What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Call to Arms skirmish (Player Feedback)

Comments

• Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not going to read all 16 pages, but I would ask that the algorithm for calculating aggro be re-examined for the next CTA event. For one of the skirmishes, I was the only Level 60 character (a CW), there was a level 50-something DC, and everyone else was level 20 or below. So all of the elite and boss aggro was on ME. And I was loaded up with CC spells, not single-target spells, so it was a bit of a challenge to kill the boss. (I actually did end up dying in that one.) The rest of the team didn't seem to be damaging it very much at all (although I was so focused on the boss, I couldn't really tell what they were doing). A fellow guild mate also commented on a similar phenomenon, in one of his skirmishes he, a lvl60 DC, was the only high-level player there, and everyone else was much lower level, and his team actually wiped and could not finish the skirmish because all of the aggro was on the poor DC, and the rest of the team evidently was unable to effectively draw it away.

Please, for these multi-level events, do something to balance out the aggro a little bit more, don't just put it all on the highest-level player there which right now seems to be how it is calculated.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    A fellow guild mate also commented on a similar phenomenon, in one of his skirmishes he, a lvl60 DC, was the only high-level player there, and everyone else was much lower level, and his team actually wiped and could not finish the skirmish because all of the aggro was on the poor DC, and the rest of the team evidently was unable to effectively draw it away.

The DC should reroll then maybe. When I do CTA with my DC I will normally end up on top of the list that has taken the most damage and yet I survive and my team survives. I even ran into the mobs and spam my AOE, very often I am also on top of the kill list. Last time even on the damage list. Most of the time I have the aggro of lots of the mobs at the same time. A lvl 60 DC should not have any problems healing his team unless no one of them knows how to stand inside Astral Shield.
  • Options
    aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2013
    Hate to say it but I'm rather dissapointed about the ninja nerf that's happend to the drops and chest reward.

I've done 37 runs so far and for the first 20 I used to find atleast 1 random rank 3-4 enchant as a mob drop, also got 3 ghosts and some rank 5's, the past 17 runs I haven't seen any random enchants drop and the reward from the chest has been the exact same thing 17 times in a row so far ( 5 silver 25 copper , Helmite dye pack and a rank 3 cruel enchantment).

Was looking forward to stocking up on some enchants and a few ghosts to hand around to friends that couldn't be there during the event but with the extreme nerf to the droprates there's no chance of that happening anymore.

Update:

Random enchants have started to drop again since run 38. have also gotten a ghost at 40.
  • Options
    fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Ran it 45 times, got one companion and 4 weapons on my DC.
    The fastest runs were with 4CWs in the party. 2nd fastest was with 3 TRs in the party. Slowest was when I was the only level 60 in the party. Had to do a lot of add tanking then, but still kept everybody alive.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Finally farmed cruel rank 7. I am not sure it was worth my time. It was lots of time in the past 2-3 days with this drop rate.
    At least the skirmish is fast and intense.

I am not amused by its offensive values compared to dark or savage but it raises GS.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I played the first event a lot (for savage enchants) and got tons of same dying stuff and no companion. Here I played once and saw the same concerns: getting level 1 enchants (when farming in Feywild gives lvl4 enchants) and, guess what, dying stuff and no companion. I will basically skip this event.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    if they're going to merge shards tomorrow, i wonder why they didn't put this CTA off until this upcoming weekend so there would be (hypothetically) more ppl in queue.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    if they're going to merge shards tomorrow, i wonder why they didn't put this CTA off until this upcoming weekend so there would be (hypothetically) more ppl in queue.

Maybe they wanted more time between the special events.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    The DC should reroll then maybe. When I do CTA with my DC I will normally end up on top of the list that has taken the most damage and yet I survive and my team survives. I even ran into the mobs and spam my AOE, very often I am also on top of the kill list. Last time even on the damage list. Most of the time I have the aggro of lots of the mobs at the same time. A lvl 60 DC should not have any problems healing his team unless no one of them knows how to stand inside Astral Shield.

I've had a few hilarious runs where I've been top of every table except times downed. When the DC is beating you by 500k damage and has done 80-90% of the healing, something is wrong. Worse, a few of those were with full L60 parties.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    clpminiclpmini Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I didn't really care too much for the helmite CTA, especially if I compare it to the orc CTA. I played maybe 5 runs on Friday, not at all over the weekend, where I instead decided to watch lots of football.

I may just be getting tired of the game in general, but I do know that if the helmite CTA and new lockboxes were supposed to be incentives to reignite my interest, that certainly wasn't achieved.
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    CTA RESULTS

106 x CTA Runs
    106 x Dye Packs
    6 x Helmite Paladin Ghost
    12 x Tiefling Orbs
    20 x Cruel Enchantments Rank 5
    20 000 AD
    3 x Dark Forest Lockboxs

I got 5 ghosts before i hit 50runs, i kept running the event 2c how other CW are played (watch & learn)
    85% of runs i just qued, day 1 waiting time was 3min/ 5min, then it went to 5min /10min...joined groups but the speed was 2fast
    for me, overall i enjoyed the event, liked the mobs & set out. I hope the belt the Pit Fiend was wearing comes up as a fashion item...
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My results

79 runs.
    1 Helmite Paladin Ghost
    4 TR picks
    16 Cruel enchantments rank 5 (that includes crushing down r1-r4 ones).
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    lpsx wrote: »
    CTA RESULTS

106 x CTA Runs
    106 x Dye Packs
    6 x Helmite Paladin Ghost
    12 x Tiefling Orbs
    20 x Cruel Enchantments Rank 5
    20 000 AD
    3 x Dark Forest Lockboxs

I got 5 ghosts before i hit 50runs, i kept running the event 2c how other CW are played (watch & learn)
    85% of runs i just qued, day 1 waiting time was 3min/ 5min, then it went to 5min /10min...joined groups but the speed was 2fast
    for me, overall i enjoyed the event, liked the mobs & set out. I hope the belt the Pit Fiend was wearing comes up as a fashion item...

Gratz to you. =(
    35 runs only 35 dyes. No companion. -.- 3x R5
    4x Tiefling weapon... So i pissed of by that...

My feedback: Make the companions droprate a bit more. Not everybody have time to run over 20 or more times that skirmish!
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Gratz to you. =(
    35 runs only 35 dyes. No companion. -.- 3x R5
    4x Tiefling weapon... So i pissed of by that...

My feedback: Make the companions droprate a bit more. Not everybody have time to run over 20 or more times that skirmish!

Don't be too sad, the companion is nothing special and it's novelty runs out pretty fast after you realize it dies just as easy as any of the other companions and unless you upgrade it to 30 it has no real use. Even if you upgrade it to 30 (about 1,300,000 AD is it?), I don't think it would be as good at healing as the common Cleric Companion.

I did about 50-60 runs on all of my characters and got two Daggers, three Symbols, one Orb and one Great Sword, three Paladins and the other usual stuff.
    It was pretty fun... except a few times when some genius would be such a hurry that would mess everything up. I don't get why anyone would play a game where they would just try to skip as much as possible.

Sorry not everyone got a chance to get what they wanted (I just wanted the weapons really). It seems lady RNG can be a really cruel mistress indeed.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I never got the play it, I forgot about the event, and just kept levelling and working on my foundry quests. :(
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I enjoyed them and would like to see more CTA options regularly. In an ideal world there would be CTA options in place for each and every skirmish so that everyone has the option to hit the skirmishes they may have otherwise missed due to leveling out of them.

Ran this one around 60 times on various characters. One each of the different weapons (and noticed that there appears to be a problem with the glow mapping on the Tiefling Symbol when used with a Holy Avenger enchant), and a single Helmite Ghost Paladin. Kept running it with my TR to try and get a 2nd weapon, but sadly another did not drop.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    My results

79 runs.
    1 Helmite Paladin Ghost
    4 TR picks
    16 Cruel enchantments rank 5 (that includes crushing down r1-r4 ones).

