test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

1929394959698»

Comments

• junkermyrklejunkermyrkle Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In the general discussion forum there is already a response from the admin/CMs concerning this issue: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?639581-Cryptic-Launcher-down

It looks like mostly europeans are a hit with this problem.
    [deleted sentence because of wrong information :)]
    Characters: Ravondir Orlond , Vesma Wildheart [GF 18k]

Guild: Zirkel der Weltenwanderer (Circle of the world travellers)

Characters: Betty Lou , Kermit

Guild: Masters of Muppets
  • can379can379 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi! For a long time, I cannot login to Arc from the launcher (I can do it from the site). It always says: "The Arc server encountered an internal error. Please wait a moment and try logging in again." I wait but nothing changes. Please can you help me?
  • jeniserejenisere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    limeye3 wrote: »
    Trying to update the launcher.
    Please be patient.

'Connection problem'
    Unable to establish connect to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.

I was playing NW and when i got into GG pvp my map didnt load and it got stuck in loop at patch 8 files 0 mb/s.
    After this i closed the client and this was the error i got.

I'd also like to make sure this is not a problem on my side, my laptop is just fine and i can acces internet just fine.

I am also having the same problem have replaced the neverwinter.exe file but still says the same thing please be patient gets to 5 tries and comes up with connection problem was working fine last week????? HELP im in Australia so not just Europe plzzzz help
  • chamathmechamathme Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jenisere wrote: »
    I am also having the same problem have replaced the neverwinter.exe file but still says the same thing please be patient gets to 5 tries and comes up with connection problem was working fine last week????? HELP im in Australia so not just Europe plzzzz help

hay im in Sril Lanka and im having this error too! its not just in europe!
    pls fix this fast
  • dontlookatmehdontlookatmeh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So after i click Play , my launcher just dissapears and nothing happens ? Help ?
  • lamansdaughterlamansdaughter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well... after this wondrous thingies event ending patch, I can't login properly. Maps retrieving take too long and sometimes launching the game takes too long. I tried to make a security copy so I can test it on another PC and Steam can't validate two files. Whenever it downloads them again, updating the game launcher, the problem stands still. I tried reinstalling the game and the problem remains. My internet connection is working good... I dunno really what can be happening in any sense. Help please...
  • addisonwainscottaddisonwainscott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    same is happening for me please fix this i click play and it crashes if ive reinstalled 3 times and it works after a fresh install but once i exit game and relaunch it doesnt work tried all of the recommended tips opened ports and all
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are you guys having issues with the steam version? If so I'd try to download from arc and see if that fixes things. I've seen steam not play nice before and that could be the issue.
  • drolyata1drolyata1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well... after this wondrous thingies event ending patch, I can't login properly. Maps retrieving take too long and sometimes launching the game takes too long. I tried to make a security copy so I can test it on another PC and Steam can't validate two files. Whenever it downloads them again, updating the game launcher, the problem stands still. I tried reinstalling the game and the problem remains. My internet connection is working good... I dunno really what can be happening in any sense. Help please...

yup, I'm having this exact same problem. Everytime I start the game, I get the issue with it freezing up at the "cryptic" loading screen and then it times out. I verified the files with steam and 2 were not validated, redownloaded those and started up the launcher. Half of the time, the launcher itself prompts me to verify all the files as an error was detected, press play, and the same thing over again.

I've tried starting with Arc and have had similar luck.

I've tried the fixes suggested in this thread, as well as uninstalling and redownloading twice, and for some reason it worked once but then reverted to this problematic state. I'm kind of at a loss here, anyone have any tips?
  • temieltemiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not even getting to the cryptic loading screen. My problem is loading the launcher. It doesn't matter if I load from Steam or Arc, I get a black 'Loading please wait'.

Reinstalling worked the first time, but then it went back to this state.
    I managed to tinker with it to a point where Arc thought Neverwinter was not installed, so it re-installed the loader (without affecting the game files) so I was able to re-install the loader without reinstalling everything. That worked for one play and then now I'm back at the black 'loading' screen forever. I can't seem to trick ARC again to reinstall the loader.

I'd be okay with re-installing the loader every time I play if that's what it takes - but not the entire game. That'd be a work-around I'd be content with until whatever the problem is gets fixed.
  • akrammistyakrammisty Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dosen't work.
  • sephran46sephran46 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I need some help. I have the launcher for the game, but everytime i launch it, it shows all of the news and stuff, then it all disappears and i get the girl in the armor and a prompt saying the website is experiencing technical difficulties. I type in my PW and it says "cant connect to account linking server" I restart the launcher and same thing happens. I even waited a few months and i still have this problem.
  • xinyssixinyssi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ARC bugged!
  • dmnerodmnero Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My game runs like this now :/ Update 12
  • kenkhan4kenkhan4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    when i first played the game i had to create a character then i got to the giant monster dont know his name newbie right now
    then killed him then when i was going to a place it crashed
    so then i tried the second time clicked on enter world crashed where the place i was going
    please help
  • wytecloudswyteclouds Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    launcher wont load says loading for hours worked yesterday but game was very laggy tried download exe didnt fix plz help
  • melieerosemelieerose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We keep receiving CrypticError: Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. We don't have teamviewer or mumble at all no team chat programs open at all. It happens when changing maps, going into pve, or pvp. We can't figure out how to fix it we have tried everything.
  • extracomfortextracomfort Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have an issue which isn't covered here... Neverwinter simply doesn't open. I click the launcher, it opens normally, log in, etc., and when the game itself actually opens it appears in the taskbar but doesn't come up... I have no clue what is wrong and have searched the forums for hours to no avail D:
  • extracomfortextracomfort Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Scrap my post... it was opening on my other screen, which was turned off! XD
This discussion has been closed.