test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How To Guide on how to Deal with Tenes

Comments

• ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Barkshield is not the counter of Tene. Barkshield can max negate 2 of the tene proc before it fail total. All who say Barkshield absorb full Tene dmg have to show it per combatlog! If they not i tell them be liars!
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No one has yet produced a video proving Barkshield's effectiveness against Tenebrous. It seems more likely that Tenny users are promoting the idea in hope that their favorite enchantment will not get nerfed.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    The only hard counter to tenes is batman. Batman can counter tenes and no need to prove it, since he is batman.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    The only hard counter to tenes is batman. Batman can counter tenes and no need to prove it, since he is batman.

This is true, ive tested it. I wont post my combat log but Batman cant counter D10 Darks therefore darks are better than tenes! We dont need to nerf tenes afterall, people just need to play with batman instead.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    This is true, ive tested it. I wont post my combat log but Batman cant counter D10 Darks therefore darks are better than tenes! We dont need to nerf tenes afterall, people just need to play with batman instead.

The only way to play with the batman...is to become the batman.
  • gerftyloggerftylog Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2013
    It seems more likely that Tenny users are promoting the idea in hope that their favorite enchantment will not get nerfed.

LoL. Oh noz! Halp dont nerf Tene!
    edited October 2013
    gerftylog wrote: »
    LoL. Oh noz! Halp dont nerf Tene!

This is why I have very high respect for aryoux. He actually gives intelligent responses. If you do not agree with the "high-end" PVPers they just flame and attack you.

Still waiting for that Barkshield video. Anyone? Anyone?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The right way to counter tene is to die and respawn.
  • srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

likewise, I haven't had the time nor opportunity to test or verify this so hence why I am leading towards this as being as a "hot air" excuse thrown out there...

I ran into a CW from Enemy Team wearing perfect barkshield and ran through him very quickly, the barkshield did very little to protect him from CW powers, so i have yet to see any credence to the "barkshield" claims.

I hope to see some sort of validity to this from some of the testers out there.
  • xxiambatmanxxxxiambatmanxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Watsup every 1 , i'm Batman and i approve this message !!!
    edited October 2013
    This is why I have very high respect for aryoux. He actually gives intelligent responses. If you do not agree with the "high-end" PVPers they just flame and attack you.

All you do is post and post and post and post about Tene butthurting you. Shut up already.

Do you not get what barkshield does? Why do you need a video? I am mind boggled.
    edited October 2013
    All you do is post and post and post and post about Tene butthurting you. Shut up already.

Do you not get what barkshield does? Why do you need a video? I am mind boggled.

Gefty, thank you for your quick response. You're a great PVPer and your guild plays very hard. In response to your question, I know what people claim Barkshield does. I've yet to see any evidence supporting it and was hoping that someone like you who has their own Twitch channel, records videos and uses Tenebrous could simply post a short video which we would all appreciate.

Best, Trace.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited October 2013
    Sorry it was not faster...I just browse this thread for fun and saw you claiming GWF's were using barkshield as a excuse and hoping it would save tene from being nerfed. I thought that was humorous and figured i'd poke at ya. Didn't expect to be called unintelligent and not respected. Next time i'll be faster. And i'll get a video for you tonight.
    edited October 2013
    Sorry it was not faster...I just browse this thread for fun and saw you claiming GWF's were using barkshield as a excuse and hoping it would save tene from being nerfed. I thought that was humorous and figured i'd poke at ya. Didn't expect to be called unintelligent and not respected. Next time i'll be faster. And i'll get a video for you tonight.

Thank you. I do appreciate it. And having an unintelligent response doesn't make someone unintelligent. I just really appreciate Aryoux's posts, because they're backed up by a lot of data. I also don't run Tennys, and very few guildies in EoA do. So we don't have access to the experience and videos that you have.

Thank you again, Trace.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited October 2013

http://www.twitch.tv/freeskier428/c/3141294

Hope this makes sense.
    edited October 2013

all tene's proccing at once... Yeah...THAT needs removed from the game FAST...

btw ty

edit : your armor is not black and gold... please turn in your yinzer card
  • patienceeepatienceee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could you show us a video of a full 1v1 with tene + barkshield. Barkshield only helps with the first intial burst, but tene's can proc again within 1 second of each other.
    edited October 2013
    srdjana2 wrote: »
    The only thing I seen demonstrated was all tene's proccing at once... Yeah...THAT needs removed from the game FAST...

