Install Arc
Options

How To Guide on how to Deal with Tenes

Comments

• Options
    cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    I can't believe all the crying about that video, it proved that barkshield will absorb ALL tene and still people are whining that it's not true. Also I find that in combat (as a CW) my barkshield eats tene's all the time, more often than not honestly. For a TR or CW barkshield is amazing and definitely better than SF unless all you do is pugs.

The video proved that it absorbs tene, all of them, even tho it only used 1 charget to absorb 7x1000 dmg. I dont think this is working as intended. It just doesnt make sense if an enchant that is suppose to absorb 2k dmg, ended up absorb 7k dmg. In the meantime tho, it is a good enchant against tene.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can't believe all the crying about that video, it proved that barkshield will absorb ALL tene and still people are whining that it's not true. Also I find that in combat (as a CW) my barkshield eats tene's all the time, more often than not honestly. For a TR or CW barkshield is amazing and definitely better than SF unless all you do is pugs.

Odd, I didn't see any crying or whining. I saw some very logical and thought-out responses. I've noticed a recurring pattern from Tenebrous users to launch personal attacks instead of having a civil conversation when presented with logical, reasonable questions. It's quite a shame.

We all would really love to see Barkshield in real PVP scenario. No one has yet to produce evidence of non-Tenebrous user with Barkshield owning a Tenebrous user in PVP. I'd love to see your CW fight against a stealth-Tenny TR or a Tenny GWF. Would you mind posting an example from a higher end PVP match? All that we've seen is Barkshield absorbing the initial burst.

Thank you in advance or your time and consideration.

PS: While watching the matches on the test shard where everyone had access to Tennys, I didn't see anyone running Perfect Barkshield. All were running Perfect Negation and Soulforge. If the enchantment is so amazing at negating Tenebrous, why did no one use it in matches where everyone had GTEs?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Barkshield is nice, it takes into consideration your defense and deflect when calculating damage absorbed. I think it is better than soulforged against tenebrous since soulforged doesn't protect against tene.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Barkshield helps keep you from taking an immediate death and burst down.
  • Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    I use a Perfect Barkshield and it helps against rogues but it sure does not save me if Shrugs decides to hit me. Not sure if he has Tene's :) Just sayin.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I use a Perfect Barkshield and it helps against rogues but it sure does not save me if Shrugs decides to hit me. Not sure if he has Tene's :) Just sayin.

No he doesnt use them, atleast right now. Weve been toying with the idea of him switching although were waiting to see what the nerf will look like.

As to the barkshield, yes it CAN counter tenes under certain circumstances, I doubt its working s intended, and its not that useful for most classes except for against tene players.

What I find funny is that first people complain about me proposing a tene nerf because "only the elite <1% have GTE and are running those builds, so we dont really need to nerf them" or "youll <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> alot of people off who spend money on them"... Then people start saying, "use barkshield! it counters tene"

Well... Im scratching my head here wondering why people would play with an armor enchant to counter <1% of people builds (tene users)... Wouldnt you want to play with enchants that help against 99% of peoples builds? especially since weve already discussed that its a hit or miss when it comes to bark countering tenes?

So which is it, either tenebrous are FAR more common than 1% and then yes more people should run barkshield, or people are proposing a stupid "counter" since its hit or miss AND its only very effective against tnebrous enchants...

Ive posted my thoughts on how they should change tenebs, personally I think 5 seconds of immunity to damage (SF) is way stronger than barkshield....
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    PS: While watching the matches on the test shard where everyone had access to Tennys, I didn't see anyone running Perfect Barkshield. All were running Perfect Negation and Soulforge. If the enchantment is so amazing at negating Tenebrous, why did no one use it in matches where everyone had GTEs?

Because it is only good on classes who can get out of combat or "dodge" long enough to have atleast 2 charges per 16 seconds.

That means incase if GWF and GFs it wont be that effective. Not sure how GF's shield works with it though.

