Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    kaushikmitra5558kaushikmitra5558 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pls repair my login problems cant login in 1 or 2 try pls help me with it
  • Options
    drezsdrezs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here,tried all tips in the first post and nothing,please anyone for help me.
  • Options
    lucek64lucek64 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello. Is there any chance to download Neverwinter in parts like 1gb? Many ppl haven't got so high speed internet to download the game without a break.
  • Options
    kiku2kiku2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Update 10: For "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." messages, close Teamviewer and Mumble if you have them opened.
    I dont have Teamviewer or mumble and i still have the same error
  • Options
    b902b902 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiku2 wrote: »
    I dont have Teamviewer or mumble and i still have the same error

same dawn thing here
  • Options
    whiterabbit30whiterabbit30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play this (Neverwinter), Star Trek Online, and Champions Online, and none of my Cryptic games will load please fix!!
  • Options
    kuzgun124kuzgun124 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone here also gets the error @ cryptic loading screen? ''Read wrong number of bytes Bin/Clientmessagesenglish.Bin: 13''... -.-

Also , I downloaded this game to my laptop played for like some hours and then when I tried to copy it to my pc it just tries to repatch about 6 gb , I just don't get why..
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    unable to authentice

unable to contact account server

this was working perfectly fine yesterday.

now, I got dc'd during an alert in Champions and can't log into either game.
    I don't have any other programs running at the same time.

someone please feed the hamster.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jimdenjimden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I too had the same issue after the 6/28 update. Issues with both "NW and STO."

Tried all the first post suggestions.

Found "NW" had auto-loaded into WIN 98/3 Compatibility, I switched to WIN 7 Compatibility.

Both games working normally again. That's what fix worked for me, hopefully this may help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rowdyburnsrowdyburns Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When I go to log in, nothing happens. I enter my password, hit enter and .....nothing. No error message or attempt to connect to server. It just sits there. Is this part of the server issue that's going on?

Issue resolved. I tried a system reboot, then logging in again and that seemed to do the trick.
  • Options
    xxxsectorxxxxxxsectorxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i have cryptic oooop fcking idiot erorr but idont have teamwiever i dont have mumble tooo ! wtf are you doing guys fix it !
  • Options
    eviledickeviledick Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    rowdyburns wrote: »
    When I go to log in, nothing happens. I enter my password, hit enter and .....nothing. No error message or attempt to connect to server. It just sits there. Is this part of the server issue that's going on?

Issue resolved. I tried a system reboot, then logging in again and that seemed to do the trick.

Try using taskmanager to shut down GameClient.exe, Neverwinter.exe and Crypticerror.exe, then restart launcher. There's some bug where these will stay in memory but only be visible in taskmanager.
    Bug Powder Dust: Chapter 1, 15 mins of Cleric friendly hack and slash, with a nod to Pratchett and G Naylor:- NW-DKHPBAVBO
  • Options
    caldarion1caldarion1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi all! On July 2, game worked fine. Today, after the patch says Ready, I click the Play button but nothing happens! When I click it again, the page disappears! Did I miss a solution to this on this thread?

Thank you
  • Options
    caldarion1caldarion1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To eviledick...I'm such a non comp person, I don't know how to do what you suggested by using the task manager. Could you walk me through it please? I seem to have the same problem as the poster who posted above you.

Thank you
  • Options
    cradokcradok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wierd when launching the game it goes to the task bar and wont maximise ?? cant sighn in or anything massive fail
  • Options
    xerokewlxerokewl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I loaded into pvp match got an error handler now I can no longer get past the patching step of loader ? Worked right up till the pvp disconnect
  • Options
    lemornierlemornier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    when launching the game it goes to the task bar and wont maximise ??
  • Options
    mrkjadmrkjad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lemornier wrote: »
    when launching the game it goes to the task bar and wont maximise ??
    I have the same problem.
    EDIT: OK, solved:
    spartand33 wrote: »
    I feel obliged to answer for all the gamers out there as I have been trying to figure it out for the past 12hrs by using and applying all the methods mentioned in the forums.

In order to go to the folder abovementioned, access registry edit by either;

1. Going to "Start" and typing "regedit" (without the " btw) at the Search field

OR

2. Using the 'Run program' console by pressing the Windows key + R and typing "regedit"

Then go to the folder path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Cryptic Launcher and deleting the "WindoPos" file.

The launcher should create a new file and position the launcher squarely in the middle of your screen.
  • Options
    jhaikonenjhaikonen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mine does this everytime. I close the launcher and restart and it maybe works. The same thing everytime. I have to try 2-4 times to actually be able to log in.
  • Options
    blade0730blade0730 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey cryptic, your launcher is not working properly... the launcher gets stuck at "Loading... please wait..."

Please do something about this...
  • Options
    slowshieldslowshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am getting the same issue right now after some major lag booted me from the game. Launcher gets stuck at "Trying to update the launcher, please be patient ...." and it seems unable to connect, help needed.. please fix your launcher!
    <Archons> +8 GMT Oceanic Guild, 300 Member Strong @ Dragon Server!
    banner.png
    Silverblade (60 TR), Silver (60 DC), SilverShield (60 GF), SilverStorm (60 CW), Ultimate (60 GWF)
  • Options
    jhotshot13jhotshot13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't feel bad you are not alone slowshield. I never got into the game just cant log on getting patcher cannot connect to patcher update have done all the beginning steps and still the same. When I check my taskbar just shows that Neverwinter is not responding.
  • Options
    kungsterdameckungsterdamec Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a problem with starting the luncher. When I double click it the icon in tray apears but the program doesen't start?? Can i get some answers?? i tryed to reinstal it but no succes!!!
  • Options
    vonserrngvonserrng Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have tried list at beginning minus a complete reinstall if that is the fix, that would equal uninstalling and finding a new game.

Double click icon, nothing appears to happen, no spash screen, no launcher updating box, nada. Went to task bar along bottom and there is a Neverwinter box as if the game is running, but it does nothing.

Help please
  • Options
    kungsterdameckungsterdamec Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vonserrng wrote: »
    Have tried list at beginning minus a complete reinstall if that is the fix, that would equal uninstalling and finding a new game.

Double click icon, nothing appears to happen, no spash screen, no launcher updating box, nada. Went to task bar along bottom and there is a Neverwinter box as if the game is running, but it does nothing.

Help please

Same as mine PLEASE fix the problem NEED to play :D
  • Options
    milignentmilignent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone else having "Too many attempts, please try again later" @ the log in screen? Should say I got this message on first attempt of logging in today.
  • Options
    verah02verah02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mrkjad, you are my hero.. this worked for me! thanks

I also switched my antivirus from Avast! to Microsoft Security Essentials, and am much happier, avast tends to be 'trigger happy'
  • Options
    xxroyalxxtrickxxxxroyalxxtrickxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Big flipping surprise... the game doesn't work. Again. ****, this is getting annoying.
  • Options
    asteroidusasteroidus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is beyond frustrating and is completely unacceptable. I've had a few bouts of waiting to connect before, but I now cannot access the launcher whatsoever.

Get your **** together. I'll not spend one more red cent on this game if these simple problems aren't resolved. I know I'm not alone. You're losing money by offering a faulty product.

Fix it.
  • Options
    asteroidusasteroidus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vonserrng wrote: »
    Have tried list at beginning minus a complete reinstall if that is the fix, that would equal uninstalling and finding a new game.Double click icon, nothing appears to happen, no spash screen, no launcher updating box, nada. Went to task bar along bottom and there is a Neverwinter box as if the game is running, but it does nothing.

Help please

Right there with ya.
This discussion has been closed.