Are you serious?
  • josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Look at the log before the recorded hit in that video.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
    edited October 2013
    yeah i changed my post, there was video latency on my side
    edited October 2013
    patienceee wrote: »
    Could you show us a video of a full 1v1 with tene + barkshield. Barkshield only helps with the first intial burst, but tene's can proc again within 1 second of each other.

this..........
    edited October 2013

edit : your armor is not black and gold... please turn in your yinzer card

Are you color blind?
    edited October 2013
    Are you color blind?

ARE CAPABLE OF NOT BEING AN AS$ FOR 3 SECONDS....

Your enchant blocks any color graphics that are noticeable.

After a double check...I stand by my statement...your armor is not Black and gold...

Your armor is more grey than anything.... So yes your sh*t has been revoked.. i can mail you some black and purple dyes to finish your outfit...

maybe some diarrhea brown and white might be more your speed...

orange stripes and black maybe ?
  • b4gshrugsb4gshrugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 69
    edited October 2013
    this..........

You claim you are the premier enchant tester on the PTR and you haven't even tested barkshield/tenes?

It's interesting how all your b.s. comes to light the more you post. Can't keep those lies straight :X
    edited October 2013
    ARE CAPABLE OF NOT BEING AN AS$ FOR 3 SECONDS....

Your enchant blocks any color graphics that are noticeable.

After a double check...I stand by my statement...your armor is not Black and gold...

Your armor is more grey than anything.... So yes your sh*t has been revoked.. i can mail you some black and purple dyes to finish your outfit...

maybe some diarrhea brown and white might be more your speed...

orange stripes and black maybe ?

This is what the game has for black and gold dyes. Keep trolling.

1383503_10202162759813528_741314639_n.jpg?oh=671f7d2865bb3c662b2d90421fce4466&oe=526DA3C3
    edited October 2013

Thanks for taking the time to do this, Gerfty. I really do appreciate it. It definitely shows 1) Tennys all procing at once and 2) whether it's a bug or not, the Barkshield absorbing all of the necrotic damage.
    patienceee wrote: »

Ideally, that's what I wanted as well, but I'm very appreciate of CD taking the time to make this video regardless. In a normal combat situation then, it seems that Barkshield will help with the initial burst only, which is definitely better than nothing. Since Barkshield reforms every 8 seconds, and Tennys proc every 20 (after the initial procs aryoux showed us), I suspect it may not be the end-all-be-all counter to Tenebrous. Excited to see it played out in an actual PVP match.

Thanks again, Gerfty, for taking the time to post the footage.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited October 2013
    No one has yet produced a video proving Barkshield's effectiveness against Tenebrous. It seems more likely that Tenny users are promoting the idea in hope that their favorite enchantment will not get nerfed.

Of course they are. There are also many more situations where soulforge is superior to barkshield so you are gimping yourself just in hopes of negating tenebrous and some smaller attacks. I can see a viable premade strategy being to have the TRs quickly use their dagger attacks on someone to eat away their barkshield and then let a GF tene burst them.

You would have to pray for the stars to align to for barkshield to fully negate tenebrous burst.
    edited October 2013
    This is what the game has for black and gold dyes. Keep trolling.

bro... you REALLY need to stop thinking everytime someone talks to you , you get defensive thinking they are trolling you...

What a crumpled world that must be...

You do realize people can talk to you normally and make jokes and it NOT be a troll... its called casual fun...

I would have hoped you realized you can make black and gold from black dye and blessed gold or Nightmare dye packs

b4gshrugs wrote: »
    You claim you are the premier enchant tester on the PTR and you haven't even tested barkshield/tenes?

Im sorry if my IRL schedule cannot fit your tight demands for testing. Please leave your complaint about my schedule with our complaints department, we will get back to you in 4-6 nevers....

( that is a troll btw Gerft in case you need a reference point )
    edited October 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    You would have to pray for the stars to align to for barkshield to fully negate tenebrous burst.

well said...
    edited October 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    Of course they are. There are also many more situations where soulforge is superior to barkshield so you are gimping yourself just in hopes of negating tenebrous and some smaller attacks. I can see a viable premade strategy being to have the TRs quickly use their dagger attacks on someone to eat away their barkshield and then let a GF tene burst them.

Agreed. The video shows Barkshield absorbing the initial burst. That's decent, but definitely not the amazing counter that Tenebrous users claim it to be. I watch as many PVP matches as I can of guilds like Lemonade Stand, Complaints Department, and (recently) The Enemy Team. I don't see Barkshield being used. Negation and Soulforged are still the primary choices. That says a lot to me.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg