Install Arc
Options

Call to Arms skirmish (Player Feedback)

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Most of those companions didn't even originally a rank 30 ability. Because they couldn't get to that level. When they added the option to upgrade the lesser companions, they added a rank 30 ability for all non-augment companions.

While this is true, calling a companion a controller or leader class when it actually doesn't have those features unless upgraded is misleading.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Most of those companions didn't even originally a rank 30 ability. Because they couldn't get to that level. When they added the option to upgrade the lesser companions, they added a rank 30 ability for all non-augment companions.

Yes, I know that. That still doesn't change the fact that the Tomb Spider when it originally came out was a control companion that lacked any control powers. Same with the Acolyte of Kelemvor being a leader which lacked a direct heal.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Yes, I know that. That still doesn't change the fact that the Tomb Spider when it originally came out was a control companion that lacked any control powers. Same with the Acolyte of Kelemvor being a leader which lacked a direct heal.

True. I never understood why they bothered to label any of the companions as control anyway. They don't, and probably never will, have the AI needed to use control abilities wisely.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The pet is a let down, it's labelled as a healer but has no healing ability before lvl 30, and lvl 30 is locked behind a paywall. And i don't intend to spend 1.5M ADs (which is ~40 euros) on a pet.
  • Options
    lurksnomorelurksnomore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As a brand spanking new level 30 CW, I've had fun with the skirmishes so far. Yes, I'm sure it will become repetitive after a while, but there's still the thrill of the new for me at least. :)
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its a great skirmish, well done overall. I especially like it that also lowbies can team up with you.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Spent about 2 hours running it..

Ran it with a group of players I Know, all well geared.. so yea crushed it crazy fast first run. 4min maybe tops.. Boss died in I think 6 seconds - adds never even spawned.

Later runs were mainly with just 1 friend and 3 ppl id grab randomly from /lfg chat. Still all quite fast in the 4-6 min range.. So got like 20ish runs in 2 hours.

Also ran it again later on my lvl41 GWF. Grp was cpl other lvl40ish, a 59 gf and a 60 gwf. With the dmg boosting, it was still incredibly easy. Scored 2nd place in dmg, just a fraction behind the actual 60 gwf...

Net results:
    -1 axe - I transmuted it onto my fomorian sword as I like axes.. It looks ok, but it's a bit small. Not sure i'll keep it long.
    -2 rank 5 cruel enchants, few rank 4s and a splattering of lower ranks.
    -20 dyes - Nice you get one every run. last CTA it was just a chance ? or was it every run too, can't remember.
    - very little else. Previous CTA you'd get a decent amount of coin too, as there was 3 fast chests, and you got 5x the coin.. They actually went out of there way and deleted the 1 chest in this skirmish for some reason, and nerfed the coin drop. Odd, especially given the insane gold rate you get in say sharundar.

Thoughts:
    For high geared character: Rather boring given how easy it is. And with not even a rare chance at some good item, quickly becomes mundane.

Suggestion:
    Difficulty settings. Give us a very challenge epic mode with a chance at epic rewards.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I did this CTA 10 time this evening and, over all, its was pretty fun. Got a Ghost Companion, the dyes and a lot of Enchantments, but I just wanted the weapon really and so far I wasn't lucky enough to get it. The companion seems pretty much useless, but I thinking about keeping him just for laughs.
    I was left with a question, however. How many more shades of brown and gray can they come up with for these dye packs? :D
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I got several CW weapon skins and the GF axe (one more axe, why? I want a spear!). No companion so far, and that's precisely what i want. ~~'
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . I love the Call to Arms and rewards. I'll be running it as much as I can over the weekend. I just wish it lasted longer than a few days. I'd like to get at least two or three ghosts and a few of the weapons. Mostly, I just want the ghost for I love collecting and leveling up companions.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Also ran it again later on my lvl41 GWF. Grp was cpl other lvl40ish, a 59 gf and a 60 gwf. With the dmg boosting, it was still incredibly easy. Scored 2nd place in dmg, just a fraction behind the actual 60 gwf...

-1 axe - I transmuted it onto my fomorian sword as I like axes.. It looks ok, but it's a bit small. Not sure i'll keep it long.

-20 dyes - Nice you get one every run. last CTA it was just a chance ? or was it every run too, can't remember.

Damage scaling on the previous CTA event put a TR I was levelling, around 26 at the time, 1st or 2nd in damage even when grouped with all 60s. Makes the ranking a bit odd.

Axer likes axes? Shocking!

Last CTA, you got a dye every run, or nearly. I can't remember what was removed from the end chest if you got the companion or weapon skin. I *think* you still got an enchant but no dye.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    rash43rash43 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Lmao, the game DCed due an error in the char transfer to The skirm. GJ PWE
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    rash43 wrote: »
    Lmao, the game DCed due an error in the char transfer to The skirm. GJ PWE
    . . . . . Yeah, they did do a good job and I'm not being sarcastic. I am sorry you had a bad connection though, no need to blame PWE for something probably out of their hands. I ran it 5 times in a row, no problems. Haven't been DC'd for weeks.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Yeah, they did do a good job and I'm not being sarcastic. I am sorry you had a bad connection though, no need to blame PWE for something probably out of their hands. I ran it 5 times in a row, no problems. Haven't been DC'd for weeks.