I did like 30-35 runs and got 2 paladins, like 6 tiefling orbs, and finally made a R7 cruel =)

sold each paladin for like ~48k within minutes lol, I don't understand why people want worthless striker pets =P
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited October 2013
    Didn't get to run too many times - 10 think? No companion, 3000 AD, 2 Tiefling weapons, and several enchants.

And all on my CW, so the second weapon is just something to take up space unless they un-bind it.

Even if they still want to have the stuff drop randomly, adding in the ability to save up for them too would be nice (as with the summer festival).
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    So jealous.

Loved the event as i have serious time constraints its a fun, quick, easy run.

I am dissappointed at my RNG.

54 runs

54 dye packs
    fused enchants up to 2 level 5's and some other smaller ones
    0 companions
    0 transmutable weapons

I would complain about RNG but have been playing since original beta and have only gotten one coalescent so far with opening 5 chests on 5 different characters per seven days.... guess it could be worse.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    25 runs or so overall I'd say.

- 3 tiefling orbs, had to sell 2, why the hell were these bound?!?
    - dyes
    - 2 R5 enchants
    - no companion, too bad, I wanted to sell it. Please Cryptic make USEFUL companions that compete with the stone/cat, not more and more of the same trash that is unusable in dungeons.
  • Options
    ryowulfryowulf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited October 2013
    Neverwinter treated the chances of drops as something everyone could get with a little effort. Which is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I ran the event a ton of times and all I have to show for it is a bunch of dyes and one 5 lvl enchantment.

The event was fun enough the first few times, but it did get old. Its not that the loot was all great, but to put that much time into trying for it an failing doesn't make me want to do a repeat for the next event.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    - 3 tiefling orbs, had to sell 2, why the hell were these bound?!?

I had to sell two Symbols and I am thinking of selling the third one too. It's not really what my Cleric would wear. I feel bad about selling it though, even if I am not gonna use it. It's like a prize you win or a souvenir, you keep it even if it's mostly worthless. I think that is why they don't want us to sell them, it's like a freebie from the company for the players, no real value other than the fact that it's unique to this event.
    What they could have done though is stop giving you the weapon after you got if for the first time (second for Rogues) and give you a second Enchant or give you a higher chance of getting the ghostly Paladin or give you a chance to get AD because every weapon after the first or second is a waste.
    On the other hand, I have seen players saying that they want more weapon because if they change their weapon in the future, they can change it's appearance.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2013
    I'm amazed that you guys can do the same fight over and over and over again ONE HUNDRED TIMES in a few days !
    To each one their own I guess...

As for me, I did it once, arrived into a group I didn't know, followed everyone running everywhere without knowing what was happening, levelled pretty much everything on sight (except for the boss who ouched me at first) and grabbed the meager rewards I had no use for but sold for a few AD at the AH.
    I keep it as a rather pleasant souvenir of some disorganised yet joyful free for all mayhem of destruction. It was fun. But certainly not fun enough to do it one hundred times. Not event two, actually. But that's just me. ^^
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm amazed that you guys can do the same fight over and over and over again ONE HUNDRED TIMES in a few days !
    To each one their own I guess...

As for me, I did it once, arrived into a group I didn't know, followed everyone running everywhere without knowing what was happening, levelled pretty much everything on sight (except for the boss who ouched me at first) and grabbed the meager rewards I had no use for but sold for a few AD at the AH.
    I keep it as a rather pleasant souvenir of some disorganised yet joyful free for all mayhem of destruction. It was fun. But certainly not fun enough to do it one hundred times. Not event two, actually. But that's just me. ^^

I tend to consider myself a completionist. As a result, I didn't really have a problem with running it numerous times this past weekend. I ended up with a Tiefling weapon skin for my CW, DC, and GWF, 3 companions, and more enchants & dye kits than I can count. I liked the lack of waiting and the short duration of each run - I could get in a run or 2, take a break and grab a snack or do some cleaning, then go right back in, without having to invest a lot of time. Being able to do some runs while a skirmish event was up was just icing on the cake.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    traznix wrote: »
    As suggested by the pleople in charge of the game, I am starting this thread to discuss about the Call to Arms skirmish event that we will have for the next few days. The questions adressed to us are the following :
    - How often will you run these Call to Arms skirmish?
    - Do you want one or all of the rewards?

