test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we have an answer about TR in PVP from Cryptic?

Comments

• Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Not sure if incompetent or just naive.

GWF = tank

TR = dps

Trying to tell us that tanks should not tank and TR should dps + tank at the same time makes 0 sense, fyi.

And this is the end of the story, if you like it or not.

Bye.

Perhaps your reading comprehension is worse than i expected, should have thought such low IQ from a person with such statements anyways.

TR "tankness" is only 5 seconds on immunity which requires him to consume his slealth+ impossible to catch, simply stay away from him when he is "blackened". IF you throw your DPS at him while he is "blackened" then you are an absolute moron.

All you need to do is staying 5 secs away from him, and then you kill him him in 2 or 3 shots because they are squishy as hell.

Now about your idiotic statement of claiming that i said that tanks shouldn't tank, i never said that, i was trying to say that TR's 5 seconds immunity is not even close to be comparable with GWF's since you need minimum 3 people to kill a sent GWF whilst you need 3 encounters to kill a TR.

And really, if you are having issues spotting a stealthed TR, then you need to learn PvP more.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Now to get back on topic, the TR "huge" damage comes from the ridiculous armor penetration we have from our battle field set.

So if you want to deal lots of damage, slot armor penetration on any of your classes and watch TRs getting face rolled in 2 hits by a CW.
  • Options
    abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Now to get back on topic, the TR "huge" damage comes from the ridiculous armor penetration we have from our battle field set.

So if you want to deal lots of damage, slot armor penetration on any of your classes and watch TRs getting face rolled in 2 hits by a CW.
    I'd like to watch it but I can't see the TR. (couldn't resist, hehe)

On a serious note I stack armor pen, even if teneb would be better, but 2 shotting rogues... with a daily yes, otherwise no.

I've seen rogues with 2k+ reflect/def and 1k+ regen. They really can take a punch.
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Dude impact shot is dodgeable, it takes 1 sec to throw the thing(not sure what they're throwing) once u succeed to dodge, u can CC them, if they use immune well keep dodging until the ITC is done(ITC can last 3 or 5secs). Remember ur class is the most OP in dodging. U can also use ur Shield(The purple aura around a CW) since ur class is very squishy and u know that the TR is the main single dpser here in this game why not use it if ur having a lot of problem with the TR? well sacrificing one slot for that shield might give u trouble dealing with other classes especially the GWF, we can't do anything about it ur class must have a weakness. TRs weakness is a well geared GWF especially the sentinel GWF, it's truly "Unstoppable" it takes ages and skill to kill them and we have a very low chance of winning without using a daily like SE(Ignores defense and damage is based on how much health the enemy is missing) But TRs primary role in PvE is to focus the Boss and attack in and out in the battle. ITC plays an important role for us in PvE, so sorry ITC cannot be nerf if u are asking.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree, Tr have a too high survivability. This has to be addressed and changed. they can tank better in pvp than the actual tanks, while taking no damage they can faceroll, which is a no-go.

sweet LMAO on this one XD
    Veno Forever <3
  • Options
    idontwinitskkidontwinitskk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abacuser wrote: »
    I've seen rogues with 2k+ reflect/def and 1k+ regen. They really can take a punch.

I'd love to see that since i'm sure achieving 2k deflect and def with a rogue in itself is virtually impossible even with stacking the worst possible PvE gear just to get to those stats.Equiping like a braindead monkey just to get a few extra defense % and do zero dmg since you have no arpen and being squishier since you'll be missing a few thousand hp for the extra chanse of deflect rng saving you isn't a valid way to play rogue in PvP.Sorry.

If you replace the 2k with 20% then yes,getting over 20%(not a lot over,just over.) in both def/deflect with 1k regen is possible.
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another thread where someone got killed by skilled rogue (their words)
    We got nerfed and people still not happy, sure if you crit you can't do 14k impact shots. But when TR's stack crit and have a Vorpal, what do people expect.

CW's of all class who can chain stun you to death is as bad as a class that can one shot you, the end result is the same, you can't do anything.

CW's just get pissed that if they meet a TR who knows how to beat a CW they have ITC equipped meaning no chain stun, and CW's with constant teleport? Lol plz, less QQ more Pew pew.

They nerfed us, get over it and if you are still being killed by us, then time to think about sticking to PVE.
    Because same skilled CW's in my guild can kill me as a TR.
    Sorry but maybe I should start posting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> asking for CW nerf, but then I would just be as bad as the babies who really don't belong in pvp in the first place.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Perhaps your reading comprehension is worse than i expected, should have thought such low IQ from a person with such statements anyways.

TR "tankness" is only 5 seconds on immunity which requires him to consume his slealth+ impossible to catch, simply stay away from him when he is "blackened". IF you throw your DPS at him while he is "blackened" then you are an absolute moron.

All you need to do is staying 5 secs away from him, and then you kill him him in 2 or 3 shots because they are squishy as hell.

Now about your idiotic statement of claiming that i said that tanks shouldn't tank, i never said that, i was trying to say that TR's 5 seconds immunity is not even close to be comparable with GWF's since you need minimum 3 people to kill a sent GWF whilst you need 3 encounters to kill a TR.

And really, if you are having issues spotting a stealthed TR, then you need to learn PvP more.

Don't worry , embracemyarse has been crying for rogues to be nerfed since day 1. He was oh so smug when the supposedly OP'd "perma-stealth" build got a nerf, but he is butthurt because he still gets beaten even after rogues have been nerfed, and nerfed, and nerfed.
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rogues are fine. I farm them all day.

My best advice is to play are rogue for a lil bit and learn what to look for. I used to have problems with glass cannon GFs until I played the class. After I knew their limits, i wreck them daily.

Hate to say it but.......l2p.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rragle wrote: »
    Another thread where someone got killed by skilled rogue (their words)
    We got nerfed and people still not happy, sure if you crit you can't do 14k impact shots. But when TR's stack crit and have a Vorpal, what do people expect.

CW's of all class who can chain stun you to death is as bad as a class that can one shot you, the end result is the same, you can't do anything.

CW's just get pissed that if they meet a TR who knows how to beat a CW they have ITC equipped meaning no chain stun, and CW's with constant teleport? Lol plz, less QQ more Pew pew.

They nerfed us, get over it and if you are still being killed by us, then time to think about sticking to PVE.
    Because same skilled CW's in my guild can kill me as a TR.
    Sorry but maybe I should start posting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> asking for CW nerf, but then I would just be as bad as the babies who really don't belong in pvp in the first place.
    They nerfed ALL classes. Some of the TR skills too little though. I'm not ruling out that TR needs love on other skills.

I’ve met skilled GWF and GF kicking my but over and over, which I can handle by moving to strategic points or lure into my party. I don’t cry about it since I can see them and react.

I’ve met crappy rogues kicking my but before I can react.

End result? I can react to all classes but stealthed TR.

If I wanted to play a game where skill doesn't count you would find me at the roulette table.
  • Options
    sphosphosphosphosphosphosphospho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree, Tr have a too high survivability. This has to be addressed and changed. they can tank better in pvp than the actual tanks, while taking no damage they can faceroll, which is a no-go.

Let's hope the developers swing the nerf bat into the proper direction, when the next update gets released.

errmmm.....are you serious?
    38kills.png
  • Options
    rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Id like to throw my two copper in here and agree with those claiming that TR needs a further adjustment when it comes to pvp.

I'm a seasoned pvp'er who has faced everything the game has to offer in terms of class builds and I have to say that TR seems a TAD too tanky in general. A fast, agile, stealth based class should not be able to face-tank me (a GF) one on one without ItC active, full stop. I don't have problems with TR's mostly as i know how to counter their 'powers' but from a stat perspective, am am seeing the ability to stack high deflect AND defense with a negligible drop off in attack power. I'm not here to whine about the class, I in fact HAVE a TR myself. I'm just here to give my observations and the suggestion that there be a minor tweak in terms of survivability due to equipment setups.

To clarify my point:

A TR should operate on a skill = reward basis, wherein well timed powers and stealth dictate survivability and successful kills. As it stands, TR's have the highest single target DPS in the game. Is this, plus powers not enough to even the odds against a class that is intended to be tanky?

Rant over :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • Options
    wilswilswilswils Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can only crit very very high on CWs and other Rogues, GWFs GFs and DCs are impossible to kill that fast as a rogue.
    And when i played my CW i had no problem killing rogues either. Just use your eyes to spot rogues before they stealth.

And please stop complaining about them being OP, GWFs and GFs are OP to the rogues aswell.
    Lord Killington, enough said.
  • Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic up when want to apply a real rogue nerf she ends up giving him a buff in the final, because of TRs saying that the class is balanced and does not need nerf. Cryptic needs to understand that nobody likes to be killed with one hit and see the enemy virtually immune to every 20s.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    my 5 cents: just play a dc in pvp and never stop crying at all, because he will die to any other class no matter what...
  • Options
    idontwinitskkidontwinitskk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    my 5 cents: just play a dc in pvp and never stop crying at all, because he will die to any other class no matter what...

That would be funny if DC's weren't the gods of tanking.
  • Options
    anakins79anakins79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Let's hope the developers swing the nerf bat into the proper direction, when the next update gets released.

sad really you are embarassing-.-

CW's cant kill TR's? Balls!
    you WAS pro in others games?And?We dont really care.i remember in the past the best player in "paintkiller"(nickname fatal1ty aka Johnathan Wendel) he going to "Counterstrike" and he was kicked from a pro clan because he was a ****...so AGAIN learn to play dude. D&D TR's Rules going to stealth....doing a lot dps dmg...and kill or escape because he havent survivability(20k more or less).It's D&D game. CW's to counter him...mmm...too simple with teleport's and dodge-.-Tr's can still kills mages but they can be killed by them.

so the key is:learn to play ignorant

P.s. the Tr's now it's too nerfed but you still cry=another tr nerf= we can play cards at the respw
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWF, GF and DC do not disturb me. I can move away and plan accordingly, maybe hit a pot on the way and mount up behind a corner to come back later. Also look at the map and get help from my group.

As someone else already stated. You have no problems fighting 3 of the 5 classes, but you need and require Cryptic to "fix" it so you can not be "disturbed" by a 4th class..
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The ONLY TR's that can one shot my CW have a perfect vorpal and even then it's 50/50 whether they do enough to kill me in 1 hit. Perfect vorpal is what 12mil+? very very few have it, quit crying for nerf b/c of the 10 best geared TR's on server.

If you can truly never kill a TR as CW you are very very bad. You must have no understand of their class mechanics if this is the case. CW's can dodge 4 times in the time TR can dodge 2, you just have to play smart and not stand there while TR is in ItC slicing your face off...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    chieftain8489chieftain8489 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did someone die in PvP? Next victim please. Its like the guy said earlier in this thread, its a game of rock, paper, scissors. Yes there will be a class that can kill you but there will be a class that can kill him. Just put your head on a swivel and watch your back. Adjust your fighting style and move on. Its PvP.
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    its a game of rock, paper, scissors. Yes there will be a class that can kill you but there will be a class that can kill him

this /10char
  • Options
    maniacmarianomaniacmariano Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ahh, learn to play!!! I haven’t heard that one before!

I’ve won a few competitions at shopping malls and game fairs and gotten among other things a Nintendo.

I played in the number one Quake CTF team in Sweden in the 90ths, Cute, and we remained unbeaten until we started playing EQ. We also won against the number one team in Holland and England.

In EQ I won the Bard Best of the Best on Veeshan – mostly against Fires of Heaven bards.

Then we had a kid so only some months of EQ 2 and then a few months of WoW.

Before this game I came from Rift where I played a mage in Parabellum, the number one guild in the world when I played (world first Maelforge and done with ID). Most likely I was one of the top 3 mages in PVP EU.
    Bragging? Maybe a little, but just to make my point about how stupid PVP in this game is.

I would like to ask you if you can teach me to play but you can’t since TR is way over the top and you probably aren’t as skilled as you think. Give me a TR and I’ll solo a GF no problem.

The nature of this game is broken. The sooner you understand the better.

Lol, Rift. What a lie. Parabellum was a joke. MMAC was considered the bext PvP guild, and we rick rolled Menaace and his best of the best team, with myself (Pesmergia cleric), another bad cleric who healed half of what I did, Lithmygoo, Brextar, Mysteria. Actually we spawn camped them, and THEY were considered the best PvP guild until we made them all leave Rift after that happened they all disappeared.

What was your supposed amazing mages name? And no, don't say Meduza, because I know for a fact you aren't.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    As someone else already stated. You have no problems fighting 3 of the 5 classes, but you need and require Cryptic to "fix" it so you can not be "disturbed" by a 4th class..
    Yes, I have no problem with 4 classes. Not that I always win but I don't have any trouble losing when I can make decisions how to handle the encounter. Sometimes I lose against a good player and I still think it’s fun and challenging… trying to improve myself.

Even a crappy rogue doing Impact Shots is a problem. I will kill them 19 out of 20 times because they suck but still, especially if they have good ping, can do substantial damage from stealth. This gives me nothing more than irritation. I can’t improve.

Am I unclear here?

Ok, try doing a PVE instance where 40 % of the trash and bosses are invis. They have the ability to take away 25 to 50 % of your life without you seeing them. If you face two at the same time you can die without seeing them. Sounds fun?

Not really? Normal PVE encounters can do the same but you can have an action plan to prevent it.

That is the basic in most games. Easy to learn but hard to master. Here it’s impossible to master since you don’t know or see it thus making the game suck.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Lol, Rift. What a lie. Parabellum was a joke. MMAC was considered the bext PvP guild, and we rick rolled Menaace and his best of the best team, with myself (Pesmergia cleric), another bad cleric who healed half of what I did, Lithmygoo, Brextar, Mysteria. Actually we spawn camped them, and THEY were considered the best PvP guild until we made them all leave Rift after that happened they all disappeared.

What was your supposed amazing mages name? And no, don't say Meduza, because I know for a fact you aren't.
    In EQ my name was Abac. In Rift it was Abacus and here it is Abac.

Yes, when I played we downed Maelforge legit world first and thereby clearing all content before anyone else. I left Rift the week before the expansion came last falls.

Please mind PVP was bound to continents and I played on an EU server, not US server. Also, there was no official ranking system for PVP. By saying the best guild in the world I talk about PVE.
  • Options
    maniacmarianomaniacmariano Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In EQ my name was Abac. In Rift it was Abacus and here it is Abac.

Yes, when I played we downed Maelforge legit world first and thereby clearing all content before anyone else. I left Rift the week before the expansion came last falls.

Please mind PVP was bound to continents and I played on an EU server, not US server. Also, there was no official ranking system for PVP. By saying the best guild in the world I talk about PVE.

Saying top PvE guild in a PvP forum? Why?

Also proof to my post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRNTDUxxEwQ

^ this was literally right before GW2 released, then MMAC disappeared.
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All I still hear is

"Wahhhh I can't kill a class, but its ok for me to perma stun classes, wahhhhhh one class can prevent this and kill me wahhhhh!"

Learn to play

Because otherwise perma knockback from gf is fine, when after the first one has landed you can't avoid that at all.

Stick to pve and leave pvp to the grow ups!
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Less QQ and More L2P. Resolves all PvP issues.
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It sounds like more CWs need to slot shield in mastery with all this QQ.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rragle wrote: »
    Stick to pve and leave pvp to the grow ups!
    1. I'm probably older than you so grow up!
    2. I don't play PVE in this game unless I'm forced to.
    3. Read what this thread is about. You never go full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like you just did.
    EDIT: 4. You really shouldn't have skipped those classes in school. It makes the content of what you write less trustworthy.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Less QQ and More L2P. Resolves all PvP issues.
    Please teach me oh skilled master gamer.