test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gwf pvp gods

Comments

• damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    1 fully geared 6 tenebr gwf vs 3 fully geared 6 tenebr... u have got to be kidding me.... he dies even before he can pop unstoppable right after soulforged is off.... u just green geared noobs who fight 15k GS GWF's with lvl 50 greenz 3 vs 1.... get some nice gear and stop spreading misinformation.... 15k CW\TR vs 15k GWF... gwf is so dead...
    Non-sentinel GWFs are easy to kill, sentinel specced is the problem in PvP right now.
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bayne3 wrote: »
    You can have a self healing ability too if you stack lifesteal and regen. The only ability we have that we normally use (minus that bad pvp set) that can give us life is unstoppable, but it is temp hp and disappears after unstoppable ends. You just need to understand how the GWF mechanics work to beat them. I mean, sentinels are a tank spec, if you remove or nerf those abilities you have a GWF that doesn't do damage and doesn't tank.

Here's a trick, if you have 5 guys hitting a sentinel and he goes unstoppable, stop hitting him and disperse (save your cooldowns, he can't hit everyone in different directions). When he comes out of unstoppable, unleash on him. 9 out of 10 times, I see players do the opposite and only feed his lifesteal.
    Yea but then you chug rejuv pots that have a separate cooldown from battle potions and be **** near invincible. You even posted in the rejuv pot thread in Bug reports so you know their usefulness as well for your particular build.
  • bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Then buy some rejuv pots. It's not like only GWFs can use them in PvP.
    edited June 2013
    Then buy some rejuv pots. It's not like only GWFs can use them in PvP.

Rejuv pots won't do anything to take down a sentinel GWF if they are using it too. If you are too dense to understand that using rejuv pots as a sentinel build yields:

1) Restores your health along side with battle potions which increases your greater tenebrous procs

2) Since you increased your tenebrous procs, your restoring strike will heal yourself again for a good amount and refilling your stamina at the same time

You really don't want your build to be nerfed but it's completely broken in domination pvp and you guys stack regen on top of it for more epic trolling.
    edited June 2013
    One thing I like to point as well since rejuv pots has no cooldown out of combat, they can heal themselves to full if you leave them alone.

With a 1man army that this spec is, if you bring 2 of your teammates to take him down, you suffer at mid. If you leave him alone he chugs rejuv pots and caps your point. Either way you lose and that my friend is the definition of broken.
  • bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have no idea what you're talking about. The best way to learn how to fight a class is to play one. You should try doing that. The stamina they're talking about from restoring strike is your sprint, not health.

and there is a CD while in combat.
    edited June 2013
    You have no idea what you're talking about. The best way to learn how to fight a class is to play one. You should try doing that.

Lol, my guildies rolled one to counter you guys and they both tell me it's broken in pvp because it is.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Restoring_Strike
    Restoring strike -

The increases in the Heal at Rank 2 and Rank 3 are additive (it heals for 30% of damage done at Rank 2 and 40% of damage done at Rank 3).

Sentinel's Aegis - Increases the effectiveness of your Defense stat by 20% and causes Restoring Strike to Heal an additional 50% over 3 seconds.

You use battle pots and rejuv pots to heal yourself, then restoring strike to heal yourself again, and since you gained a good amount of health, your tenebrous procs will hit that much harder.

High defense/high offense

Try again buddy.
    edited June 2013
    Well you're saying that the GWF is OP but what you really mean to say is that the Tenebrous is OP. I can agree with that. I think most the endgame enchants are over the top.
    edited June 2013
    Well you're saying that the GWF is OP and what you really mean to say is that the Tenebrous is OP. I can agree with that. I think most the endgame enchants are over the top.

No it's the combination of tenebrous, high mitigation, high deflection, 1k regen, pvp pots with battle pots with rejuv pots that makes your class broken.
    edited June 2013
    Well, Sentinels are tanks. Do you want Cryptic to turn the sentinel tree into something else and completely rework it's mechanics and it's endgame gear set? What's your solution?
    edited June 2013
    Yes, it heals you, but it also increases your run stamina. Besides what's your point? Nobody is denying Sentinel surviviablity.
    edited June 2013
    Well, Sentinels are tanks. Do you want Cryptic to turn the sentinel tree into something else and completely rework it's mechanics and it's endgame gear set? What's your solution?

It took all this freaking time to admit your class is OP. The tanks are GFs, not sentinels. My solution is that Cryptic needs to look at this build because it's broken in pvp. I don't get paid to come up with solutions to broken builds, that falls on Cryptic developers.
    edited June 2013
    But they are tanks. Have you actually seen the talents in the tree?
    edited June 2013
    Yes, it heals you, but it also increases your run stamina. Besides what's your point? Nobody is denying Sentinel surviviablity.

One of your first posts is telling me it's my inability to adapt and now you're saying nobody is denying Sentinel survivability?

That's the point of this thread and yet you told me it's my inability to adapt right?

:rolleyes:
    edited June 2013
    Yes, exactly.
    edited June 2013
    But they are tanks. Have you actually seen the talents in the tree?

No they are not tanks in the sense because they can't hold aggro.
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    It took all this freaking time to admit your class is OP. The tanks are GFs, not sentinels. My solution is that Cryptic needs to look at this build because it's broken in pvp. I don't get paid to come up with solutions to broken builds, that falls on Cryptic developers.

Sentinels are tanks. They're not very good tanks right now, but that's not really their fault. Half the feats in the tree are designed to manage aggro. Again, none of them are very effective currently, but the intention behind their design is that they are meant to be tanks.
    edited June 2013
    gabryel wrote: »
    Sentinels are tanks. They're not very good tanks right now, but that's not really their fault. Half the feats in the tree are designed to manage aggro. Again, none of them are very effective currently, but the intention behind their design is that they are meant to be tanks.

If you compare the class GF vs GWF, they are not tanks because like you said, none of the feats are effective.

The problem that I have and many others as well, is when they come over to the pvp side of the game and can literally carry their team because of the build alone.
  • astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oakbender wrote: »
    Please fix gwf they are ridiculously hard to kill now 3 (2 wiz 1 rogue)OF US WITH FULL T2 GEARED WITH 7+ ENCHANTS could not kill one gwf it heals faster then WE could do damage to it. ignored our daily's both of us or we did not do damage to him with it. this happened more then once they are way over powered he could spam what ever that spell is that makes them bigger he was almost constantly in it. I am not a average player in pvp I am better then most and I find the new gwf to over powered I just run from them now. he could spam some type of skill also when he caught you that locked us in place and stunned us no way out and could almost 2 shot us.
    pvp is so screwed up certain rogue build can be in invis mode at ALL times and you can not hit them. only out of it for a 1 or 2 sec then back in they can hit you but you cant hit them. Couple that with a 1-2 sec it takes them to kil us wiz is a joke.

Ummm... should try to sort out your facts first.

1 - The hard to kill GWF is not because of build, its because the GWF has chosen the Titan set which is all defense. THAT is really the only way to survive PVP right now for us.

2 - Gee... How do explain 1 CW (who has the 'unlimited' teleport trick and takes little damage - trust me i dont understand these either compared to other CW) can kill 2 yes TWO GWFs in a 3 way battle. Can give you the name of the CW too if you want to check.

3 - Why cant a GWF camp a node and basically control it - like a good GF (i know most are gone) A CW... or to a lesser extent a DC

4 If a Non titan'ed GWF fights solos me - he dies. This is due to my defense/deflect mitigates more than his ouput is boosted in comparison. Still, its a long fight - and I have no room for error.

5. Heal - what heal, we have no heals... life steal? Doubt it... If you put that much in life steal on our gear... well, something else is suffering. OH ya restoring strike.... well if a GWF is using that ... he sure as heck isnt killing you. Its one of our weakest damage strikes.

6. The constant invisa rogue. (yes i play rogue too). That's an expploit not a build. It is a speed hack that plagues games like this. The only stealth a rogue has is one round of stealth, and if timed right an attack that gives another round. The cool down is such tha the rogu MUST go visible for a handful (mines 6) seconds after the 2nd round. AOE works wonders here peep. If its a legit rogue, the damage will break this cycle. An exploiter, even AOE wont help, the speed hack makes his stealth function fill so fast you may break it, but he is right back in. Watch and see... these guys never damage you with the second attack for round two - and someone MUST be damage for the rogue to earn round two.

I will be posting an article about PVP balance. Mostly, they took care of ALOT of the balance issue. Really, you will have to look at the GWF as the baseline 'right' because if we choose gear to survive, well we survive. If we choose damage gear, well not so much. My post will explain WHY its STILL all rogues and wizards in pvp, gone are the clerics and gaurds really. The occasional GWF is because people see us old schools surviving and think its OP. That will fade fast.... the kills dont come like they do with CW and TR which is why the queues still are so FULL up with those 2.
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    If you compare the class GF vs GWF, they are not tanks because like you said, none of them are effective.

The problem that I have and many others as well, is when they come over to the pvp side of the game and can literally carry their team because of the build alone.

If GWFs are broken, it is because their their aggro abilities weren't fixed as well as their survivability was. That doesn't mean they aren't tanks, just that they aren't very good PvE tanks.

But you are talking about PvP, where there is no aggro to manage. Thus they are just as viable as a GF as a tank, and you have to deal with them as such.
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://www.twitch.tv/laudon/b/420933863?t=1h10m40s

Definitely a god

also, they're only broken because of tenebrous enchantments.

another note, counter one with a cleric.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    5. Heal - what heal, we have no heals... life steal? Doubt it... If you put that much in life steal on our gear... well, something else is suffering. OH ya restoring strike.... well if a GWF is using that ... he sure as heck isnt killing you. Its one of our weakest damage strikes.

almost all of my damage comes from 7 tenes doing 1080 damage each. Restoring strike is awesome because it gives me 3% temp hp (grit) and 3000 health back. Much better than IBS in most cases.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    The main difference between an OP GWF And an OK GWF is the amount of greater tenebrous enchants he has slotted. THATS IT. END OF DISCUSSION.

If you even spend half your time complaining about How Op gwf's can be then you'll find out that the sentinel paragon path is ALL ABOUT SURVIVABILITY. Thats it. Nothing for burst dps which what pvp is all about.

THE ONLY THING GIVING SENTINEL GWF's any amount of killing power in pvp is TENEBROUS ENCHANTS.

You try going against a sentinel gwf WITHOUT tenebrous enchants and 90% of the time, he wont be able to kill you. You wont be able to kill him as well because he'll just pop unstoppable and run away.

Give the same sentinel 5 greater tenebrous enchants. Then I'll agree. That gwf will be OP. as OP As his wallet can be.

But wait. TR's and CW's dont even need a pay to win enchant to be able to kill in pvp.

and if youre getting owned by a sentinel without tenebrous enchants, then theres something very very wrong with you.
    forumskill.gif
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The main difference between an OP GWF And an OK GWF is the amount of greater tenebrous enchants he has slotted. THATS IT. END OF DISCUSSION.

If you even spend half your time complaining about How Op gwf's can be then you'll find out that the sentinel paragon path is ALL ABOUT SURVIVABILITY. Thats it. Nothing for burst dps which what pvp is all about.

THE ONLY THING GIVING SENTINEL GWF's any amount of killing power in pvp is TENEBROUS ENCHANTS.

You try going against a sentinel gwf WITHOUT tenebrous enchants and 90% of the time, he wont be able to kill you. You wont be able to kill him as well because he'll just pop unstoppable and run away.

Give the same sentinel 5 greater tenebrous enchants. Then I'll agree. That gwf will be OP. as OP As his wallet can be.

But wait. TR's and CW's dont even need a pay to win enchant to be able to kill in pvp.

and if youre getting owned by a sentinel without tenebrous enchants, then theres something very very wrong with you.

Really? After your diatribe about Tene enchantments you are going to drag TR's in this? You know that is what makes the really nasty TR's nasty right?
  • coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    1 fully geared 6 tenebr gwf vs 3 fully geared 6 tenebr... u have got to be kidding me.... he dies even before he can pop unstoppable right after soulforged is off.... u just green geared noobs who fight 15k GS GWF's with lvl 50 greenz 3 vs 1.... get some nice gear and stop spreading misinformation.... 15k CW\TR vs 15k GWF... gwf is so dead...

This is where you are wrong, very wrong, THATS why people have even taken their time writing in this thread... i know, right? MIND BLOWN
    edited June 2013
    So we agree, all classes except Clerics are balanced in P2W PvP.
  • werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    Really? After your diatribe about Tene enchantments you are going to drag TR's in this? You know that is what makes the really nasty TR's nasty right?

Seriously. Put 2 equally skilled,equally geared individuals against each other one a gwf sentinel and the other EITHER tr or cw.

WITHOUT tenebrous enchants, who do you think will win?

The point is, this thread is an ongoing stupid fest of fanboys and haters, and no one is accepting the fact that the only thing making the GWF OP is the combination of the sentinel's survivability / TEMP HP + TENEBROUS ENCHANTS.

remove the TENE enchants and all you get is a Lamp post with too much HP.

I bet someones gonna get angry at me for dragging lamp posts into this.
    forumskill.gif
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gabryel wrote: »

You make me lol.

Head in sand much
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is what the nectar of the Greek gods must've tasted like.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Seriously. Put 2 equally skilled,equally geared individuals against each other one a gwf sentinel and the other EITHER tr or cw.

WITHOUT tenebrous enchants, who do you think will win?

The point is, this thread is an ongoing stupid fest of fanboys and haters, and no one is accepting the fact that the only thing making the GWF OP is the combination of the sentinel's survivability / TEMP HP + TENEBROUS ENCHANTS.

remove the TENE enchants and all you get is a Lamp post with too much HP.

I bet someones gonna get angry at me for dragging lamp posts into this.

But which version of the rogue you think would win? Perma-stealthed? People QQ'ing about that, Cloud while in Stealth with your 12 charges? People QQ about that. Rogues that build for DPS with Stealth in mind? People QQ about that.

The problem is people don't pay attention to the weak players getting owned and then say they are OP. It's usually one or a premade that owns people in combat. I have seen every class pretty much own in PVP lately. Even ONE (I stressed one) DC that held his own, but I don't have a knockback to get them out of AS and they were good, they always had divinity it seems.

But the classes I see own the most recently in abundance is mainly GF and GWF, now mind you there have been some baddies or new players that I got easily. What shocks the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me is when you see a GWF and like 30% of their health bar suddenly goes gold and you don't seem to do any damage to them. Admittedly, I have not played one, so that is just a perspective of combat.

You know when you are facing a good player, even decently good players, and like I said. I see GF and GWF's own, I can get any other class, yes even other rogues... that doesn't mean I always win, but CW's and TR's are the easiest kills LOL.