test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rogues

Comments

• Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    nakzernakzer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Im soryy but (no im not sorry) most of the High geared trs.. cant give 2 shizzs about capping points, defending or playing as a team... they just go for as many kills as they can and they dont care about anything else...
    see
    for example..
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    nakzer wrote: »
    Im soryy but (no im not sorry) most of the High geared trs.. cant give 2 shizzs about capping points, defending or playing as a team... they just go for as many kills as they can and they dont care about anything else...
    see for example..

Another reason that high gear does not equal skilled lol
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    see for example..

I don't think you quite understand what was happening in that match.

You will notice I had the most points(because I was the one capping points the entire match), as well as killing there team when I seen them.

Anyone that knows me or plays against me in PvP knows how I play, and my main focus is capping points. Kills is just extra bonus

So please...atleast know what you are talking about before you try and trash talk someone, thx =)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I don't think you quite understand what was happening in that match.

You will notice I had the most points(because I was the one capping points the entire match), as well as killing there team when I seen them.

Anyone that knows me or plays against me in PvP knows how I play, and my main focus is capping points. Kills is just extra bonus

So please...atleast know what you are talking about before you try and trash talk someone, thx =)

I dont care about you to waste my time trash talking......its a simple fact and its a generalization .. but.. "if the shoe fits"
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I don't know why you cry for nerfs or crying for anything.I have to admit i know plenty of good tr's and each of them has his own style pvping.All good tr's know the purpose of pvping and trying to cap the points.Oh w8,actually my build is made for that purpose :).
    The weird stuff about tr's is that even though the majority has high gs etc they are completely trash on pvping.Im not talking about every tr.Im talking about the 95% :).
  • Options
    moogle71moogle71 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lets face it. 1v1 tr vs 12kcw or dc

Step 1 stealth befor in reach
    Step. 2 impact shot x3
    Goodgame

But gwf and gf could trash them
    Not sure it require a nerf ,some class are better vs other class
    that is a form of balance
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    moogle71 wrote: »
    Lets face it. 1v1 tr vs 12kcw or dc

Step 1 stealth befor in reach
    Step. 2 impact shot x3
    Goodgame

Did the CW forget that they could dodge?
  • Options
    moogle71moogle71 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Did the tr get impact shot befor, no u cant move until the third shot is over unless the tr taking his sweet time

Ps:Plz finish reading befor thinking im one sided

Yes impact shot is op but it dosnt require a nerf since this is a team fight
    If my allies cc the rogue then its over for him (if they manage to find him)
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i dont get these people that tries to do pvp on forums.Yeh and then i kill another cw with me lb and with my cos spam i kill a cleric...in the meantime my impact shots are fully recovered so i kill again and this circle goes forever.tr is op.Now go ingame and queue pvp domination.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    see for example..

Lets do some maths.

He got 47 kills, each gives 50 points, so it is 2,350 points in total. He/she got 8,900 points in total in that match so points from kills is about 26% of total points.

Therefore, killing alone is nothing without defending and capping nodes (which gives you bonus of 100, 300 points relatively).
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    Lets do some maths.

He got 47 kills, each gives 50 points, so it is 2,350 points in total. He/she got 8,900 points in total in that match so points from kills is about 26% of total points.

Therefore, killing alone is nothing without defending and capping nodes (which gives you bonus of 100, 300 points relatively).

150 for killing at a node - oh look - another tr with a signature of crazy kills and almost no deaths ....face it impact shot needs adjusting - again this is coming from a TR
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    kelleton wrote: »
    150 for killing at a node - oh look - another tr with a signature of crazy kills and almost no deaths ....face it impact shot needs adjusting - again this is coming from a TR

Impact shots can be dodged.

I also dont think most people are aware that immediately after we cast each impact shot, we are very briefly unable to do anything, because of the animation leaving us wide open.

Impact shots do high damage because of enchants.

The impact shots you are complaining about are from TR's with Vorpal and higher. That being said, you should be asking to nerf Vorpals, not the ability.

Icy Rays critting for 30k+ as an encounter, but you cry about Impact shots? lol@your logic

Put some Azures for defense and silvery for deflect, and watch those oh so huge uber impact shots dwindle down.

You are gearing improperly....that is all
  • Options
    edited September 2013

I also dont think most people are aware that immediately after we cast each impact shot, we are very briefly unable to do anything, because of the animation leaving us wide open.

The impact shots you are complaining about are from TR's with Vorpal and higher. That being said, you should be asking to nerf Vorpals, not the ability.

Icy Rays critting for 30k+ as an encounter, but you cry about Impact shots? lol@your logic

Put some Azures for defense and silvery for deflect, and watch those oh so huge uber impact shots dwindle down.

