puppetwarrior610puppetwarrior610 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ignore me i fix it
  • Options
    camote22camote22 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    anyone who solved the 'cryptic error"As of now i cant play the game
    I do the following:

1.downloaded the new neverwinter.exe and replace with the old on my game directory.
    2.Run as administrator
    3.Laucher automatically update
    4.I have no teamviewer installed
    5.Firewall is disabled
    6.Running on win 7 pro 64bit.
  • Options
    sizzurpersizzurper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    did step 7.
    did admin.
    no team viewer.
    no firewall.
    the game worked yesterday. and now i can not connect to the patch server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Can some dev or in charge upload the newest neverwinter.exe? The old one is still from 18 July, and due to certain issues, I need to download from http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/neverwinter.exe in order to launch. Thanks.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    seiferqseiferq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    F i x e d : <
  • Options
    flanderman1flanderman1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't get an e-mail with an activation in it. All I got was the "Thanks for registering" one. Where do I get the code so I can play?
  • Options
    onesurvivaonesurviva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am also getting the "unable to authenticate" error for Neverwinter. I reset my modem with no effect. I reported the problem with a ticket and get a response that they are unable to reply due to high volume of problems. I'm on the dragon shard. Is this a widespread problem? My server status shows green, but have not been able to login since early this morning.
  • Options
    katanithkatanith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Probably Internet routing through Boston is the issue. Have Verizon FIOS and only way around "unable to authenticate" error was use a public WiFi - not the ideal solution, especially for folks with a rig. Doing a "tracert" to the patchserver dies on the hop from east coast up thru Boston. Some other threads have details on how to check this.
  • Options
    castanza11castanza11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello, I have read practically EVERYTHING on the internet and can not find a solution for this problem. Neverwinter was running FINE until the game crashed this morning. I re-installed Arc, I re-installed Neverwinter, I turned off the firewall, I did everything that the first post on page one told me to do.. And still nothing.

This is very frustrating, I was Lv. 15 and I'd really like to keep advancing on, it's a pretty dope game. But no matter what I do, it just won't open. Neverwinter is in the taskbar at the bottom, and in the bottom right. But I click on both and nothing happens. Even when the patch updates, it doesn't show the launch window. It just stays minimized. I've searched EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE for a solution for this since 11am this morning and it's now 4:30pm. I'm tired of searching and uninstalling and reinstalling. Can somebody just give me a solution please? Thank you.
  • Options
    madamfatalismadamfatalis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    unable to authenticate...Tried everything as well.
    hell I can type in login jhdbasjl and pass leave blank it will still say unable to authenticate
    use my name and pass same use my friends name and pass same. did clean installed remove registry blah blah blah
    everything in post one and then some nothing :)
  • Options
    smokindabudsmokindabud Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so how come i launch neverwinter and the login box doesnt show up at all? i replaced the exe file and did a multitude of other things to try to fix this. The launcher appears in my program tray and says its running in task manager but it wont pop up to login.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    have the same issue as previous poster castina
  • Options
    madamfatalismadamfatalis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this even being worked on at all?
  • Options
    radakillradakill Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unable to authenticate

Round and round we go, will the networking problems ever stop?... no one knows.

Havent seen such mass hysteria with bugs and issues since AO's disaster launch back in the early 2K.

This game is rapidly shooting to the #1 spot for most likely to fail at every level.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here "Unable to authenticate"
  • Options
    e0npulsee0npulse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still "Unable to authenticate". I guess you get what you pay for. Too bad I actually put up some cash for this travesty. Think I might just fire up Borderlands 2 again and forget about Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    camote22 wrote: »
    Same problem here "Unable to authenticate"

I Try again today.now i can login again and play the game.

Thank you for the fixed.
  • Options
    reznoratereznorate Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have been unable to get onto the game for two days. I get the "trying to update launcher."
    Using a wireless connection is not an option for me.
    I have uninstalled and re-installed twice now.
    Not sure what to do. i have not heard back regarding the ticket i put in.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Note: Not super computer savvy here
    Thanks!
    Rez
  • Options
    sndarklordzsndarklordz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i launch the patcher, patched it, and it says ready.

But there is no freaking button to click on to start the game??
    Its free to play i suppose so it should have a button to click "play"

any help?
  • Options
    drunkensotdrunkensot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited August 2013
    i launch the patcher, patched it, and it says ready.

But there is no freaking button to click on to start the game??
    Its free to play i suppose so it should have a button to click "play"

any help?
    ?????????????????
  • Options
    sizzurpersizzurper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    found out how to fix it
    first you uninstall
    then find a different game that works
    perfect world only reestablishes the "made in china" brand
    its cheap and does not last very long
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mylaria77mylaria77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well there is some progress today atleast i get to see the launcher. I had read somewhere it is a problem with people on the east coast who use Verizon... is this true?
  • Options
    myqntabmyqntab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mylaria77 wrote: »
    Well there is some progress today atleast i get to see the launcher. I had read somewhere it is a problem with people on the east coast who use Verizon... is this true?

it appears to be partially true...lots of Verizon FIOS customers seem to be the ones affected...and it is not only for East coast players, I am on the West coast and cannot play either....

I am ok with MMO games having issues that need resolving, and trying to be as patient as possible letting the developers fix them....I have no patience however with letting the issue go on for days without anyone from PWE, Cryptic or whoever is in charge not taking some time to address the issue here in the forums. What is the point of having forums if they ignore them? And submitting a ticket is no better......
  • Options
    kiwiyakkerkiwiyakker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mylaria77 wrote: »

Well I fit both criteria. I'm in the WDC area and on Verizon fios. Wish I'd seen this rumor earlier because I've gone through dozens of solution attempts - blowing away virus protection, jacking around with FW settings, deleting and restoring various folders, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. switching virus protection... I've had nothing but problems with this game since a week after launch. It's a testament to how much I like the game that I've bothered sticking around through all these problems. In the middle of another game reinstall now. Crossing fingers.

Just to clarify, though, I'm getting this - Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long
  • Options
    myqntabmyqntab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and btw...thanks to those who came up with the VPN solution....very clever, but if the game cannot be run without third party assistance, what does that say about the game?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Reinstalled for the 5th time. Finally the launcher shows itself. So anyone with the issue with the launcher being at program tray and not popping up. Just reinstall until it works. Only advice I have for you.
  • Options
    jyddyjyddy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well add me to the list I click on the icon on my desktop and it loads Neverwinter into my taskbar but no log in screen. If I type my pw and hit enter I can hear a click but no game sounds and nothing appears on screen.

Its been like this since yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish someone would bring out a decent PTP game with some tech people that would care about the community. With FTP there is no incentive to help those that spend no real life cash.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jyddy just reinstall should work after awhile.
  • Options
    jyddyjyddy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jyddy just reinstall should work after awhile.

I am getting pretty much tired of reinstalling this broken POS. It is fun to play but all the crashing and having to reload is beginning to be a bit to much. You log in everyday and invoke and because they can not keep it running correctly you loose what you just spent 5 days trying to gain, and the worst part is they don't even try to act as if they care!!!

I put in a ticket yesterday about the problem and will most likely be lucky if they answer it within a week.

Luckily for me it happened now as I was thinking that I would buy some Zen and buy some items but this just brought me back to my senses.
  • Options
    reznoratereznorate Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am on the wast coast, use verizon but dont have fios.
    i have not been able to update the launcher for three days now.
    Come on guys we need your attention on this matter please!
This discussion has been closed.