test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rogues

kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
now that stealth mode is dead- lets fix the impact shot <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
pvp.jpg 19.7K
Post edited by kelleton on

Comments

• Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kelleton wrote: »
    now that stealth mode is dead- lets fix the impact shot <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

Another QQ thread wanting TRs nerfed? LOL
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    if you notice im the TR - im saying TRs are overpowered and im a TR - go figure - I like game balance

if u want I can post about 4-5 more pics with 30+ kills and less than 5 deaths. this isn't balance. impact shot is OP

im also not geared or speced for pvp I am a pve rogue.

oh and please just fix it for pvp - its fine for pve.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    if you notice im the TR - im saying TRs are overpowered and im a TR - go figure - I like game balance

How about challenging yourself then? Take Impact Shot off your bar if you think it's that OP.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    How about challenging yourself then? Take Impact Shot off your bar if you think it's that OP.

right...that makes the game balanced right? lol
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Not the rest of the TR community's fault you fight players who are under geared or do not know how to play. What gear you have? Pics please that show your enchantments and gear. Every class can be considered op when it is geared/specced correctly and played by a skilled player. Every class also has powers that have unique aspects that can be considered to be op by some.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    right...that makes the game balanced right? lol

For those playing against you, yeah. Or just pull the vorpal out of your weap. Impact Shot doesn't do dreck without a nice vorpal behind it.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is just bull****, impactshot deal alot of dmg, but a good cw with vorpal iceknife you for 30k and he can stand on the moon doing it. Think that is balanced?
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Swashbuckling 4pc BiS gear + full Ancient + Vorpal + R8 enchants + highest single target damage class against noobies from a post-Feywild playerbase (i.e. drastically lowered income and drastically lowered access to gear).

If you are NOT able to destroy PuG players as a TR with that gear, you would be a horrible player...
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lol impact shots aren't a problem.

On my Tr I do a lot of damage using impact shots (need to check averages)
    On my GWF I get hit for 3-5k impact shots (ooooh scary)

On both toons gear is the reason, no more, no less!

Lets not try and re-invent the wheel, it's clueless people causing pvp to be unbalanced in the first place, as cryptic listens to those who who don't have a clue!

Playing in pugs, is 90% of the time an epeen stroker for those in decent gear wanting to feel special (I know)
    Go challenge your servers top pvp guild to a premade, or if you claim to be in the top guild, come to the ptr, I am sure some of us can show you how you won't end up a big fish in a little pond, but the opposite!
    You will also find the reason why TR's don't need a nerf, in fact, facing quite a few people who know what they are doing and are not scrubs in greens you will end up feeling like TR's need a buff!
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    IMO the only problem with Impact shot is the fact that all of the charges have the interrupt as well.

It would be perfectly fine for only one of them to have the interrupt. What makes it hard to deal with for PuG players is the constant ranged CC with impact shot from a rogue.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is just bull****, impactshot deal alot of dmg, but a good cw with vorpal iceknife you for 30k and he can stand on the moon doing it. Think that is balanced?

IK is a Daily, first of all. And it doesn't have three charges.

As a CW who consistently plays against good premades, a well-geared TR is my worst enemy. That being said, I'd say I'm about 50-50 against your typical LB, ITC, IS Executioner rogue. The trick is.... distance!

1) I see TR go stealth, port away x2
    2) No LB, but he pops ITC as he closes
    3) Port away again, count down as he starts his IS.
    4) Now, I need to get in a Repel in RIGHT after ITC fades (if I'm alive).
    5) Then EF, CoI, and Icy Rays. Finish him off with MM and another Repel if I need.

It's not always that simple, but they're manageable. Perfect Vorpal TRs are the worst, of course. Sometimes two IS and I'm dead. Ideally, I can get in a Repel first, creating even more distance and having his stealth fade sooner.

Perma-Stealth TRs are a different story. Just switch out Steal Time and find them on a point. Not too tough to do.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I did a pug a few days ago with a rogue I didn't know.. He went 42-0.. It was crazy.. Given he didn't die once there is without a doubt an issue with rogues dps in pvp.. The match was very close as well and the other team was a premade. I came 2nd with a record around 20-5

Now the issue is they need to find a way to have different skill parameters for pvp and pve.. Cause for pve I don't think a rougue has OP damage anymore..for pvp absolutely they do
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    I did a pug a few days ago with a rogue I didn't know.. He went 42-0.. It was crazy.. Given he didn't die once there is without a doubt an issue with rogues dps in pvp.. The match was very close as well and the other team was a premade. I came 2nd with a record around 20-5

Now the issue is they need to find a way to have different skill parameters for pvp and pve.. Cause for pve I don't think a rougue has OP damage anymore..for pvp absolutely they do

This is a L2P issue. TRs mainly wreck shop on CWs and clueless DCs. Got a nasty TR in party, here are some hints.

1) Stick with your teammates.
    2) CWs mark them with Icy Rays before they go into stealth to give away their location.
    3) Run with a DC. LBs do jack for damage in an A. Shield.
    4) Keep your distance as a ranged attacker.
    5) Run right next to 1-2 teammates to mess up his targeting.
    6) Learn to dodge or block.
    7) Stay on a point so when it turns red you know a TR is close.

I personally love, love, love fighting TRs in PVP. I find it both a personal challenge and my greatest joy to take out rogues.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    This is a L2P issue. TRs mainly wreck shop on CWs and clueless DCs. Got a nasty TR in party, here are some hints.

1) Stick with your teammates.
    2) CWs mark them with Icy Rays before they go into stealth to give away their location.
    3) Run with a DC. LBs do jack for damage in an A. Shield.
    4) Keep your distance as a ranged attacker.
    5) Run right next to 1-2 teammates to mess up his targeting.
    6) Learn to dodge or block.
    7) Stay on a point so when it turns red you know a TR is close.

I personally love, love, love fighting TRs in PVP. I find it both a personal challenge and my greatest joy to take out rogues.

To an extent.. But lets face it.. In the quite short pvps we have in this game.. No toon should be able to pull a number like that.. It's absurd and as I said if was against a decent premade.. Now against pugs I wonder what sort of scores they could have pulled.. It isn't good for the game.. Think some new lvl 60s coming up against a Tr like that.. And gets repeatably one shot.. Time after time again.. I have no doubt the game has already lost players after they experience something like that.. 42-0 in the current pvp system should not be a possibility.. And shows a combination of skill/gear/build can produce something completely broken..
    I'm sure the devs never intended to have something to that extreme in the game

I have never played another mmo where a well geared character can be easily one shot.. Especially tanker type builds in pvp.. Never seen it before.. And it shouldn't even be a possibility in pvp
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    To an extent.. But lets face it.. In the quite short pvps we have in this game.. No toon should be able to pull a number like that.. It's absurd and as I said if was against a decent premade.. Now against pugs I wonder what sort of scores they could have pulled.. It isn't good for the game.. Think some new lvl 60s coming up against a Tr like that.. And gets repeatably one shot.. Time after time again.. I have no doubt the game has already lost players after they experience something like that.. 42-0 in the current pvp system should not be a possibility.. And shows a combination of skill/gear/build can produce something completely broken..
    I'm sure the devs never intended to have something to that extreme in the game

I have never played another mmo where a well geared character can be easily one shot.. Especially tanker type builds in pvp.. Never seen it before.. And it shouldn't even be a possibility in pvp

Just because you're fighting a premade doesn't make it a good team. We've had premades from good guilds leave matches against us. We've been beaten buy partial premades with good team set-ups and excellent players. He got lucky. I've gone 35-0-XX as a CW. He either got lucky or is a good player (or both). Those scores are not unheard of.

TRs have already been nerfed to the Nine Hells and back. But that guy up against BiS Regen-Sentinel and see how he does. Right now the only PVP imbalance I see is needing to buff DCs. Even Regen-Sents aren't too tough to take down with two strong DPS classes, and a CW can easily control a point against one if the CW knows what he's doing.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    rragle wrote: »
    Lol impact shots aren't a problem.
    Go challenge your servers top pvp guild to a premade, or if you claim to be in the top guild, come to the ptr, I am sure some of us can show you how you won't end up a big fish in a little pond, but the opposite!

this is kind of the point. I have mediocre gear and not anywhere near a top rogue and im not even speced for pvp. These numbers show the problem especially when coming from a rogue is tilted toward the left side of the bell curve...imagine the rogues with good gear.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013

if u want I can post about 4-5 more pics with 30+ kills and less than 5 deaths. this isn't balance. impact shot is OP

im also not geared or speced for pvp I am a pve rogue.

oh and please just fix it for pvp - its fine for pve.

Come fight my sentinel in test shard, bring a friend too. I'm gonna show you how empowered you are in PvP.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

As a CW who consistently plays against good premades, a well-geared TR is my worst enemy. That being said, I'd say I'm about 50-50 against your typical LB, ITC, IS Executioner rogue. The trick is.... distance!

5) Then EF, CoI, and Icy Rays. Finish him off with MM and another Repel if I need.

It's not always that simple, but they're manageable. Perfect Vorpal TRs are the worst, of course. Sometimes two IS and I'm dead. Ideally, I can get in a Repel first, creating even more distance and having his stealth fade sooner.

Perma-Stealth TRs are a different story. Just switch out Steal Time and find them on a point. Not too tough to do.

There's only small issue to this:

People will focus CWs down. Then you cannot dodge effectively a 2xTR, or a TR and a GWF and so on. If the game would be 1 vs 1, it would actually be a bit of an advantage on the CW, since he knows the TR is around and can keep the teleport for a good time.

However, things don't work quite like this...
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    trs are fine. if you fight my gwf i bet you going to make a topic asking for nerf gwf:p
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    trs are fine. if you fight my gwf i bet you going to make a topic asking for nerf gwf:p

I think he just nergasmed on his keyboard when he wrote this. this is the best imput you could add to the conversation?

"hey guys I have a highly geared GWF ZOMG ZOMG"
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All people will end up doing is getting a class nerfed to a point where people don't play them much/or quit, all you then do is affect your own fun.

So yes plz cryptic, listen to the ramblings of this TR and nerf impact shot, I am sure it will attract so many more players to your game and earn you lots of money so you can release even more pvp content lol.

/Thread
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think he just nergasmed on his keyboard when he wrote this.

I'm sorry but i died reading this. Stil laughing.
  • Options
    manducatmanducat Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    .... match making (which is in just about every game that includes pvp on this planet) would fix everything complained about in this thread without side effects.

Either Gear Score or Gear Score + MMR (personal rating, acquired/lost through win/loss).

A slight additional match making rating boost could be added depending on the amount of people in the group who are premade.

This not being already in the game is one of the many reasons this game is best described as open beta but taking payment for it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yes,Yes. They want everyone to believe it is the class and has nothing to do with gear, the skill of the player, or how the class is specced......

Let see still no screenshots showing the "mediocre" gear and enchantments.........

Yes, Yes. They want everyone to believe premades are not a random part of PVP and very few people use BIS gear......

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?489251-How-long-did-it-take-you-to-get-geared-for-CN-MC<-What's your gear score? Poll

hmmm 57.14% of the players who took the poll have a GS 12k-13k+ and if you add the 10k-12k number of players it becomes 93.56%. I know only 63 players took the poll but it is a nice cross section that samples the player base and show the gear scores in the game.

Every class has a nerf thread now and every class has unique abilities that are considered op by some people. Life goes on. *shrug*

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?385721-Which-character-class-do-you-think-is-the-strongest-or-wins-the-most-in-level-60-PvP<- Which character class do you think is the strongest or wins the most in level 60 PvP? Poll......TRs are so OP they are ranked third as strongest/wins the most in level 60 PVP with GWFs first and GFs second. ROFL!!

• Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Smashing brand new pugs in no way displays how a class is OP.

Yesterday for example we seem to have had a large number of new 60's trying out PvP on Mindflayer. Unfortunately for them I was also PvPing and single handedly made an entire team pout and sit in the campfire.

Are TR's OP? Am I the most uber awesome TR ever? ....No and no.....they probably had 5-7k GS going up against a TR with decent skill, G-Vorpal and near 13k GS. ARe some of them going to be whiny turds and post <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the forums of how OP TR's are? Of course.

All these **** QQ threads are generally just because a lower GS player gets owned by someone with excellent gear.

DC's need a buff to there heals, and have Righteousness completely taken away...........All the rest of the class's are fine. Yes, even the Sent GWF's.

I hope they don't listen to any of these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> threads and further screw up this game worse then it already is....

PS....Mines better =) /looks down
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    There's only small issue to this:

People will focus CWs down. Then you cannot dodge effectively a 2xTR, or a TR and a GWF and so on. If the game would be 1 vs 1, it would actually be a bit of an advantage on the CW, since he knows the TR is around and can keep the teleport for a good time.

However, things don't work quite like this...

I have 2v1 under-geared/low-geared TRs. I've also positioned myself where a TR running LB/ITC/IS cannot reach me.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013

I am clearly aware that IK is a daily, however with that fast AP rec u will have your daily way more during a pvp match then a TR would.
    And when SE 1 hit ppl, everyone cries for nerf, so it got nerfed to the ground. But Cw IK is okay?
    Yeah i know gapclosing is a big issue here aswell. Cws have 3 blinks Ts gor 2 rolls. It more or less impossible to get to the cw as a tr if they see eachother at the same time. And if ITC is on cd, haha then the tr is dead before he lands from the entangling. Not crying for any nerf here. Just saying that TR is not OP at all, imo dps-speced cw with vorp and Sent is just way way more OP.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    oh another NERF TR thread from another TR, maybe one of these days you get what you wish for. @_@
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I am clearly aware that IK is a daily, however with that fast AP rec u will have your daily way more during a pvp match then a TR would.
    And when SE 1 hit ppl, everyone cries for nerf, so it got nerfed to the ground. But Cw IK is okay?
    Yeah i know gapclosing is a big issue here aswell. Cws have 3 blinks Ts gor 2 rolls. It more or less impossible to get to the cw as a tr if they see eachother at the same time. And if ITC is on cd, haha then the tr is dead before he lands from the entangling. Not crying for any nerf here. Just saying that TR is not OP at all, imo dps-speced cw with vorp and Sent is just way way more OP.

You not stacking Recovery on your TR is your issue, not mine. IK is Daily and dodge-able. I don't cry nerf at SE. It's already been nerfed and is fine the way it is. Besides, I'd rather hit two people with Oppressive Force than one with Ice Knife. Much more lethal if played correctly.

Gap closing really is the issue here. TRs have a little ability called stealth. If you play it right, CWs don't know you're coming toward them. If you don't play it right and ITC fades before you get in range, then you may lose.

All classes (except DC, perhaps) is OP if speced right and played well. Teamwork is even more important, in my opinion. Regardless, I'm not calling for a TR nerf. I think they're fine where they are. I enjoy the challenge of fighting a well-geared TR.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You not stacking Recovery on your TR is your issue, not mine. IK is Daily and dodge-able. I don't cry nerf at SE. It's already been nerfed and is fine the way it is.

Gap closing really is the issue here. TRs have a little ability called stealth. If you play it right, CWs don't know you're coming toward them. If you don't play it right and ITC fades before you get in range, then you may lose.

All classes (except DC, perhaps) is OP if speced right and played well. Teamwork is even more important, in my opinion. Regardless, I'm not calling for a TR nerf. I think they're fine where they are. I enjoy the challenge of fighting a well-geared TR.

Wow, have you ever played a TR? Guess not, its not that recovery do AP gain that much faster. CWs just have way faster AP gain and thats is it. Yes tr have stealth, but not always! Hate the fact that much people just think that a Tr can go in to stealth when ever he pleases to, this sir is very incorect. And please let me know how to dodge the IK when u spend your 2 rolls to get closer to the cw and the ITC to break entangling? Trs dont have 3 rolls like u cws...