And yes, Barkshield is only good to absorb initial burst. More like "A-delay-to-your-certain-death" enchantment :D. It wouldn't save you from a perma TR with G.tenes if you are a CW for example unless you spot his stealth.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

If you mean the matches prior to server merge we wanted to run barkshield on almost all of our members but couldn't get access to a perfect. We had only a lesser and didn't want to copy it 64 times, but that would have been the enchant of choice for most of our team if we had access to it. Now it's much more prevalent as it's been some time since the feywild launch.

My barkshield absorbs tene burst all the time in pre vs. pre, sadly I do not have recording ability as it lags me in game too much =/

The video showed all tene's being eaten by barkshield, so we know it's possible. So in a pvp scenario is it possible that someone else attacks you and drops your barkshield stacks first? yes, but according to most people in this thread all the top guilds run 7 tene's on every character right lol? So no matter who attacks you other than DC you absorb tene's right?

The CD for barkshield charges is 8 seconds and it does recover charges in combat, I know ayroux claims that tene's proc every 1-12 seconds but that just doesn't happen in the midst of an actual PvP match, I can't say how the dummies react as testing on dummies is just worthless IMO...

Have I sat there and counted down from my first set of procs to my 2nd? No I don't do that mid match, sorry. Have I been waiting what seems like forever after my very first proc until my 2nd b/c this guys SF is proccing? So many times. I would say the quickest time I've ever had between procs is 16-18 seconds.

But if you'd rather listen to the "logical and thought-out" responses of those that complain because they don't have them or those that test on dummies taking playstyle and the ability to counter them completely out of the equation then go for it. As for my guild we will continue to replace tene's with r9's nerf or no nerf b/c R9's simply perform better in PvP.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    As for my guild we will continue to replace tene's with r9's nerf or no nerf b/c R9's simply perform better in PvP.

If that was the case you would have been doing that from jump street...but you haven't. Because everyone knows the answer.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    srdjana2 wrote: »
    If that was the case you would have been doing that from jump street...but you haven't. Because everyone knows the answer.

R9's and 10's have always been more expensive than tene's, and up until feywild a lot more classes ran with SF making the utility of tene better. Now that many are using barkshield, negation, and others, coupled with the ease of acquiring higher rank enchants (fey blessings) it is viable to make the switch.

If this wasn't the case then why would we bother using regular enchants over tene's? We wouldn't.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    Ironic how a dev posts about a nerf in a solution thread, just laughable.

5 months+ into the game and apparently the enchant isn't working as intended, even tho it was "reworked" twice. my problem with these kind of posts is that this is a straight nerf to the ground, but its being communicated as an "excuse" like been done so many times in the past.

my other problem is that this isn't a solution, enchant cost: 4mil AH market price, unslot price 277x7 = 1.94mil. even in D3 when they tried pulling the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they eventually turned the item into legacy and kept it intact.

Your approach is wrong and you are basically robbing alot of players, not talking about balance issues at all btw.

Be happy that we're so lucky to have devs who care about these things, work on them, and communicate with us at all. Some of the other, ahem, less nice games don't see this kind of privilege.

As for the nerf itself, these things happen in MMOs all the time. I wonder how people don't get tired whining about the m.
  • Options
    layback16layback16 Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2013
    Finally, the tenebrous will be nerf?
    Teahupoo, GF TANK PVP (Stoped in time) :mad:

Teahup00, HR PVE :o
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can someone tell me which of these 86 god forsaken pages contains the dev posting about a nerf? There is no way I'm scrolling through this entire thread to find it.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Post 43 page 5.

Still nothing on preview yet.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    i think not because they are probably trying to find the middle ground for this issue. i doubt they want to make the enchantment useless since it is a cash enchantment, and tranquil already disappointed too much.
    at the same time i think they want to do what has to be done for it doesn't overpower too much others enchantments.

personally, i think it being dodged and deflected already would do well the job.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I believe, also, they are trying to find a middle ground but sadly, on this issue, there is none.

You have to weigh 2 factors only when deciding on this issue...

How many customers will leave if we do nothing.
    How many customers will leave if we do something.

The basic solution I find to this, is this.

