What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Call to Arms skirmish (Player Feedback)

Comments

• Options
    ollerantollerant Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have really enjoyed the CTA. although it does seem a lot harder on the lower levels compared to the orc CTA.

As usual some people have taken advantage and either stayed at zone in point and done zero dps or lvl 60 healers who basically do not heal. I was wondering , if I put these people on ignore does that mean the queueing system will not group us together ?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i haven't done this event as much as the last one. i do like the tiefling weapon skins and i have gotten one each for my gwf, my cw and my tr... i'll probably go for a second skin for my tr before the event finishes for her off-hand. thanks obama.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I finally got my pet after many runs. These things are pretty rare though. It's a bit tedious after some time to look for one item. I got countless tieffling stuff, more than i will ever need. Too bad the GF skin is another axe. :(
    ollerant wrote: »
    lvl 60 healers who basically do not heal.

I don't use heal when i play my DC during CTA (maybe an astral seal on the big bad guy but that's it). You shouldn't take that much damage anyway. A cleric not healing is doing the right thing, which is damage, to get to the chest quicker. Don't blame them, being the healbot isn't fun all the time, and a good dc can be top damage whenever he wants to. DCs do more damage than CWs, they just have no opportunity to show it.
    ollerant wrote: »
    I was wondering , if I put these people on ignore does that mean the queueing system will not group us together ?

No, the random queue can group you with anyone.
  • Options
    ollerantollerant Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well no heals , no astral shield and 300k dps was the problem I was having :)
  • Options
    darvinthesixthdarvinthesixth Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Odd, as it flagged the Rhix daily as complete on my level 31 character. Did you grab the quest from him before or after the event started?

After it started, the level 29 version (complete once). I also now have the level 31 version (complete twice) which I will attempt to do now to see if it is properly crediting that one.

*Edit* It is indeed correctly assigning completion to the level 31 version of the daily skirmish from Rhix, it is however still not crediting the level 29 version (single completion) Attempted at levels 29, 30, and 31.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have ran the CTA several times with nothing but dye packs and enchants to show for it. I wish the other items were just a tad more common as I am working overtime this weekend and my only day off is Monday, when the event ends. :(
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Enjoying it. Like the Tiefling battle axe skin. Has a very nice look with life drinker enchantment. So far have been selling the extras. Nice way to generate a little extra AD.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mytgroo wrote: »
    Enjoying it. Like the Tiefling battle axe skin. Has a very nice look with life drinker enchantment. So far have been selling the extras. Nice way to generate a little extra AD.

How exactly have been selling bound items for AD?
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    In Theory,....does an unbound sword....once transmuted remain unbound? :confused:

Nop. See these patch notes.
    • Change Appearance: When a Bind on Equip item is transmuted to look like a Bind on Pickup item, the resulting item is now bound.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I believe it'd be an improvement to the companion and weapon drop rates if every run gave you a guarenteed token on top of the items/random chance at the companion. Make the tokens tradable @ 50 for weapon or 100 for companion something you're able to turn in for a BoP companion or bop weapon. You're going to have to be determined to grind out pet and weapon that way - given that I'd even be ok with 100-200 for one of the items as long as the items also have same as current drop rates. That way the guaranteed ones are also bind and cannot be sold, but at least you know you'll get one companion before the end of the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think that is a good idea. the events should drop a currency like the going live event dropped bones/bone bags and then you could just buy what you wanted. or sell the bags. with occational rare drops. this way the unlucky people can actually just get what they want out of the event. instead of 153000 dyes.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I think that is a good idea. the events should drop a currency like the going live event dropped bones/bone bags and then you could just buy what you wanted. or sell the bags. with occational rare drops. this way the unlucky people can actually just get what they want out of the event. instead of 153000 dyes.

