test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Seems like a common problem now that its happening seriously to me. Launcher gets stuck behind a Firefox spam window then I struggle past the deluge and finally am able to put in my PW and launch.

Not so today: It is minimized to the taskbar and cannot come up to full size to enter the info. I'm shut down.

I have been a fan since the beginning, over 4 years, and cannot understand how such a large project can continue to suffer from this issue.
    edited July 2013
    I hate to bump, but there is a similar attempted fix below a couple of posts to circumvent my exact problem. This means that many more are experiencing the same, repeated restriction to access by this bug. Its something on PW/Cryptics end and there is no end in sight. Quite nice for me as I will lose coins with no compensation and not a word that it is being addressed.
    Not really feeling like re installing with this perma-bug in place.

I restarted DDO and likely will spend more time looking elsewhere at this point.
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    Seems like a common problem now that its happening seriously to me. Launcher gets stuck behind a Firefox spam window then I struggle past the deluge and finally am able to put in my PW and launch.

Not so today: It is minimized to the taskbar and cannot come up to full size to enter the info. I'm shut down.

I have been a fan since the beginning, over 4 years, and cannot understand how such a large project can continue to suffer from this issue.
  • k0cek0ce Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wp, gg mate! That works for me . :)
    edited July 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »

No idea why, but a guild member told me his story and I found a variation that helped me get back up. Simply right clicking the desktop icon and going to properties/general and changing the "runs in" field back to maximized window setting allows me to play again. Still get the deluge of firefox windows but the storm subsides now and I am able to log in.

Fix this dam thing people or I'll have my kid sister open up a can of whoopazz on you at the next convention!
  • dixeebelldixeebell Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i made numerous ACC & emails
    [since i cant log on] & in just about wvey case Criptic stopped me plying . either by 1 off CODE or MACHINE invalid & now even
    invalid name or password.
    SET the darnthing OFF by default. its useless
  • demispongedemisponge Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jwhiter78 wrote: »
    Sorry my bad english.
    If the problem is the launcher minimized and you can't maximized and you can't move (by mryuz), do this ->
    Run registry
    Find: HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Cryptic -> Cryptic Launcher
    and you see in the windowpos key: X -32000 Y -32000
    you change it X 100 Y 100
    Close the registry and start the launcher

I hope i can help

You can also just delete the windowpos file and it'll open like normal.
  • masterquixmasterquix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I apologize for my English but I'm using google translate, I can not connect to the world of neverwinter, I have a good pc and my connection has not given me any problems with other online games, when I try to enter the game takes about 2 or 3 minutes just to get to the character selection, once when I click on them enters the world, the game can not connect to the server.
    1 time I was able to play without problems and another at a certain point I had to close because the game had a very high lag (but my connection was fine) and then they are no longer able to return home. I tried to open the doors of my router but nothing has changed at this point I do not know what to do, all my friends can play and I do not, what's the problem? ^ ^
    PS: sometimes I do not pass either login
  • renjanarenjana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't log in either... I tried replacing the neverwinter.exe file and I still get the tried connecting 5 times please be patient message...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Posting to make it so the redirect will be easily found. (Moving to Bug Reports & Leaving a Sticky Redirect in General Instead).
  • arzee91arzee91 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i went in a vacation last 2 weeks and when i can came back, Neverwinter doesn't start at all. It just stays minimized in the start bar. Ive read other posts and that little workaround with the taskbar doesnt work. Please help asap
  • bmxmania90bmxmania90 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    renjana wrote: »
    I can't log in either... I tried replacing the neverwinter.exe file and I still get the tried connecting 5 times please be patient message...

If you have a virus protection it may be that. I had the same problem then added the .exe to my trusted applications and it works fine now.
  • sunnyshesunnyshe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After the launcher update today, I've been unable to login, the login button doesn't work, I'm stuck on the username password screen. tried the alternate neverwinter.exe doesn't help, even tried starting the game client directly and there I'm stuck on connecting to account server message. i can't even re-download the game because i can't login.
  • cvihacviha Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arzee91 wrote: »
    i went in a vacation last 2 weeks and when i can came back, Neverwinter doesn't start at all. It just stays minimized in the start bar. Ive read other posts and that little workaround with the taskbar doesnt work. Please help asap

I'm having the same issue here, running neverwinter.exe only leaves it minimized in the tray and it doesn't come up.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    arzee91 wrote: »
    cviha wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue here, running neverwinter.exe only leaves it minimized in the tray and it doesn't come up.
    Sorry for your issues, please go here for a temporary solution:
    Sticky: Known Issue: Launcher Minimized in Taskbar
    edited July 2013
    sunnyshe wrote: »
    After the launcher update today, I've been unable to login, the login button doesn't work, I'm stuck on the username password screen. tried the alternate neverwinter.exe doesn't help, even tried starting the game client directly and there I'm stuck on connecting to account server message. i can't even re-download the game because i can't login.
    . . . . . Please power cycle your modem and router(s), this may be a DNS Caching Issue and a power-cycle will resolve it if it is.

. . . . . Here's a direct link to the download page:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

. . . . . You shouldn't need to reinstall though. I'd only try that if you have a really fast broadband connection with no bandwith restrictions.
  • shindenialshindenial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...in helping solve the system tray minimized bar, the same thing happened to me today, and the workaround worked fine. At the risk of mentioning a certain OTHER MMO that uses the initials WoW...I had loaded that up for the first time in a month to check on the guild I was in to see if it had died(it did). So I logged off and loaded NW up. NW had worked PRIOR to this WoW check-in with no issues, but after WoW I was stuck with the minimized system tray issue. Not sure if loading WoW had any effect on it, but that's how it happened with me.

-Shin
  • meganhanormeganhanor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't play when I open the launcher I do the login and soon I look a cryptic error message

anyone know how I resolve this?

Ticket error message 14782827
  • cvihacviha Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Sorry for your issues, please go here for a temporary solution:
    Sticky: Known Issue: Launcher Minimized in Taskbar

Thanks, the fix worked, I only needed to do it once and it got back to normal every other time I launched Neverwinter.exe .
    Was a bit confused since the instructions are for windows 7 while I'm still on XP, but it wasn't that different.
  • lefimlefim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I may have the wrong thread. Sorry if I do. Today I tried to log into the game and the launcher would not bring up the game. I finally just uninstalled the game and now am having to reinstall.
  • vyxvlynnvyxvlynn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i'm not getting any error message. i click to launch program and it just hangs. it puts itself onto my program tab bar and the icon on the system tray and then nothing.
  • shindenialshindenial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vyxvlynn wrote: »
    i'm not getting any error message. i click to launch program and it just hangs. it puts itself onto my program tab bar and the icon on the system tray and then nothing.

Vyx...scroll up TWO messages from yours and follow the link in the quote box for directions on how to get NW functioning again with your issue. I had the same problem, that link helped.

-Shin
  • ilkerftwilkerftw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    my launcher doesnt work after this patch i cant even patch the game it looks like working but cant see it.
  • taurioncelebritheltaurioncelebrithel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ilkerftw wrote: »
    my launcher doesnt work after this patch i cant even patch the game it looks like working but cant see it.

Pretty much same problem here. I start the Launcher but can only see it in the taskbar and system tray. There is some network activity when it starts, but then nothing.

I can launch the game client but the Login server eventually replies with a time-out.

Are the Login or account servers down?
  • angelbtangelbt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    this is strange i played last night whit 0 problems but today whan i try to login i cant i tipe in my user name and pass and whan click login noting heppends some1 pls help me lol i cant login evan on star trek omg but i can login on other pwi games this is realy strange :(
  • juggernautrdjuggernautrd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I log in and get to the Cryptic screen and it just hangs, to eventually crash. I tried everything except re-install (which did not work for anyone on this thread). I have turned off my firewall, anti-virus, teamviewer, dual display and many services and processes and still receive the same problem. I played not more than 16 hours ago with no issues.
  • arkathanarkathan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Currently getting the unable to authenticate error for both Never winter and Champions. I just left from playing Champions prior to trying NW. Both programs show server status is green.

ETA: I tried resetting the modem/router to no effect
  • puppetwarrior610puppetwarrior610 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i click on the link for number 7 and it isnt available at all the site isnt there to download what can i do to make this work now
  • puppetwarrior610puppetwarrior610 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ignore me i fix it
  • camote22camote22 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    anyone who solved the 'cryptic error"As of now i cant play the game
    I do the following:

1.downloaded the new neverwinter.exe and replace with the old on my game directory.
    2.Run as administrator
    3.Laucher automatically update
    4.I have no teamviewer installed
    5.Firewall is disabled
    6.Running on win 7 pro 64bit.
  • sizzurpersizzurper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    did step 7.
    did admin.
    no team viewer.
    no firewall.
    the game worked yesterday. and now i can not connect to the patch server