test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we have an answer about TR in PVP from Cryptic?

abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Yes, this is another thread about PVP and rogues. Why? Because I’ve had it!!

I’m kindly asking you, Cryptic, to spread your ideas about PVP in NW here on the forum. What are your thoughts? Is it too much to ask to tell us about the game we’ve paid in and are playing. Are there any plans on fixing rogues in PVP or not?

In my guild only rogues play PVP now. I sometimes play PVP as a CW but when a skilled rogue enters I’m screwed if the rogue focuses me - which they tend to do since I'm a CW. Stealth + Impact shot x 4 + immune (some rogues are skilled at timing Lashing at max range too). It is 99 % safe risk vs reward. The very definition of full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!

In other words, there is no use in playing PVP against a skilled end game rogue no matter what gear or skill you have as a CW.

Unless it’s a sadistic pleasure where you in some weird way think it’s is fun/good/ok to kill from stealth and immune. Let me tell you, nobody else who plays a CW a lot in PVP thinks it’s fun. Trust me!

It is not about skill. It is very little about gear. It’s about utterly broken abilities usable in PVP.

What is the problem? Fix it! Seriously!

Will it take another 2 months when the next “balancing” patch comes? If you want PVP to survive you will have to do better than this. The honeymoon is over.

PS. If you haven’t met a rogue with Impact shots for 13+ k each post patch, please be silent and continue to play your PVE.
Post edited by abacuser on

Comments

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    You should try fighting a sentinel GWF.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would suggest you try fighting a DC but that would be a roflstomp.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can solo almost every GF and GWF.

I haven't tried Lemonades GWF/GF post patch though.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    abacuser wrote: »

If you didn't fight a sentinel tenebrous GWF before, then you haven't really fought a GWF. I assure you 100% you can't solo mine :).
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Ok so let me get this straight... You can solo MOST GF's and GWF's that come your way and soloing another CW is a throw up if equal gear and skill. You cant kill a good DC but they cant kill you as well leaving ONLY the TR and you are complaining?

You already can solo GF's and GWF's with ease (or at least so you say) and you want yet another class? Did you ever think that TR's are your counter class?
    edited August 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    Ok so let me get this straight... You can solo MOST GF's and GWF's that come your way and soloing another CW is a throw up if equal gear and skill. You cant kill a good DC but they cant kill you as well leaving ONLY the TR and you are complaining?

You already can solo GF's and GWF's with ease (or at least so you say) and you want yet another class? Did you ever think that TR's are your counter class?
    Well, the part "with ease" was your words. Not mine.

Solo a GWF is much about dodging while unstoppable. It takes time but if I have my daily up it can be done in reasonable time.

A GF can be real hard and again it’s about dodging the right attacks and keeping distance. Sometimes it can take well over 30 sec.

I can’t see a TR and they can chain attack+stun me and then, if I’m not dead, enter immunity and finish me off. I can’t do anything at all against those attacks.

Pre patch I didn’t stand a chance against Lemonades top GWF. They moved too fast and I guess some of them have better ping too?

GWF, GF and DC do not disturb me. I can move away and plan accordingly, maybe hit a pot on the way and mount up behind a corner to come back later. Also look at the map and get help from my group.

I don’t have any options with TR. I’m dead when they see me. I don’t see them.
    edited August 2013
    I agree, Tr have a too high survivability. This has to be addressed and changed. they can tank better in pvp than the actual tanks

Not sure if trolling or completely ignorant. It takes minimum 3 people to get my GWF down.
  • lucifer3205lucifer3205 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol another unskilled cw who cant kill a tr lol thats funny i have no problems beating them with my cw :) anyways quit crying or quit playing simple as that get better gear learn to play your class. lol and you want yet another nerf for rogues lol funny as **** i can play any class and kill rogues too easy now/ now a sentinel gwf thats not an easy task. but anyways a skilled cw can kill a rogue. but a skilled rogue with good gear a cw wont be able to do anything about it. anyways simple as this cws counter class is rogues. same as clerics most counter classes are everyone. rogues counter class =gwf or an annoying dps GF lol. GF counter class is CW's and gwf's counter class is :D the entire team
  • corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This is a rock paper scissors game. The sooner you understand the better

Im not a perma stealth rogue I prioritize pve damage so im out of stealth most of the time. Yes I agree that CWs are a joke for me but at the same time if I fight a decent GF I cant do anything. not only cant I move but I cant use impossible to catch and im dead before I can even respond. (and yes im geared I have a 12.6+ gs)

this is the nature of the game. certain classes are meant to be hard while others are meant to be easy. learn to play and quit crying
    edited August 2013
    Oh, and about the "counter class". In the sense a TR without skill can kill any CW with ease counter class.

The last PVP round the rogues chased me. Since I normally pretend to run up to the base to make them sneak and then run back down again to attack 3-4 sec later one rogue learned this and followed me down. I was running the opposite direction while looking back waiting to see him. I never saw him, only the Lashing and I was dead. Pathetic!

It truly shows the pure ignorance from the game developers designing PVP.

I'm still waiting for an answer from Cryptic but I guess they just read and don't care.

The only sane option is to stop playing games from them.
    edited August 2013
    Oh, and about the "counter class". In the sense a TR without skill can kill any CW with ease counter class.

The last PVP round the rogues chased me. Since I normally pretend to run up to the base to make them sneak and then run back down again to attack 3-4 sec later one rogue learned this and followed me down. I was running the opposite direction while looking back waiting to see him. I never saw him, only the Lashing and I was dead. Pathetic!

It truly shows the pure ignorance from the game developers designing PVP.

I'm still waiting for an answer from Cryptic but I guess they just read and don't care.

The only sane option is to stop playing games from them.

You are the only ignorant one here apparently.
  • llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I played with you multiple times abac, you're a good CW but I'm afraid you give pub gameplay too much attention when thinking about balance, ever since the patch came out CW is the top dog now EXCEPT if they stupidly rush INTO a rogue trap.

It came to a point of a new meta game that a CW can hold a point against anyone and demolish them, he can run away more safely from a rogue (they lost their momentum with daggers) or bait rogues to come out of stealth because they have to choose either cap the point or commit to chasing you to middle of the map.

(and before you say permastealth, that spec maybe still possible to do but it does no dmg with 8 daggers and it dies to pretty much any other decently played class).

The problem lies with cryptic's matching system, it queues you against 2-3 of the same class even if it's not a premade, that's when the complaining begins and I think most threads are a result of some player being matched against a ridiculous composition.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ha. You haven't seen the hilarity of a premade team of Miracle Healer geared DCs yet. It's amazing and I'll be sad to see it end next patch.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • aeonsageaeonsage Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I must say that everyone who is defeated continuously by another class will complain, but what do you want? Invulnerability to all other classes in PvP? Think on that with every change nerfing for a PvP complaint also nerfs the PvE, and PvE is the bread and butter of leveling in the game.

Also, PvP in NW is a team exercise...try playing as a team with your team...those who do tend to come out on top.
    edited August 2013
    This is a rock paper scissors game. The sooner you understand the better

Im not a perma stealth rogue I prioritize pve damage so im out of stealth most of the time. Yes I agree that CWs are a joke for me but at the same time if I fight a decent GF I cant do anything. not only cant I move but I cant use impossible to catch and im dead before I can even respond. (and yes im geared I have a 12.6+ gs)

this is the nature of the game. certain classes are meant to be hard while others are meant to be easy. learn to play and quit crying
    Ahh, learn to play!!! I haven’t heard that one before!

I’ve won a few competitions at shopping malls and game fairs and gotten among other things a Nintendo.

I played in the number one Quake CTF team in Sweden in the 90ths, Cute, and we remained unbeaten until we started playing EQ. We also won against the number one team in Holland and England.

In EQ I won the Bard Best of the Best on Veeshan – mostly against Fires of Heaven bards.

Then we had a kid so only some months of EQ 2 and then a few months of WoW.

Before this game I came from Rift where I played a mage in Parabellum, the number one guild in the world when I played (world first Maelforge and done with ID). Most likely I was one of the top 3 mages in PVP EU.

Bragging? Maybe a little, but just to make my point about how stupid PVP in this game is.

I would like to ask you if you can teach me to play but you can’t since TR is way over the top and you probably aren’t as skilled as you think. Give me a TR and I’ll solo a GF no problem.

The nature of this game is broken. The sooner you understand the better.
    edited August 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Ha. You haven't seen the hilarity of a premade team of Miracle Healer geared DCs yet. It's amazing and I'll be sad to see it end next patch.
    I believe you. I've seen one too and they are mad! They are super rare so it's an isolated problem. :)

TR however comes in big pack. There are very often 2 in each team.
    edited August 2013
    aeonsage wrote: »
    I must say that everyone who is defeated continuously by another class will complain, but what do you want? Invulnerability to all other classes in PvP? Think on that with every change nerfing for a PvP complaint also nerfs the PvE, and PvE is the bread and butter of leveling in the game.

Also, PvP in NW is a team exercise...try playing as a team with your team...those who do tend to come out on top.
    What I want?

I want a fair fight.

I want skill and gear to matter.
    edited August 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    I played with you multiple times abac, you're a good CW but I'm afraid you give pub gameplay too much attention when thinking about balance, ever since the patch came out CW is the top dog now EXCEPT if they stupidly rush INTO a rogue trap.

It came to a point of a new meta game that a CW can hold a point against anyone and demolish them, he can run away more safely from a rogue (they lost their momentum with daggers) or bait rogues to come out of stealth because they have to choose either cap the point or commit to chasing you to middle of the map.

(and before you say permastealth, that spec maybe still possible to do but it does no dmg with 8 daggers and it dies to pretty much any other decently played class).

The problem lies with cryptic's matching system, it queues you against 2-3 of the same class even if it's not a premade, that's when the complaining begins and I think most threads are a result of some player being matched against a ridiculous composition.
    Interesting points, thanks!

It’s often 2 rogues in the opposite team and in PUGs the fights tend to clog up somewhere leaving space for rogues to sneak in and attack the CWs.

If I face a solo rogue on distance I normally try to cast some spell to try him/her out. If they stealth I just pull back and prepare. A good rogue, like Foosoo (does he still play?) or Tymora, is quite hard anyway.

A Greater/Perfect Soulforge can really be the difference in solo fights… which I’m not spending money since I’m quite uncertain about the future here.
  • aeonsageaeonsage Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What I want?

I want a fair fight.

I want skill and gear to matter.

A fair fight is a pipe dream...only way to get that is by facing off against an opponent with exactly the same build as you and equipped equally....very doubtful that will happen...ever. Obviously your gear does matter; as if you have better gear you typically have an advantage over an opponent. What I hear from you is saying you can dominate other classes but when one has an advantage that just isn't fair. I have played all five current classes and while I have yet to achieve max level on any of them, I am always challenged in PvP no matter which class I play. I typically get defeated when I get teamed up on with any of my classes, and yes often am defeated by a sneaky TR, but then I can do the same when I play my TR, and I still get defeated when playing him. Most of the time i'm on the losing side in PvP and it is annoying, but really, its just a smaller reward and I still have fun. When I am on the winning team it is great and usually because I pull a team that works well together, but it's all fun. If you aren't having fun in PvP then just don't engage in it..."nuf said.
  • cyris21cyris21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Last time i checked PvP is a team game, why would you be soloing anything.. work as a team... destroy as a team.. win as a team
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The low geared game is pretty unbalanced. In all green gear, rogues will dominate every class even after the nerfs.

But once you get near the top gear and skill levels, they have actually balanced it quite well. CWs can certainly beat Rogues without issue, Especially ones with GTs and perfect vorpals - rogues are very squishy so one tiny mistake will end them. Just the same applies to CW, so they are quite well matched. TR does get the edge in chaotic battles as whoever gets the first hit in a evenly geared and skill battle is likely to get the kill - and stealth helps a ton with that.

But TRs lose out to GFs often, even with a well placed sneak attack, as a top GF needs only to land his daily (indom) to end it for most rogues, while a rogue needs a few hits on a GF.

Then GF most often will lose to a well played CW attacking from a good ranged vantage point, or at the very least get injured enough that he won't make it away from his teammates.

DCs generally won't win 1 on 1s vs top skilled/geared players of other classes, but they provide enough support to really turn the tide in large fights which makes them very useful. Critical even in gauntlgrym.

The only really broken class prior to the update was GWF, though I think they balanced them out well in pvp this update, still very tanky with top hp/regen, but not unkillable at least.

Main issue with pvp:
    Lack of variety. months on end with the same 2 maps and a really stupidly unfun 20man map? Boring. I'm burnt out enough now that I barely care to get the daily done. Sad too since they could of fixed this indefinitely simply by working to allow foundry maps for pvp, instead of so many hours wasted on this silly new campaign system.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In other words, there is no use in playing PVP against a skilled end game rogue no matter what gear or skill you have as a CW.
    It is not about skill. It is very little about gear.

Very useful information there. You don't even seem to agree with yourself.

And for Impact shots, mine are almost never over 8k with 10k gs. Add perfect vorpal and rank 8+ enchants and we're talking. But then it's due to gear.
    edited August 2013
    metaplexus wrote: »
    Very useful information there. You don't even seem to agree with yourself.

And for Impact shots, mine are almost never over 8k with 10k gs. Add perfect vorpal and rank 8+ enchants and we're talking. But then it's due to gear.
    I very much agree with me?

If I face a green geared rogue the Impact Shots and Lashing will hurt me but not kill me.

If I face a high geared rogue it does NOT matter what gear I have since the rogue will most likely kill me before I can detect him/her.

