test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gwf pvp gods

oakbenderoakbender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Please fix gwf they are ridiculously hard to kill now 3 (2 wiz 1 rogue)OF US WITH FULL T2 GEARED WITH 7+ ENCHANTS could not kill one gwf it heals faster then WE could do damage to it. ignored our daily's both of us or we did not do damage to him with it. this happened more then once they are way over powered he could spam what ever that spell is that makes them bigger he was almost constantly in it. I am not a average player in pvp I am better then most and I find the new gwf to over powered I just run from them now. he could spam some type of skill also when he caught you that locked us in place and stunned us no way out and could almost 2 shot us.
pvp is so screwed up certain rogue build can be in invis mode at ALL times and you can not hit them. only out of it for a 1 or 2 sec then back in they can hit you but you cant hit them. Couple that with a 1-2 sec it takes them to kil us wiz is a joke.
Post edited by oakbender on

Comments

• bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I tend to self heal a lot on my sentinel when 5 wizards stand in melee range of me. Gives me lots of unstoppable too. The real problems are the high-end enchants, not the GWF class.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just post some videos, I get sick of being a 12k TR not being able to do take the damage a GWF can as well as dish it out.
    Sorry, but its total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that a heavy armor class, can keep the defense along with the dps compared to the supposed glass cannons who can't even do enough damage to a GWF to kill them, let alone dream about being able to take it.
    And come next patch they are just going to be worse, along with GF's and the perma knock back that can not be avoided (break free abilities) do not prevent it.
    They are Improving there block, lol.
    PW don't even try out chages to classes in pvp, because if they did, they wouldn't be doing this with block as its stupid enough already.
    As for the perma stealth from TR, clever use of a build, but totally ridiculous, not something I use, and just ruins any match.
    Perma capture the flag and nothing that can really be done.
  • oakbenderoakbender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please fix gwf they are ridiculously hard to kill now 3 (2 wiz 1 rogue)OF US WITH FULL T2 GEARED WITH 7+ ENCHANTS could not kill one gwf it heals faster then WE could do damage to it. ignored our daily's both of us or we did not do damage to him with it. this happened more then once they are way over powered he could spam what ever that spell is that makes them bigger he was almost constantly in it. I am not a average player in pvp I am better then most and I find the new gwf to over powered I just run from them now. he could spam some type of skill also when he caught you that locked us in place and stunned us no way out and could almost 2 shot us.
    pvp is so screwed up certain rogue build can be in invis mode at ALL times and you can not hit them. only out of it for a 1 or 2 sec then back in they can hit you but you cant hit them. Couple that with a 1-2 sec it takes them to kil us wiz is a joke.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can not balance PvP & PvE so stop the QQ.

The Defense GWF has always existed but with the buff they actually do damage now.
  • yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oakbender wrote: »

Told yah, the cry about gwf just begins, ppl soon will forget about gf and rogue...
  • druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    How do you know it's the class that's OP or that the particular character you played against didn't have ridiculously high deflection and perfect gear with level 10 enchants? Yes, nerf a class because some people have powerful characters of that class. SMH
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People complaining about a GWF's temporary hp, reminds me of those people that you see get frustrated while pushing against the door labeled "PULL".
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    gabryel wrote: »
    People complaining about a GWF's temporary hp, reminds me of those people that you see get frustrated while pushing against the door labeled "PULL".

^ This made my day. ^^
  • sgtmoody85sgtmoody85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its not the temporary HP that is the issue it is the fact that they can heal through all the damage that you dish to them. I have noticed this in the lower PVP brackets as well. Currently I am running my rogue through the lvl 40 bracket and I have fought a GWF with myself and another CW and while we both burn encounter powers and dailies the GWF just sits there taking next to know damage and healing. Combine that with one of the map potions and not only will they eat all your damage and kill you but they will end the fight with full health. The same fight as mentioned the gwf was at about 10% health ran and got one of the map potions continued to fight then killed me and the CW and ended the fight with full health!?!

Now granted I dont play a gwf so I dont know there abilities but generally if you start a fight at lower health and end the fight at full with 2 kills there is something wrong there.
    edited June 2013
    sgtmoody85 wrote: »
    its not the temporary HP that is the issue it is the fact that they can heal through all the damage that you dish to them. I have noticed this in the lower PVP brackets as well. Currently I am running my rogue through the lvl 40 bracket and I have fought a GWF with myself and another CW and while we both burn encounter powers and dailies the GWF just sits there taking next to know damage and healing. Combine that with one of the map potions and not only will they eat all your damage and kill you but they will end the fight with full health. The same fight as mentioned the gwf was at about 10% health ran and got one of the map potions continued to fight then killed me and the CW and ended the fight with full health!?!
    If you can't beat them, join them. At least you get invited to CN as a CW to chuck mobs off a cliff, eh?
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How do you know it's the class that's OP or that the particular character you played against didn't have ridiculously high deflection and perfect gear with level 10 enchants? Yes, nerf a class because some people have powerful characters of that class. SMH

It is the class because one of my guildies rolled a GWF to counter this troll build and when he hit 60 with greens, he was tanking 3-4 players easily. He barely gets kills but the capture point is always contested and trolls the enemy team, even jumping up and down while people waste their dailies.

When you have 42% mitigation, 30+% deflection, a large health pool, greater tenebrous, and over 1k+ regen, it's easy to troll 3-4 people at a time.
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you can't beat them, join them. At least you get invited to CN as a CW to chuck mobs off a cliff, eh?

That's exactly what some guildies did to counter them lol.
    edited June 2013
    You know who complains about GWF most? People who want to have the CW shut down everyone because no one is immune. People should just lay down and die for wizards after all.
    edited June 2013
    You know who complains about GWF most, people who would rather have the CW shut down everyone because no one is immune. People should just lay down and die for wizards after all.

That's a nice generalization buddy but seriously, go against a geared out GWF and tell me how long does it take to take him down 2v1. They're more tanky than the the tank class GFs.

BTW, my main is a TR and CWs don't bother me at all.
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    That's a nice generalization buddy but seriously, go against a geared out GWF and tell me how long does it take to take him down 2v1. They're more tanky than the the tank class GFs.
    I'd be the GWF that's a thorn on your side in vs because that's my main toon.
    BTW, my main is a TR and CWs don't bother me at all.
    Isn't it much easier for a TR to steamroll past everything with a CW that shuts everyone down because nobody is immune to it? It's not like that immunity is permanent either, but it makes all opponents laying down and dying for you difficult, doesn't it?
    edited June 2013
    I'd be the GWF that's a thorn on your side because that's my main toon.Isn't it much easier for TR to steamroll past everything with a CW that shuts everyone down because nobody is immune to it?

Ok at least your biased opinion is out in the open.
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Ok at least your biased opinion is out in the open.
    You have to admit that if there wasn't a class that gives TR and CW players a challenge you could just steamroll past everyone that stands in your way though.
  • sgtmoody85sgtmoody85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have to admit that if there wasn't a class that gives TR and CW players a challenge you could just steamroll past everyone that stands in your way though.
    You do realize there is a difference between a challenge and OP right?? GFs are a challenge since you have shift around their block to do damage to them.

There is no challenge involved when you cant physically out damage a class' damage mitigation and healing to the point that you are dead and they still have all their health.
    edited June 2013

There is no skill whatsover to contest points endlessly while you heal through everyone's damage. If you have 2 GWFs; one back capping, one at your point, how is the enemy team going to win?

I guess you want premades to be 5 GWFs vs 5 GWFs then lol.
    edited June 2013
    sgtmoody85 wrote: »
    You do realize there is a difference between a challenge and OP right?? GFs are a challenge since you have shift around their block to do damage to them.

There is no challenge involved when you cant physically out damage a class' damage mitigation and healing to the point that you are dead and they still have all their health.

This^^

This man gets it. People cry about my class (TR) being OP but wait till they meet a geared out GWF, it's beyond anything what a TR can do even with the gimmick perma-stealth build.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gabryel wrote: »
    1367496144-golf-clap.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Told yah, the cry about gwf just begins, ppl soon will forget about gf and rogue...

you mean cw and rogue?
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    You can not balance PvP & PvE so stop the QQ.

The Defense GWF has always existed but with the buff they actually do damage now.

its true dude, it happen to me too, 3v1 and he manages to get away with a little bit of health and kills 2 of them, then another situation, a 4v1, my team was all on them I had to go there, use crit dashing blade and daily shocking execution to kill him, and it only worked cuz it ignores defences...
  • bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are tactics to kill a Sentinel. You just haven't figured them out yet.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Heh I hit a GWF for 9k damage yesterday and his DR reduced it to 1700. And I have 1800 armor pen...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A well-played TR is still stronger than a well-played GWF.

Note the emphasis on well-played. The problem is most of the people who play TRs only did it because it was stupidly OP initially and now that they actually have to do something other than hold down one button complain....
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree. I'm a T2 Wizard with Full enchants, rank 4 and 5. Yet its impossible to do any serious damage. On top of that, they are so hit so hard that I'm down nearly half health on first hit. Then before I can react on the second one he hits me again killing me.

I understand as CW. I have an advantage over him, vanishing and reappearing. It got to the point where one of members my party said, don't focus on the Guardian. It took so long to kill them over time, it was easier to focus on others first. Its simply not fair.
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a Regen Cleric and it cannot out DPS My heals. It's a 5 minute battle that just ends in us giving up and walking away.
  • naamaesanaamaesa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bayne3 wrote: »

Can't kill, but I run upstairs and push them off a cliff, seems to work well. Oh well.
    edited June 2013
    bayne3 wrote: »

Yeah like sending two people to try to take one down. Don't even bring up tactics when it comes to your OP build lol.