test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes: NW.3.20130529a.4

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Hi folks! Here're the notes for today's NeverwinterPreview update. We've got some more fixes in the works, and we're listening closely to your feedback to try to make this fix build the best it can be.

Combat
  • Devoted Cleric: Flamestrike and Guardian of Faith can no longer be cast simultaneously.
  • Guardian Fighter: Into the Fray no longer stacks with other versions of itself.
  • Guardian Fighter: The Movement buff no longer stacks with other Movement buffs.
  • Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: Multiple Guardian Fighters using this power no longer end up protecting each other in a loop.
  • Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: When multiple Guardian Fighters use this power, the ending of the first effect will no longer end the second.
  • Trickster Rogue: Duelist's Flurry: The bleed effect now properly reapplies after reaching ten stacks.
  • PvP: Points are no longer awarded for assists if the player didn't actually assist for a given kill.

Items and Rewards
  • Knight Captain's set: Apostrophes have been added to the tooltip as appropriate.
  • Knight Captain's set: This set bonus can now only refresh its own version of the buff.
  • Master Assassin's set: The set bonus now gives the expected amount of Power after using a Daily.
  • Bladestorm Set: This set bonus no longer stacks with itself, resulting in targets becoming slowed more than expected.
  • Enchantments: Many hostile enchantments no longer proc on allied players when certain buffs or heals are cast.
  • Frost Weapon enchant: This enchantment now correctly reduces the struck player's Recovery.
  • Frostburn Armor enchant: This enchantment now correctly reduces the attacking player's Recovery.
  • Plague Fire enchant: The Defense debuff portion of the enchantment's proc no longer stacks when applied by multiple players.
  • Plague Fire enchant: The Defense debuff no longer reduces the target's overall Damage Resistance, but instead properly reduces the Defense stat. The debuff is less powerful as a result.
  • Party Poppers and Fireworks once again work.
  • Nightmare Lockbox: The tooltip more accurately names the items inside.
  • Nightmare Lockbox: Gloomwrought weapons now display their effective level in their flavor text.
  • Stormraider Clydesdale: A typo has been addressed in the Zen Market entry.
  • Players with consumables, mounts, etc. that were seemingly unusable now should be properly able to use those items.
  • Worg and Storm Raider mount / dismount sounds are once again appropriate to the mounts.

Quests and Environments
  • Protector's Enclave: The swirling blue effect on the platform to the north of the Moonstone Mask teleporter has been removed. The related Foundry interact has been moved to the teleporter.
  • Blackdagger Ruins: A few typos of the name "Cragmire" have been addressed.
  • Blackdagger Ruins: The travel gate can now be used by multiple players at once.
  • Blackdagger Ruins: There are now landmark icons over the travel gate, the Broken Crown Inn, and the dungeon door on the map.
  • Blackdagger Ruins: The travel gate now has a smaller clickable object.
  • Neverdeath Graveyard: Dragon Attack: Players no longer get stuck in combat next to a treasure chest.
  • Neverdeath Graveyard: History Lessons: The items collected in this quest can now be discarded.
  • Neverdeath Graveyard: History Lessons: Players must now collect all of the pages required before being able to enter the crypt.
  • Pirates' Skyhold: The travel gate can now be used by multiple players at once.
  • Pirates' Skyhold: The travel gate now has a landmark icon on the map.
  • Mount Hotenow: Caverns of Karrundax: The final boss' health has been reduced. It should now be more in line with the health of other dragons.
  • Mount Hotenow: Caverns of Karrundax: The final boss fight's add waves now happen less frequently.
  • Mount Hotenow: The rocks blocking the third major quest area are now gone. For real this time.
  • Gauntlgrym Dailies are once again inactive, and will wait until Gauntlgrym becomes active for the first time to show up.
  • Castle Never: A surprisingly permeable wall near the entrance has been reinforced.

