test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gwf pvp gods

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GWF also have no encounter or ability to close the gap with CWs who stand on pillars or the bridge over point 2 in either of the PVP instances.
    Mighty Leap.
    bayne3 wrote: »
    ...a sentinel goes unstoppable, stop hitting him and disperse (save your cooldowns, he can't hit everyone in different directions). When he comes out of unstoppable, unleash on him. 9 out of 10 times, I see players do the opposite and only feed his lifesteal.
    Shhhhhhh! ;)
    This is what the nectar of the Greek gods must've tasted like.
    Delicious is it not? lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • ar2k88ar2k88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GWF definately have some advantages in PVP right now, ive been in games where 4 people beating on a GWF only to have him decimate everyone. Ive been in 1vs1, where ive done some damage, watch him pop that unstoppable thing, use every cooldown i have to stay in stealth and away from him until it goes away, at this point he had like 10% health left, so i unleash a barrage of cloud of steel + impact shot, only to have him reach 1% HP, pop unstoppable again, and me... with 80% health left thrusting my daggers into his chest only to have his health slowly reach 3-5% again and basicly 3 shot me.

There might just be certain specs that take full advantage of this, but just the fact that its possible makes me wonder if something needs to be changed. Unstoppable is no doubt a very powerful ability, but he should not be able to pop that so quickly after he just used it.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I ran Sentinel/Deflect spec way before patch, and i can say, that our survivabillity hasn't really changed much. 10-15% temps when activating Unstoppeble isn't game breaking. What has changed is the dmg and thats not even by much. In total maybe 400-500 dmg on the encounters and takedown easier to land a hit. The big buff was to the At Wills that got about a 300 dmg boost on crits. I still get hit harder by TR's and CW then i can hit em for. We do have almoast twice the HP tho, if we spec for it. TR's are supose to take out casters, not be able roll over every class in the game 1vs1. CW's are supose to lock down other casters and the solo overextened melee that goes for your healer. Not be able to just point to whatever is closest and kill it. You have insane range on CW. Position yourselfs better and pick better targets.
  • kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    ok, I would like to say this.
    GWF's, yes they can tank. They have to wear defensive eq to tank well. Their damage is still lesser than every other class (but cw).
    GF reaches 25k+ encounters, through 44% defence. TR's can kill a gwf in unstoppable, even sentinel, in one hit.
    They can also do the same through my defense and unstoppable, with 2 encounter powers.
    If YOUR tr and GF are not doing this, speak to the major pvp ones, they can give advice. Believe me though, its done. And is done to me by a few a lot.
    Yes, perm hidden tr's are complained about. The at wills reaching 6k or so through my defenses, bit less in unstoppable, and being one shotted by 2 encounters and 1 daily yes. There is a reason they are complained about.
    However these aside, a gwf with healing items, with healing skills, with massive defenses, are going to heal lots, and lots in combat.
    with my **** char CW I can kill sentinels aned have, without them getting to melee range, even in unstoppable.
    things will change in the level 60's when you find people that actually have great gear, and these people know the limits of their classes.
    You may call yourself a good player, until you run into a person playing a class you consider ****, that runs over you and your entire party.
    Take that person, and learn from them.
  • mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    I ran Sentinel/Deflect spec way before patch, and i can say, that our survivabillity hasn't really changed much. 10-15% temps when activating Unstoppeble isn't game breaking. What has changed is the dmg and thats not even by much. In total maybe 400-500 dmg on the encounters and takedown easier to land a hit. The big buff was to the At Wills that got about a 300 dmg boost on crits. I still get hit harder by TR's and CW then i can hit em for. We do have almoast twice the HP tho, if we spec for it. TR's are supose to take out casters, not be able roll over every class in the game 1vs1. CW's are supose to lock down other casters and the solo overextened melee that goes for your healer. Not be able to just point to whatever is closest and kill it. You have insane range on CW. Position yourselfs better and pick better targets.

10-15% temps, immune to cc, and short cd is not game breaking? if only 1 apply then ya, but all in 1 skill? give me a freaking break
    still like my early post said, only ppl that are playing sentinel build GWF are the one saying its not OP period

also TR and CW gets cc and high dps yes, but they pay off with their pity defense and hp, why dont you give me 1 point of the current sentinel GWF weakness?
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mickwan wrote: »
    10-15% temps, immune to cc, and short cd is not game breaking? if only 1 apply then ya, but all in 1 skill? give me a freaking break
    still like my early post said, only ppl that are playing sentinel build GWF are the one saying its not OP period

also TR and CW gets cc and high dps yes, but they pay off with their pity defense and hp, why dont you give me 1 point of the current sentinel GWF weakness?

The new meta of pvp, 5 GWFs vs 5 GWFs in premades. Let them all sly flourish and restoring strike each other for minutes on end.
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    PVP god my gluteus maximus. It may not be easy to kill GWF but they're kitable.
    Who will annoy who first? Who will run, who will chase?
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oakbender wrote: »
    Please fix gwf they are ridiculously hard to kill now

Yep if a gwf geared up defensively delivers more damage thant one with a DD build, there is something wrong with the design of the class.
    English is not my first language.
  • mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Yep if a gwf geared up defensively delivers more damage thant one with a DD build, there is something wrong with the design of the class.

no they just ****ed it up since last patch by boosting everyone of its attack AND reduce their cds, while every other class get nerfed
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The rogue and CW tears, they are so delicious. They do have some sort of a slightly metallic taste to them though, I guess that must be irony.

Please continue.
  • serpentussserpentuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    The rogue and CW tears, they are so delicious. They do have some sort of a slightly metallic taste to them though, I guess that must be irony.

Please continue.

It's the same taste of your tears before the "live" patch :) it's the same in every mmo, crybabies have the power to change balance!
  • coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Its funny how u can actually see the people writing and truly notice who have ACTUALLY played against a fully reg, sentinel tenebrous gwf and who have not =D, and it doesnt matter if ur other class has full tene aswell.

i saw someone say a rouge can 1 shot a GWF in unstoppable? LOL if u crit and are lucky u might do 3k dmg

EDIT: I saw someone mention the main problem, they can cast unstoppable too often .. that IS the main problem, you can entangle + 1 spell and they are out , as soon as it ends you use 1 or 2 spells and they have it again, the problem is that they are almost longer in unstoppable mode than they are in "normal"
    edited June 2013
    I would say it is gamebreaking when it takes nearly a full squad of players to down a GWF with this spec.
    I would say its gamebreaking when i constantly see 1-2 even 3 players running away from a single GWF.

I would say its gamebreaking when a DPS class such as a rogue can unload all he has at a 1hp% gwf and still loose the fight, starting with nearly full hp.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    coglover wrote: »
    Its funny how u can actually see the people writing and truly notice who have ACTUALLY played against a fully reg, sentinel tenebrous gwf and who have not =D, and it doesnt matter if ur other class has full tene aswell.

i saw someone say a rouge can 1 shot a GWF in unstoppable? LOL if u crit and are lucky u might do 3k dmg

EDIT: I saw someone mention the main problem, they can cast unstoppable too often .. that IS the main problem, you can entangle + 1 spell and they are out , as soon as it ends you use 1 or 2 spells and they have it again, the problem is that they are almost longer in unstoppable mode than they are in "normal"

Lol agreed. There arent too many out there but you know when you play against one- no doubt.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ar2k88 wrote: »
    I would say it is gamebreaking when it takes nearly a full squad of players to down a GWF with this spec.
    I would say its gamebreaking when i constantly see 1-2 even 3 players running away from a single GWF.

I would say its gamebreaking when a DPS class such as a rogue can unload all he has at a 1hp% gwf and still loose the fight, starting with nearly full hp.

I like how they type and troll when they are fighting more than one and just not losing health. You know who are the worst. The flavour of the month rerollers. Just transfer those greater tenes and troll other players all day. rinse and repeat.
  • werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013

Here's your one point since you obviously ignored every post I've made about tenebrous encantments.

Without Tenebrous enchants, A sentinel specced GWF can will 90% of the time never kill you no matter what your class is

It's OP because it synergizes so well with Temp HP.
    forumskill.gif
    edited June 2013
    Here's your one point since you obviously ignored every post I've made about tenebrous encantments.

Without Tenebrous enchants, A sentinel specced GWF can will 90% of the time never kill you no matter what your class is

It's OP because it synergizes so well with Temp HP.

Yes but as they are here to stay people will legitimately use them.
    edited June 2013
    First of all, when unstoppable is up, you simply cannot kill it 1v1, its not humanly possible, unless hes on really low hp and you got a powerful daily. (its the only class that requires a daily to finish off what seems to be a doomed player).

So when its up, you have to keep your distance, not that its allways easy, and it does last for a little bit.
    Once unstoppable is down, you have the tedious task of trying to reduce this armored beasts health, while its beating on you with a 2hander doing massive amounts of damage, only to have unstoppable pop once again in quick succession.

I just faced a gwf not more than 30 seconds ago, he was on around 10% health, i came out of stealth with my daily up, he managed to get one hit on me before i killed him with shocking executioin, that one hit took me down like 40%, and thats in full PvP gear +T2 rings necklace. Sure, his gear was probably better, but still? That much armor, that much health, that much damage..... AND unstoppable which makes it impossible to fight. give me a break guys.
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if the GWF has no tene simply walk away (roll away) until it gets tired of being big and scary, it's not like a sentinel gwf can kill stuff in pvp anyway. if it has tene... you better have your own set of tene or a lot of buddies around :\
  • zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This topic is so good. People describe the advantages and disadventages of GWF. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    if the GWF has no tene simply walk away (roll away) until it gets tired of being big and scary, it's not like a sentinel gwf can kill stuff in pvp anyway. if it has tene... you better have your own set of tene or a lot of buddies around :\

What do you do when he can pop unstoppable constantly? we just had one fight where we lost badly to a premade, so we had all 5 of us trying to get down a GWF, we couldnt even get him down below 50%. its absolutely bull****, and yeah.... he did like 20% of my health per hit, and me... a burst dpser couldnt hit him for more than 3000k max with lasher from stealth.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

It's not a skill it's their mechanic, the only thing that has changed with Unstoppeble is the 10-15% temps, they always had CC immunity and Dmg resist on activation. It's basicly the same now as it was when everyone tought glasscannon Destroyer was the only viable spec. People just figured out the class. Unstoppeble works like this, when you take dmg from alot of sources, like 2 CW and a TR you gonna instafill his usntoppeble and he can pop it right ahead. More dmg, more unstoppeble they get. So how do you deal with it. It's really easy, they can't activate it when knocked down. GF can easily solo a GWF. a GWF and dps CW or TR can kill a Sentinel GWF in seconds. GF chain knockdown dps just nuke. It's really easy. The keyword being knockdown.
  • shod24shod24 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    It's not a skill it's their mechanic, the only thing that has changed with Unstoppeble is the 10-15% temps, they always had CC immunity and Dmg resist on activation. It's basicly the same now as it was when everyone tought glasscannon Destroyer was the only viable spec. People just figured out the class. Unstoppeble works like this, when you take dmg from alot of sources, like 2 CW and a TR you gonna instafill his usntoppeble and he can pop it right ahead. More dmg, more unstoppeble they get. So how do you deal with it. It's really easy, they can't activate it when knocked down. GF can easily solo a GWF. a GWF and dps CW or TR can kill a Sentinel GWF in seconds. GF chain knockdown dps just nuke. It's really easy. The keyword being knockdown.

Hahhah, men, really easy? if a GWF take you, he destroy you. I have a Gf, 12,6 gs, a beast, and i cant defeat a GF with the right build and the same gears both with full life. He takes you 60%-70% of his life with his combo, you 50-70%, but here comes the trouble, later your combo, he uses determination and gg, you loose. Gf is not his counter, but if true that he has more chances that anyone else.

And men, please, a cw can not defeat a Gwf even in his dreams. The rogue the same, has more chances, that is all. Today, the GWF is the best class for pvp without any doubt. His determination is broken.

But you are right in one thing, you dont play alone, and all classes can be defeated when are fighting 1vs2.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We should just have one thread like this.. Nerf X.... and substitute whatever class people feel like raging at.

Because so far:

- TR remains invisible all the time, has permanent immunity and can one-shot (with a combination of 12 daggers and an encounter)
    - GF just do a bouncing betty on you and you're tossed around like a ragdoll...oh and of course they do too much damage
    - GWF can't be killed, period, and of course they do too much damage.
    - CW dodge and choke too much, and of course they do too much damage.
    - DC just runs around healing everything that kills the other team....

Seriously, check the boards... it's always the same. I lost to X, X's powers are absurd/insane/OP, you don't agree with me so you're just a trolling fanboi and my personal attacks will surely counter any arguments you make.

EVERY class is being accused of being OP now, even DC's, by everybody and their mother who supports their whining. But when people suggest something else might be going on, such as, dare I say it ... Tene's.... the frenzy starts all over again and it's just "u fanboi, u iz stupid!".
  • ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    @yerune, +1
    totally agree, I just read the title of the thread and thought of the same thing you just said..
    the forum is full of threads about every class being god.. soo, I guess that means the classes are pretty balanced.

maybe people should just stop being so frag hungry, stop running around trying to kill everyone at the same time and start playing as a team?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • feizenfeizen Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    We should just have one thread like this.. Nerf X.... and substitute whatever class people feel like raging at.

Because so far:

- TR remains invisible all the time, has permanent immunity and can one-shot (with a combination of 12 daggers and an encounter)
    - GF just do a bouncing betty on you and you're tossed around like a ragdoll...oh and of course they do too much damage
    - GWF can't be killed, period, and of course they do too much damage.
    - CW dodge and choke too much, and of course they do too much damage.
    - DC just runs around healing everything that kills the other team....

Seriously, check the boards... it's always the same. I lost to X, X's powers are absurd/insane/OP, you don't agree with me so you're just a trolling fanboi and my personal attacks will surely counter any arguments you make.

EVERY class is being accused of being OP now, even DC's, by everybody and their mother who supports their whining. But when people suggest something else might be going on, such as, dare I say it ... Tene's.... the frenzy starts all over again and it's just "u fanboi, u iz stupid!".

+1
    I'm totally agree with you, so much whine for nothing, all class now is being OP, this will be coming absurd...
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    adozu wrote: »

Can't walk away because he will cap our point. My own set of tenes will do nothing because the second he does damage to me my health drops a ton, reducing my tene procs.

The only way I found to beat a geared out sentinel GWF is by bursting him fast to 40-30% health and use shocking execution which bypasses their mitigation and unstoppable. And this is easier said than done mind you.

I save my daily just for them but then again I'm geared out with full T2 swash, ancient daggers, 2.2k arm pen and greater vorpal.

For the other 90% of pvpers who are not as geared as me, sentinel GWFs are a nightmare and fighting one is a lost cause.

Having two of them on the enemy team is just trolling.

Edit: I dropped tenes because the burst isn't there with the 20 sec cooldown and it makes no sense since TRs can't regenerate health so I went back to arm pen. Tenes synergize very well with sentinel GWFs and still is BiS for offense.
  • kizzethkizzeth Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see the pvp teams set for one of each class, one GWF is bad enough but 2?-and for god sakes PLZ fix it so the guild teams that have the premo gear are not placed with the under geared pug Q in teams, it really does take the fun out of pvp, It gets to the point where ppl leave the pug group, Then watching the guild pvp team use the Exploits to kill us at our spawn point, not a good set up for pvp. It has even got to the point where one of the guild team members made statements about my mother because i would not come down from our spawn just to get one shot death from a GWF- PLZ fix this - don't add any new content - you guys really need to just fix what you have now. !!!!!!!!! set it to GS (Gear Score) so the teams are a little more even- Set Guild battles so the Guild teams with the Premo gear can have there End of the week lime light glory!!! Yea it sounds like WOW's pvp arena thing but at least they have one. (I am not trying to hate on the GWF or any other class or player who loves pvp and who has taken the time to build there class, most of them I ask advice from on what they like as far as build and enhanc..) I think they could have done a better job of setting up the pvp.

(Love the game)
  • haskomultihaskomulti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thoroughly enjoyed the saltiness of this thread. Gave lots of insight.

Also, made me chuckle, whenever attempts are made to claim DCs are also OP in a way in pvp. Priceless. Carry on.
  • yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kizzeth wrote: »
    I would like to see the pvp teams set for one of each class, one GWF is bad enough but 2?-and for god sakes PLZ fix it so the guild teams that have the premo gear are not placed with the under geared pug Q in teams, it really does take the fun out of pvp, It gets to the point where ppl leave the pug group, Then watching the guild pvp team use the Exploits to kill us at our spawn point, not a good set up for pvp. It has even got to the point where one of the guild team members made statements about my mother because i would not come down from our spawn just to get one shot death from a GWF- PLZ fix this - don't add any new content - you guys really need to just fix what you have now. !!!!!!!!! set it to GS (Gear Score) so the teams are a little more even- Set Guild battles so the Guild teams with the Premo gear can have there End of the week lime light glory!!! Yea it sounds like WOW's pvp arena thing but at least they have one. (I am not trying to hate on the GWF or any other class or player who loves pvp and who has taken the time to build there class, most of them I ask advice from on what they like as far as build and enhanc..) I think they could have done a better job of setting up the pvp.

(Love the game)

Agree with most thngs you say, premade must be vs premade, but NOT by gear scores, if we want all ppl with same gear we would be playing guild wars, and its a format that failed hard. want pp with same gear chances? go a FPS, GW, League of Legends etc.., MMORPGS always havebeen this way and we like it so.