test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endgame Thaumaturge Guide

Comments

• starkorasstarkoras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi there! excellent guide and thread overall. I will take advantage of this heated debate to bring something that came to my mind out into the open: Runicfi you could also answer if you feel like... well this is it: The possibility of an active rol from Icy Rays in this thaumaturge build.

Runicfi himself has -perhaps unintentionally- hinted this or at least seems to endorse the possibility in one of his recent posts:
    runicfi wrote: »
    Currently I'm thinking that with the new patch RoE might get replaced by Shard of The Endless Avalanche OR Icy Rays, backed by Trandescended Master ( Icy rays also benefiting from Snap Freeze and Elemental Empowerment if I'm not mistaken. ) But will see. In general, the build remains largely unaffected.

The last part of the quote is exactly what I have been thinking of lately regarding the build. Elemental Empowerment and Snap Freeze could make Icy Rays a deadly encounter, even deadlier with Trascended Master.

If you could give us more insight about your thoughts on Icy Rays' usefulness it would be great!

For example why not changing entangling force in PVP with Icy Rays? and what about PvE ? is not AoE but it could help with bosses *as a powerful single shot encounter a mini-Ice Knife*. How do you think you would be using it personally speaking?

The same goes for the rest of you! post your opinions about Icy Rays or your experience with the encounter so far In and Out of the thaumaturge build.
  • sahak2sahak2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Transcended Master
    Shard of Endless Avalanche deals an additional 3/6/9/12/15% damage. Icy Rays deals an additional 4/8/12/16/20% damage if cast on the same target twice.

you would have to cast icy rays twice on the same target might be good for bosses but not so much for pvp.
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sahak2 wrote: »
    Transcended Master
    Shard of Endless Avalanche deals an additional 3/6/9/12/15% damage. Icy Rays deals an additional 4/8/12/16/20% damage if cast on the same target twice.

you would have to cast icy rays twice on the same target might be good for bosses but not so much for pvp.
    I disagree - Icy Rays is great for PvP. It doesn't do much damage (only in Spell Mastery it does more damage than Chill Strike) - and unfortunately the Trancended Master bonus for Icy Rays is still bugged, afaik - but it can root (they can still attack, though) up to 2 people for 1 - 2 seconds, which can be all you (or your party members) need to finish a player off.
  • sahak2sahak2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I disagree - Icy Rays is great for PvP. It doesn't do much damage (only in Spell Mastery it does more damage than Chill Strike) - and unfortunately the Trancended Master bonus for Icy Rays is still bugged, afaik - but it can root (they can still attack, though) up to 2 people for 1 - 2 seconds, which can be all you (or your party members) need to finish a player off.

I meant Transcended Master is not good for pvp and the fact it doesn't even work for icy rays is even worse. I do agree icy rays is a good pvp skill i'll most likely use it or COI in the tab slot once ROI is nerfed.
  • runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well, Trandescended Master bugging for IR will put me off with it unless they fix it ( not announced in patch notes atleast. ) Regarding the guide in general, this guide is solely for PvE. The PvP part is mostly just a joke ( as is PvP in this game as a whole, asfar as I'm concerned. )

I'm getting pretty annoyed by Cryptics inability to fix the numerous bugs with our Feats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • norcaltmannorcaltman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome guide. Love the useful info.

So, is this still your main choice of spells?
    Spell Mastery: Chill Strike
    Feature: Storm Spell
    Feature: Eye of the Storm
    Encounter: Ray of Enfeeblement
    Encounter: Conduit of Ice
    Encounter: Steal Time
    At-Will: Magic Missile
    At-Will: Ray of Frost
    Daily: Ice Knife
    Daily: Arcane Singularity
  • darnselddarnseld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi xD I came back. Although it was not my intention to post again, but I usually read the thread every so often, and I couldn't help it with all what is going on with the Major Update *which does not have the necessary tweaks to their full extent regarding one of the most important core mechanics: feats *

This is why, I will stray briefly and swiftly to express my discontent :confused:. SPECIALLY if *as Im finding out* trascended Master does not work either.
    I'm getting pretty annoyed by Cryptics inability to fix the numerous bugs with our Feats.

Me too. And I suspect I am not mistaken if I take myself the liberty of saying many of us are feeling the same way. Beta is one thing, and I understand the stage in which the game currently is. However, feats are not the only thing broken in this game so far.

There is no excuse to have overlooked the issue with the feats for so long, not to mention with a softened launch with real currency in circulation. A lot of something called ''feedback'' has already been kindly provided by many players within the first month or so of ''Open Beta'' to devs *at expenses of quite a few respecs and failed chars*, attesting a real commitment in working together as a community to ensure a better experience for everyone willing to play and enjoy neverwinter . This feedback compendium * easily findable navigating through forums* basically summarizes a serie of bugs, glitches, exploits, and errors that have taken place since Closed Beta; all of them addressed in several opportunities and discussed in many threads *even checked and verified by the very same players*.

Therefore it is really disturbing and annoying the lack of effective response from those in charge of delivering improvements and in-game balance. At any rate... I suppose I will stick around with NWO for a while, it is still kind of entertaining. But if the upcoming Modules and content are not up to snuff, we'll see then. Nevertheless, if things are get done right it would be fantastic, since this game has so much potential.
  • magicon36magicon36 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have had good success with this build for leveling , however I tried the other build and it sucked balls (copticone's)
  • zierzozierzo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    magicon36 wrote: »
    I have had good success with this build for leveling , however I tried the other build and it sucked balls (copticone's)

Well maybe you mean you sucked with it ... is more appropriate.

I'm surprised how some people attribute success, better kills, performance etc to "builds" or some feats. The thing is half (being optimistic) of the feats are broken or not working properly, yet pre patch and after patch we claim that a given success is given due to this or that super duper build! or reverse ... the feat builds almost doesnt make any difference in the real playing at the current state. The only thing that makes a real difference are the p2win enchants, and other extreme gearing.

In your case specifically, you claim that "x" build was da bomb for leveling ... lol , for leveling in this game and with a CW you can go naked (except weapon ;-) and with all feat points saved, myself saved up all parangon until late 50's xD because i wanted to test the all the POWERS myself before relating them to a given feat route, and it made no big difference after i allocated them, questing and all content pre 60 is a joke. So if you claim that with X build you were super and with Y build u sucked, conclusion is easy ... is not the builds man, it's you.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    magicon36 wrote: »

LOL you know you just made yourself look really bad. But thanks for the plug.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • sleazypsleazyp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good guide. ty :)
  • hellfireaxishellfireaxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you so much for this build, I am just now making a new CW character seeing as I now have a level 60 rogue and want something else to play. This build will definitely make one amazing CW! :)
  • suvenasuvena Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, I love your build and it's working well for me so far. Which T1/T2 armor set would you consider optimal for this build?
  • sandynicolesandynicole Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, Trascended Mastery works with Shard but not with Icy Rays? :/ It's 15% extra damage for Shard and 20% more for Icy Rays if both hit the same target, no?

Also, since the build doesn't have Trascended Mastery, which feat would be forgotten in order to learn Trascended Mastery? (Assuming there comes a time when the feat actually works)
    To talk without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
  • jodie1970jodie1970 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is really great. in dungeons and skirmishes I get lots of complements for damage and control of mobs. I always get second or first in damage and how many monsters I kill.
  • discordinationdiscordination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    suvena wrote: »
    Hi, I love your build and it's working well for me so far. Which T1/T2 armor set would you consider optimal for this build?

This guy never even got t2, so take any advice here with that knowledge.
    Essence of Aggression member
    Former 666th Devil Dogs Neverwinter Co-Commander
    16.6k BiS TR Flosstradamus
    15.8k BiS CW Veria Noying
    17.8 BiS GWF Carnage Asada
  • sandynicolesandynicole Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013

How do you know he didn't?

Didn't he say he did?
    To talk without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
  • colghost0colghost0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Run,

Great guide! I agree with you respec is awfully expensive. I was wondering as I was going through pages of comments you mentioned minor updates to your build. Might be a stupid question but can't you edit them into your original post? Saves me and other people to go through all the comments to access these updates to your build?

Thanks for reading :) Again love the guide!
    edited July 2013

I was full T2 probably before you even did your first clear of Castle Never. I'm interested why you'd go ahead and lie like this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • christyles08christyles08 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi TS is this still updated? TIA!
  • deviltyphoon2deviltyphoon2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So....this build is dead?
    edited July 2013
    Vaurious folks say it still works fine aslong as you substitute Ray of Enfeeblement. I don't play currently, until there's new content that can keep me entertained for more than 2 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deviltyphoon2deviltyphoon2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Vaurious folks say it still works fine aslong as you substitute Ray of Enfeeblement. I don't play currently, until there's new content that can keep me entertained for more than 2 hours.

Thank you :)

In this moment I'm using Imivo's Renegade that is perfect for PVE and levelling but in PVP i suck
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what about the "learned spellcaster" feat? can it be measured somehow what damage buff it gives?
    we have two different feats that give same bonus - it's "wizard's wrath" and "focused wizardry". can we measure how "learned spellcaster" (with its 5% intelligence damage bonus) exceeds those two (with 6% and 9% aoe damage bonus correspondingly) in means of pure damage?
  • kasen420kasen420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is the only Thaumaturge guide i recommend using. I've been using it for my lvl 60 since the game came out and as far as pvp goes well.. i'd like to see any Renegade come at me. Better equipped or not. Great build man, love it.
    Member of Warlords of Destruction Guild
    warlordsofdestruction.shivtr.com

Character List
    Old St. Sativa - 12.2K GS Human Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle - DPS Build
    Drizzt Do'Urden - 11.5K GS Drow Hunter Ranger - Archery Build
    Kronos - 10.8K GS Half-Elf Control Wizard - Spellstorm Mage - Thaumaturge + Stone
    Kasen Satanbane - 11.4K GS Tiefling Trickster Rogue - Master Infiltrator - Executioner + Galeb Duhr
    All mounted on a Heavy Worg
  • pyratekingpyrateking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I lost 500 Gear score point utilizing this spec. Also the feat points didn't add up so however you did this I feel I wasted a respect learning that it can not be as good as I had done on my own prior. Wish I could bill you for the respect.
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Don't spend something you don't have. Especially, as you could have evaluated it on the Preview shard.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • z0olez0ole Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kasen420 wrote: »
    This is the only Thaumaturge guide i recommend using. I've been using it for my lvl 60 since the game came out and as far as pvp goes well.. i'd like to see any Renegade come at me. Better equipped or not. Great build man, love it.
    qoutet for true, i try'it other build's but no one give me result like this one.
  • tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    z0ole wrote: »
    qoutet for true, i try'it other build's but no one give me result like this one.

I worked very well for me before the catastrophic shield nerf. Not any more though. I used to run this build with EF mastery + shield + ST + CoI. I don't reccomend trying to do an epic dungeon flooded with adds running that route now. Shield and singularity isn't enough to control the crowd any more. I think we have to chill the adds now.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this guide updated to the current patch ?!
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed