Install Arc
Options

Gwf pvp gods

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've been killing Sentinal GWF's all day on my cleric. I don't really see the problem tbh, everyone slots the same easy dodgeble abillties.
    It's just a copy paiste build, thats pretty darn bad tbh. It has no mobillty, they run out of sprint in no time. And the Sentinel - Armour Pen build does alot more dmg. The dmg you give up for this build isn't worth it. Sure you can tank 3 people for some time, but you can't really kill em unless they run in 1 by 1 and are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enough to not dodge your Encounters
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    I've been killing Sentinal GWF's all day on my cleric. I don't really see the problem tbh, everyone slots the same easy dodgeble abillties.
    It's just a copy paiste build, thats pretty darn bad tbh. It has no mobillty, they run out of sprint in no time. And the Sentinel - Armour Pen build does alot more dmg. The dmg you give up for this build isn't worth it. Sure you can tank 3 people for some time, but you can't really kill em unless they run in 1 by 1 and are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enough to not dodge your Encounters

Your full of it. Whats this cleric post you made below then. I think you switched to GWF
    Cleric isn't playble in pvp, the last nerfs + buffs to fighter classes + no CC breakers or recovery time + people starting to get good gear makes the class completly useless. Don't pvp with the Cleric class until they have sorted this class. It's by a large marginal the worst class in the end game pvp. The heals arn't even a threat to anyone. Whats the point of having a 12k heal over time when people burst focus for 100k dmg. Just go play another game if your PVP focused and your main is a Cleric tbh

Lol you did. Why are you guys so obvious. You are a liar.
    GWF are really really great in PVP now, i'm running a tankish deflect build with around 30k HP. Sure Strike have been buffed ALOT and with Charge and high sustained dmg from sure strike they can deal alot of dmg and be really hard to dodge. Once they are out of tricks and dodges, I knock em down and finish em with Restoring Strike. Use the sprint abillity to get to next target, he starts dodging, and i keep repeating Charge + Sure Strike until he's out of tricks then Knockdown, Restoring Strike to finish em off. This is not the highest dps build for GWF out there, but i'm pretty sure it's the moast sustainable one for PVP. You can take alot of punish in this build. And with the buff to Unstoppeble you can fight 1 vs 3 for quit long.

I love how the people who play the class come in and spew forth misinformation.

Dude you are a flat out liar.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Any reply mod as to why you are trying to misinform people.
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you can have more than one character
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The healing cleric isn't playble in pvp. The dps one works just fine.
    And i have 4 lvl 60 toons, what the problem? And i was making a statement about the Copy Paiste Sentinel build thats everyone running not the build i'm using.
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My gf still beats out most gwfs 1v1. Clerics do okagainst them from a distance because of their dots. My gwf is pretty tough 1v1 agaist most classes but its dps is kinda low, it usually wins the war of attrition. if a gwf is close enough to beat on your cw, you arent playing him right.
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    My gf still beats out most gwfs 1v1. Clerics do okagainst them from a distance because of their dots. My gwf is pretty tough 1v1 agaist most classes but its dps is kinda low, it usually wins the war of attrition. if a gwf is close enough to beat on your cw, you arent playing him right.

Most GWF don't play the hybrid DPS build correctly or they don't CC at the proper windows so I can def buy a GF beaten them more than not. Typically it's a 50/50 fight and a good one. You're right about CW and Ive even seen a few healing clerics in the past that were **** near unkillable which has given me new respect for their self survival capacity. They were 20mil Clerics buy yea, it can happen.

But there's no way a GF can beat a Sent/Tene GFW, you're full CC chain will bring them to maybe 50% they will unstoppable for +25% Then Restoring strike and whether you block or not it will bring them back to effective full HP. They will then break your guard in a matter of 4 seconds, if you drop guard and run they will Takedown you in the back. If you block that CC they will finish off your gaurd, flurry, hit some more, restoring strike and eventually Takedown again with your guard broken. You "might" still be alive after this and get a bullrush/lunging as their unstoppable wears off, but now they're at 1/3 possibly much more with lifesteal and restor HoT, they unstoppable again and finish you.

This is not to mention at the start if you tried lunging then bullrush a GWF can effectively cancel your bullrush by using Takedown as you lunge.

As usual Gtene and Pvorpral are to blame.
  • Options
    harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    let me tell u how gwf heal himself/herself .....1.restoring strike 2500dmg and restore hp 2.unstoppable heals gwf if he has that extra feat ...15% of total hp 3.temporary hp in unstoppable depending on gwf's determination about 2500 4.if have a good lifesteal can heal good amount hp..............after that paragon hero .....5.my is sentinel build which gives me restoring strike's half amount dmg healed up over 4sec and then come gear 6.that gives 10% total hp healed over 10sec ........and deflect chance 23% mine and pvp potions........and it must be in that way because gwf cant kill a running away foe .but gf can....
  • Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2013
    I love that GWF already recovered.

What did you say? You are pvp gods? Well atleast I know that gods do die now. - Trickster Rogue
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zxorn wrote: »
    Most GWF don't play the hybrid DPS build correctly or they don't CC at the proper windows so I can def buy a GF beaten them more than not. Typically it's a 50/50 fight and a good one. You're right about CW and Ive even seen a few healing clerics in the past that were **** near unkillable which has given me new respect for their self survival capacity. They were 20mil Clerics buy yea, it can happen.

But there's no way a GF can beat a Sent/Tene GFW, you're full CC chain will bring them to maybe 50% they will unstoppable for +25% Then Restoring strike and whether you block or not it will bring them back to effective full HP. They will then break your guard in a matter of 4 seconds, if you drop guard and run they will Takedown you in the back. If you block that CC they will finish off your gaurd, flurry, hit some more, restoring strike and eventually Takedown again with your guard broken. You "might" still be alive after this and get a bullrush/lunging as their unstoppable wears off, but now they're at 1/3 possibly much more with lifesteal and restor HoT, they unstoppable again and finish you.

This is not to mention at the start if you tried lunging then bullrush a GWF can effectively cancel your bullrush by using Takedown as you lunge.

As usual Gtene and Pvorpral are to blame.

+1

GWF is able to restore/combination of temp hp, good defence, awesome immune skill and dish out incred damage just make them overpower. Either give them the damage, or give them the god mode, just one and not both.

IMO, GWF=1CW(dmg)+1GF(tanky)+unstoppable(tempHP+immune).
  • Options
    dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    +1

GWF is able to restore/combination of temp hp, good defence, awesome immune skill and dish out incred damage just make them overpower. Either give them the damage, or give them the god mode, just one and not both.

IMO, GWF=1CW(dmg)+1GF(tanky)+unstoppable(tempHP+immune).
    GWF is a dps tank despite the fail logic that a tank has to be able to taunt that most people assume and falsely I might add. A tank just needs to be able to take a hit regardless of what damage they might dish out. If GWF has any OP failings in PvP I've not seen it,(though I think unstoppable mechanic is just too complicated for most PvP types to get around)GF can prone them and kill them and if not only with their encounter cycle while they are prone a second party member can obviously finish them off. GF and GWF I expect to be the victors in 1V1 or even when outnumbered if the opposition isn't exploiting the known weaknesses that unstoppable is short lived in duration and prone attacks they can't avoid and unstoppable during.

I suppose when such a large number play rogues and CWs that aren't prone skill users GWF seem truely unstoppable but to GF with prone skills they are open game as despite being fairly tanky a tank that is turned over isn't much of a threat.
  • Options
    szandmanszandman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am assuming without Greater Tenebrous the Sentinel build cannot function - correct? I have GPF and full avatar or heroic duelist armor, but no Tenebrous enchants. I am unwilling to invest the money in this game to purchase them at this point, either.

I am currently an AOE specialized instigator and PVP is painful for me. I do incredible PVE damage, but cannot enjoy the part of the game I love the most - the PVP aspect. I miss my old stun-lock build. I was looking for a build that would excel in both PVE and PVP, but I fear blowing the free respec to Sentinel it up without the Tenebrous or Vigilant/Titan armor may be a mistake. Amiright?
  • Options
    drungorthdrungorth Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2013
    Stop whining...i play a GWF sent full hp and 6 X tene enchant...

All the power comes from well...tene enchants lol !

Roll any class, max your hp and enjoy...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    szandman wrote: »
    I am assuming without Greater Tenebrous the Sentinel build cannot function - correct? I have GPF and full avatar or heroic duelist armor, but no Tenebrous enchants. I am unwilling to invest the money in this game to purchase them at this point, either.

I am currently an AOE specialized instigator and PVP is painful for me. I do incredible PVE damage, but cannot enjoy the part of the game I love the most - the PVP aspect. I miss my old stun-lock build. I was looking for a build that would excel in both PVE and PVP, but I fear blowing the free respec to Sentinel it up without the Tenebrous or Vigilant/Titan armor may be a mistake. Amiright?

Actually i use 6 normal tene as greater are WAY too expensive but i'm farming for it.
    For me best Senti build now is the 2x T2 pvp from gaunt 2x Titan's which will offer 2 x 1800 hp ^^
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Even in that build i do pretty good in pve.

Using Daring shout, come and get it and shout. I'm always 2nd dps behind the rogue if same GS...
    I tank everything and work for the CW is easier, as it is for the DC.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I understand the frustration with Gtene making anyone that can afford them a walking death machine. Fact is, the people that have them love to destroy pugs. It's gets them off.
    I also understand that we shouldn't be arguing the mechanics of a leather wearing rogue standing toe to toe with a character in full plate/scale or whatever and have the ability to walk away unscathed. That's why tactics and stealth are part of the TR's abilities.
    If it wasn't for enchantments being so dominant, the conversations about pvp would be very different right now.
    What about Potions of Rejuvenation working in pvp? Ya, another broken thing...
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    awesome immune skill

Which one?
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Killing gwfs is easy.

Kite when have temp hp.

Murder them when they dont.

Learn their pathetically slow attack animations, press shift, and win.

I assume most of you try to unload on them hen they go big red- that is a bad move.
  • Options
    buxna89buxna89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmmm i may say only thing imo is to increase ability's cooldown for 1-2-3 sec...and its all set. Not too hard to kill if u have normal team ... and yes it is impossible to kill them if u are ****. I am TR and i kill them ez after i take care of their CW's and DC's....I play Dota2 and used to play HoN and 1 thing noobs allways did is focusing tanks.... i mean, after all they are TANKS!!!!!
  • Options
    yoimtehrea1yoimtehrea1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the things is if they increased their cool downs then early game would realy suck for gwf's at early levels the 20 second cooldowns on your skills realy sucks. but beating a gwf shouldn't be a problem unless you are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and use all your encounters while they are in unstopable. i would sugest making a toon of each class for new players so that they can know the mechanincs of the class before complaining about it being op.
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ^^yep

I see people unloading on gwfs with their temp hp up all the time.

I bet many of them come here and make op posts afterward.

Starting to think "op" means, "cannot tunnel to death."

Gwfs are not op, just extremely troll-ish. Most annoying class to fight besides a good cw, imo.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    griz024 wrote: »
    Killing gwfs is easy.

Kite when have temp hp.

I assume most of you try to unload on them hen they go big red- that is a bad move.

Nice strategy. But you won't make it out alive. Try a full greater/perf teneb build GWF.
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    griz024 wrote: »
    Killing gwfs is easy.

Kite when have temp hp.

GWFs aren't a problem it's specifically the Sent/Tene combo that's unbeatable by a GF. Ive fought three now with perfect execution on blocks with their Takedown and Flurry twice in a row each, obviously you kite them when they're unstoppable and block when they try to CC. Unfortunately blocking 2 sets of Takedown and Flurry even without Tene procs insures your guard is broken or very close to breaking, depending on crits.

However no matter what you do they will gain HP from Restoring strike. Block or not. This is what insures that they win the fight.

Its yet another flawed mechanic of this game affecting a specific situation. If they fixed it so that Restoring strike was not a Heal against block as well as lifesteal the story might be different.