test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rogues

Comments

• Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    You need better competition then.

Something tells me Gear Score scaled PvP is coming soon and you'll be back in here complaining how we are not powerful enough.

that is fine - my gear is not good at all - they just need to make it so we don't 1 button face melt people.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The majority of "expl..irienced" people, also are TR...

This made me laugh so hard, but sadly (there are few exceptions, ofc) it is the truth...:(

• Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *Just reads the thread laughing.*
    Because everybody and their grandparents are sick of TR's, always trying to:

Get other classes nerfed, so they can beat them up more easily (without effort)

Then trying to explain "how much skill it takes" to roll a face across the keyboard.

Tr's preventing much needed nerfs, and turning them into actual buffs, by crying out loud.

The majority of "expl..irienced" people, also are TR...

I could go on and on and on.

Sure, all the other classes want TRs nerfed but TRs cant want the other classes nerfed. Just like players wanting to be able to kill TRs but TRs must be unable to kill them. There have been no nerfs turned into buffs. Lurker's Assualt was nerfed by 60% and the stupid devs gave it a useless teleport. Just another pro nerf TR player who wants TRs nerfed for their own gain and does not want TRs to get his class nerfed. This pro nerf TR player should keep in mind the devs won't listen and they have accurate data to act accordingly by *balancing* all the classes again. *Shakes his head and laughs some more.*

No more nerfs the better but you know what go ahead and ruin the game for your own gain.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kelleton wrote: »
    everytime i go into a battlefield for my daily im destroying people with impact shot with almost nothing they can do about it (bar a GWF who has enough determination) its a cheese medium range encounter with 3 charges that you can do from stealth and regularly does up to 50% of someone's HP bar *and stuns from stealth*- nothing you can say that can make that sound balanced

So...fighting against PUgs with a high chance of people below 5k gs and bots makes you feel special. I get it. :D
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I listed abilities from other classes, why so defensive ?

But since we want to focus...
    1. High Vizier being abused with Defense strips and chill stacking
    2. you have 3 teleports, other classes have only 2 dodge counters
    3. Chill + Ice Knife = overkill 40k + damage
    4. Shard of the Endless Avalanche doing more damage than it was slotted for
    5. Tabbed Ray of Enfeeblement chewing up half a HP bar when hit twice
    6. Oppresor build + HV = enough said

I COULD ocmplain about all of this but I dont because I can learn to adapt.

I suggest you do the same.

Wow Svet. That was really well constructed!

For once I actually find myself agreeing with you on the majority of your points:

1. High Viz is broken A needed balance fix similar to what happened with Ray of Enfeeblement is long over due here. Especially from a PvE perspective.
    2. Our amount of dodges pale in comparision to the utility that is Stealth and Unstoppable. GFs have block (Although I pity them this, as it is the easiest mechanic to break down) And Dcs get the short straw for having two teleports due to having heals.
    3. No Wizard will ever be slotting Chilling Presence and Eye of the Storm in Pvp. Storm Spell provides more bang for your buck with Dps and proc rate.
    4. Shard: I don't use it so cannot comment on it.
    5. Tabbed Ray is nice, but no different to Tabbed Icy Rays chewing through half a Hp Bar in a single shot with a crit.
    6. Oppressor by itself is fine. The problem again revolves around HV. As a Control Wizard, Oppressor lets me Control in Pvp.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    So...fighting against PUgs with a high chance of people below 5k gs and bots makes you feel special. I get it. :D

ermm i am a pug i don't go in with anyone else.

you shouldn't be able to 2 shot people with a 3 charge encounter that has a stun attached to it..

and i don't know why you think it makes me feel special? if it made me feel special why would i be saying it needs to be fixed? if anything it makes me feel worse about this game..and makes pvp boring to go around 2-3 shotting people regardless of gear, which is exactly why I only pvp for the daily.

do you really think its fun to rack up 30+ kills with 0 effort? doesn't that make u turn away from a game quicker when pvp is just ganking people rather than a solid back and forth duel
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i still find it funny that people keep saying "Sure, all the other classes want TRs nerfed"

yet im a tr..im just objective and want a fun game rather than try and get some sort of ego boost out of a video game by staking a deck
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kelleton wrote: »
    ermm i am a pug i don't go in with anyone else.

you shouldn't be able to 2 shot people with a 3 charge encounter that has a stun attached to it..

and i don't know why you think it makes me feel special? if anything it makes me feel worse about this game..and makes pvp boring to go around 2-3 shotting people regardless of gear, which is exactly why I only pvp for the daily.

do you really think its fun to rack up 30+ kills with 0 effort? doesn't that make u turn away from a game quicker when pvp is just ganking people rather than a solid back and forth duel

The problem of current pvp queue is that it matches people with such a bit gear disparity not mention to debuffs flying all over the place.

Sure, you can 2-3 shot people with low gs and/or defense stat with impact shot. But other players with high gs can do the same thing. Once in a pug match, I saw a 17 gs GF crit for 25k with his lunging strike. That skill has 30' range, 8 seconds cd. With some recovery, he can use it every 7 seconds. Should we lobby to "adjust" it too? Oh, since we are talking about OP skill, TR's lashing strike can crit over 30k. Nerf please?

You should try to fight someone with same gears then judge it. Btw, there is pvp event on PTR this Saturday by Lemonstand. Come and show how OP your Impact shot is.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    the thing that cracks me up the most is.... there are 2 TR's in this thread complaining Impact Shot is too powerful.

Talking about how they are supposedly easy mode.

How they one shot people.

I have some questions for you 2 players...

1. If your TR's are so hot sh*t.... how come noone has ever heard of you ?

2. If you think a ability is OP and easy modes how you play, then why are you using it ? Want challenge, slot something else.

That simple.
    No more, no less.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    the thing that cracks me up the most is.... there are 2 TR's in this thread complaining Impact Shot is too powerful.

Talking about how they are supposedly easy mode.

How they one shot people.

I have some questions for you 2 players...

1. If your TR's are so hot sh*t.... how come noone has ever heard of you ?

2. If you think a ability is OP and easy modes how you play, then why are you using it ? Want challenge, slot something else.

That simple.
    No more, no less.

I think their point is that OTHER rogues use this on them and they realized how op it is.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I see 2 honest TRs and way more others afraid because their bread and butter might be taken away by the devs trying to shun the sincere guys down :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    blah blah blah
    People should come down from cloud nine and realize, there is more than just one class. blah blah blah

If a class exceeds a TR in any terms of gameplay, the TR cry about it. blah blah blah blah

None of your posts is going to change the reality. And that's a fact. Give it up.

Lets see people should come down from cloud nine because there are tons of "Nerf TR" posts and threads. You are correct that you should give it up because it is a fact of reality instead of your delusional world. In the imaginary world world where only TRs want nerfs to other classes this thread would not even exist and there would only be nerf other classes threads. Nerfing will lead to all the classes being the same and people will still QQ about it. I probably won't be responding further to this poster because reality is calling.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    I see 2 honest TRs and way more others afraid because their bread and butter might be taken away by the devs trying to shun the sincere guys down :)

Honest players will admit that there are OP powers and abilities in every class so it really does not matter. Honest players will admit that every class has been *balanced* in the past and not just one. Honest players will admit that every class will be *balanced* again and not just one. Honest players will admit Impact Shot does not do the same amount of damage every time and it can be dodged. The stun effect is way over exaggerated in this thread and the range as well. Honest players will admit that the stun effect is only on one Impact Shot that is thrown from stealth because using Impact Shot knocks the TR out of stealth and Impact Shot only stuns when the TR is stealthed. The only way every Impact Shot will stun is if the TR uses LA&Stealth. An honest player will admit this thread was created because the creator got sick of Impact Shot being used against him and not sick of using it.

Go ahead and continues with the Nerf TR stuff and watch as every class including your own gets Nerfed.

No more nerfs would be best but hey all the pro nerf people want to make all the classes the same. ROFL.

• Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Lets see people should come down from cloud nine because there are tons of "Nerf TR" posts and threads. You are correct that you should give it up because it is a fact of reality instead of your delusional world. In your delusional world this thread would not even exist and there would only be nerf other classes threads. Nerfing will lead to all the classes being the same and people will still QQ about it.

Although I can see where you coming from, we need to see the 'discussion' or complain from all sides. Currently I a have a character for every class and I have played all in 11k GS PVP with all. I find the whole PvP world balanced.

However, I do understand that people entering PvP just to check their skills and have some fun fights against other players, get dis-encouraged when getting constantly one-shotted or they don't have a fighting chance against the 'rush to 2 and check how many G.Tene procs you get' strategies.

This is true for every class against every class. The bad thing about rogues receiving bad popularity is that they are notorious for being able to one shot most people, while having all the cool toys that make everyone annoyed when facing them. For instance, playing a CW, getting Lashed while you cast against other people, and then lol-chased by ITC+3 Impact while staring a black image isn't the funniest thing around. Likewise, getting choked to death by a random CW on a pillar is similar fun. ...but, only a small number of people will take a moment to see the bigger picture behind class balances and it's most probable that forum whining starts as a failure to face and kill a given class in a random 1v1 situation.

You can't stop people from complaining about that, especially in the way that things are done in NW pvp.

Bottom-line: Gear and enchants makes some classes' damage getting out of hand. However it's not a class problem, It's rather a damage scaling issue and that's nothing that can't be handled by either gearing up yourself, or running with a team to help you out. Rogues are as good as any other geared up class. Yes, even DC in the right team.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Just for the PRO NERF people:

Why learn to play if you can complain about the classes on the forums? :cool: /MMOlogic101

Can't kill GWF? NERF!
    Can't kill GF? NERF!
    Can't kill a TR? NERF!
    Can't kill a CW? NERF!
    GWF kills you? NERF!
    GF kills you? NERF!
    TR kills you? NERF!
    CW kills you? NERF!

Yep, it must be the game mechanics.:D

Just wait, every class will be *balanced* and not just the one you want *balanced*.:D

• Options
    edited September 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »

I dont use Impact Shot all like that.

My Rotation i am working with currently is

Stealth + Wicked Reminder + Shadow Strike + Stealth + Lashing....

I cant speak for all rogues but others can speak for me, I do alot of testing and fumbling around because variety is the spice of life and ALWAYS keep your opponents guessing..
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Although I can see where you coming from, we need to see the 'discussion' or complain from all sides. Currently I a have a character for every class and I have played all in 11k GS PVP with all. I find the whole PvP world balanced.

However, I do understand that people entering PvP just to check their skills and have some fun fights against other players, get dis-encouraged when getting constantly one-shotted or they don't have a fighting chance against the 'rush to 2 and check how many G.Tene procs you get' strategies.

This is true for every class against every class. The bad thing about rogues receiving bad popularity is that they are notorious for being able to one shot most people, while having all the cool toys that make everyone annoyed when facing them. For instance, playing a CW, getting Lashed while you cast against other people, and then lol-chased by ITC+3 Impact while staring a black image isn't the funniest thing around. Likewise, getting choked to death by a random CW on a pillar is similar fun. ...but, only a small number of people will take a moment to see the bigger picture behind class balances and it's most probable that forum whining starts as a failure to face and kill a given class in a random 1v1 situation.

You can't stop people from complaining about that, especially in the way that things are done in NW pvp.

Bottom-line: Gear and enchants makes some classes' damage getting out of hand. However it's not a class problem, It's rather a damage scaling issue and that's nothing that can't be handled by either gearing up yourself, or running with a team to help you out. Rogues are as good as any other geared up class. Yes, even DC in the right team.

I could not agree more and suggest you read the posts done by the individual I quoted to fully understand my post. The poster was attempting to make it seem that only TRs are wanting nerfs to other classes when in reality every class is wanting nerfs for every other classes. It is not limited to TRs wanting nerfs to other classes in reality.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I dont use Impact Shot all like that.

My Rotation i am working with currently is

Stealth + Wicked Reminder + Shadow Strike + Stealth + Lashing....

I cant speak for all rogues but others can speak for me, I do alot of testing and fumbling around because variety is the spice of life and ALWAYS keep your opponents guessing..

Very smart and I rotate powers as well depending on what I am facing. The creator should remove the regular vorpal and limit them self to attacking GFs or GWFs instead of wanting the class nerfed for all the other TRs. It is obvious the real reason this thread was created was because the creator got sick of Impact Shot being used by other TRs against him.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I could not agree more and suggest your read the posts done by the individual I quoted to fully understand my post. The poster was attempting to make it seem that only TRs are wanting nerfs to other classes when in reality every class is wanting nerfs for every other classes. It is not limited to TRs wanting nerfs to other classes in reality.

I have read it, and I did write the whole thing afterwards. It's like that in EVERY MMO. I am coming from WoW, where the competitive PvP forums (not the Blizzard ones mind you) feel like a constant whining about nerf-asking or fixings, and everything that you can imagine.

People that I know, tend to rage over certain classes just because their play style doesn't help against them (i.e. a TR that thinks that can outdamage a GWF and facetanks him). If you are regular in here, you will see that every class forum contains posts about nerfs and trash talking about no-skiller stacking enchants and one-clicking you to oblivion (like if it was 3 clicks, something would be different). What I am trying to say, is that you can't do anything about people that want to complain. It's a universal truth.

Developers aren't stupid, and they can filter the posts that matter and the ones that are just 'talk over a cup of tea'. Up to now, the only huge nerf that I've witnessed, is the Unstoppable GWF which was very much spot on, if you ask me.

Off-topic P.S: KingCulex are you on Beholder?
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am still waiting to see some videos of the OP playing.....

bandicam is very easy to install and its free. no excuse not to make a video and how you 2-3 shot everyone with yer one button.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    a TR that thinks that can outdamage a GWF and facetanks him

I can do this on my TR to 99 % of GWF's...even some Tene GWF's... but Tene + sent ?... I need band-aid's :(
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I have read it, and I did write the whole thing afterwards. It's like that in EVERY MMO. I am coming from WoW, where the competitive PvP forums (not the Blizzard ones mind you) feel like a constant whining about nerf-asking or fixings, and everything that you can imagine.

People that I know, tend to rage over certain classes just because their play style doesn't help against them (i.e. a TR that thinks that can outdamage a GWF and facetanks him). If you are regular in here, you will see that every class forum contains posts about nerfs and trash talking about no-skiller stacking enchants and one-clicking you to oblivion (like if it was 3 clicks, something would be different). What I am trying to say, is that you can't do anything about people that want to complain. It's a universal truth.

Developers aren't stupid, and they can filter the posts that matter and the ones that are just 'talk over a cup of tea'. Up to now, the only huge nerf that I've witnessed, is the Unstoppable GWF which was very much spot on, if you ask me.

Off-topic P.S: KingCulex are you on Beholder?

Nope, I am on Dragon and I caught the obvious typo in my post. You are correct you can't stop them but you can point out when they are making posts based on an imaginary world. Especially posts that make it seem only TRs want nerfs. Only Huge nerf is the unstoppable nerf? Ok, then Shocking Execution being nerfed by 60% and Lurker's Assault being nerfed by 60% is not huge...... Come on, I am talking 60% Nerfs to two dailies here not 10% or 20% or 30%...... The nerfs done to DCs have crippled most of them it seems after reading there threads and the large number of them leaving the game.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I can do this on my TR to 99 % of GWF's...even some Tene GWF's... but Tene + sent ?... I need band-aid's :(

Yeah, sorry. Whenever you see GWFs in my sentences replace with Sentinel GWFs
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ... Ok, then Shocking Execution being nerfed by 60% and Lurker's Assault being nerfed by 60% is not huge...

They are big nerfs, but not game breaking ones. You can still use Execution, like you were supposed to and Lurker's Assault has shinny new functionality now. But before the Unstoppable nerf, GWFs where just running around in unkillable mode. That's game breaking, because if it didn't get looked into, in a few months it would be: GWFs vs the rest of the classes.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    They are big nerfs, but not game breaking ones. You can still use Execution, like you were supposed to and Lurker's Assault has shinny new functionality now. But before the Unstoppable nerf, GWFs where just running around in unkillable mode. That's game breaking, because if it didn't get looked into, in a few months it would be: GWFs vs the rest of the classes.

Sentinel GWFs are still heavily survivable and lets be honest here about the Lurker's Assault thing having shinny new functionality that is useless. Trs already had deft strike for teleporting around. Use Execution like you were supposed to?? Execution from the beginning required the target to first be hurt for it to work correctly and everyone cried about it. CW's Ice Knife does more damage and do not have the limitation of the target being hurt first. Don't nerf the damage of CW's Ice Knife but give it the same limitation. The challenge of facing other players in PVP is part of the fun. Too many people want stuff nerfed for their own gain to make it easy. The other classes had this done to Lurker's Assault and Shocking Execution. *Shrugs and goes back to playing his CW.*

Nerf+Nerf+Nerf = Game Breaking. This means the nerfs add up to game-breaking even if a single one is not game-breaking. Strip away a TR's ability to do burst damage and you will be left with a DC that is unable to heal.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I am still waiting to see some videos of the OP playing.....

bandicam is very easy to install and its free. no excuse not to make a video and how you 2-3 shot everyone with yer one button.

Not going to happen. I requested photos of gear showing enchantments in the beginning and it never happened.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    OK, I will concede on the argument of Lurker's Assault. It's still a good daily though. However:

GWFs Sentinels being heavily survivable and being unkillable are two really different things. Pre-nerf unkillable was easily achieved by T2 gear people. CW's Ice Knife is a different beast on its own. If you get in the process of asking for limitations in other class's abilities you are actually doing the same thing as people asking for nerf on rogues. I won't go in depth of comparing the two, and I will be honest with you that I partly agree with the fact that Ice Knife is hitting for too much and you only need to wait for a EotS proc, but I guess it's different classes and different concepts.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    OK, I will concede on the argument of Lurker's Assault. It's still a good daily though. However:

GWFs Sentinels being heavily survivable and being unkillable are two really different things. Pre-nerf unkillable was easily achieved by T2 gear people. CW's Ice Knife is a different beast on its own. If you get in the process of asking for limitations in other class's abilities you are actually doing the same thing as people asking for nerf on rogues. I won't go in depth of comparing the two, and I will be honest with you that I partly agree with the fact that Ice Knife is hitting for too much and you only need to wait for a EotS proc, but I guess it's different classes and different concepts.

Sentinel GWFs were never truly unkillable and were always heavily survivable. The nerf to unstoppable hardly changed anything. I'm generally anti nerf but all these thread spreading misinformation and players wanting big nerfs for their own gain is kinda making me think its a waste of time being anti nerf. So many players wanted nerfs to TR's stealth ability. CWs cried for the nerf to Execution and Execution's damage was nerfed by 60%. The limitation being added to the CW's Ice Knife is very very minor compared to cutting its damage be 60%. The limitation being so minor points more towards game balance than the heavy nerfs wanted by the Pro Nerf TRs players that would unbalance the game.

Is the limitation similar? Yes
    Is the limitation the same as the heavy nerfs wanted by Pro Nerf Players who want to gut the TR class? No.

Keep in mind I play a CW and a TR when I do play. The last week I have been working on my Warrior in Tera. Tera has better 20vs20 pvp and dueling which is 1vs1 pvp.

• Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OK, I will concede on the argument of Lurker's Assault. It's still a good daily though

Honestly, other then PvE I really don't get much use out of Lurkers anymore.

I swear it isn't working properly, or calculating the dmg % like it should.

With Lurkers, and strike feat, I am at 40% extra damage. When I pop lurkers, I swear to god it makes my lashing do LESS damage then it does normally with a high crit. I've gotten 33k+, a couple times since the nerf.

Other then a couple times, my hits with Lurkers and Lashing seem to be around 20-24k. Which is totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, when I already hit for 20-24k sometimes with just a normal crit not even in stealth. The numbers just don't seem to fit.

For example. Just yesterday, I know the player was lower geared as I was hitting him disgustingly hard constantly. First time I see him, I jump in the air, hit stealth, come down with Dazing/lb >dead mage. 15k Dazing/25k lashing(ouch). Next time I see him, I pop Lurkers, throw dagger to proc CO, and bam..22k(crit) wtf??? Have to finish him with an impact.

That being said, I use whirlwind of blades and shocking 99% of the time.