-IS can't be dodged and it will effectivellly Resinc a DCW or a DC mid blink or slash..
    - Icy rays will deal 30k IF and only IF full high vizier,at least 3 or more HV staks Full ranl8s and perfect vorpal enchant....and either CoI or RoE debuff in effect...
    -An undergeared rogue can deal that kind of damage with the three cheese broken Impact shot....not an issue of skill here its an issue of broken mechanics..
    -Deflect and Defense are useless in pvp unless you are a GF or GWF....#fact
    -The main problem here is your cognitive dissonance which is further aggravated but your twisting of the facts anf the deflection of the main issue here into other topics....ex: "Icy Rays critting for 30k+ as an encounter, but you cry about Impact shots? lol@your logic
    " Nobody here is talking about Icy rays or anything similar yet you use this deflections to counter the main topic being disscused here...
    I expect a responce to these facts presented here with some other way to deflect the real issue that is : Impact shot is broken and Needs nerf..
  • Options
    edited September 2013

dude I am killing pretty much any class other than a GWF in 2-3 hits - where they are stunned after first hit and cant see me coming - that's not balance
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    -
    -Deflect and Defense are useless in pvp unless you are a GF or GWF....#fact

False.....this makes me want to giggle a lil bit at you but i'll refrain.

Impact Shot is fine. High Crit from TR's and Vorpals make it powerful.

Show me a rogue without a Vorpal or higher, 2 or 3 shotting anyone of equal GS.........

I made a comparison to Icy Rays because 30k crits are unheard of, except for people with Perfects and the stars perfectly aligned etc etc. Its the Enchant, not the ability. Same for Impact. Its the enchant, not the ability.

I can one shot lesser geared players with my Dazing Strike without Lurkers, are you going to ask to nerf Dazing now too?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    dude I am killing pretty much any class other than a GWF in 2-3 hits - where they are stunned after first hit and cant see me coming - that's not balance

We have CW's in our guild that can melt me like butter in a matter of 2 seconds if they get the jump on me and there isnt a thing I can do about it but press the respawn button.

Balanced? Yes....but those are the CW's with Perfect Vorpals

Enchants are powerful.....
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    We have CW's in our guild that can melt me like butter in a matter of 2 seconds if they get the jump on me and there isnt a thing I can do about it but press the respawn button.

Balanced? Yes....but those are the CW's with Perfect Vorpals

Enchants are powerful.....

but I don't have perfect or even greater vorpals and nowhere near 13k GS and still melting face in 2-3 seconds

take away the range on it in pvp and lower the damage a tad
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    but I don't have perfect or even greater vorpals and nowhere near 13k GS and still melting face in 2-3 seconds

You are using a Vorpal, and hitting generally people with much less gear score then you.

I'm not arguing that Impact Doesnt do awesome damage...But it absolutely depends on who you are hitting with it and how they have built their character.

I have screen shots somewhere and I'll post them of me critting new players for 16-19k with a normal Impact, not using lurkers, and not even in stealth. Its not because Impact is over powered. Its because I'm using a greater vorpal, have a good build, and over average gear and the player probably had a GS of 5k(cant see how this is even possible at 60 btw)

Going up against some of the best geared, best played TR's on Mindflayer ya know what my impact crits for? Maybe 10k if I'm lucky, I've had a fiew quite a bit higher, but I"m lucky to do that. Because they have geared properly.

We have DC's in our guild that I am lucky to hit for 10k, ever....and thats generally only because they were knocked prone.

Do you have any videos? I would love to see who you are fighting that you are just 2 and 3 shotting everyone you see with Impact Shots..

Edit: Not to mention, what people continually forget about. Is the debuffs. Every tom <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and hairy has a plaguefire, and the FoTM build for CW's is Thaum with HV set. Every single person you fight is more then likely completely debuffed. So lesser geared players, are reaaaaaaally going to get f!cked up.
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Sure, nerf TRs to ground and leave the OP abilities in the other classes unnerfed. Good way to drive away players. *Shrugs. Starts working on his CW and considers switching to Tera completely.*

There is more important thing to complain about like the lack of content, the rampant bugs, and the boring daily quests that do not change.

So yeah, ignore the more important issues and nerf all the classes to the ground. Wait, that is what Cryptic has been doing all along. Cryptic has been *balancing* EVERY class to the ground while ignoring the other issues. *shrugs again#

You should roll a CW, I have one I hardly play because of no talent deaths from rogues. The first time a TR free-impact, impact(crit), Impact, Impact and you die; you'll likely get just as pissed as I do. There's nothing worse in a PvP situation than dying to a person who is pressing one button over and over.

Again though I don't call for nerfs I call for Push/Pull to work properly and not have this stun effect they have. Being able to dodge after a non stealth impact makes the fight completely different. Much like you said, mechanics need to be fixed first.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I know it's not too popular for CWs to run Shield on Tab, but between that and stacking Radiants my survivability has gone up considerably. Yes, smart TRs will hit it with a CoS, but it still gives 17% damage reduction after, and pops back up after 6 seconds. I've seen again and again good TRs hit me with IS and LB while my Shield is fully up (90% damage reduction). Lots going on in the heat of battle that may keep people from playing with a cool, clear head.

It's not always that I run Shield on Tab, but when I see 2-3 good TRs that I know on the opposing team, it's night and day compared to running without. Why do I use it? I need time! Time to get through ITC and 3 Impact Shots.

Run what you will, but it works for me.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Going up against some of the best geared, best played TR's on Mindflayer ya know what my impact crits for? Maybe 10k if I'm lucky,

that about half someone's HP bar...that's way too much damage for a 3 charge encounter ability that stuns vs some of the best geared players
  • Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    that about half someone's HP bar...that's way too much damage for a 3 charge encounter ability that stuns vs some of the best geared players

Alysin said 10k "If he was lucky"...

Average Impacts only hit 4-5k... that is if we can get them off with 91 other things going on around us in the heat of battle.

I won't sit here and deny 10k Impacts.. hell I wont deny 15k Impacts... it happens...

But so do 18k Icy Rays
    20k Frontline Surges...

etc..etc...

It's not the baility that is OP...there is no OP about it...

it's about the following...

1. Your gear
    2. Opponents Gear
    3. Debuffs on you
    4. Buffs on Opponent
    5. Where you are on the battlefield ( Does opponent have Combat Advantage ? )
    6. Crit hits...
    7. Is your back to the Opponent ?
    8. Over 9,000 other things as well...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    Alysin said 10k "If he was lucky"...

Average Impacts only hit 4-5k... that is if we can get them off with 91 other things going on around us in the heat of battle.

I won't sit here and deny 10k Impacts.. hell I wont deny 15k Impacts... it happens...

But so do 18k Icy Rays
    20k Frontline Surges...

etc..etc...

It's not the baility that is OP...there is no OP about it...

it's about the following...

1. Your gear
    2. Opponents Gear
    3. Debuffs on you
    4. Buffs on Opponent
    5. Where you are on the battlefield ( Does opponent have Combat Advantage ? )
    6. Crit hits...
    7. Is your back to the Opponent ?
    8. Over 9,000 other things as well...

funny how the only defense people have against this is icy ray -

everytime i go into a battlefield for my daily im destroying people with impact shot with almost nothing they can do about it (bar a GWF who has enough determination) its a cheese medium range encounter with 3 charges that you can do from stealth and regularly does up to 50% of someone's HP bar *and stuns from stealth*- nothing you can say that can make that sound balanced
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    -IS can't be dodged...

I expect a responce to these facts presented here with some other way to deflect the real issue that is : Impact shot is broken and Needs nerf..

Um, yes it can. The animation is rather slow and its' range is pretty short. I can't count how many times I've begun my wind up, only to have a CW port out of range. I guess you could say that's more of an interrupt than it is a dodge, but the end result is the same outside of the fact that I don't burn a charge.

How's that for a response?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    funny how the only defense people have against this is icy ray -

everytime i go into a battlefield for my daily im destroying people with impact shot with almost nothing they can do about it (bar a GWF who has enough determination) its a cheese medium range encounter with 3 charges that you can do from stealth and regularly does up to 50% of someone's HP bar *and stuns from stealth*- nothing you can say that can make that sound balanced

I listed abilities from other classes, why so defensive ?

But since we want to focus...
    1. High Vizier being abused with Defense strips and chill stacking
    2. you have 3 teleports, other classes have only 2 dodge counters
    3. Chill + Ice Knife = overkill 40k + damage
    4. Shard of the Endless Avalanche doing more damage than it was slotted for
    5. Tabbed Ray of Enfeeblement chewing up half a HP bar when hit twice
    6. Oppresor build + HV = enough said

I COULD ocmplain about all of this but I dont because I can learn to adapt.

I suggest you do the same.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    I listed abilities from other classes, why so defensive ?

But since we want to focus...
    1. High Vizier being abused with Defense strips and chill stacking
    2. you have 3 teleports, other classes have only 2 dodge counters
    3. Chill + Ice Knife = overkill 40k + damage
    4. Shard of the Endless Avalanche doing more damage than it was slotted for
    5. Tabbed Ray of Enfeeblement chewing up half a HP bar when hit twice
    6. Oppresor build + HV = enough said

I COULD ocmplain about all of this but I dont because I can learn to adapt.

I suggest you do the same.

lol u make it sound like im crying victim - maybe u need to look at first post with picture again.
    i am saying we as rogues are too powerful. you can be completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and mash 1 button for crazy damage and kills with 0 effort

again---im a rogue - since i have stated this in 20 different posts in this thread. not sure why you think im a mage maybe the reading comprehension isn't that high

I actually want a balanced game.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Because everybody and their grandparents are sick of TR's, always trying to:

Get other classes nerfed, so they can beat them up more easily (without effort)

Then trying to explain "how much skill it takes" to roll a face across the keyboard.

this sums it up.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    lol u make it sound like im crying victim - maybe u need to look at first post with picture again.
    i am saying we as rogues are too powerful. you can be completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and mash 1 button for crazy damage and kills with 0 effort

You need better competition then.

Something tells me Gear Score scaled PvP is coming soon and you'll be back in here complaining how we are not powerful enough.