You already see Tenebrous users starting to make some changes over to rank 9's and 10's with them admitting the enchantment is overpowered and needs fixed.
    You already see players quitting the game because PVE is not a big enough carrot or fun enough to hold onto players and PvP being dominated by a specific set of players using a specific enchant, players are leaving in droves because let's face it...

The game is not fun and people use PvP to keep playing in hopes somehow the game will find it's footing and become fun.

With PvP becoming as severely unbalanced as it is...

Nobody wants to spend 2 hours in a boring dungeon then go into PvP and in an attempt to have fun, get roflstomped and corpse humped and talked sh*t to by a small group of individuals who are just not making the game fun for people.

Also another factor is at play....

What these PvP'ers who gear out to the teeth dont realize is that there have been droves of players before them who did that same exact thing
    ...Tene'd out, geared out using suspicious means either by exploiting, duping.. or by legal means such as credit cards or being smart with the auction house...
    ...then quit the game because it just wasn't that fun roflestomping people time and time again.

So nerfing Tene's still truly wont solve the problem as there still will be huge disparity issues at play...

I am one of those players sitting at rank 7's, bordering on becoming the rank 8/9/10 player... But I am hesitant to make that leap because I don't want the game to become too easy...I dont want to sit around for 3 hours begging and pleading for a Premade vs Premade match... only to get one...then sit for another 3 hours...

Or level up YET another alt and do the same thing all over again.

There are several solutions on the table... the only one I truly find credence with is

default pvp gear slotted on your character upon zoning in...

eliminate disparity...bring more variables with abilities ( we see this upcoming in Shadowmantle ) .... and give everyone in PvP equal footing to work with...

PS: before anyone goes full Obama on me... I fully believe there should be Have's and have not's... People should be rewarded for there work...

Sadly in a game like this, with the sheer amount of exploits that have happened over the past 6 months... we have players who have been rewarded for no work...
    and PW/Cryptics lack of complete zero tolerance enforcement...

So the have and have not issue does not apply here.

Sucks for those who went about earning their items and gearing their character through good ol blue collar scrubbing...
    But it seems there is always some bad apples that ruin it for the entire bunch...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    •Tenebrous Enchantment now properly respects armor, dodging, and damage immunity. ==> so it is firm nerf
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    •Soulforged Armor: These enchantments have been reworked. When you die you are resurrected, healing you for 20/22.5/25/27.5% of average player health and healed for an additional 10/12.5/15/17.5% of average player health over 3 seconds. This effect may only occur every 90 seconds. ==> this seem like a pretty sweet deal, healing you 45% (over 3 sec) when you die.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    where these info coming from Oo?
  • Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    it is for preview server
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cheapjing wrote: »
    •Soulforged Armor: These enchantments have been reworked. When you die you are resurrected, healing you for 20/22.5/25/27.5% of average player health and healed for an additional 10/12.5/15/17.5% of average player health over 3 seconds. This effect may only occur every 90 seconds. ==> this seem like a pretty sweet deal, healing you 45% (over 3 sec) when you die.

That seems even more OP than the current Soulforged.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lol, so why exactly does bloodtheft exist now?^^
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i am making a greater or perfect soulforge as we speak... there is one thing bothers me, what is average hp?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i think this update will make my gwf more op than ever...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Allow me to be the first to say...

Thank You Cryptic... This is a GREAT first step.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited October 2013
    srdjana2 wrote: »
    Allow me to be the first to say...

Thank You Cryptic... This is a GREAT first step.

GWFs are going to be ridonkulous in pvp next patch. Should be fun :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    the sf tested, seems it is over the base hp the healing, not the total amount. according to a friend
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the sf tested, seems it is over the base hp the healing, not the total amount. according to a friend

Gannicus, more or less OP than before for a Sentinel?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i tested soulforge is based on base hp of 21600, at greater, it has 5200 heal or so + 1080x3 heal. so the total is about 8500 = a pot when you die. I like it a lot... for me it is better than 4 sec immunity. I am happy with it!