test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Call to Arms skirmish (Player Feedback)

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm just wondering if it's frustrating for them to get walloped on because they're with 60's.

The damage taken and given by enemies in the CTA scale to each player's level so the levels of the other player's doesn't have an effect.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That may be the case, but I've been seeing them dropping like flies. How does that work if a level 60 is attacking the Pit Fiend at the same time? Does it have the same hit point pool?
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    That may be the case, but I've been seeing them dropping like flies. How does that work if a level 60 is attacking the Pit Fiend at the same time? Does it have the same hit point pool?

i must admit , i got no idea how this works too, If a mob puts down a AOE ability directed at a lvl 60 but has 2 lvl 40's stood near by, how does it discriminate.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

When a player hits the enemy, the damage scales to the enemy's level. When the enemy hits a player, the damage scales to the player's level.

Now, lower level characters aren't going to do a well due to the fact that they lack feats and access to higher level powers. There gear is also normally going to be better compared to their level.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    endocin wrote: »
    Aaauugh..they are moving me this weekend. Hopefully some time Sunday! Or late Sat. I was gonna try a skirmish for the first time. How low does a lvl 60 GWF wait in que? I have a lvl 10 GF but have hardly used him and stuff is bond??

My level 60 GWF has had wait times of less than one minute on Mindflayer. Longest wait times so far have been 3-5 minutes on my TR, CW and DC. Fastest queues are for my GF which has been under 20 seconds.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Thank you Rabbi! :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dublindandublindan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My queues have all been less than five minutes on beholder for my lv 60 gwf, gf, tr and my 33 lv dc...haven't tried with my cw yet. Got ghost on 4th run, sword on next run, and have been getting astral diamonds, which was a pleasant surprise. Loving every minute of it, might run it a thousand times tomorrow after work...well, no.... but a lot! A great addition to an awesome game!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . . I really like the cruel enchants. If I can get some rank 7's or higher, they will be perfect replacement enchantments for my Power/Recovery AP specced lightening CW.
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's been fun. It's fast paced and quick which is a plus. The queue times are almost non-existent. My only concern is lumping the low leveled players with the higher levels. I'll explain why. For starters they die too frequently. If you get a low level DC in your group you're forced to accept the fact that they aren't going to be doing any substantial healing.
    I don't mind having them on my team because I try to stay aware of where they are and how they're doing. I'm just wondering if it's frustrating for them to get walloped on because they're with 60's.

I'm currently farming this on a lvl 33 Oppressor Wizard (always wanted one of each CW). I just came out of a round where we three manned the run with a lvl 20-ish TR, lvl 60 GF and myself. I think it greatly depends on skill and knowing how to play a character at the level you are playing it.
    *goes back to off-tanking for lvl 60s*
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ran it maybe 10 times. Dyes, dyes and more dyes, bland and non-special. At the beginning, there were more abundant enchants (which are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to me, but whatever), now I barely get 2-3/run. I got the orb skin, transmoged it cause it was free. If I get the companion I'll sell immediately, I have no use for well... not useful things. Rough AD - useless.

I like to queue randomly though and blink-tank for low-levels with my CW :) Melting those weak mobs with Steal Time and Oppressive Force is a bit of fun, as CW AoE usually is in this game.

Overall, I like events. Bu this one has extremely limited appeal. Too fast, too easy, too unrewarding.
  • Options
    setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is it me or does it seem like the drop rate for enchantments has significantly decreased after last night's patch? I haven't run it many times today (only 3 times) and each time I've received maybe 5 total enchantments each whereas prior to that I received at least 10 per round. I know the loot (or at least, heard, haven't really checked) is set to Round Robin so would that just make it bad luck on my part?

Also, have a question...

Earlier today three guild members and myself queued up for CTA. A random person joined in of course once the event started. Half way through the fight I decided to look at scoreboard and noticed that the fifth person who joined had 0 for all section of the scoreboard. I mentioned this to our party leader and he kicked him. So.. my question...

