will change becuase 'we dont know yet', or we could use some market history on what extra incentives to have zen have done to the exchange. It was at 82% of cap 2hrs ago.

You are right "because its at the high end doesnt mean it going to hit the cap". If that is only what we were basing this off you would get 10 points for a good strawman. Given some facts 1) This fluctuating market has always trended upwards. 2) More pressure on exchange rate is coming in mod2 unless there is some major backtracking (how major or minor is yet unknown). 3) Prior to the latest sale the exchange was trending around 80% of the cap.

Its possible under the current live and proposed preview changes IMHO (you are entitled to disagree) this could easily hit the cap.

The decisions of Cryptic may sit just fine for you but probably best not to judge those who this doesnt sit so well with. Not everyone is as accepting.

Don't argue because of changing Coffer. That's another patchpart, but not the part of the refinement system! And all hysteric posts that only dependent that the refinement system is worse due the coffer change/market change due this are invalid.

Something new for the Thread:

Fey blessing
    Upgrade Rp | Value |Grade | Chance
    103.680 | 12960 |Lesser | 20% | R9
    311.040 | 38880 |Normal | 10% | R10
    - | 58320 |Greater
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Dont argue because i dont like something? Sage advice - i suggest you have some.

No hysteria involved at all - discussion only.

Wait dont discuss coffers here because they arent part of the refinement system..... What are those pretty shinies inside those coffers used for? All of those items are used for refinement. So as that thread is no longer available, this thread is as relevant as it gets.

I never said the new refinement system is worse due to coffer changes and zen exchange.

I said, in prior posts, costs are higher at lower ranks and lower at upper ranks, doesnt reduce the time by any practical time frame. Its worse because has more moving parts/more complex and more expensive for the people this entire system it was aimed at. Btw some people dont really care what the maths work out to be for R9's&10s. They care about the ranks immediately in front of them. In some cases it will cost them more for this. Slice that however you wish.

The new system does not seem to add appeal to previous people who did not use it save for the ability to use any enchantment type to refine with. I've left off removal costs as you say this is not part of the refinement process.
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the market has continually fluctuated just like any market. just because it's at the high end doesn't mean it's going to hit cap. but also considering that since cryptic/pwe can change whatever they want at their discretion, even if the cap was removed, it would be in response to the player-driven market... not for any other reason. if that includes people buying zen, who cares? it's not like the doom/gloomers are looking at the company financials... those arguments are driven more by flames/hate rather than constructive feedback and criticism.

I've got just one question: If the market would be exclusively player driven and therefore can't be manipulated from outside, what do you think would happen if they'd make AD sales instead of ZEN sales? Like a discount for upgrading companions or at the Wondrous Bazaar or fee-free days at the AH.
This discussion has been closed.