test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Call to Arms skirmish (Player Feedback)

traznixtraznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As suggested by the pleople in charge of the game, I am starting this thread to discuss about the Call to Arms skirmish event that we will have for the next few days. The questions adressed to us are the following :
- How often will you run these Call to Arms skirmish?
- Do you want one or all of the rewards?

They want to hear what we have to say, so let's make ourselves heard.

Best Regards,
Yggdrasil
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by traznix on

Comments

• samuraim0samuraim0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 87
    edited October 2013
    Servers are still down so don't have yet a opinion on the skirmish but depending on how profitable/entertaining it is I shall decide than.
  • kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love this I just wish it happened more frequently. I do love savage enchants.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'll most likely be running it a fair bit for awhile, as the one I play with most wants some of the weapons from it. I have no interest in the weapons myself, so if nothing else is on offer I likely won't play it much just for the sake of the rewards.

Edit: Hmmm... I see they are also offering a Helmite Ghost Paladin, and Cruel Enhancements... whatever those give. It will be more enticing to me than I thought.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Considering all the nerfs and soft-caps, is it really worth it to get some stuff that increases gear score? I guess getting new companions that dont really do much even after paying 1m AD to get them 30 is kinda fun, but in the end, we wont gain much.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This was the one skirmish I missed out on, on one of my characters. My main, of all things. So I for one am giddy as a schoolgirl that I can finally finish off that accolade ;)

The weapons dont much interest me. But i LOVE that they made transmuting them completely free now.
    The new dye pack is all whites and golds, its looks really spiffy and should be popular. I plan to hoard a ton of them as I can easily find uses for them.
    Ive yet to make up my mind on the cruel enchantments. They look like they might have potential.
    Not lucked out on the pet yet. but a smelly old ghost isn't really my thing.

So far its good fun. The runs have been much better then the last CTA. Lack of chests for folks race to open, at the expense of the party. Has lead to more professional group behavior.

All in all i'm having a blast. Looking forward to skirmish event time kicking in to sweeten the pot :D
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ran 2, got 2 lvl3 cruel enchants + 2 dyes that similar to Devoted Cleric's dyes.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited October 2013
    This is WAY to easy for lvl 60's with a higher GS. So I guess it's meant for players who can't join for epics.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    I'm loving it. Got nothing but Cruel Enchantments and Dye Packs thus far but a guild member got the ghost. Seems like a decent companion if for nothing else but it's appearance. Throw it in an idle slot and bring it out every once in a while.

The dyes look good, although a bit similar to the Devote Cleric Dye Pack, and I'm looking forward to getting some of the Tiefling Weapons which look epic.

It is a bit easy for a decently geared group of level 60's but it's great to have some sort of event to do every now and again and I am hoping to pile up a fair amount of the Cruel Enchantments which will be very useful for both my Cleric and GF.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would love to farm this all day for 4 days, because I really want the companion. However, I have been forced to BUY the companion from Valindra's invasion and CTA Orcs because the RNG is so hateful towards me. I may do it a few times with my DC or GF in order to get in quick.

Cruel enchants are nice
    Dyes are so drab and missing description
    Weapon skins may be ok if they are not BOP that will help
    Pet...well I want the pet, but as I stated above, RNG's hate me
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just like the last Call to Arms, I will run this quite often. I am sort of an "achievement *****" as well. So, I can go back and do the skirmishes that I missed to get credit.

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ran it a few times so far. Having fun with it. This is one I never actually got to run while leveling. Planning to run it quite a bit on several of my characters. Looking forward to getting (or trying to at least) the weapons and the companion.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Would be missing this event as I'm travelling :(... what's the name of the dye pack??? looks like I'll need to buy that and the companion from the auction house.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Helmite Dye Pack. Buy at the end of the event when prices come down.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Helmite Dye Pack. Buy at the end of the event when prices come down.

Thanks becky... will keep an eye out for good bargains in a day or two when it hopefully floods the AH!!
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Very easy, didn't use a potion once and agro everything I could around me. Clearly better suited for chars <level 60.