1) If every party member if marked as "leader" unless in a party when queued, can someone kick another whom leeches/goes AFK at beginning? Since loot is set to Round Robin, I'd imagine they could do nothing and still receive loot. Has anyone else experienced a problem with these people?
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!
  • Options
    sapientcrowsapientcrow Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    I run it a few times a day. That is it. It is very boring and a some cosmetic items or a new pet to add to the abundance of bots is not really enticing to me.
    The real loot in these imo is the enchants but in order to get them up to higher tiers you have to run the skirmishes until your eyes bleed out.

It is a boring grind and when events like these kick off the loot should drop everywhere.

I do like the fact that loot drops per person and that aspect should be added to how all loot drops in the game.
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the idea of CTAs, and in principle I'm also fine with the rewards for this one. But the drop rates for the better rewards are a bad joke. There is also no consolation price whatsoever. The dyes are useless in bulk, so 99% of the time you get absolutely nothing for your troubles. A bad rank 3 enchant? Come on. At least give us 2k AD or some such. I did it 10 times now and only got dyes, and that echoes what my guild mates experienced.

If this event only runs 3 days, then don't make it so we need to run it 50 times in just 3 days to get a pet and a skin.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the idea of CTAs, and in principle I'm also fine with the rewards for this one. But the drop rates for the better rewards are a bad joke. There is also no consolation price whatsoever. The dyes are useless in bulk, so 99% of the time you get absolutely nothing for your troubles. A bad rank 3 enchant? Come on. At least give us 2k AD or some such. I did it 10 times now and only got dyes, and that echoes what my guild mates experienced.

If this event only runs 3 days, then don't make it so we need to run it 50 times in just 3 days to get a pet and a skin.

I good team can steamroll the skirmish in like 10 minutes. The chance of success is all but assured. You cannot possibly expect the rewards to be that astounding with so few runs. Yes, the drop rates aren't great, but it is a quick distraction that all level players can participate in.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I good team can steamroll the skirmish in like 10 minutes. The chance of success is all but assured. You cannot possibly expect the rewards to be that astounding with so few runs. Yes, the drop rates aren't great, but it is a quick distraction that all level players can participate in.

The drop rates would be fine as they are IF there was any kind of base reward you always get. But 10 mintues are still utterly wasted 10 minutes if you get nothing but the 15th dye pack. Heck I'd be fine if I'd get a mark I can exchange for the pet. Then I don't mind if I need 50. But at least I know that each run gets me closer to the goal and I'm not wasting my time.
  • Options
    kiasydkiasyd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    17 attempts to get the item (or companion) still nothing, enchantments, the least noticeable colors in dye pack, rarely AD and fear I will not get a weapon skin for my tiefling because the event was planned for such short period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i like savage enchant gems better, didnt get enough time to do previous "call to arms" event.
    i had to buy ghost paladin from auction.

man, those "cash drops" are few coppers, so useless for 60 lvl, i feel Cryptic need to cough up few extra coins only for events, right now it is so lame that made players get bored and do something else, there no motivations.

Gosh! devs, please add "Bag of Gems" a little bit more for special events like all other "Call to Arms". it non-exist as "uncommon", and it seem more Ultra-rare/or Mythical rare, including colored tools for craftings.
    so that would give players something to get something they need for profession hirelings.
  • Options
    darvinthesixthdarvinthesixth Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Im not going to pretend I read 11 pages of text to see if anyone else who has reported this but it is in issue.

Players whom are of proper level to queue for the Straight to Helm skirmish normally (level 29ish) are not getting credit for the Rhix Daily for the Daily Skirmish.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In response to Kiasyd; you only get AD if it's 'Skirmish' hour I believe.
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Players whom are of proper level to queue for the Straight to Helm skirmish normally (level 29ish) are not getting credit for the Rhix Daily for the Daily Skirmish.

