What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Call to Arms skirmish (Player Feedback)

Comments

• Options
    carkorakcarkorak Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    so far I have done the event about 30 times and gotten quite a lot of dyes, which don't tell me what colour they are, and 5 or 6 orbs for my CW, which are all BOP, I have also gotten 2 or 3 rank 5 enchants but so far no pet, which is what I really want. I will be gravely disappointed If I do this event the whole weekend and end up with no pet when other people I have grouped with have done the event for several hours like myself and have 3 or 4 pets. other then that, so far it is a fun quick event
    My Current Projects

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?483971-The-Minotaur-War-NW-DUUY8MZZ7

Item Farm:NW-DU5W8YQA8
    Prologue:NW-DUUY8MZZ7
    Chapter 1:NW-DN3TPGR4Q
    Chapter 2:NW-DDLCTYT8Q
  • Options
    blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the CTA concept because it's a nice break from the daily grind. It's also nice to run the skirmishes that I missed while leveling. I like the possibility of getting a companion drop and transmutation weapons. I like a new free dye pack and a new enchantment.

But, after running it many times today, I have to say that picking flowers and herding chickens felt more fun in the Midsummer Festival. Why? maybe because there were more loot to choose from. Maybe there was a larger community aspect to it. Maybe it was because of some of the silliness that was put into it. Quite possibly all three are reasons why I feel like CTA doesn't feel as impressive this time around than the first time.

I think CTA should become a permanent part of the game in its current form. That way there is more variety during the skirmish events. Meaning, when you release a CTA, leave it in :) Save the "special" enchantments for events like the Tymora Gift box and the Midsummer festival. Or have them drop in the "launch" of the new CTA like you're doing now, but after the launch event is over, then the special enchantments stop dropping and regular enchantments drop.

I really like that different level players can play on the same team in these skirmishes and if CTA becomes a permanent aspect of the game, I hope that this feature will continue.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think if the CTAs were added as ongoing features of the game they would lose their appeal. A lot of what makes them enjoyable is that they are a break from the norm. If they were available all the time they would just become another part of the norm.

I feel it is better to leave the CTAs as they are.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can someone please post visuals on GF transmutes? Few guys wrote that there are only axes for GF's to get from the CTA chest.
    Not thrilled about it as I would prefer to get something more swordish:).

Thanks!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    I think if the CTAs were added as ongoing features of the game they would lose their appeal. A lot of what makes them enjoyable is that they are a break from the norm. If they were available all the time they would just become another part of the norm.

I feel it is better to leave the CTAs as they are.

I agree and I am sure that's why Cryptic choice to release them as events such as this.

Although I can understand a request to throw in some curveballs.
    I guess part of the problem is that it does get a bit like a grind. Perhaps having future CTA's offer a bit of a change from the standard skirmishes would be cool either as a fixed feature or maybe a random chance of occurring.

Then again, IMO, one of the aspects of the game I wish would change is the static-ness. I think most every aspect of the game could be benefitted by a randomness which was above and beyond loot in order to switch things up. I like to see things vary even if it's simply in the number or specific types of mobs which arrive.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We once have been matchmaked with cleric lvl 26, it was such an interesting run as he was healing us for 100 hp per second. I wasted so many pots lol
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited October 2013
    CTA is nice as an event for the special drops, so I don't think it should be around all the time.

I do think we should have epic versions of the skirmishes for level 60 characters that cover the missed achievements due to outleveling and maybe offer some nice things for max level characters, including simple things like special pots or injury kits.
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    made my 1st CTA last night, a party of 5 lvl 60 TR's lol (never had that before), it was very fun and fast! got a weapon cover from the 1st time and dye from the second. from the time i spent to get them i can say its a fun and rewarding event.

on the other hand i think permanent CTA could take all the glow from the event. they can do it more often tho :)
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I am disappointed by the Cleric weapon - it looks so much worse than those of the other classes. The dye itself looks very much like the Guardian Fighter dye, just the dark parts are lighter and the overall look is shinier. That is a bit disappointing because it should have a more distinct look for my taste. At first when I tried it over the Guardian Fighter's dyed armor I thought i was bugged, only after a closer look I saw that it actually changed the look.

And the companion: Please bring some more controller/healer stuff. The game has already enough melee pets. Celadaine also just brought another striker - again. The Armored Orc Wolf from last CTA was also just another striker. Please some more variaty on pets. How about some archers or any other longrange pet? Even only some fluff and fun pets would be appreciated. Similar to the one ability of the Leprechaun pet, that increases gold find. Maybe one pet that only has some minor buffs (even silly ones) would be something new.

But overall it is a nice and fast skirmish (you can run it in 10 minutes). I miss the chests though (like in the last CTA) to get some extra loot. Also they should consider special CTA titles for beating it (maybe there is one?) - like running it 100 times, 500 times...
  • Options
    setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    https://www.dropbox.com/sc/8j7r0t20yamclht/mhR7mkWf8v

Not sure about others, but the one on the far right is for Trickster Rogue.*

Out of 5 runs I've gotten 2x Rank 4 Enchantments, 1x Ghost Companion, 1x TR Transmutable Weapon and 5 Dye Packs.

This is a Tiefling TR with Skulker's set dyed to the dye from the event.

*Edited: Thank you [URL=dhttp://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?499301-Call-to-Arms-skirmish-(Player-Feedback)&p=6202621&viewfull=1#post6202621]dardove[/URL] for the correction.
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    setherio wrote: »
    https://www.dropbox.com/sc/8j7r0t20yamclht/mhR7mkWf8v

Not sure about others, but middle one is TR.[/URL]

Actually, the one on the right is the TR weapon. From left to right GWF, DC, GF, CW, TR.
  • Options
    sigregsigreg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited October 2013
    I like this event, specialy when at first run i got already Ghost companion. Game was quite interresting because i have been playing my fresh lvl11 GWF with... 4 x lvl 60, system throwed me in such party. I have been sure i will be more often dead than alive, but that didnt happend, so i suspect mobs have their attacks scaled to lvl of toon instead average lvl of whole party.

Edit:
    Forgot to ask, if i transmute my "newbie" sword now, can i "untransmute it" later to transmute next sword when i level up ?
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Update 46 runs no companion or weapon 37 rank 2 cruels 5 rank 4 cruels 2 rank 5 cruels and 46 dyes WTH lol come on luck at least a wepon or companion would be nice but jeez
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sigreg wrote: »
    Edit:
    Forgot to ask, if i transmute my "newbie" sword now, can i "untransmute it" later to transmute next sword when i level up ?

There is no untransmuting. If you transmute the look of a weapon, you can then use the new weapon you have to transmute that look to another weapon. It will however cost you AD to do so.
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    actually all transmutes from events are free i believe it was in the patch notes so even if it's bind on pickup you can transmute a lower lvl weapon and trade it or sell it
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Actually, the one on the right is the TR weapon. From left to right GWF, DC, GF, CW, TR.

Thanks for that. Looks like I will stick to my sword. This axe doesn't really look that nice.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    actually all transmutes from events are free i believe it was in the patch notes so even if it's bind on pickup you can transmute a lower lvl weapon and trade it or sell it

Yes, using the actual transmute item is free, but once you use it to transmute the weapon is gone and any future transmutes will cost AD because the item you transmuted it to is not flagged as a free transmute item.

Also, they changed how transmuting worked during the summer festival. If you transmute the look of BoP item to another item, that second item becomes BoP if it isn't already. So you can no longer use a workaround to sell the looks of BoP items.
  • Options
    edheadedhead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I actually like these enchantments better but I am a bit biased.
    These fit my main two classes, Guardian Fighter and Cleric, much better than the savage enchantments just like Savage Enchantments fit Rogues and GWF's. :)

The Call to Arms Weapons are and always have been BoP.
    You must participate in the even in order to obtain the items.

This is a confirmed bug. A fix is in the works to make all existing and future Owlbears BoE.

untrue...i transmuted the savage weapons and mailed mine to alts...they did fix it tho..........
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I prefer the same "coin reward system" from Midsummer, then I can get what I want for any of my characters.
  • Options
    aramuraramur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the CTA, personally. I felt bad missing the first one, but this one is neat and curbs that feeling of missing out. I have only 2 problems with this, 1 minor and 1 (in my opinion) major. The minor problem is that I hoped the gold from the Helmite Dye would be on the secondary so that I could dye the sash and flower on my Sunite Garb gold to better match the pants. I'll just have to find an individual gold dye to fix this.