A good job imo would be not FORCING us to use the terrible queue system.

the only good in it is the fact they fixed the severely broken queuing with full groups, so you can at least get in fast if you put in the work to get into a full grp.

Later when i was just leveling my gwf, i sat in the dumb queue for some 40minutes. Meanwhile im sure thousands of players ran the event in taht time.

It's terribly broke and horrible, even hinting at a vague notion of otherwise is complete nonsense.

No one enjoys waiting around for an inordinate amount of time while you KNOW there are players wanting to run something.

The system never worked well and it still doesn't. They really need to finally accept it and offer alternatives. Like i dunno, how about your old school basic freakin map point/entrance that you can just go to.

And his issue is not out of their hands. If they offered standard alternatives like regular grouping and regular entrance, he would not be forced into a queue and thus once DC'd, his party could simply wait for him to return. The queue system automatically kicks players for no reason when that happens.

They did it right with the midsummer event, theres no reason they can't do it right for this one.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    poinettepoinette Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm going to run them to give all my toons the new weapon styles being as the transmute is free. I've already got one new companion and one new weapon. Gonna be a busy weekend. :)
  • Options
    rash43rash43 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »

Goodness. If really crash due loading a map is a good job to you, I really don't wanna know what'd be the bad one.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The queue system isnt broke. There is just a HUGE lack of GF's joining in. The system wont fill a group until it can get a Guardian and a Cleric. I queued up as my Wizard and had to wait 15 to 20 minutes. But If I queued up as my Guardian, instant pop each and every time.

Even my Cleric had to wait 5 to 10 minutes. So there are obviously far more of them waiting in line then Guardians.

I really am not all that good at my Guardian, id much rather play my Wizard. But as a public service to everyone in line I plan to run my Guardian as much as I have time for this weekend. So if anyone in Beholder sees my terrible Guardian in the group. Show a little pitty, im doing it for you all :D
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    SO far I've really enjoyed the skirmish. The only thing that I didn't like is that that dye is basically a devoted cleric kit - I like how the Orc Assault kit had at least a splash of red in it - maybe a brilliant blue or yellow would have been nice...

Personally, I like that you can get in 1 or 2 runs in only a few minutes - makes it a great way to kill some time without the lengthy commitment of a dungeon.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    commanderkahlaincommanderkahlain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dye pack question: Isn't the Helmite dye pack nearly identical to the GF one?
    Looks so to my blind, old, dwarf eyes!
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dye pack question: Isn't the Helmite dye pack nearly identical to the GF one?
    Looks so to my blind, old, dwarf eyes!

Close, but the Cleric pack is White primary, black secondary, gold accents. This one looks to be white primary, beige secondary, gold accents.

Really just one color changed, but its still slightly different.
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Got home from closing shift at work and ran the skirmish 4x in just over an hour before the maint. begain. I never had to wait more than a minute for the queue. Hopefully the queue will not slow down too much playing tomorrow afternoon...but the text might well be in German! Noticed some lag in the first run-thru, but nothing too serious; like playing in slow-motion at times. My DC of Sune is now in Helm's colors and looks more like a "good guy" than ever...aside from a number of Lv. 3-4 Cruels, nothing else spectacular...yet! Considering how many times I died trying to get a group thru 1 bloody Many-arrows skirmish, this has been a very successful run so far.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I really am not all that good at my Guardian, id much rather play my Wizard. But as a public service to everyone in line I plan to run my Guardian as much as I have time for this weekend. So if anyone in Beholder sees my terrible Guardian in the group. Show a little pitty, im doing it for you all :D

It's entirely possible I'll be providing the same service for Mindflayer. Have mercy, for I am new to the GF class!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    RNG is against me this time lol 30 run no tiefling items or companions at all lol i have dyes coming out my ears and a ton of rank 3 and 4 cruels. lucky im a GF so my Queues are almost instant.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's the nice thing about having a GF alright, fast access to the event.

I got the GF weapon in my first run on my best GF, but I've had no luck on any of the other rare drops. It's too bad the weapon is bound as I'd happily give it away as I don't like the look of it.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    I wish the axe (both the Savage and the Tiefling) were a bit bigger and I'd love them.

They feel more like hatchets to me though. I want a Battleaxe. :p
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Maybe they'd be good for halfling characters. Sometimes the weapons seem overly large for them.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i wont a great sword for my DC :D can be nice to heal while swing the sword in the air xD
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Heh, maybe a barbarian/DC combo class would have one of those. I managed to luck into one of the rods during the Tymora event, and that makes for a nice, compact weapon compared to most of the cleric ones, but it wouldn't have the... impact... you're looking for.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    atm i have the chakram of xena o.0 but i can trow it to the enemy xD
  • Options
    hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It is a bit easy for a decently geared group of level 60's but it's great to have some sort of event to do every now and again and I am hoping to pile up a fair amount of the Cruel Enchantments which will be very useful for both my Cleric and GF.

I agree 100 w/ this. I am just happy to have an event running and game active. The Cruel Enchant is very interesting I will hoard as many as possible and resell when the time is right ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~