Options

Call to Arms skirmish (Player Feedback)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    amadalus wrote: »
    Unfortunately it was open mainly on the days when I am unable to play. I think this is the second time this has happened. PWE seems to favor running these events for only a short time and centered on the Fri/Sat area. This leaves me out. I was able to slide in a single run, but enjoyed it anyway. I'd rather see them reduce the quantity of drops (I got way too many on my one run IMO) and lengthen the event to include those who can't play on Fri/Sat.

I'm sure they do it on weekends figuring that's when most people have the most playtime (I work and do college 5 days a week so I only get long stretches on weekends, I'm sure I'm not in the minority). It would be great if they'd expand it to 5 days centered around a weekend or 7 full days for people who work or have other obligations on weekends, though.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I missed it all. They had to move me. All hooked up again. Stuff happens. Maybe I can get on tonight and see the AH. New goodies? Still gotta do my boring little feywild dailies and get caught up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Stupid me, posted in wrong topic. >.<;
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I notice the skirmish is still availiable after the event. Does the Ghost Paladin still drop from it or are the Paladins a one time deal?
    Will they drop next event or will it be something different? I'm wondering if it worth collecting some of these companions for rarity.
    It would be nice to see them being a one time deal, but my gut feeling says no.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So far, companions have been limited to just that skirmish. On the bright side, "The Pit" (my favorite) is just a few weeks away, probably a new companion to battle for.

P.S. Check AH, I sold 2 of those Ghosties.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I notice the skirmish is still availiable after the event. Does the Ghost Paladin still drop from it or are the Paladins a one time deal?
    Will they drop next event or will it be something different? I'm wondering if it worth collecting some of these companions for rarity.
    It would be nice to see them being a one time deal, but my gut feeling says no.

The Call To Arms events just use existing skirmishes that are always available if you are in the right level range. The special rewards like the Ghost Paladin are just limited to the Call to Arms event however.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    amadalus wrote: »
    Unfortunately it was open mainly on the days when I am unable to play. I think this is the second time this has happened. PWE seems to favor running these events for only a short time and centered on the Fri/Sat area. This leaves me out. I was able to slide in a single run, but enjoyed it anyway. I'd rather see them reduce the quantity of drops (I got way too many on my one run IMO) and lengthen the event to include those who can't play on Fri/Sat.

I would like to see them increase the frequency and duration of CTA events also. Regarding drops, that is an RNG issue and some people are exceedingly unlucky.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    So far, companions have been limited to just that skirmish. On the bright side, "The Pit" (my favorite) is just a few weeks away, probably a new companion to battle for.

P.S. Check AH, I sold 2 of those Ghosties.

Yea im looking forward to this. Its always been a fun one. But considering the Vellosk theme we will probably get another wolf pet and primative/barbarian themed weapons.

Im personaly hoping for more gladiator themed weapons and my own Spartacus for a pet :D
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea im looking forward to this. Its always been a fun one. But considering the Vellosk theme we will probably get another wolf pet and primative/barbarian themed weapons.

Im personaly hoping for more gladiator themed weapons and my own Spartacus for a pet :D

If they are going to go down the wolf path, I hope it is a werewolf. Otherwise, I want something different besides another wolf/dog.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It will be an Armored Gray Wolf. Not an Armored Orc Wolf. Oh no no no. An Armored Gray Wolf.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    What if it was a spirit wolf? What then?!

(could be coolish imo despite the overwhelming caninity of it all)
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    What if it was a spirit wolf? What then?!

(could be coolish imo despite the overwhelming caninity of it all)

Oh wow, I think you nailed it. Cryptic logic, what can be better then a wolf or a ghost?! Obviously it has to be a ghost wolf. So much for my dreams of a Sparticus pet.

Maybe next one. :p
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It'd be awesome if we got one of the pack leaders as a defender companion, or a storm shaman as a controller companion!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums