test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rogues

Comments

• kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just stopping by to tell you that even PvP t1 gear and cheap off-gear accessories (rings/belts/cloaks) from AH, when enchanted properly are all you need for PvP.

Carry on.

You are correct but it is still the lowest gear. I'll be honest there are several other factors that add up to make this game suck. The bugs, exploits, exploiters, spammers, scammers, and garbage boons.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just stopping by to tell you that even PvP t1 gear and cheap off-gear accessories (rings/belts/cloaks) from AH, when enchanted properly are all you need for PvP.

Carry on.

If I go and buy gear from AH this mean that someone did dungeons to obtain it. Isn't that PVE stuff ?
    In games like WoW or Tera if player want to do PVP he must obtain PVP gear which one is useless in PVE.
    edited September 2013
    goldheart wrote: »
    If I go and buy gear from AH this mean that someone did dungeons to obtain it. Isn't that PVE stuff ?
    In games like WoW or Tera if player want to do PVP he must obtain PVP gear which one is useless in PVE.

Yes that is mainly PVE stuff since the PVP stuff is now "BOP". BOP = Soulbound in Tera. I am curious why you are playing neverwinter if you played Tera? I went from Neverwinter to Tera, still play Neverwinter a little but the content lacking compared to Tera.

Granted the higher level PVE stuff is better than the PVP stuff in Neverwinter.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Yes that is mainly PVE stuff since the PVP stuff is now "BOP". BOP = Soulbound in Tera. I am curious why you are playing neverwinter if you played Tera? I went from Neverwinter to Tera, still play Neverwinter a little but the content lacking compared to Tera.

Granted the higher level PVE stuff is better than the PVP stuff in Neverwinter.

From few days I wonder too - why ...
    edited September 2013
    From few days I wonder too - why ...

I stick around because I spent to much time and money on Neverwinter and Neverwinter is a nice break from the grind of leveling in Tera. Neverwinter =lvl 60 in days. Tera = level 60 in weeks or months. I may ditch Neverwinter completely once I get my Tera Warrior up to 60. PVP in Neverwinter is the only daily I do now along with the the daily Shanadar grind.

• munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I stick around because I spent to much time and money on Neverwinter and Neverwinter is a nice break from the grind of leveling in Tera. Neverwinter =lvl 60 in days. Tera = level 60 in weeks or months. I may ditch Neverwinter completely once I get my Tera Warrior up to 60. PVP in Neverwinter is the only daily I do now.

I might have to log into Tera again. I've got a nasty 57 mage. I only quit because all my buddies stopped playing.

I cant remember are there different servers or all one?
    edited September 2013
    In most MMOs fast leveling is about knowing the game.
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I might have to log into Tera again. I've got a nasty 57 mage. I only quit because all my buddies stopped playing.

I cant remember are there different servers or all one?

Yes, the guild I am a member of is on Tempest Reach. It has some of the same members from my Neverwinter guild.
    In most MMOs fast leveling is about knowing the game.

In Neverwinter leveling is a joke because it can be done so easily. You can level so fast you out level the story line quests and become blocked from doing them. In Tera you are able to level and still do story line quests even if you are a higher level than them. Tera is such a much bigger world that there will still be plenty of content even if you rely on Battleground/PVP to level quickly. Neverwinter would be much better if you could do the story line quests that are for a lower level. That means a player can level using xp from PVP/Foundry/invoking and still be able to fully do the story line like in Tera. But even with Battleground/PVP and XP boosts it still takes much longer to level in Tera.

• hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    You are correct but it is still the lowest gear. I'll be honest there are several other factors that add up to make this game suck. The bugs, exploits, exploiters, spammers, scammers, and garbage boons.

Come on, it's not THAT bad. What I am trying to say, is that you can get battle-ready within hours of gameplay (instead of months) and experience PvP's fast pace, while having an active role in the matchup.

Also the fact that secondary gear is not expensive in AH, makes it even more attractive. Plus you always have the option to fork out money and get some gear, instead of farming it for ever (which is effectively the same money WoW would ask for, if you went for the 3-5 months grinding).
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
    edited September 2013
    Come on, it's not THAT bad. What I am trying to say, is that you can get battle-ready within hours of gameplay (instead of months) and experience PvP's fast pace, while having an active role in the matchup.

Also the fact that secondary gear is not expensive in AH, makes it even more attractive. Plus you always have the option to fork out money and get some gear, instead of farming it for ever (which is effectively the same money WoW would ask for, if you went for the 3-5 months grinding).

Man, see I did that you said when I reach 60 lvl and at moment I have near 10k GS but this do not resolve the problems that NWO have with PVP / PVP items.
    edited September 2013

You are right, better than doing PVP with blue/green gear. I use to get PVP gear for guild members as soon as they turned level 60 until the devs made it BOP. The other issues that make Neverwinter suck have nothing to do with the PVP gear. I just threw it in.

edited September 2013
    The sword from Domination is best and cheapest T1 sword for my GWF for moment, and it can be obtains far easy than any dungeon T1 sword.
    edited September 2013
    Yes, there are many examples of PvP gear that is better than PvE gear, even for PvE reasons. Also, mind you, that the T2 PvP sets are only 5% (almost) better than the T1 ones.

The difference is not in the gear but on the enchants.
    edited September 2013
    Yes but is useless to enchant with stone T1 sword - no ?
    Also my +6 Blue Armor is better than most T1 epic armors ....
    edited September 2013
    I don't know about your blue armor, but the PvP set bonuses in most classes rock.

Anyway, let's don't derail the thread more...
    edited September 2013
    I don't know about your blue armor, but the PvP set bonuses in most classes rock.

Anyway, let's don't derail the thread more...

The thread already served its purpose to be honest.

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Threads exactly like this are going to last forever...

Even if they completely nerf TR's to where the average TR goes 0/15 in PvP there will be 1 geared to the teeth TR left that can still kill people and there will be no shortage of complainers about him on the forums, even if they steamroll every other TR they meet.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    CWs whining about TRs need to L2P. I've been running with Shield on Tab quite often during matches. I love getting hit for a LB from stealth that does 2k damage! Impact shots are not hard to endure either. After all of that, Choke, RoE, and Repel away. MMissle finishes them off.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    CWs whining about TRs need to L2P. I've been running with Shield on Tab quite often during matches. I love getting hit for a LB from stealth that does 2k damage! Impact shots are not hard to endure either. After all of that, Choke, RoE, and Repel away. MMissle finishes them off.

This deserves a "don't try this at home" disclaimer for any CWs who don't know how Shield works, because any intelligent TR will lob a dagger at you or wait for someone else to sneeze on you and diminish your shield before unloading a LB. This is one of the reasons you don't see Shield used often by highly geared CWs.

That being said, I don't want to pooh-pooh anyone else's playstyle. I'm open minded enough to accept that Shield might have some amazing use I'm unaware of, but if so, I haven't found it.

*Sorry, slight derailing from TR land into CW land*
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• rando12467rando12467 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013

PVP is not 1 CW vs 1 TR. It is 5 vs 5. This kind of CW powers set up doesn't deal much damage or offer much control/debuff help to the team. I don't see what benefits it brings other than letting you to survive TRs a little better.

IMO, the best defense is offense and not afraid to die. You don't lose points by dying but gain points by killing/assisting anyway. I will take 15 deaths and win the match any time instead of 3 deaths and lose 25 to 1000.

You can also kill the TRs from above if they play fair but what I am saying is "if" because I found many of them using quick power-switching macros to get behind players high up the ledges.
  • herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    What Trace said is actually on point...

In the heat of Battle alot of people don't pay attention to some specifics and will try to Lashing Blade a shielded CW...

I am guilty of it and some well known TR's have done it to my CW.
    edited September 2013
    rando12467 wrote: »

You can also kill the TRs from above if they play fair but what I am saying is "if" because I found many of them using quick power-switching macros to get behind players high up the ledges.

Please explain exactly you found them using a quick power switching macro? I ask because I want accusations backed up and to see if I can detect it as well.

Very interesting question. Honestly when a CW attacks from one of the pillars near the point 2 in the Hot pvp map I simply run up the bridge and get to them by jumping off the bridge to the pillar. It is funny catching them from surprise.

edited September 2013
    Please explain exactly you found them using a quick power switching macro? I ask because I want accusations backed up and to see if I can detect it as well.

Very interesting question. Honestly when a CW attacks from one of the pillars near the point 2 in the Hot pvp map I simply run up the bridge and get to them by jumping off the bridge to the pillar. It is funny catching them from surprise.

Only Cryptic can officially tell/detect external programs running in their games. But when you are high up in the sky looking down at node 2, see a TR throws a smoke bomb/LB combo to kill a player, only to be attacked by another player and immediately become IMMUNED and start throwing impact shots, and now he finds you high up the ledge and immediately jumped behind you and LB again. Is it humanly possible to switch skills so many times in a split second?
    edited September 2013
    Only Cryptic can officially tell/detect external programs running in their games. But when you are high up in the sky looking down at node 2, see a TR throws a smoke bomb/LB combo to kill a player, only to be attacked by another player and immediately become IMMUNED and start throwing impact shots, and now he finds you high up the ledge and immediately jumped behind you and LB again. Is it humanly possible to switch skills so many times in a split second?

So it is speculation and no proof. I have seen similar quick power changes on CWs and other classes. Do I speculate if its cheating or not? No, I just roll with it and try to do my best. I normally do smoke bomb, path of blades, and go stealth to sneak up on the CW that is up there to catch them by surprise. Works too easily.

edited September 2013
    So it is speculation and no proof. I have seen similar quick power changes on CWs and other classes. Do I speculate if its cheating or not? No, I just roll with it and try to do my best.

Again, nobody other than Cryptic can prove anything. It is their games and their jobs to detect such things.

Such macros can certainly be used on other classes but they don't seem to have that many benefits to keep changing skills. Maybe that's the reason they don't seem to be find changing skills frequently and rapidly.

In the case of CWs killing from above, that's the weakness to TRs since the other classes can knock them off with their skills or take a much longer time to get killed than the TRs. Under normal gameplays, TRs come out of the shadows and stab the CWs to death and CWs laughing at TRs from up high like they are chickens with their heads cut off are the balance of this game. Each class has some advantages over skills and terrains, if everything is being used as intended.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    About Tera, don't forget that Bas Rutten himself, did the commercials.

Bas Rutten - focus group
    Bas Rutten - cocoon of refreshment

And Bas... Bas is THE man... one of my alltime favorite MMA fighters. Tera is awful, though xD

edited September 2013
    About Tera, don't forget that Bas Rutten himself, did the commercials.

Bas Rutten - focus group
    Bas Rutten - cocoon of refreshment

And Bas... Bas is THE man... one of my alltime favorite MMA fighters. Tera is awful, though xD

.....you probably think Neverwinter is bad *** and awesomesauce......lol Everyone has an opinion.

Lets see Tera, bigger world, more classes, more attacks, and more content. The Tera grind to lvl 60 is awful.

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    .....you probably think Neverwinter is bad *** and awesomesauce......lol Everyone has an opinion.

Nah i'm still playing Aion. I know Aion is hated by many, but i just love the open world pvp.
    I Do play NW daily, but not as much as i used to, due to the lack of PvP development.

edited September 2013
    Nah i'm still playing Aion. I know Aion is hated by many, but i just love the open world pvp.
    I Do play NW daily, but not as much as i used to, due to the lack of PvP development.

Ah, I was comparing Tera to Neverwinter. Compared to Neverwinter it is a hell of alot better. Not played Aion yet.

• tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Again, nobody other than Cryptic can prove anything. It is their games and their jobs to detect such things.

Such macros can certainly be used on other classes but they don't seem to have that many benefits to keep changing skills. Maybe that's the reason they don't seem to be find changing skills frequently and rapidly.

In the case of CWs killing from above, that's the weakness to TRs since the other classes can knock them off with their skills or take a much longer time to get killed than the TRs. Under normal gameplays, TRs come out of the shadows and stab the CWs to death and CWs laughing at TRs from up high like they are chickens with their heads cut off are the balance of this game. Each class has some advantages over skills and terrains, if everything is being used as intended.

if they play above circles instead of on it`s usualy their own loss, so no laughs if they care about the win ;p
    but if they have enough ad etc. then yes. they maybe can laugh.