They want to hear what we have to say, so let's make ourselves heard.

Best Regards,
    Yggdrasil

Sticking to the original questions;

I would like them to be offered monthly. I think that would be a very nice frequency. (I would like them to be 1 week long; patch day to patch day)

I definitely want all the rewards, some more than others:
    I like having companion options, even though I will always use my stone in group questing.
    The weapon skins are hit or miss by class/style. (I love the orb on my secondary CW)
    Dyes are always welcome. I tend to change looks a lot.
    Free unique enchantments? Yes, please.

CTA events are one of my favorite things to do. You can que with friends or go it alone. They are quick and give casual players a chance to experience/practice group-play tactics without a great deal of stress. (good dungeon prep) I like to try different skill loadouts/tactics without having a huge impact on my team-mates. For me, they are the best addition to the game since beta 1.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    After T2 was made pointless I had nothing to do but farm cn and mc. It was fun to do skirmish but now it's gone. Cryptic put more than two dungeons for people at end game bye.
  • Options
    vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    About 25-30 runs

Lots of dyes
    About 4-5 Rank 5 Cruels after fusing @ sold for ~10k (Lot of people ignored Rank1 so prob got most of them)
    2 Teifling transmute symbols
    No companions, would have been a nice upgrade from current blue skeletal dog from Valindra event. Saving for augment.

Best experience was carrying whole party as l60 DC attracting all the agro. CW was l25 but rest high level, lots of rescues, best AOE via divine DL and taking down Fiend with Punishing Light which was a first. (suspect few knew about standing in Astral Shield despite my prompts)
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • Options
    silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really enjoyed this CTA, though I was afraid to take my lower leveled toons in, as well as my brothers GF (he's in the process of moving). During the last CTA, even though we were on our 60's, we were booted from parties right after accepting. With the inexperience of my low toons, it wasn't worth the risk/trouble. I did do well with my TR's (I have 2), and even took my lvl 54 CW in 3 times. No goodies on my CW, except a few dyes and enchants. Between the 2 TR's, got lots of enchants, Over 80 dye packs, 5 companions (at least one goes to my brother), and 8 weapon skins...2 on one TR, 6 on the other. I like that I can end up in groups of various levels, though I did have to quit once. Everyone bugged out except me and a lvl 16. We tried so hard, but just couldn't do it. I felt bad.
    The queue times were fast when in a group, but took about 10-20 minutes as a single. I doubled my chances by getting in the queue, then also advertised LFG. I'm still a newbie, but I'm slowly figuring things out and really enjoying the game :)
  • Options
    dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not a professional MMO guy, got pulled into this by my brother-in-law's brother-in-law (BIL^2). I ran the event with my freshly lvl 60 Guardian Fighter (GS=10K) about 24 times over the 4 days.

I don't know how they calculate what you get, but I was always at the top for damage rec'd (like a tank should, I reckon) and middle for damage dealt. After dispatching the boss, I only ever got cruel enchants (L3, mostly), silver, and dye packs. I didn't realize that there was anything better ever offered.

Just my 2 cents.
    Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

• Options
    amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately it was open mainly on the days when I am unable to play. I think this is the second time this has happened. PWE seems to favor running these events for only a short time and centered on the Fri/Sat area. This leaves me out. I was able to slide in a single run, but enjoyed it anyway. I'd rather see them reduce the quantity of drops (I got way too many on my one run IMO) and lengthen the event to include those who can't play on Fri/Sat.
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
    http://loyaltodeath.enjin.com