well... grinding for (more) coins (that are going to take up space in my currency inventory slots) in every event just doesn't sound as exciting as grinding for actual gear. yeah, six and a half dozen, the other. maybe. i like getting actual drops. perhaps they could just... make some of those things drop more frequently. of course, the true grinders have no complaints as they eventually get what they're after. others are not so lucky.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Anyone else notice that the Tiefling Symbol doesn't get the full enchant glow? Transmuted my Ancient Symbol with a Holy Avenger enchant, and the Tiefling Symbol isn't all gold and glowing.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    it was fun for a few times, pet drop after about 7 times. then i didn`t look back at it.
    sold pet quickly, because i know out of experience how fast the price drops of those things :D
    i`m not going back to the cta also, why waste time in a dungeon which only has a small chance on 30k (that was the last price of the pet when i looked)
    then those enchants, which there are actualy no allowed words for here.
    totaly useless for people with a mind.
    but ok, i don`t mind if someone makes money with them. but there are way better enchants then this stuf.
    those split numbers are always bad.
    unless there`s a cap for something.
  • Options
    manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I agree with you on that Melodywhr, however, I know of people that got a pet every few runs, I didnt get one till 50+ runs in, knowing there is an end to the grind would be nice. RNG simply hates me.

Allowing us to delete unwanted currency if we want would be an option I'd like to see (as well as an expanded currency tab).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I agree with you on that Melodywhr, however, I know of people that got a pet every few runs, I didnt get one till 50+ runs in, knowing there is an end to the grind would be nice. RNG simply hates me.

Allowing us to delete unwanted currency if we want would be an option I'd like to see (as well as an expanded currency tab).

you can discard bounty coins as well as sell them on the AH and email them. but some things are bound. i would imagine event coins would be bound just like the petals from the midsummer event.

here's a bit of irony for ya... queuing up for cta with my GF: no waiting. three of my other characters have the tiefling weapon skins and they didn't run as many of these as my GF has done so far.

woot.
  • Options
    drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Events shouldnt take over an hour to get into.

Wildstar +1
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Speaking of bound things: my one gripe about the BoP changes is that I can't gift transmute items to my guildies if I don't like how they look or end up with more than I need from the event. I'm stuck with things that I'm not going to use but don't want to discard because it feels wasteful. I wish they were BoE like the Sunite things were.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just finish this CTA with a party of four players - a lvl 12 DC, a lvl 7 GF, a lvl 55 CW and me - lvl 45 GWF. It was a bit hard before we cleared the adds before the boss and I had to revive my teammates every two minutes, but we did it. Then everybody kept the adds busy and I soloed the boss. It was one of the most epic fights I ever had in this game. Really tensed and really fun. :D
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I just finish this CTA with a party of four players - a lvl 12 DC, a lvl 7 GF, a lvl 55 CW and me - lvl 45 GWF. It was a bit hard before we cleared the adds before the boss and I had to revive my teammates every two minutes, but we did it. Then everybody kept the adds busy and I soloed the boss. It was one of the most epic fights I ever had in this game. Really tensed and really fun. :D

i definitely like that any level can join these CTA events. and i think more people should play guardian fighters. as i said earlier, it's pretty easy to get into pugs using just the queue system with my GF. i finally got my tiefling battle-axe... maybe i'll do a few more before the event is over on the off-chance that i might get a ghost companion. :cool:
  • Options
    ngeluzngeluz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    - How often will you run these Call to Arms skirmish?
    Guys I love the Skirmish! With me, I love it was all the time! I really wish the 5 man Dungeons where THIS active... it be so cool and be fun doing them in this for not to mention the good gear as it wont be so slow and time consuming... but I guess it had to be a careful thought off thing. The cool thing about this type of instances is that its fast and keeps your blood popping which make it really fun!

- Do you want one or all of the rewards?
    Well, I want to say YES all of the rewards, because I really have run this thing and have NOT gotten the ghost and only recently I got the weapon... and unlike other players I cant play that much as I wish, plus grinding to much really kills me, and makes me want to just stop and try something else for a while to cool down my frustration.

