What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rogues

Comments

• Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow, have you ever played a TR? Guess not, its not that recovery do AP gain that much faster. CWs just have way faster AP gain and thats is it. Yes tr have stealth, but not always! Hate the fact that much people just think that a Tr can go in to stealth when ever he pleases to, this sir is very incorect. And please let me know how to dodge the IK when u spend your 2 rolls to get closer to the cw and the ITC to break entangling? Trs dont have 3 rolls like u cws...

L2P issues....that's all I see from you.

Foolishly wasting your 2 dodge's has nothing to do with anyone but you...
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow, have you ever played a TR? Guess not, its not that recovery do AP gain that much faster. CWs just have way faster AP gain and thats is it. Yes tr have stealth, but not always! Hate the fact that much people just think that a Tr can go in to stealth when ever he pleases to, this sir is very incorect. And please let me know how to dodge the IK when u spend your 2 rolls to get closer to the cw and the ITC to break entangling? Trs dont have 3 rolls like u cws...

I have and I do. Get the GG PVP 2 armor set and Twilight Adept, Swift Footwork and Improved Cunning feats. Then get Stamina regen for last Shar boon. Congrats, you have (close to) 3 dodges and more stealth. I beat a lot of TRs in game, but the best ones on MF (Proxi, Shrugs, Dracnia, Alysin, Ryuk, Curse, to name a few) can tear me up very easily.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
    edited September 2013
    People still play this game?
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nightgamez wrote: »
    People still play this game?

If you don't but still have an account:

1) Why are you here?
    2) Got any good items or enchants you'd like to donate?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    L2P issues....that's all I see from you.

Foolishly wasting your 2 dodge's has nothing to do with anyone but you...

Ye lets not dodge cws attacks lets try run at him like a jerky... might work for u when u play against random **** cw trying to hit them with dazing strike, lmao.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ye lets not dodge cws attacks lets try run at him like a jerky... might work for u when u play against random **** cw trying to hit them with dazing strike, lmao.

*yawn*...my character name is easy to find, and I'm even easier to reach in game.

Come join me, I'll happily show you how "lmao" my Dazing is......

In the meantime, post a vid of yourself so we can all laugh at you failing with a cookie cutter rotation....
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    *yawn*...my character name is easy to find, and I'm even easier to reach in game.

Come join me, I'll happily show you how "lmao" my Dazing is......

In the meantime, post a vid of yourself so we can all laugh at you failing with a cookie cutter rotation....

Met u in pvp plenty of times, 1 time u got me killed, rofl. No go crawl under a rock girl.
  • Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Met u in pvp plenty of times, 1 time u got me killed, rofl. No go crawl under a rock girl.

Alysin > Revolver

I have played with and against you both times...

Why is Alysin better ?

Because Alysin understands it's not all about the kills.... I have matches where I have went 38-0..and matches I have gone 3-11...

I recently played a match with Alysin where our team lost and I went 8 - 11...

Why did we lose ?

Because our cleric started throwing hissy fits even though we was winning by 80 points at the time and decided to stay in the spawn point...

I <3 PUGS... / sarcasm

You can be selective and pick and chose matches where one class facerolls entire teams... that doesnt help your argument unless this was DEATHMATCH PVP...

Last time I checked this is domination and capping points while holding off the other team is what matters...

Alysin understands that.
    I have played with you Revolver and against you...

First, your too squishy...
    Second... I have seen you run to a point to contest it then run away because there was 2 people on the point and you didn't want to break a nail or dirty your armor...

There is a reason why there are good players... they understand how to play the game.

Some have yet to learn.

When we say it's a L2P issue..... this is what we mean.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

/snicker Lady Revolver the TR on Mindflayer?

Yes my friend...you've got much to learn, as do I...but you seem to be stuck on a downhill learning curve

Cheers!
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I play all but cleric my TR is slightly under the gear of my GF and they both blow people up in pugs.

The difference is that my TR can do so without much risk of death. You can 99% get away and jump back in all day long regardless of what your group is doing. If my GF gets 3-5 people on him there's not a lot you can do about it but Kill them, LoS or depend on your group to do their jobs.

I hardly play my CW Because of rogues, They had no real counter to Perm stealth and impact spamming rogues are almost as bad. In premades were your group usually helps its a different story but my CW is in t2's and hardly premade worthy.

Even though rogues have caught 3-4 nerf hammers, I still think they're #1 solo que class. High Gain, Low Risk, why not.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I play a 9.9k GS TR on Mindflayer, Arc-Star is the name, and I'm with OP on this one. Impact shot not only deals massive amounts of damage, but it also stuns them. So once you hit them with the first one you've got them locked in place, notice that even your teammates can attack them at the same time, and you're dishing out an ungodly amount of damage. There isn't a **** thing they can do about it either, once you've got them with the first shot.

I suggest lowering the damage to a reasonable amount, or increasing the CD before you can let off another charge, so they have time to dodge the next shot instead of being chained stunned.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I don't think the damage is in question as much as push/pull effects causing a stun-like effect instead of simply pushing and pulling.

The same problem with Roar, these abilities are simply too good because of that. Many also interrupt you even when you're Immune to CC. which is just dumb.
  • Options
    nakzernakzer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe damage shouldnt be nerfed...But charge time or total charges SHOULD as well as the stun... the stun absolutely needs to go
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sure, nerf TRs to ground and leave the OP abilities in the other classes unnerfed. Good way to drive away players. *Shrugs. Starts working on his CW and considers switching to Tera completely.*

There is more important thing to complain about like the lack of content, the rampant bugs, and the boring daily quests that do not change.

So yeah, ignore the more important issues and nerf all the classes to the ground. Wait, that is what Cryptic has been doing all along. Cryptic has been *balancing* EVERY class to the ground while ignoring the other issues. *shrugs again#
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly, the amount of these threads is hilarious.

But anyway:

First off, pretty much any class can be OP if played and geared correctly. I'm not even talking R10 enchants and perfect vorpal.

I play a TR. I don't use Impact Shot, but I've fought a lot of TRs that do. First of all, yeah, you get stunned - but a stun doesn't kill you. Every class has some sort of counter to damage, whether it's a dodge, block or the GWF's unstoppable. You may get hit by 2 charges of Impact Shot, but that doesn't automatically mean you will get hit by more. There's a button called shift - use it. Most times you will avoid Impact Shot after the first one (or two if they used first one from stealth) if you simply hit the shift button. Sure you lose HP - but you're not dead.

That being said, as a TR, I'm squishy. I can get proned to death by a GF, I can get stunlocked to death by a GWF, I can get oneshot/twoshot by another TR, and I can get CC'd by a CW. Does this mean I always do?

No, I don't.

When fighting a GF, I keep my distance or use ITC to avoid being proned in the first place. I kite GWFs and use ITC to avoid being proned/stunlocked. I use stealth and ITC to counter CWs. All of these classes have skills that can kill me very quickly or take off huge chunks of my HP in a very short amount of time, but that doesn't mean I always let them hit me with those.

The same goes for Impact Shot. If you don't notice a rogue approaching (even if they're in stealth, you can see the node change) and you get hit with IS, then do what I said above - avoid the next shots any way you can. It's not that hard. If you don't want to get hit by something, then watch out for it and avoid it. As with fighting anything in PvP, the main thing here is awareness. Make your FOV larger - I do that when I'm capping nodes 1/3 in Rivenscar so I can see anyone approaching. It's seriously not that hard.

Honestly, just stop QQing so much about PvP in this game. You play the game for fun (dunno why else... unless it's to make money, in which case I don't see why you'd be PvPing anyway). Every class can be OP if geared and played well, it's a matter of learning how to counter them. Some classes definitely have advantages over other classes in 1v1s, such as TR vs CW, but then they also have their own counter classes (GWF vs anyone, GF vs TR (sort of), CW vs GF, etc.). The game isn't meant to be that balanced in PvP and complaining isn't exactly going to help much except hurt another class. And that's going to affect the overall enjoyment of the game for not only yourself, but for others as well.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ralexinor wrote: »
    Honestly, the amount of these threads is hilarious.

But anyway:

First off, pretty much any class can be OP if played and geared correctly. I'm not even talking R10 enchants and perfect vorpal.

I play a TR. I don't use Impact Shot, but I've fought a lot of TRs that do. First of all, yeah, you get stunned - but a stun doesn't kill you. Every class has some sort of counter to damage, whether it's a dodge, block or the GWF's unstoppable. You may get hit by 2 charges of Impact Shot, but that doesn't automatically mean you will get hit by more. There's a button called shift - use it. Most times you will avoid Impact Shot after the first one (or two if they used first one from stealth) if you simply hit the shift button. Sure you lose HP - but you're not dead.

That being said, as a TR, I'm squishy. I can get proned to death by a GF, I can get stunlocked to death by a GWF, I can get oneshot/twoshot by another TR, and I can get CC'd by a CW. Does this mean I always do?

No, I don't.

When fighting a GF, I keep my distance or use ITC to avoid being proned in the first place. I kite GWFs and use ITC to avoid being proned/stunlocked. I use stealth and ITC to counter CWs. All of these classes have skills that can kill me very quickly or take off huge chunks of my HP in a very short amount of time, but that doesn't mean I always let them hit me with those.

The same goes for Impact Shot. If you don't notice a rogue approaching (even if they're in stealth, you can see the node change) and you get hit with IS, then do what I said above - avoid the next shots any way you can. It's not that hard. If you don't want to get hit by something, then watch out for it and avoid it. As with fighting anything in PvP, the main thing here is awareness. Make your FOV larger - I do that when I'm capping nodes 1/3 in Rivenscar so I can see anyone approaching. It's seriously not that hard.

Honestly, just stop QQing so much about PvP in this game. You play the game for fun (dunno why else... unless it's to make money, in which case I don't see why you'd be PvPing anyway). Every class can be OP if geared and played well, it's a matter of learning how to counter them. Some classes definitely have advantages over other classes in 1v1s, such as TR vs CW, but then they also have their own counter classes (GWF vs anyone, GF vs TR (sort of), CW vs GF, etc.). The game isn't meant to be that balanced in PvP and complaining isn't exactly going to help much except hurt another class. And that's going to affect the overall enjoyment of the game for not only yourself, but for others as well.

You have good points but its a waste of time since QQ is all they know how to do and they would QQ even if there was a single class in the game. But wait all the nerf threads goals are to make all the classes the same and remove variety.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    nakzernakzer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ralexinor wrote: »

Moot point.. Impact shot will effectively ReSinc a CW or a DC mid blink/dash (just like a gwf dash pokes you forward and then molests you from behind and sideways ability does)
    Once a shot lands and the stun takes effect a second shot and maybe even a third is unavoidable NO matter what you do....and if you are not dead by then then a couple of clouds of steel will finish you off... all of that using only 1 Encounter...If you are a CW for example no matter what your gear is or the level of you enchants is if at the moment of all that bullshiettery you are not getting bot-healed by a dc, you are dead regardless of the GS of said rogue...And then the rogue still has its ItC and LB and rob Lurks to kill another 2 enemies if possible....
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nakzer wrote: »
    Moot point.. Impact shot will effectively ReSinc a CW or a DC mid blink/dash (just like a gwf dash pokes you forward and then molests you from behind and sideways ability does)
    Once a shot lands and the stun takes effect a second shot and maybe even a third is unavoidable NO matter what you do....and if you are not dead by then then a couple of clouds of steel will finish you off... all of that using only 1 Encounter...If you are a CW for example no matter what your gear is or the level of you enchants is if at the moment of all that bullshiettery you are not getting bot-healed by a dc, you are dead regardless of the GS of said rogue...And then the rogue still has its ItC and LB and rob Lurks to kill another 2 enemies if possible....

I play with 300-400 ping and I can still dodge it fine. It's not impossible to dodge, you just need to time it right. Mash the shift button if you have to. Also I said that yes, you can get hit by 2 shots if they hit you from stealth, but you're not going to die from that if you're well spec'd and at least moderately geared.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    kelleton wrote: »
    now that stealth mode is dead- lets fix the impact shot <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

Lol if forum whiners had their way TR's would crit LB for 6k, impact for 2k, instantly come out of stealth upon casting any ability or taking any damage, and ItC would be 50% chance of deflect with no CC immune.

How much can you complain before the class is worthless, seriously?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    TR's would crit LB for 6k, impact for 2k, instantly come out of stealth upon casting any ability or taking any damage, and ItC would be 50% chance of deflect with no CC immune.

Now this is some nice balancing the dev's should consider. Make the game so much better.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Now this is some nice balancing the dev's should consider. Make the game so much better.:)

Lol so how could a TR kill anything without burst damage? The complainers want to remove both their burst AND their survivability, that leaves them with absolutely nothing and at that point even a BiS TR would lose to a 10k player of any other class really.

Even DC could just heal through the pitiful damage and widdle them down.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

I agree!

Lets let TR's only able to equip 1 weapon too, and lets give them a health cap of 18,000!....so its easier for "you"..
    Try not to spill your drool cup the next time a TR roflstomps you notsouniquegoddess...

50% chance to deflect for ItC? I'll take it. That would put me at 91% chance to deflect every ItC cooldown. Yes please
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

sure do it.
    can do as well remove rogues from the game. because they wont be able to kill well geared clerics and gwfs, and probably gfs.
    wont be able to touch CWs.
    then they will come on forum and ask to nerf gwf and all the rest to bring balance back

this nerf thing is non sense
    the problem with you people is that
    1> i see al ot of 8,9,10k gear complain of a fully geared tr of 12k gs, or a fully geared tenes rogue.
    2> a lot of u guys dont even know how to respec properly on pvp, gears, enchants setup. I see a lot of people stacking thousands and thousands of the same stats and come here and say "omgz i have 5k, 6k POWER I PRO OK" they dont even know that more u stack of same stats, less effective it will get at where u should stack something else.

game is balanced the way it is. nerf rogues and others class will only destroy the fun of the other ppl that are not guilty for the lack of capibility to play at high level pvp from pugs

solution:
    bring guild domination Qs, with ranking and ****.
    and let pugs be pugs. and real pvp lovers fight real pvp lovers.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I know right;p. cant hurt the copyrights.
    jk, this is the tag. the char name is fine:p
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited September 2013
    kelleton wrote: »
    now that stealth mode is dead- lets fix the impact shot <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

This again... Are you blind? Or can't understand how a class work? Every class has it's own specialty, TR is the best single target damage dealing class...And now you are acting like someone who got so surprised seeing such stats in pvp. I'm pretty sure you notice that most of those kills we had aren't even coming from a 1v1 situation. And pointing out on what you had specifically stated "Impact Shot" skill. This can 80% of time get lucky on getting the last hit, so kill points again.

Go make another topic about the "I like balance" stuff and stop specifically pointing out on a certain class.
  • Options
    bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited September 2013

This kind of people don't even have any idea how a rogue class works. All this and that. I hope you try in real life hire a serial killer and see how much damage can he inflict on someone and get an explanation to your suggestion.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bladepowah wrote: »
    This kind of people don't even have any idea how a rogue class works. All this and that. I hope you try in real life hire a serial killer and see how much damage can he inflict on someone and get an explanation to your suggestion.

Yes BUT ROUGE IS NOT ASSASIN .
    Assasin class(paragon or prestige) exist in d&d.
    But we don't have in nw.

And no one hire serial killer. Like DEXTER MORGAN?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bladepowah wrote: »

Go make another topic about the "I like balance" stuff and stop specifically pointing out on a certain class.

Im pointing this out cause it is the class I play and know it...I don't know the broken skills on another class cause I don't play them so I cant speak intelligently to the point. IMO impact shot is OP as shown by my attachment (I can attach a lot more idf you would like) also look at alys sig - funny he can argue the point with a sig like that.

Impact shot needs to be reworked in PVP - if I come up stealth on any class other than a well geared GWF they are dead in 2-3 shots while perma stunned and my gear is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I am by no means a hardcore or elite or even good player
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    Alysin > Revolver

I have played with and against you both times...

Why is Alysin better ?

Because Alysin understands it's not all about the kills.... I have matches where I have went 38-0..and matches I have gone 3-11...

I recently played a match with Alysin where our team lost and I went 8 - 11...

Why did we lose ?

Because our cleric started throwing hissy fits even though we was winning by 80 points at the time and decided to stay in the spawn point...

I <3 PUGS... / sarcasm

You can be selective and pick and chose matches where one class facerolls entire teams... that doesnt help your argument unless this was DEATHMATCH PVP...

Last time I checked this is domination and capping points while holding off the other team is what matters...

Alysin understands that.
    I have played with you Revolver and against you...

First, your too squishy...
    Second... I have seen you run to a point to contest it then run away because there was 2 people on the point and you didn't want to break a nail or dirty your armor...

There is a reason why there are good players... they understand how to play the game.

Some have yet to learn.

When we say it's a L2P issue..... this is what we mean.

Yes you are right sir! http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/Kris_Spaulding/media/GameClient2013-09-1521-43-25-921_zpsce2ea62e.jpg.html