Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    spartand33 wrote: »
    I feel obliged to answer for all the gamers out there as I have been trying to figure it out for the past 12hrs by using and applying all the methods mentioned in the forums.

In order to go to the folder abovementioned, access registry edit by either;

1. Going to "Start" and typing "regedit" (without the " btw) at the Search field

OR

2. Using the 'Run program' console by pressing the Windows key + R and typing "regedit"

Then go to the folder path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Cryptic Launcher and deleting the "WindoPos" file.

The launcher should create a new file and position the launcher squarely in the middle of your screen.

Just had the same problem happen to me: Double click icon, nothing appears to happen, no splash screen, no launcher updating box, etc.

Thankfully I came across this post and it worked for me. If anyone else is having these issues this is definitely worth a try.

Remember to back up your registry before you try this though.
  • Options
    yoshicat1yoshicat1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I open the launcher and it does nothing for a few seconds, then it closes with a crash report. What the???
  • Options
    fatcat161fatcat161 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I get connecting to account server, then it times out.
  • Options
    lexiiii123lexiiii123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am having the same exact problem and i have no clue why. :(
  • Options
    gleipniirgleipniir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    CANNOT GET PAST LAUNCHER

After opening launcher, I type in my account name/password and click log in and i see the following:
    (bottom-left of launcher inside banner) "Launcher loading"
    Launcher refreshes with my account name next to server status (normal)
    (bottom-left of launcher inside banner) "launcher loading" changes to "connecting ..."
    (bottom-left of launcher inside banner) "connecting ..." changes to "Version NW.3.20130529g.36 ..."

After "Version NW.3.20130529g.36 ..." NOTHING HAPPENS...........client does not open, NO Cryptic studios splash/load screen/login/choose character/enter world.....Nothing
    Launcher remains this way for hours until i convince myself to restart launcher/pc

I was playing fine for a week until launcher and NW home page displayed Dragon shard was currently down - (My CHAR is in Mindflayer and the Dragon shard issue is sorted so i doubt it's relevant but...more info is better)

Sooo, hoping someone had this and fixed it short of re-downloading and patching the game. Please help.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Launcher is broken for me. I was playing fine earlier today after hte patch, then got disconnected while doing a foundry quest. Tried to reconnect and kept saying account server unavailable so I went to do some other things, came back later and now the launcher is a white screen saying loading... please wait. After a while it open internet explorer that say "This program cannot display the webpage".

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: problem has corrected itself, perhaps there was an issue with my ISP or the route from my connection to the neverwinter server.
  • Options
    kerrazzeykerrazzey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    milignent wrote: »
    Anyone else having "Too many attempts, please try again later" @ the log in screen? Should say I got this message on first attempt of logging in today.

Having same problem here and it is first log in in 2 days. any fixes yet ?
  • Options
    epic1908epic1908 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    couldn't login at the laucher, the login button is not working.. please fix it asap, its been 2 days
  • Options
    bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    epic1908 wrote: »
    couldn't login at the laucher, the login button is not working.. please fix it asap, its been 2 days

I am in the same situation...
  • Options
    tjioemtjioem Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am having a bit of a problem with "Error 14 the connection to the server was lost", anyone able to help me??
  • Options
    digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can start the launcher but it is always minimized. I didn't have this problem last night when I was playing. Now I can't login because I can't click PLAY, but I can type in my password.
  • Options
    shieldhealsshieldheals Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same problem; launched game earlier in day, tried later and its minimized
  • Options
    lurch122lurch122 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having a very similar problem myself....Clicking the Neverwinter launcher will open a window that stays minimised on my task bar..no window such as patcher or press start to launch game will appear..i even tried launchin it direct from the Client.EXE and it will load up fine...i get to the point of entering username and password hit login and all i get is "connecting to account server" it will stay on that message each and every time, then it will time out.
    seems odd how this morning after installing and patching the game it all ran like clockwork...i logged in made a character even finished the first mission it then crashed and gave me the OOPS! please explain wat u were doin when it crashed message people have been going on about it....ever since that crash i have been havin the above problem...just hope there is something i can do as nothing has worked so far.
  • Options
    banefoulbanefoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    patched and now will not finished load to log in stops around 50%
  • Options
    mayhem64mayhem64 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am having the same issue for the past few days. I click the Icon and a minimized window that cannot be maximized appears and no sign that the game is actually loading.
  • Options
    mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    work around for those having minimize problem.

-right click on the neverwinter program and select "move"
    -now move it using you arrow key and login and play

frankly, i dont know how their programmer can mess up sumthing as simple as this, tell us a lot about their devs doesnt it?
  • Options
    villar74villar74 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Launcher not working, any solutions?
  • Options
    cadmiumcrowscadmiumcrows Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When I open the Launcher, it begins like normal, but when I click play, it simply closes, nothing, do i need to reinstall or something?
  • Options
    virtualcrackvirtualcrack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cant even get in
    click the icon and now all I see is a mini box cryptic launcher autoupdate
    trying to update the launcher please be patient tried connecting 23 times
    7/19/13 1218pm est
  • Options
    korlamaqkorlamaq Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    cryptic launcher autoupdate is not connecting even after 23 tries... worked fine this morning but now it doesnt work at all not after a restart and open as administrator aswell
  • Options
    phytopathphytopath Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    never had a problem until this last patch,

now just in the autolauncher

"trying to update the launcher
    please be patient,
    tried connecting 23 times."

Tried changing the neverwinter.exe...no dice
  • Options
    jerbezjerbez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here. All is suckage :(
  • Options
    laince28laince28 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just fixed it in my case. Whatever happened with the last patch caused an issue with my antivirus. I am using the newest version of Kaspersky Internet security. I postponed protection for a few minutes then re-launched Neverwinter I have not gone through to check to see if it was a port based issue or an issue with the .exe.

Hopefully, this helps others with their problem.
  • Options
    phytopathphytopath Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I also use Kaspersky, I'll try that when I get home from work
  • Options
    mayhem64mayhem64 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you, mryuz. That worked perfectly. :)
  • Options
    thehonorablethehonorable Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got stuck at patching for a bit but its all cleared up now
  • Options
    loodkoshibaloodkoshiba Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mayhem64 wrote: »
    I am having the same issue for the past few days. I click the Icon and a minimized window that cannot be maximized appears and no sign that the game is actually loading.

I have the same problem
  • Options
    praska24601praska24601 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ive had vanishing launcher issues all week. Had to reinstall 6 times alrdy due to this. Its most frustrating indeed. A launcher being the gateway to the game itself should run seamlessly. Shame Perfectworld, your not perfect at all...
  • Options
    icoclasticoclast Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since the update my game is also stuck... Keep waiting and it keeps standing on Neverwinter Loading screen. My computer tells me that the game dousn't respond... How the hell can I solve this?
  • Options
    jwhiter78jwhiter78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry my bad english.
    If the problem is the launcher minimized and you can't maximized and you can't move (by mryuz), do this ->
    Run registry
    Find: HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Cryptic -> Cryptic Launcher
    and you see in the windowpos key: X -32000 Y -32000
    you change it X 100 Y 100
    Close the registry and start the launcher

I hope i can help
This discussion has been closed.