Constructive NOTE:
    I'm still kind of disappointed at the fact that with all the lock boxes, rare drops and NOT to mention that I happen to log on too LATE when you guys announce the special rewards with the Zen quantity I dint get any of the awards or drops. The astral diamonds to buy some of this stuff is ridiculous, believe me try it already, still bleeding on that. I like collecting all this stuff but I gave up... as I needed keys or TONS of astral diamonds to *TRY* to get some of those rewards or at list the one that caches my eye.
    I'm a strong supporter of Neverwinter as I believe it has potential, but its feeling like you are asking to much of time, real money and resources... that since its just about *chance* its like gambling and most of us being on the losing side... But I guess it must be my rotten luck or coincidence...
    Still going to play but if this is not address in some way, I'm sorry, I love u guys love the D&D 4th edition you brought to life, but I'm not paying THAT much just to get INGAME stuff THAT by CHANCE I might get most of the time that it may not even be account bound which I really don't know about does who have 5 or more toons how they feel.

IM just asking, Guys, come on be nice don't Push to bleed us dry your just killing most of your *paying* player core base, when u sum it all up.

BUT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I STILL LOVE THE GAME AND ITS D&D 4th edition LORE wish could get the lore I know I have miss, may be buy it in the Sages shop in Neverwinter or some other way... I pretty positive is miss stuff to read on, specially in the 5 Dungeons that are usually running to get it done. Still Love how u make this stuff in the books come to life cant wait to see what u come up with in the astral realm will we fly or have flying mounts to move on that landscape? or the Shadowfell will we see content on the *Heroes of Shadow* new races and classes? or the elemental chaos and the abysss the far real and beyond I really hope so!
  • Options
    xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've run it 8 times and all I've gotten from it has been coins, dye packs, and the cruel enchantments. I *do* like the enchantments, but color me unimpressed with the drop rates on the other items. I had the exact same luck with the previous Call to Arms as well... no companion... not even any transmutation items.

I don't think I'll bother with the next one.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Chest drops got nerfed hard, I've run it 20+ times and I've gotten dye and rank 3 enchant every single time... Obviously the drop rates have been changed to something like "95% dye, 4% weapon, 1% companion".

Since the weapons are BOP you figure they could up the drop rate on it to at least 15-20%......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I now have 44 dye packs, 44 rank 3 Cruel enchantments and no companion and no weapon skins. Joy.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I managed to get weapons for everyone except my GF, who was the only one I really wanted a weapon for. Alas. I really wish they were BoE -- some of my guildies are in the same boat and it would be nice if we could trade around after running it together.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    xictusxictus Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I enjoyed the skirmish overall but my main suggestion is to increase the weapon skin drops. They are BOP, so why make them so infrequent? Rng can be quite cruel. I just did 15 runs with my TR and never got the weapon to drop. I think for event you should get a modifier on the RNG that improves your odd every run. It shouldn't take more than 5-10 runs to get a BOP weapon skin imo.

-X
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xictus wrote: »
    Rng can be quite cruel. I just did 15 runs with my TR and never got the weapon to drop. I think for event you should get a modifier on the RNG that improves your odd every run. It shouldn't take more than 5-10 runs to get a BOP weapon skin imo.

This would be pretty awesome. Imagine every time you loot the chest but don't get the skin... You would instead get a stackable buff that increases your odds of getting it in the next skirmish. And have it disappear when you loot the weapon skin.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    It looks like the drop rate of companions and transmutable items is between 5-10%. I have run like 55 games, maybe some more and got 3 companions and like 4 weapons. But of course it doesn't mean you do 10 runs and have a companion. I did like 12 or so and got one and the very next run I did got me another and then I did lots of runs after without one. Just keep on going. It takes less than 10 minutes anyway if you know what to do.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    It looks like the drop rate of companions and transmutable items is between 5-10%. I have run like 55 games, maybe some more and got 3 companions and like 4 weapons.

Sounds more like you're lucky. And rng is being rng, and all that. Only ran it about 32 times so far. Got 3 weapon skins and no companions. All 3 weapons were in the last 10 runs. Just like everything else, its very random.

*And then 2 runs later I finally get the ghost. Hehe.*
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR