test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gwf pvp gods

Comments

• bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Yeah like sending two people to try to take one down. Don't even bring up tactics when it comes to your OP build lol.
    Now you're thinking!
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bayne3 wrote: »
    Now you're thinking!

Yeah if two people have to go to for one person, essentially you reduced their numbers at mid and their own cap point.

Do you not see how freaking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> your class is, is that you can carry your team on your back alone because of your class' OPness?
  • bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Yeah if two people have to go to for one person, essentially you reduced their numbers at mid and their own cap point.

Do you not see how freaking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> your class is, is that you can carry your team on your back alone because of your class' OPness?
    I just see your inability to adapt. Personally, I think they should increase the CD of takedown, but I feel its mostly your problem.
  • tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People think GWF's are overpowered now because they're used to the class being a free kill. Keep playing; eventually you'll figure out how to beat them. They're rather balanced now; you just have to learn the appropriate counter.
  • c2n2c2n2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Told yah, the cry about gwf just begins, ppl soon will forget about gf and rogue...

Hehe, as I was reading this I was just thinking, hey didn't someone say in that big GF rant post that people would be saying GWFs are OP next :P
  • flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    Okay, now we just need a thread complaining that clerics are OP and we'll have covered all the classes supposedly being OP.
  • druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    Heh I hit a GWF for 9k damage yesterday and his DR reduced it to 1700. And I have 1800 armor pen...
    My GWF has 25 constitution(with campfire bonus and not counting HP enchants), good luck with that.
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • finalwinterfinalwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oakbender wrote: »
    Please fix gwf they are ridiculously hard to kill now 3 (2 wiz 1 rogue)OF US WITH FULL T2 GEARED WITH 7+ ENCHANTS could not kill one gwf it heals faster then WE could do damage to it. ignored our daily's both of us or we did not do damage to him with it. this happened more then once they are way over powered he could spam what ever that spell is that makes them bigger he was almost constantly in it. I am not a average player in pvp I am better then most and I find the new gwf to over powered I just run from them now. he could spam some type of skill also when he caught you that locked us in place and stunned us no way out and could almost 2 shot us.
    pvp is so screwed up certain rogue build can be in invis mode at ALL times and you can not hit them. only out of it for a 1 or 2 sec then back in they can hit you but you cant hit them. Couple that with a 1-2 sec it takes them to kil us wiz is a joke.

Hmmmm. NOO.... Sorry buddy but GWF have always sucked and we still do compared to all the other classes. However, in PvP now we are actually able to do somthing worth a ****...soooo.... face the fury of the GWF!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol pvp gods and still worthless in PvE teams it seems.
  • chaosreborn720chaosreborn720 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People needs to look into things before QQing. The class didn't get that much of a buff.... Most of it was a 10% CDR on a bunch of skills and 10% dmg buff. The class still has the same defensive stats as it did 3 weeks ago. We just get to do damage now...We just have a crit severity buff built into our class so while most people are running around with 75% we have 90 or 95 if we are an half orc. People are just giving the class a chance now and the GOOD players are realizing the potential. While the bad are just copying the good. I'm specced destroyer with 9.6 GS. My abilities on a training dummy do.. Takedown 2.5k/5.2k crit. Flourish 4k/7.5 crit. And IBS does 5.5k/9.5k crit. And finally crescendo does around 8-13k dmg as its one of the only true multihitting attacks it's hard to gauge it's damage crit or no.
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bayne3 wrote: »
    I just see your inability to adapt. Personally, I think they should increase the CD of takedown, but I feel its mostly your problem.

Lol, my guild adapted by sending one of our own GWFs to stand toe toe and sly flourish it out for minutes on end. You can't even admit that your class can take on 3-4 people easily and have the nerve to say it's my inability to adapt.

Edit: came off too hostile, apologies
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Catch 22. damned if they do, damned if they don't. Last week the hyperbole was that the class wasn't worth playing and this week the hyperbole is its OP and needs a nerf.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Catch 22. damned if they do, damned if they don't. Last week the hyperbole was that the class wasn't worth playing and this week the hyperbole is its OP and needs a nerf.

To be fair a lot of the QQ is from the pretty dire flavour-of-the month players who flocked to play TRs and are now having a hard time coping with the fact that they have to do more than hold down a single mouse button to beat GWFs now.......
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hate GWF in PvP. I don't see how they are still useless in PVE tho? I usually rather run with a GWF then a GF in CN, given that GWF can run around pretty circles with the adds heal himself then also do damage on 3rd boss, it's a winner.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    Ya great ... QQ-ers are gonna keep QQ-ing..

but yes thx to the QQ-ers in the first place now things are at the other extreme....
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    To be fair a lot of the QQ is from the pretty dire flavour-of-the month players who flocked to play TRs and are now having a hard time coping with the fact that they have to do more than hold down a single mouse button to beat GWFs now.......

I actually still have no prob beating a GWF on my TR. But on my CW that **** takes major luck.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually still have no prob beating a GWF on my TR. But on my CW that **** takes major luck.

Well yes, that was my point - a good TR stands a fairly even chance (maybe better than even) against a good GWF IF they know how to fight smart. It is just the huge mass of unskilled players who flocked to play TRs when they were truly overpowered who are are acting like crybabies now rather than learning how to play properly. Then again, if they actually knew how to properly adjust they wouldn't be so unskilled that they needed to play OP classes in the first place...
  • belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    From a PVP perspective and a GWF, I have to "agree" with the TR in regards to our temporary hit points.

As a level 60 destroyer meh spec, I'm still a bit of a glass cannon. The temporary hit points will still fall faster then I can normally get it back up.

As a lvl50 sentinel. Please find another TR to help you. And a cleric and maybe a CW. Without your dailies up, I can stay at 10%hp for a good while if I have nothing on CD simply due to the fact that there are 3 people hitting me. One on One? You will likely have your cooldowns finished and my temp hp already gone before I can actually use Determination again. This will likely change when my recovery increases.
  • notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if OP was QQing about his class being unbalanced when his CW could 2 hit GWFers before the patch?
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Love to read about the brain-dead Trickster Rogues crying and whining about how they could not kill a Great Weapon Fighter. BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You chumps, who picked the easiest and most-overpowered class, strutting around like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of the walk, can now suffer. GWFs could not even get in Dungeon groups. People wanted 2 TRs. I hope you all choke on it. BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    edited June 2013
    belladan wrote: »
    From a PVP perspective and a GWF, I have to "agree" with the TR in regards to our temporary hit points.

As a level 60 destroyer meh spec, I'm still a bit of a glass cannon. The temporary hit points will still fall faster then I can normally get it back up.

As a lvl50 sentinel. Please find another TR to help you. And a cleric and maybe a CW. Without your dailies up, I can stay at 10%hp for a good while if I have nothing on CD simply due to the fact that there are 3 people hitting me. One on One? You will likely have your cooldowns finished and my temp hp already gone before I can actually use Determination again. This will likely change when my recovery increases.

Lol, it's so true when it comes to fighting a sentinel GWF. Props to you for admitting that a sentinel GWF is kind of ridiculous at the moment.
  • kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Tip when fighting a GWF and he activates his healing skill (dont know the name of it) then just run so he hopefully doesnt hit you (not to much atleast), when skill run off kill him, not that hard is it?

And for a GF, dont block to much cuz he will still heal.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I agree. I'm a T2 Wizard with Full enchants, rank 4 and 5. Yet its impossible to do any serious damage. On top of that, they are so hit so hard that I'm down nearly half health on first hit. Then before I can react on the second one he hits me again killing me.

I understand as CW. I have an advantage over him, vanishing and reappearing. It got to the point where one of members my party said, don't focus on the Guardian. It took so long to kill them over time, it was easier to focus on others first. Its simply not fair.

Sounds fair to me, maybe they had all T2 and all rank 5 enchants :P your rank 4 just didn't cut it :P Also good for GWF about time they were more on par.
  • mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    so far everyone who think sentinel GWF is not OP are the one that using them, GG
    just like TRs that say int perma stealth is not OP, but hey compare to sentinel gwf they are actually right!!
  • nachofootnachofoot Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Sounds fair to me, maybe they had all T2 and all rank 5 enchants :P your rank 4 just didn't cut it :P Also good for GWF about time they were more on par.

I would say out of par now. GWF is the new tank in pvp and pve.

GFs? Don't need 'em anymore....
  • slashenterslashenter Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So now ppl will start crying to nerf gfw which is an off tank like they cry for the striker...
    edited June 2013
    slashenter wrote: »
    So now ppl will start crying to nerf gfw which is an off tank like they cry for the striker...

When they can do this in pvp:

GWF trolling

People actually think low damage perma-stealth TRs are OP compared to this is mind blowing.

Look at the Ice Knife the CW does to him at 3:58, it barely moves his HP bar.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I appreciate the honesty of those who play a GWF admitting its ridiculous.
    TR's perma stealth build is stupid.
    Those who try and defend GWF saying adapt, is lol.
    It's like asking someone to adapt when running head first at a truck doing 60 mph towards you.
    Resistance is futile, and that's why so many are playing them.
    Enjoy your flavour of the month build!!
    Oh and off tanks either dps or tank or they can do both but much worse than either a tank or a dps class.
    They shouldn't be able to do both better. That's the point of a hybrid.
  • woodlandwoods1woodlandwoods1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That is the problem with their balance changes: They go way over the top.

Someone is either getting nerfed into the ground or an overkill boost.