My major problem is that this CTA (or its system) is rather unfair to the Clerics who prefer to focus on healing as opposed to damage and control. Damage is scaled, which is cool. Control behaves as it usually does, also cool. Healing does NOT scale, which really hurts the lower level clerics who happen to queue or LFG with 50-60s since their healing will not keep up with the scaled HP loss the others will be taking. As such, they are basically pigeonholed into straight damage and control while the others rely strictly on potions and healing companions. Since damage dealt and received is scaled based on level, why not give similar treatment for healing while in a CTA instance? Have the healing granted be based on the recipient's level or maximum HP or -something- to alleviate that issue?
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the great feedback and suggestions, everyone!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    aramur wrote: »
    My major problem is that this CTA (or its system) is rather unfair to the Clerics who prefer to focus on healing as opposed to damage and control. Damage is scaled, which is cool. Control behaves as it usually does, also cool. Healing does NOT scale, which really hurts the lower level clerics who happen to queue or LFG with 50-60s since their healing will not keep up with the scaled HP loss the others will be taking. As such, they are basically pigeonholed into straight damage and control while the others rely strictly on potions and healing companions. Since damage dealt and received is scaled based on level, why not give similar treatment for healing while in a CTA instance? Have the healing granted be based on the recipient's level or maximum HP or -something- to alleviate that issue?

I dont think the problem is the scaling. It simply how the skill system works. All the scaling in the wold wont give a lower level Cleric access to higher level powers. And a Cleric without Astral Shield or Forgemasters is simply lacking needed tools.

Its not the players fault. I just know that when I see a Cleric under level 30 the only heals she is going to have available are Astral Seal, Sunburst, and Healing word. And I cant recall, ever being hit with a healing word during a CTA run. Id like to assume they are trying, but in the chaos and rush of "getting it done" all while being swarmed by imps. It takes a skill set, to land a word properly, that new clerics just haven't mastered yet.

And scaling isn't going to fix that.

Still, id rather have them in the group then not have them. Its a good experience for them, and I wont begrudge anyone for simply joining the queue to play like anyone else. They have as much right to be there as the 60's. It just helps if the rest of the group also understands this. Things can get a bit stupid if you end up grouped with a low level Cleric and a gung-ho TR, GWF, or what have you. That thinks they can rush in and solo the place.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The cruel enchants can be pretty nice I think, the offense slot bonus is trash but I think the defense slot could be BiS for Cleric. Not to mention the chest drops R5's sometimes =)
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    carkorak wrote: »
    so far I have done the event about 30 times and gotten quite a lot of dyes, which don't tell me what colour they are, and 5 or 6 orbs for my CW, which are all BOP, I have also gotten 2 or 3 rank 5 enchants but so far no pet, which is what I really want. I will be gravely disappointed If I do this event the whole weekend and end up with no pet when other people I have grouped with have done the event for several hours like myself and have 3 or 4 pets. other then that, so far it is a fun quick event

This is exactly my issue. I completely understand random is random, but I farmed my *** off for both Valindra and CTA Orcs and got nothing, yet people were selling multiple pets on AH. RNG can suck it, I hate it.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    RNG just hates some people, I know I'm one of them, so I don't play with it. If I want something, I'll only get it with a sure method, like buying it. No more RNG for me XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Aaauugh..they are moving me this weekend. Hopefully some time Sunday! Or late Sat. I was gonna try a skirmish for the first time. How low does a lvl 60 GWF wait in que? I have a lvl 10 GF but have hardly used him and stuff is bond??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Only the weapons skins come bound. All the other rewards are unbound until used.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dye pack question: Isn't the Helmite dye pack nearly identical to the GF one?
    Looks so to my blind, old, dwarf eyes!

It feels closer to DC, but the three are annoyingly similar. Follow the link ( http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dye#Samples_of_the_Multi_Color_Packs ) if you want to see a set of comparison shots of all the dye packs using the same item.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Call to Arms is great, makes a nice change to have sonthing new to do, lol

Only fault i have is the Transmog weapons, obviously they can not be used as actual weapons and are only in the game purely for cosmetic transmog use, But why dont they stack in your bank ??? i collected a few to save for future new weapons and have run out of space.
    Items like these should be stackable even to only stacks of 10 would be a nice idea.

Plus why more mounts in game when you can only have one 'active' we have not even got any 'idle' slots for mounts like companions have. It is very much needed in game, Why would people buy more mounts if they have no were to put them ???
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's been fun. It's fast paced and quick which is a plus. The queue times are almost non-existent. My only concern is lumping the low leveled players with the higher levels. I'll explain why. For starters they die too frequently. If you get a low level DC in your group you're forced to accept the fact that they aren't going to be doing any substantial healing.
    I don't mind having them on my team because I try to stay aware of where they are and how they're doing. I'm just wondering if it's frustrating for them to get walloped on because they're with 60's.