Odd, as it flagged the Rhix daily as complete on my level 31 character. Did you grab the quest from him before or after the event started?
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The drop rate for better items is noticeably worse than with the last CTA. If it's intentional way to suck the fun out of this event, if it's unintentional (which would be my guess) then I suppose not much will get done over the weekend and then it'll be over so tough cheese for us. At least I got the achievement for a missed skirmish - and that's about all I've got.
  • Options
    thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I got pretty lucky this call to arms, it only took 25 CTA to get tiefling weapons for all my 5 toons, even 2 daggers for my TR, and I got a 1 ghost companion for my main.

Last call to arms, I was much more unlucky, it took over 100 CTA to do the same.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    shunterino wrote: »
    The drop rate for better items is noticeably worse than with the last CTA. If it's intentional way to suck the fun out of this event, if it's unintentional (which would be my guess) then I suppose not much will get done over the weekend and then it'll be over so tough cheese for us. At least I got the achievement for a missed skirmish - and that's about all I've got.

I think it may be just the RNG being itself. My DC has run the skirmish a dozen times and gotten nothing but low-rank enchants and dye packs. My TR has run it four times and got (or would have if not for glitch) a rank 5 enchant the first time, then actually got a Tiefling weapon the second time and the companion the third time.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    concubinesconcubines Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the ultra rare NPC that appears if you run the skirmish enough times.

It's called a "Devoted Cleric."

Wheeeeee!

~Eggs
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The event is too short. I have 8 chars how am I supposed to get anything useful for them if I keep getting dyes I probably won't use because I recently found some good looking dyes in the zen store :/ .
  • Options
    msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yesterday afternoon I ran the event 4 times; got the ghost on the second run, level 5 enchant on the third. Last night I tried to run it with my guildies. It caused me to lag so badly that my toon was stuck in the middle of the street, unable to move at all. I lagged only in the skirmish, not in any other instance of the game. I can't even run this event anymore because of the lag. I'm assuming it's the higher traffic for the event; or it's the Verizon/Cogent pissing contest rearing it's ugly head again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ryowulfryowulf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited October 2013
    I've run a number of call to arms and have got nothing but dye packs. If the event ends and that's all I have gotten then for me the event was a failure. At least give us marks or coins to buy the things we couldn't win. I won't be wasting my time on another skirmish event if this is how they are going to run it.
  • Options
    manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I'm at 30 runs on my GF and still not one weapon skin, much less a ghost.

Few things I have to say about the event:

1. I went them to go more often, if not once a week, once every other week or once a month, with different CTA each time so that we're not grinding the same one.

2. Weapon skins: I want them to drop more often. If they're BTA and cannot be traded, at least up their drop rate and put them as added loot on top of the other items that drop inside the CTA chest, so instead of getting a few silver, a dye and an enchant I'd get a few silver, dye, enchant and the weapon if it drops.

3. Companion. Drop it more if these are going to be such rare events please.

Really the only things I have to say on this. I'm not even sure if I'll ever see the guardian weapon and kinda feeling like giving up after farming it this much and not seeing a single drop outside the enchants and dyes after 30+ runs. Really frustrating for me. I'm starting to think the GF weapon is a myth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wish the dye packs had a more unique appearance -- they're too similar to what we already have. They have gold edging, at least, so I'm thinking on using them as a base for noble finery and exchanging some AD to get dye bottles while they're on sale to customize further. We really need something with more purple in it besides the Neverwintan Noble dye pack imo.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The drop rates would be fine as they are IF there was any kind of base reward you always get. But 10 mintues are still utterly wasted 10 minutes if you get nothing but the 15th dye pack. Heck I'd be fine if I'd get a mark I can exchange for the pet. Then I don't mind if I need 50. But at least I know that each run gets me closer to the goal and I'm not wasting my time.

Like it or not, this is the only place (currently) to get those special enchantments. I've done about 20 runs on my GWF, and got something like 60+ R1, 10+ R2, 5+ R3-4, 2 R5. As I said in my initial post, I agree that the drop rate isn't good. That doesn't, IMO, mean that it's a total waste of time...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums