test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we have an answer about TR in PVP from Cryptic?

Comments

• silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i have not com by any CW that can kill me alone XD they in fact hate me cause i usually tend to lock attack them don't care about the rest till i kill the CW lol.

also don't think you have fougth a GWF ful sentinel tene :S i hate them they are the ones that usually kill me if we are doing only 1x1 XD, TR are good now i think perma stealth is not that much of a probelm anymore now that they do not deal high amount of damage.
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Saying top PvE guild in a PvP forum? Why?
    Oh, is this a PVP forum? My bad, I thought it was a forum for - Gameplay, Combat, and PvP Discussion?

Otherwise you can head over to Art and Fiction to check if they are posting in the correct forum?
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am one of those TR's that hunts down CW's before they can WTFPWN ME. And immune? yeah CW bafffles the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me sometimes with their immunity as well. Timing a max distance lashing? It means you got hit with impact with lurkers on from stealth, some CoS and still were in range for a double roll lashing blade to the face. You kind of deserve to die at that point, HOWEVER.. some GOOD cw's still manage to get away or their whole team comes and solves the TR problem together..
    Seriously since patch I am dominating the games LESS as a TR. Many here from Mindflayer might attest to me being on top of the boards most often on my TR - Belile@kanenan <Devious>, but anyone with skill and cunning can bring me down. Im not chuck norris.
    - behold, halflings.
    edited August 2013
    kanenan wrote: »
    Timing a max distance lashing?
    With max distance I mean 14 range, Lashings limit.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abacuser wrote: »
    1. I'm probably older than you so grow up!

Mmm, if that's the case, someone older than 37 wouldn't come to the forum crying like a baby because they get killed by a class.

You spend all your time in pvp?
    muhahahaha

What a load of crock, no one would post that dribble if they did.

4x a day for dailies is your limit I am guessing.

Rofl at those who come to the forum asking for nerfs, when they should be coming to forum asking for help on how to play!
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    rragle wrote: »
    Mmm, if that's the case, someone older than 37 wouldn't come to the forum crying like a baby because they get killed by a class.

You spend all your time in pvp?
    muhahahaha

What a load of crock, no one would post that dribble if they did.

Rofl at those who come to the forum asking for nerfs, when they should be coming to forum asking for help on how to play!

I think most leavers/complainers are 4x a day and only in it for the AD. Should lose your daily until the next day for leaving a match IMO, that would curb leaving a lot.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited August 2013
    Yes, how did you know?
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Actually, 2x would be enough for me since my team normally always win.

Your team not winning that often?

LOL why are you on the forums moaning and crying then?
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    LOL why are you on the forums moaning and crying then?
    Most PUGs suck big time. It's not Average Joe I'm talking about here. It's the guys from Globo Gym.
  • stylepilestylepile Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll weigh in on this again. I have all 5 classes very well geared(TR somewhat well geared but so many are available i just don't ever use it). I've come to believe it is a l2p issue.

Since this post is coming from a CW I'll focus on that. The most troublesome build for a CW facing a rogue is executioner(permastealth is meh. just about timing.) The rogue will usually be carrying ItC, lashing and impact shot. Fighting this kind of rogue can be daunting because they usually just unleash their whole arsenal on you at once. This might leave you with half or less health left and most CW's will panic at this point. You just have to wait until they expend all their encounters and hopefully dodge their LS. If you can do this they are toast. Chain CC and dead.

If the Rogue has a perfect vorpal and connects on all his CoS and Impact shots, your probably dead. But if you are anywhere near a teammate the rogue will be building up his CoS and Impacts again and that leaves them extremely vulnerable. If they are running for a pot or tying to let their encounters regen this takes them out of the fight for a bit and that is good for the whole team. You sacrificed yourself for the good of the team.

Also, a good CW has at lease a little defense. I have 2.2K on my wiz at the expense of a little damage but it helps a ton in PvE and PvP. From my perspective a CW is best for support and secondary DPS in PvP. Lock down that player for someone else to help you kill. Yes I can kill any class by myself and if i hit a number of crits the fight can be over very fast. But without Ice-Knife you are going to have to sustain. That's where defense comes in.

Also, if there is a Sent GWF or a highly skilled/geared rogue back-capping your point. Don't go by yourself. If you do just be ready for a long sustained fight.
    edited August 2013
    stylepile wrote: »
    I'll weigh in on this again. I have all 5 classes very well geared(TR somewhat well geared but so many are available i just don't ever use it). I've come to believe it is a l2p issue.

Since this post is coming from a CW I'll focus on that. The most troublesome build for a CW facing a rogue is executioner(permastealth is meh. just about timing.) The rogue will usually be carrying ItC, lashing and impact shot. Fighting this kind of rogue can be daunting because they usually just unleash their whole arsenal on you at once. This might leave you with half or less health left and most CW's will panic at this point. You just have to wait until they expend all their encounters and hopefully dodge their LS. If you can do this they are toast. Chain CC and dead.

If the Rogue has a perfect vorpal and connects on all his CoS and Impact shots, your probably dead. But if you are anywhere near a teammate the rogue will be building up his CoS and Impacts again and that leaves them extremely vulnerable. If they are running for a pot or tying to let their encounters regen this takes them out of the fight for a bit and that is good for the whole team. You sacrificed yourself for the good of the team.

Also, a good CW has at lease a little defense. I have 2.2K on my wiz at the expense of a little damage but it helps a ton in PvE and PvP. From my perspective a CW is best for support and secondary DPS in PvP. Lock down that player for someone else to help you kill. Yes I can kill any class by myself and if i hit a number of crits the fight can be over very fast. But without Ice-Knife you are going to have to sustain. That's where defense comes in.

Also, if there is a Sent GWF or a highly skilled/geared rogue back-capping your point. Don't go by yourself. If you do just be ready for a long sustained fight.
    Nice post, thanks for sharing. :)

I'm between 900-1100 def. Right now it almost feel like regen is better to stack due to the changes with pots. Especially when you are holding a base.
    edited August 2013
    Most PUGs suck big time. It's not Average Joe I'm talking about here. It's the guys from Globo Gym.

So from your previous posts I can deduce that you consider yourself much better than the average pug and that you win most matches. So to the average pug you are the overgeared one that is crushing them all the time.

Yes there are going to be people with perfect vorpals and rank 9's that put quite a sum of money into the game. You have to realize that it is because of them that we are playing this game for free. I don't mind seeing the decked out players at all, they keep the game running and I'm enjoying the game a ton, thank you everyone that spends a bunch of money =)

Just as style said, this is truly a L2P issue... if TR's are your problem then you need to work on dodging and if it really makes you that mad slot steal time or something large aoe. I catch a stealthed rogue in my daze daily all the time and slaughter him from full health, if you aren't facing them many times they think you are casting at someone else.
  • dromesiusdromesius Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As a TR it annoys me that my Impossible to Catch sometimes won't work. If I get attacked at the same time with a control power as I use impossible, it won't work, I'll take the full effect of the control power and will probably die. Any way to fix this? I also have to say, we have just been nerfed for "long range" by reducing our cloud of steel from 12 charges to 8. This reduces the damage that I can do severely (from 13-15k to less than 10k most times). I see that this post is from yesterday so I must say, I've come across formidable opponents from all classes. I can kill any class and any class can kill me (I have over 10k gs and have been killed by DC too) so if you're complaining I must say, work on getting better first. There's good games and bad games, just work through it.
    edited August 2013
    So from your previous posts I can deduce that you consider yourself much better than the average pug and that you win most matches. So to the average pug you are the overgeared one that is crushing them all the time.
    Yes, but they can see me all along while they die.
    Just as style said, this is truly a L2P issue... if TR's are your problem then you need to work on dodging and if it really makes you that mad slot steal time or something large aoe. I catch a stealthed rogue in my daze daily all the time and slaughter him from full health, if you aren't facing them many times they think you are casting at someone else.
    It's not about L2P or L3P or even 3CPO. It's about TR able to kill, or even take half of anyones life, risk free from stealth. This without even D.A.R.Y.L. able to do anything to prevent it.

If the TR needs 11 ninja rolls instead in PVP, give it to them.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you are moaning about the guys from "Globo gym"

Then that's where you will always fail.

Because like you said already, you pvp 4 times a day for dailies. Those from the top end, tend to spend most of there time pvp'ing, even doing in house premade vs premade as no other guild bothers to challenge them anymore as they lose and it's no fun.
    So the learn to play term is true here, when alot of people in the meta just practice loads.
    One reason why I won't roll as a premade vs a pug, as there is no fun!
    And reason u will never find me with more than 1 guild mate unless one joined by RNG.
    edited August 2013
    If you are moaning about the guys from "Globo gym"

Then that's where you will always fail.

Because like you said already, you pvp 4 times a day for dailies. Those from the top end, tend to spend most of there time pvp'ing, even doing in house premade vs premade as no other guild bothers to challenge them anymore as they lose and it's no fun.
    So the learn to play term is true here, when alot of people in the meta just practice loads.
    One reason why I won't roll as a premade vs a pug, as there is no fun!
    And reason u will never find me with more than 1 guild mate unless one joined by RNG.
    The part of 4x per day was a joke. :)

The last months I guess I've averaged about 6 hours per day in PVP. Since the patch it has become way less though. Doesn't feel like there is a PVP future in this game.
    edited August 2013
    The part of 4x per day was a joke. :)

The last months I guess I've averaged about 6-8 hours per day in PVP. Since the patch it has become way less though. Doesn't feel like there is a PVP future in this game.

Ther was never a pvp start in this game, they balance classes around pvp, when there isn't any.

Cryptic dont have a clue, or they would make abilities differ in pvp than they do in pve.

Basic common sense that they struggle with.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The BIGGEST thing that people dont realize about this game is each "encounter" with an opponant is generally very short and the game is designed to be fast paced in combat...

Its NOT like WoW world pvp where you can 1v1 and jump around terrain and use all this combo of skills to either win or die.

What it IS is that each class has their 3 encounters that typically do alot of damage. If 1 person is free to unload those encounters on another, they will generally kill that person very fast. What YOU need to then realize is that they have wasted all their CDs on you, and are now open and vulnerable.

This is the exact case with TRs, yes they lashing/impact you and you die fast, but how easy is it to kill 1 that YOU get the drop on? pretty simple... So think of that TR who blows you up, then a GF perma stun comes along and 3 shots him because he used his entire stealth meter blowing up the CW...

I have played 3 classes at high lvl 60 pvp and can say each class has its own strengths in a GROUP. This game ISNT designed around PVP at all, and what "tailoring" to pvp it DOES have is balanced more around GROUP pvp NOT 1v1 pvp...

So take that into consideration because I have pvpd a ton and would say there isnt 1 insanely OP spec that dominates everyone/every class.

It really is a rock/paper/scissors game..
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please. Stop posting this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the forums. You "so you say" can --->easily<--- solo all other class's. But somehow...because a TR beats you you cry nerf?

This...is definately a L2P issue with you friend. Ask any skilled well geared TR who PvP's alot out there who there hard counter is............Guess it yet? Yup..its a CW.

I play a helluva TR, and a good CW is my most feared enemy in PvP. Ridiculous range with huge burst, Defense debuffs, excellent CC. I really dont see your problem.

You talk about a combo...LA/LB, or just LB +Impact Shot >ItC owning you. Well...TR's are MELEE dps..We have to be CLOSE. ****in A right your going to be close to death, if not dead if a well geared TR hits you with all 4...FOUR mind you, of those encounters/abilities.

But guess what. A CW is identical when at range. Many a times I've been burst to death before I could even get near the CW. Why? Because they arent bad, and they use there features the class has given them. RANGE. They play at range, and stay at range.

Also, if you havent played a TR in PvP then you've got no room to talk about anything at all anyway. If you only knew how many LB's you are dodging because this game has buggy dodge mechanics, then you wouldnt be even mentioning it. If you dont know what I'm talking about then go make a TR and find out for yourself how "easy mode" TR's are in PvP.

Everytime I see threads like this I laugh. A large majority of you bads think you just role a TR and go faceroll everyone in PvP. Well guess what, the only "facerolling" any bad TR is doing in PvP is against another bad. Anyone who pvps often in this game will be the first to tell you that.

Any class in this game is legit in PvP when the right driver is behind the wheel.....Thats all there is to it
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's rather ridiculous that classes keep being nerfed due to complaints about PvP.

The majority of players on this game do not even PvP.

If you don't like it, don't do it. Don't ruin the game for everyone else.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
    edited August 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Please. Stop posting this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the forums. You "so you say" can --->easily<--- solo all other class's. But somehow...because a TR beats you you cry nerf?

You really are the master at writing nonsense posts?

I have never said I can solo other classes easily. Some classes at certain level are super hard, if not impossible. Why do you make this up? Or are you referring to when I said I win in PUGs with ease (against 7k GS)?

You are a TR and see everything from your perspective. Is it really that hard to see the frustration from a CW perspective where you get killed without even seeing the opponent? Is that balanced or reasonable? If you think it is, which you probably do, please continue to live in your bubble but stop replying to my posts.
    edited August 2013
    zokir wrote: »
    It's rather ridiculous that classes keep being nerfed due to complaints about PvP.

The majority of players on this game do not even PvP.

If you don't like it, don't do it. Don't ruin the game for everyone else.
    I agree with you 100%.

The only way to go is to separate PVP from PVE.
  • kudzilkudzil Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Na man you just got tunnel vision cause rogues do pick on CWs (for darn good reason too). There are players out there of every class that are freaking nightmares. TRs require a lot of nuance to play effectively. You should try it before you say they need nerfed (again). You got plenty of weapons to manage. When I'm getting my butt kicked a lot I start thinking about what tactics and powers I can change around to be more effective. And then there are some fights I just ain't gonna win.

As a TR I am always cognizant of the fact that there is another TR out there stealth-ed most likely and I pay attention and be prepared. You can't just stand off and throw damage flat footed all day and expect to be safe. It's good for ya to be a little more paranoid. Your class is incredibly annoying :)

The ones that make me nuts are the fighters who can shield smash me from further away than I can throw a dagger? I dunno what that is or if its intended but that seems "off" to me.

And finally the best way I know to protect yourself from a TR as a CW is play as a team member with your TR. I love the CWs on my team and hate the ones against me. I kill opposing CWs and TRs after my CWs 1st (target aquisition 1&2). Maybe you should be more frustrated about team play ability that's what always drives me nuts.

What I really hate are CWs that play like Clerics so far back all the time they aren't supporting me they just retreat and retreat even though I'm keeping the bigger part of the mess off of them. All you CWs out there... I strike and cause chaos, then you hold em off a minute while I circle around for another run. Back and forth that's how its done effectively.
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    Yes, this is another thread about PVP and rogues. Why? Because I
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You really are the master at writing nonsense posts?

I have never said I can solo other classes easily. Some classes at certain level are super hard, if not impossible. Why do you make this up? Or are you referring to when I said I win in PUGs with ease (against 7k GS)?

You are a TR and see everything from your perspective. Is it really that hard to see the frustration from a CW perspective where you get killed without even seeing the opponent? Is that balanced or reasonable? If you think it is, which you probably do, please continue to live in your bubble but stop replying to my posts.

The only thing in this post that is nonsense is the fact you even wrote it. Stop complaining constantly, about everything.

CW's are TR's hard counter....period. TR's are CW's worst enemy....period. If you cant get that, then stop playing PvP.

A good CW can absolutely lock a TR down to death.

A good TR can destroy a CW if they get the jump on them.

I see no problem here. Other then you, starting a stupid thread everytime "you" believe another class is OP. L2P and stfu, seriously.
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree with you 100%.

The only way to go is to separate PVP from PVE.

Ab you are just a scrub at pvp. If rogues are giving you problems you need to reroll. I play against good CWs and they a major threat to us.

Stop qqing all day on the forums and learn the f'ing game. Stop asking the MMO gods (the devs) to do your work for you (nerf).
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
    edited August 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    The only thing in this post that is nonsense is the fact you even wrote it. Stop complaining constantly, about everything.
    I complain about two things:
    1. Your ability to stick to the truth.
    2. TR's ridiculous abilities.
    edited August 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    Ab you are just a scrub at pvp. If rogues are giving you problems you need to reroll. I play against good CWs and they a major threat to us.

Stop qqing all day on the forums and learn the f'ing game. Stop asking the MMO gods (the devs) to do your work for you (nerf).
    Ooo, hard words from a hard man!

Then again. You aren't a CW who's forced to play against two stealth TR 80% of the time. Where in some cases they both are chaining Impact shots from stealth against you? Yes? No? Maybe?

I tried to L2P in game but I didn't see them TR so now I'm playing the forum too where they are visible.

Unlike Cryptic who is perma stealthed here on the forum! Well, not when it comes to charging overprices to beta test their game.
  • desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2013
    I tried to L2P in game but I didn't see them TR so now I'm playing the forum too where they are visible.

when you dont see them, why dont you just make them visible?
    youre a CW, youre the king at doing so

Ah well
    -Desstzo
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Then again. You aren't a CW who's forced to play against two stealth TR 80% of the time. Where in some cases they both are chaining Impact shots from stealth against you? Yes? No? Maybe?

You're kidding, right? As a CW we have lots of ways to deal with TR's in or out of stealth. Unless they have ItC up they're easy meat. Are you speccing for straight up DPS and not using any CC in PvP? Even the basic cold based thaumaturge build which combines the two rather nicely shreds all but super geared and well-played TR's.

Even more importantly for PvP, it's a team sport. When you're being double-teamed by the other team's TR's, what is the rest of your side doing? CW's are as squishy as TR's, so you should not be trying to solo cap a point unless you are a)CC specced, b) very well-geared, and c) have great in-game situational awareness to avoid taking consistent damage from stealth.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.