Loot is very disapointing, compared to previous call to arms event when at least you could get 3 chests... This one has only one. I got the same contents 4 times; (rank3 savage enchant, dye)...

Refreshing to see a few more stuff to fight, but it is very short (<10mn) and no innovation. End boss is too easy, so are adds...

Not worth the time, unfortunately.
  • indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited October 2013
    Weapon transmute items need to be BoE. I've gotten 2 orbs so far, can't give either to guildmates that want them or auction them.
    edited October 2013
    indolo238 wrote: »
    Weapon transmute items need to be BoE. I've gotten 2 orbs so far, can't give either to guildmates that want them or auction them.

I agree. You could work around this when you could use the skin to transmute an unbound item, but that isn't an option now.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    Loot is very disapointing, compared to previous call to arms event when at least you could get 3 chests... This one has only one. I got the same contents 4 times; (rank3 savage enchant, dye)...

I thought I had a bad luck. Guess it's working as intended.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was a bit disappointed that it was crewl enchantments rather tahan savage as I was kinda hoping savage enchantments were the C2A standard,
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was a bit disappointed that it was crewl enchantments rather tahan savage as I was kinda hoping savage enchantments were the C2A standard,

Personally, I like that another enchantment is added into the mix of enchantments to use for special events.
  • ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited October 2013
    Unlike the Midsummer's Festival, these skirmish runs are short and immensely repetitive. Hardcore players will probably spam-run the skirmish over and over again while the rest gets sick of it after a while. Don't get me wrong though, it really is fun to have something exciting like this coming up, but this time round, apart from some cruel enchantments which I do not even need, the transmutations not suiting my character's image, and a companion I don't really fancy, I really don't see anything to be excited about. I did 6 runs so far, within 2 hours since it started.

*How about adding something else to the pool of treasures that players may get? Wards and diamonds maybe?
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are the transmutation weapons BoP by error as is the owlbear mount ?
    Will they (the weapons) be made BoE at a later date?
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vattara wrote: »
    The savage weapon skins were BOP, so I don't imagine these are a mistake.

Also, people are just assuming the owlbear is supposed to be BOE...it needs to be regardless
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013

I actually like these enchantments better but I am a bit biased.
    These fit my main two classes, Guardian Fighter and Cleric, much better than the savage enchantments just like Savage Enchantments fit Rogues and GWF's. :)

vattara wrote: »

The Call to Arms Weapons are and always have been BoP.
    You must participate in the even in order to obtain the items.

xelliz wrote: »
    Also, people are just assuming the owlbear is supposed to be BOE...it needs to be regardless

This is a confirmed bug. A fix is in the works to make all existing and future Owlbears BoE.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    The savage weapon skins were BOP, so I don't imagine these are a mistake.

Not assuming. Devs already said it was a mistake.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2013
    I rather like the Call to Arms event. It's one of the few things level 60s can do with lower level characters and both get rewards.

The Ghost companion is actually very strong - as far as not-passive companions go, probably the best of them. It's great for CC, and if it gets killed while inhabiting a mob's body that it's CCing (and dealing damage with), it just pops out and goes to take over another mob.

As the extra GS from a stone or cat is largely superfluous once you have BiS gear and r7 or better enchants, I'm strongly considering using one of these on my Wizard instead of his stone now.
    edited October 2013
    Helmite Ghost Paladin doesn't behave like the Ghost girl, and is basically a melee companion. They're calling it a Leader because it can get an ability like Astral Seal, but only if you upgrade it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited October 2013
    Helmite Ghost Paladin doesn't behave like the Ghost girl, and is basically a melee companion. They're calling it a Leader because it can get an ability like Astral Seal, but only if you upgrade it.

There are some other companions like that. Where they don't gain the ability to control or heal until rank 30. It is not a trend I like.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2013

Oh... well then nevermind, it's a POS. Stick with your Stone.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    There are some other companions like that. Where they don't gain the ability to control or heal until rank 30. It is not a trend I like.

Most of those companions didn't even originally a rank 30 ability. Because they couldn't get to that level. When they added the option to upgrade the lesser companions, they added a rank 30 ability for all non-augment companions.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR