test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endgame Thaumaturge Guide

Comments

• Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So I was a pretty die hard Renegade Wizard but I've swapped at this stage and it's pretty awesome all around. I'm rocking around 3400 Power, 4100 Crit, 4000 Recovery and 100% Crit Severity in the Shadow Weaver set with Vorpal. With Steal Time slotted in Mastery I'm the ultimate party contributor and best of all I keep up with people's damage:

1. Steal Time Mastered adds Combat Advantage and procs both bonuses on Shadow Weaver when the ICD is up. This leads to one spell adding 30-50% Critical Severity for my entire group, 500-1000ish Lifesteal, Combat Advantage, a Speed Boost, AOE Stun, and pretty decent damage. It's amazing for fights where you need to support the Cleric who may be kiting adds as well since that huge burst of runspeed can save their lives in many cases while you still CC the adds as well.

2. Ray of Enfeeble and Conduit of Ice end up providing huge mitigation debuffs while also dealing good damage.

3. I still maintain full Singularity + Shield KB capability.

Against equally geared/skilled players I won't top the meter but I still easily keep up. Most of the time they're only able to pull those numbers because of the colossal advantages I am giving them. With this spec/setup I went from being either a push bot or a wanna be DPSer into having literally the best of all worlds capable of having DPS, buffing my group's DPS, and still providing huge levels of control and support for my group.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    damatsu wrote: »
    endless avalanche is not garbage the dmg it does trumps chilling strike by quite a bit but the cool down is too long. It appears yet again that the mechanics to reduce the cool down from upgrades doesnt work... go figure and half of all the feats etc dont work on all the classes. And yes maelstorm of chaos is ***. and icy ter. is ***. Shield should be a must always it provides significant dmg reduction and good dps and GREAT action point gain. When u can pop shield and get 50%+ daily power it becomes a must skill.
    Since when? Shard of endless has lesser base damage AND cannot crit, I don't see how it is stronger than tabbed chill strike. Evocation + aoe feats don't even work with it.
  • Options
    mageor0lmageor0l Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Can you confirm snap freeze is working?

I'm currently thinking if i should spend my last 5 points on Malevolent Surge or Snap Freeze. (Yes, i use renegade. Bear with me :D )
    Which one do you think has greater impact on the overall dps?

I have read quite a few posts (and seen guys in zone chat) claiming to have tested snap freeze on dummies. They all said i doesn't work on encounter powers (which would make this feat 110% useless).

Have you done some testing to confirm/negate this?
  • Options
    zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I made a post about it 2 pages ago. I tested and it works on chill strike. It does not seem to work properly when tabbed however. Not sure about the other skills.
  • Options
    syxxpacssyxxpacs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    is the feat elemental empowerment working as intended because when i tested it on dummies i dont get dot from cold spells or less defense from arcane encounters?
  • Options
    mageor0lmageor0l Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    zellista wrote: »
    I made a post about it 2 pages ago. I tested and it works on chill strike. It does not seem to work properly when tabbed however. Not sure about the other skills.

Well, if it doesn't work on tabbed chill strike, this takes away ALOT (if not all) of the usefulness of snap freeze (atleast in my eyes). If you don't tab chill strike, i don't see much use for it at all in pve.
    I have it on tab almost all the time, but i think it is a wasted encounter slot (there are just better spells to use if you don't tab it)
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An okay build, stat priority is wrong though, having recovery priority lower than crit is just no.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mageor0l wrote: »
    Well, if it doesn't work on tabbed chill strike, this takes away ALOT (if not all) of the usefulness of snap freeze (atleast in my eyes). If you don't tab chill strike, i don't see much use for it at all in pve.
    I have it on tab almost all the time, but i think it is a wasted encounter slot (there are just better spells to use if you don't tab it)

Snap Freeze still works for Ice Knife though I assume.
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    An okay build, stat priority is wrong though, having recovery priority lower than crit is just no.

Nah. Except until a certain degree, naturally you won't need 80% crit chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    crit is too overrated
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »

All the stats in this game scale atrociously. To be honest it's so bad I've questioned whether or not I want to continue with the game because even if I do find an upgrade for my gear I'll literally be like 0.3% better at something.

For example I am at 4005 recovery and 25.6% bonus. Meanwhile someone (I was directed to a "Kripparian video") stacking 5500 is at around 30% bonus. The number scaling is just unbelievably bad for Recovery after 3500. Crit suffers the same scenario only worse. At 4116 Critical Strike removing 150 only lowers me from 19.6% down to 19.3% or better still if I remove 600 Critical Strike (3455) I drop to 18.3%. 600 stat points for 1.3% critical strike chance.

You're far better off dumping those huge amounts of stats points into something that scales linear like Power than continuing to feed Crit or Recovery for a few % more. Personally I plan to keep around 4000 Recovery, 3500 Crit, and just dump the rest into Power. I dunno it's all pretty meh and after a point it doesn't really matter what you do, you won't see any real change in performance without using some kind of set bonus (which is part of the reason why I use Shadow Weaver).
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    kbisthemankbistheman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you all using 2 separate sets of armor to get the higher bonuses to recovery or power or crit, or are you just using a single set?
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Do you use Icy Rays in pvp?

I dont know if I should put points there, since we dont have the +20% damage feat
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kbistheman wrote: »
    Are you all using 2 separate sets of armor to get the higher bonuses to recovery or power or crit, or are you just using a single set?

I use full Shadow Weaver 4/4 to get those stats. Everything else is basically Power/Crit/Recovery. All Offense Slots (except weapon) are Recovery, Defense I use HP, and Utility I use Movement speed. Weapon is Crit and Vorpal (25%) and is the area I need the most work (only using T1 Focal Magi). I also use an Ioun Stone of Allure. Runestone I use 2x Recovery and 1x Companion Stats. On the Ioun Stone I use Power/Crit/Recovery gear socketed with Crit.

When I eventually buy the Ancient Court Orb/Offhand I'll redo my stats again and likely concentrate more on Power in Enchantments instead of Recovery/Crit once I hit my 4000 Recovery and 3500 Critical.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    topguidestopguides Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I updated your post at mmominds, let me know if you want me to change anything.
  • Options
    hellxherehellxhere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys,

Which set and build do u recommend now they nerfed some.

For example, high vizier gives only +132 recovery for 2 pieces and shadow weaver +132 crit for 2 pieces
    4 pieces have been modified too.

Thaumaturge still good? or time to go renegade?

thx for ur answers
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    topguides wrote: »
    I updated your post at mmominds, let me know if you want me to change anything.

Didn't even know its on another site. But yeah, why not. I will only be updating here, though. Nice clean layout you got there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hellxhere wrote: »
    Hi guys,

For example, high vizier gives only +132 recovery for 2 pieces and shadow weaver +132 crit for 2 pieces

thx for ur answers

Should definetly spec Opressor because a set was nerfed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hellxhere wrote: »
    Hi guys,

thx for ur answers

What do you mean it was nerfed? It's still 450 on my screen in game.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    kbisthemankbistheman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arktourosx wrote: »
    What do you mean it was nerfed? It's still 450 on my screen in game.
    I'm pretty sure that at a lower level, it displays a lower number. For example, on my level 12, it shows like +58 or so. It's still 400 and 450 though...
  • Options
    hellxherehellxhere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Really?
    I m lvl 28 maybe that s why. Thx for that answer it will be logical.
  • Options
    spiritslapspiritslap Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just respecced to this build ( feats only atm ) and my GS went down from 9150 to 8650 ?
    whats that all about ?
  • Options
    frznvimesfrznvimes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spiritslap wrote: »
    i just respecced to this build ( feats only atm ) and my GS went down from 9150 to 8650 ?
    whats that all about ?
    Did you drop some stat increasing feats?
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    i use this build and its fine, the main keys are
    1) magic missle till rank 5 arcane stacks, possiblely kill weaker mobs off for the feat bonus so possible 10 stacks all up
    2) use ray + ice conduct for double mitt reduction = more dmg
    3) after all of step 1 n 2 with any hope your few seconds of non stop crit are up for chilling strike n ice knife.

I always do decient DPS with this build and those 3 steps but yeh, it can be easy to over look such things in PUGs in a dungeon you know you can kain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rratedrrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could I please see a SS on how the powers tab is set up? Im stuck with under 20 without placing skill points into a incorrect skill/.
  • Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    does the mitigation debuff of CoI affect only the target or also all mobs around the target?
  • Options
    lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    All mobs hit by the spell (it has a max number of targets hit, I believe it is 7)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spiritslap wrote: »
    whats that all about ?

Stat increasing Feats, like previously mentioned, up your gearscore ( like Predistigation. ) I for like to see my gearscore from my gear only, though. Not that it matters, just personal preference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tresdyntresdyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    frznvimes wrote: »
    Did you drop some stat increasing feats?

There are some feats that if you drop them your GS will drop, mainly they are stats that give you a Damage% bonus, or Stat Bonuses, even CD reduction feats.

I was at 11.4k GS 2 weeks ago before respeccing to what I think is the best spec (the one I listed) and now I am at like 10.4k.

GS in this game doesn't matter at all past 9200 anyways. Just get there and all is well.
  • Options
    nny1976nny1976 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's an ACT plugin for NW now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rll-MpEAX-E&feature=youtu.be

I am trying out your build as an almost 60 CW. I would have waited till 60 but I wanted to familiarize myself with the rotation before doing anything dangerous.

If you didn't know about it then I hope this plugin helps your research!