Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    smokindabudsmokindabud Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jyddy wrote: »
    I am getting pretty much tired of reinstalling this broken POS. It is fun to play but all the crashing and having to reload is beginning to be a bit to much. You log in everyday and invoke and because they can not keep it running correctly you loose what you just spent 5 days trying to gain, and the worst part is they don't even try to act as if they care!!!

I put in a ticket yesterday about the problem and will most likely be lucky if they answer it within a week.

Luckily for me it happened now as I was thinking that I would buy some Zen and buy some items but this just brought me back to my senses.

Not telling me anything buddy, i lost 5 celestial coins on 2 characters. I don't expect to be reimbursed because cryptic doesn't care about the people making their game popular. The game crashes constantly and I've wasted countless hours because of it. Crashing in the middle of a dungeon u just spent 3 hours on because the noobs in your group don't know how to kill last boss is probably the biggest issue I have with this game. You would think they would fix the problems they are having now before adding new content but ehh I'm not a programmer only a dedicated player, so what do I know?

Cryptic Fix Your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!!!!!!!!!!! Your game is going down the toilet and you are losing players on a daily basis because you have either a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> team trying to work on these issues or don't care.
  • Options
    virtualcrackvirtualcrack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    was having heavy virtualcrack withdraw all sat and sun grrrrr lol
  • Options
    virtualcrackvirtualcrack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well I think it might be the case that different areas of the building are adding stuff and no ones verifying the addon's they are patching in and well conflicto otcilfnoc. and we have to pay for the aftermath.
    which was no logy in for almost 2 days....
  • Options
    valddaolinvalddaolin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have just downloaded Neverwinter and was a big fan of the original NWN, played it from its release date until recently. I use a MAC now and have seen on previous posts that I need to run Wine in order to play Neverwinter. It's all installed and working but when I launch neverwinter.exe on Wine, the page to login to Neverwinter comes up. If I log in, I can then click the picture of the women to launch the program. It starts to direct me to the Neverwinter website but before it gets a chance to fully load it redirects me to a http://s-static.ak.facebook.com... link and an error message (in red writing) says SECURITY WARNING: Please treat the URL above as you would your password and do not share it with anyone.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

J
  • Options
    jyddyjyddy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well I think it might be the case that different areas of the building are adding stuff and no ones verifying the addon's they are patching in and well conflicto otcilfnoc. and we have to pay for the aftermath.
    which was no logy in for almost 2 days....

Still can't log in!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    vallee1979vallee1979 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i launch the patcher, patched it, and it says ready.

But there is no freaking button to click on to start the game??
    Its free to play i suppose so it should have a button to click "play"

any help?

This is now happening to me as well. I try to log on but after typing in my password neither hitting enter nor clicking login actually does anything.
    Should note that the gateway won't even open the page on this computer, and it is still trying to log on on my tablet (it's been authenticating my password for about 5 minutes now).
    Some suggested that it's an eastcoast thing, but that's not it, since i'm located in europe.

I'd rather not reinstall the entire game, especially since the gateway isn't working either so it's not likely an installation problem.

Is there any word on what is going on and when it's expected to get fixed?

Edit: seems to be fixed now, gateway and launcher working again on main computer. Gateway still not logging on on tablet though.
  • Options
    vallee1979vallee1979 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just tried logging on on my boyfriend's computer. When i try logging in with him i get the error message that the password isn't correct (i don't know his login), but when i enter my own credentials simply nothing happens. He uses his account name to log on, while i use my email. Could this be making the difference?

edit: seems not, as when i enter my own data with the wrong password i get the same error message.
  • Options
    supercloud0supercloud0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since this morning (GTM+2 time) I got The cryptic patching problem. As displayed in Update 12 on the first page. Now I tryed to download the new .exe but I get a message: This page isn't available... So its like 6 hours further now and still can do stuff...

I have tryed it in the following browsers:

Google Chrome
    Internet Explorer (latest)
    Mozilla Firefox
    Safari

All didn't work...
  • Options
    majgamermajgamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When I launch the program, it pops up with this error:

An Error has Occurred in the script on this page
    Line:1
    Char:1
    Code:0
    URL:http://launcher.playneverwinter.com/...query-1.4.4.js

Then it asks if I want it to continue running scripts on this page.

It does this 3 or 4 more times, and
    Regardless of whether I say yes, no, or just closing the window,
    It pops up with an imageless version of the launcher shows up, and the only thing I can click are the hyperlinks leading to the main site.
  • Options
    erza1120erza1120 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello I have an concern about my gameplay I level enough to be able to travel to the chasm and I competed all of the quests until I got the quest A Final Favor and after that I didn't get anymore quests, but even if I was finish with the chasm I didn't get the quest to report back to Sergeant Knox that I competed the chasm. I have no clue what went wrong. Can you help me please?
  • Options
    sargamerzsargamerz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I keep getting this: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
    It says it can't connect to update the game? What do I do?
  • Options
    sargamerzsargamerz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im having the same problem it wont update my launcher and just fails. Did you find a solution?
  • Options
    lame1983lame1983 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ^same having trouble with the launcher
  • Options
    radakillradakill Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unable to establish connection to the launcher.

This is starting to feel like the Twilight Zone.

Im laughing uncontrollably, its like the Keystone Cops meets the Three Stooges with you guys. Every day its some new fook-up.

Cant wait to see what tomorrow will bring.
  • Options
    bronnzaibronnzai Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Having the same problems. Trying to reinstall for the second time. Annoying.
  • Options
    strivetodiestrivetodie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I started playing for about two days and didn't have any problems until now. Just decided to get on and play and experienced problems with the launcher like many other people. The problem that I get is that the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate attempts to connect but doesn't. I've tried uninstalling and re-downloading the game, but that doesn't work either. I tried the solutions in the thread and that didn't help either. At a lost and would like to start playing the game again.
  • Options
    aurtegaaurtega Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im also having the launcher problem as well. Its saying "Loading...Please wait" but does not continue and becomes Page cannto be displayed. I was able to play a few hours ago till now....
  • Options
    piritos19piritos19 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    my launcher doesn't work too :((
  • Options
    xenezoidxenezoid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mine too same exact problem... Loading.. please wait..:(
  • Options
    lartholartho Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yesterday I was playing normally, Today I try to launch the game, it requires something like 15 minutes to start, then I go to the Character list which requests other 10 minutes to load, then when I finally enter the game I cannot move or make anything since I result offline. Anybody else having this problem? Already tryed to uninstall and install again the game 3 times and tryed every solution posted on this forum. I'd need help.
  • Options
    plaskimistrzplaskimistrz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I installed the game today and got to level 11, then after a 2 or 3 hours break I'm experiencing the "Loading... please wait" problem. Is it because the servers are crowded?
    Do not fear the tsunami
  • Options
    willstrwillstr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited August 2013
    Can't get into the game, wth
    Says trying to connect to connect,,, please wait
    doesn't connect, tried connecting 5 times... unable to establish a connection to the game server...
    Can't get into the game, wth!!
  • Options
    bluebugzbluebugz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NW worst enemy ever = "Disconnect to server" :mad:
  • Options
    aurtegaaurtega Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aurtega wrote: »
    Im also having the launcher problem as well. Its saying "Loading...Please wait" but does not continue and becomes Page cannto be displayed. I was able to play a few hours ago till now....

Mysteriously 1 or 2 hours before server maintenance my Neverwinter Launcher started to work after playing on my ps3 when I got back ran the launcher...it suddenly worked....*Twilight Zone sound*

Hope it does not happen again...I feel terrible for those who's launchers still not working. :eek:
  • Options
    slimpixel88slimpixel88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi, could somebody help me? I get always stuck at "Do you have an existing Cryptic account?" if I click yes or no, nothing happens.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    dagomanendagomanen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi, could somebody help me? I get always stuck at "Do you have an existing Cryptic account?" if I click yes or no, nothing happens.
    Thanks.

I experience the exact same thing. I cant get into the game, get stuck at the option of yes and no. Please what is this?
  • Options
    dagomanendagomanen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, and I have patched it through my friend's acc, the "PLAY" button doesnt even show. Its a black box with red around it.
  • Options
    refqurefqu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    HERE IS THE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go on ur firewall and accept the laucher!

on my com it helped so i think it will help some1 else too.
  • Options
    slimpixel88slimpixel88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This worked for me: run wise 365 cleaner, installed malwarebytes and AVG antivirus free and comodo firewall, in wise cleaner I disabled all windows functions
  • Options
    nhae78nhae78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Somehow the cryptic launcher clashed with teamviewer so I got the Ooops your cryptic application crashed message, I exited teamviewer and the launcher worked
This discussion has been closed.