Like I said, I’ve met rogues hitting me with Impact shot for 13k+ each from undetectable distance in stealth, which is more than half of my HP. Then, if the rogue has good ping, they chain the next Impact shots where it’s impossible for me to do anything until I’m dead.
    edited August 2013
    cyris21 wrote: »
    Last time i checked PvP is a team game, why would you be soloing anything.. work as a team... destroy as a team.. win as a team
    Are you naive? To win against an equally geared team you need to be able solo hold for a while or take opponents when protecting or taking a base. All five can't run together or you will lose.
    edited August 2013
    aeonsage wrote: »
    A fair fight is a pipe dream...only way to get that is by facing off against an opponent with exactly the same build as you and equipped equally....very doubtful that will happen...ever. Obviously your gear does matter; as if you have better gear you typically have an advantage over an opponent. What I hear from you is saying you can dominate other classes but when one has an advantage that just isn't fair. I have played all five current classes and while I have yet to achieve max level on any of them, I am always challenged in PvP no matter which class I play. I typically get defeated when I get teamed up on with any of my classes, and yes often am defeated by a sneaky TR, but then I can do the same when I play my TR, and I still get defeated when playing him. Most of the time i'm on the losing side in PvP and it is annoying, but really, its just a smaller reward and I still have fun. When I am on the winning team it is great and usually because I pull a team that works well together, but it's all fun. If you aren't having fun in PvP then just don't engage in it..."nuf said.
    Fair fight doesn't have to be the same class with the same gear and ping.

Fair in this sense means with equal gear you have a fair chance against others. Right now that has failed since you can be killed without seeing or knowing that there is someone hidden.
  • bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    I agree, Tr have a too high survivability. This has to be addressed and changed. they can tank better in pvp than the actual tanks, while taking no damage they can faceroll, which is a no-go.

Let's hope the developers swing the nerf bat into the proper direction, when the next update gets released.

In some MMO, let's just say Lineage II (yea you can say the game is too old and that g ame sucks too much on grind to death type of game). I've never seen any other MMO with such solid classes. I mean, all have their significant role in PvE/PvP. Let's take for example the tank there, can aggro players in pvp, can interrupt skills/spells of the opponent, can assist the healer properly and cans upport his allies far far better than here. Here tanks are nothing but DPS role in PvP. They can't even supply a good supporting model.

So going back to NW, nerfing rogues is not the solution here. It's revamping other class will do it.
  • bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    When you nerf or balance a class here. The solution just go see-saw, tipping the other end of the weighing scale then getting the same problem on that end.
  • borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I agree, Tr have a too high survivability. This has to be addressed and changed. they can tank better in pvp than the actual tanks, while taking no damage they can faceroll, which is a no-go.

Let's hope the developers swing the nerf bat into the proper direction, when the next update gets released.

sorry...but no

we are not tanks, not by a long shot. We may be less squishier then a CW, however we are still pretty squishy and easy to put down when you know your game.

developpers already swung the nerf bat on us, many times (sneak attack nerf, SE nerf, LA nerf, CoS nerf, at wills nerf (some of our at wills do not benefit as much from power as before) ). We rogues have to cover in fetal position every time a patch is about to come because the nerf bat is always floating on our heads, and trust me, cryptic is not done, untill they nerfbat our damage to a blood pulp they will not stop, lashing and Impact are very likelly on the line for a massive swing (nothing anounced but we know cryptic is looking at those 2 skills with a evil smile on their face and doing practice swings with the nerfbat).

And most of it is thanks to people who come to the forum saying "rogue can take damage better than tanks, cc more than CW, Heals more than clerics, make better food than my mom ...blablabla". Just give it a rest on the misinformation.
    edited August 2013
    Not sure if incompetent or just naive.

GWF = tank

TR = dps

Trying to tell us that tanks should not tank and TR should dps + tank at the same time makes 0 sense, fyi.

And this is the end of the story, if you like it or not.

Bye.

Perhaps your reading comprehension is worse than i expected, should have thought such low IQ from a person with such statements anyways.

TR "tankness" is only 5 seconds on immunity which requires him to consume his slealth+ impossible to catch, simply stay away from him when he is "blackened". IF you throw your DPS at him while he is "blackened" then you are an absolute moron.

All you need to do is staying 5 secs away from him, and then you kill him him in 2 or 3 shots because they are squishy as hell.

Now about your idiotic statement of claiming that i said that tanks shouldn't tank, i never said that, i was trying to say that TR's 5 seconds immunity is not even close to be comparable with GWF's since you need minimum 3 people to kill a sent GWF whilst you need 3 encounters to kill a TR.

And really, if you are having issues spotting a stealthed TR, then you need to learn PvP more.
    edited August 2013
    Now to get back on topic, the TR "huge" damage comes from the ridiculous armor penetration we have from our battle field set.

So if you want to deal lots of damage, slot armor penetration on any of your classes and watch TRs getting face rolled in 2 hits by a CW.