UI
  • Astral Diamond Exchange: The Transfer window now displays the proper values when the window first appears.
  • Auction House: The mail sent when an auction is successfully sold now includes the item name, posting fee, and item quantity.
  • Invocation: The Vault of Piety may once again be accessed at any time.
  • PvP: The "From blue to red" capture progress icon is no longer a white square.
  • Some Dye Packs now have new icons.

Foundry
  • A case where components could get into a weird state between placed and unplaced has been addressed.
  • Logging out while saving (whether manually or via auto-save) no longer crashes the client.
  • The Refill HP button is once again working in Preview mode.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• Options
    ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...no GWF Buffs?... Do you devs even pay attention to this game, that YOU'RE developing?..
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    ioannides5 wrote: »
    ...no GWF Buffs?... Do you devs even pay attention to this game, that YOU'RE developing?..

What more do you need? Your AoE damage is fine and now you can actually tank some. Stop asking to be TRs.
  • Options
    luscarionluscarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My only request, devs, would be to please remove (or if anything, raise) the mob cap on our abilities. a 5-mob max limits our effectiveness quite dramatically. Otherwise, the changes have been phenomenal for Great-Weapon Fighters.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And still no respec on test.

Makes it hard to like... test things.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    elilusoeliluso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So,
    no respec token given? no Zen to buy anything on Test Server to test it?
    Thake a look at Wargaming.net and his realy f2p WoT. If the Test Server is up they spend a lot of Coins and EX to buy
    "Premium" stuff to test it.
  • Options
    testicol0testicol0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eliluso wrote: »
    So,
    no respec token given? no Zen to buy anything on Test Server to test it?
    Thake a look at Wargaming.net and his realy f2p WoT. If the Test Server is up they spend a lot of Coins and EX to buy
    "Premium" stuff to test it.

this is just a part of the patch made for the launch of NW... i think that they will give us the retraining token on 20th June, the launch date
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2013
    testicol0 wrote: »
    this is just a part of the patch made for the launch of NW... i think that they will give us the retraining token on 20th June, the launch date

Ye, but how are you going to test on test server without any tools to change the testing stage of your own?

If they want us to test things, they should give proper tools for it.
  • Options
    elilusoeliluso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    testicol0 wrote: »

To late then, to late
  • Options
    zultan9zultan9 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please remove those bag of holes items from AH and punish those who posted them
    you were quick to fix exploits that affected your end, so how about those that affect the players.
    better yet remove that item from the game. I speak as a victim.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah! Another revision to the Cleric class! ........oh wait.
    -another nerf to the Cleric class --- :(.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ioannides5 wrote: »

You seriously must be kidding. What exactly do you think the GWF needs? Top dps in game isn't enough for you?
  • Options
    ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The class that needs love desperately is the cleric class....but oh wait... then we wouldn't need to buy pots and kits....
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    YES!! New dye pack icons, just what I was waiting for. Fix your classes.
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jesus fricking christ. no respec token still. you devs are morons. fail less.
  • Options
    vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The cleric hasn't been nerfed, every class that needs a cleric has been nerfed. Where do you think the aggro that went to the cleric is going to go? It's going to go to the wizards, rogues, etc at least initially. Don't bother running into the blue circle, 1/3 chance it's on cooldown.

Now other classes besides clerics will need to stock up on the full health stones. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
  • Options
    agnustheholyagnustheholy Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vmlinux wrote: »
    The cleric hasn't been nerfed, every class that needs a cleric has been nerfed. Where do you think the aggro that went to the cleric is going to go? It's going to go to the wizards, rogues, etc at least initially. Don't bother running into the blue circle, 1/3 chance it's on cooldown.

Now other classes besides clerics will need to stock up on the full health stones. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

This means you have to actually try to have a party composition now, not a healer tanking, rest DPS, including the controller. Probably gonna be a good thing to have a controller actually controling (not DPSing), tank tanking, off tank to take extra preasure, DPS on boss/hard mods and leader dropping buffs/heals/ocasional DPS whenever possible.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ssantiagox wrote: »
    you seriously must be kidding. What exactly do you think the gwf needs? Top dps in game isn't enough for you?

looooooools.

-One Shots
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    This isnt so we can test it, it is so we can "preview" Thats why it is called "Neverwinter Preview" instead of test.

They could give a **** less from the looks of it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If this goes live with cleric skills lackluster at best,rogues and CW's DPS nerfed, pugs are going to be getting WTDBBQ'd in epics.The buffs to GF's and GWF's will not be enough to offset the other classes nerfs. Most pugs can't handle t2 epics with one cleric now at 100% uptime on Astral Shield and basically no one under pressure except us clerics. Guild groups and statics will most likely find a way to adapt but honestly it's not going to be easy even for them. Thank heavens I have a small guild of chill players that will find a way...I hope. I feel for puggers, I really do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    efaicia wrote: »
    This isnt so we can test it, it is so we can "preview" Thats why it is called "Neverwinter Preview" instead of test.

They could give a **** less from the looks of it

Hit the nail on the head.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is just unbelievably <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I took my time to go through the patch notes and look on the main page for any information concerning potential nerfs before spending all the AD I had managed to save up on a Greater Plague Fire, because of how useful it is to a party. Now I see this on this obscure forum: you've rendered it totally useless to people who run with more than one, and not worth it for people with high vizier set and/or with a high amount of armor pen. I just enchanted my Ancient Court Orb with one, what do you expect me to do now? Remove all my level 6-7 armor pen enchants? Find another Ancient Court Orb and save up again forever to use a Greater Vorpal instead? So disgusting...
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zultan9 wrote: »
    Please remove those bag of holes items from AH and punish those who posted them
    you were quick to fix exploits that affected your end, so how about those that affect the players.
    better yet remove that item from the game. I speak as a victim.

Its a Bag of Holes so if it loses your item, then it is just what a Bag of Holes does. Anyone that expected anything different didn't think it completely through.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    If this goes live with cleric skills lackluster at best,rogues and CW's DPS nerfed, pugs are going to be getting WTDBBQ'd in epics.The buffs to GF's and GWF's will not be enough to offset the other classes nerfs. Most pugs can't handle t2 epics with one cleric now at 100% uptime on Astral Shield and basically no one under pressure except us clerics. Guild groups and statics will most likely find a way to adapt but honestly it's not going to be easy even for them. Thank heavens I have a small guild of chill players that will find a way...I hope. I feel for puggers, I really do.

It's not just puggers that will feel the pain. All those people that were running CN with "shortcuts?" Guess what those are gone (which is good from a closing an exploit perspective) but guess what.... who's going to run a dungeon that hard and that long without the ability to save the instance to complete later? Not very many people.

It's hard to understand if Cryptic/PWI just doesn't understand their audience "at all" or if they really do see this as just a super fast money grab with the 100% pay to win mentality. Because right now this game has about another 30 day shelf life before the vast majority of players quit since they've already bought all the best gear from the AH (and dumping loads of money in PWI's pockets) and they also have 2-3 level 60 characters. Not to mention the dungeons are just a mass of zerg encounters and the difficulty vs rewards if you aren't running Delves just make them not worth it.

It's a sad state of affairs when a developer pulls you in with promises of long term playability and depth but delivers just another shell of a game designed for a quick cash return and on to the next pay for win game. Sure glad I didn't spend 200 on the hero of the north founders pack. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This is just unbelievably <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I took my time to go through the patch notes and look on the main page for any information concerning potential nerfs before spending all the AD I had managed to save up on a Greater Plague Fire, because of how useful it is to a party. Now I see this on this obscure forum: you've rendered it totally useless to people who run with more than one, and not worth it for people with high vizier set and/or with a high amount of armor pen. I just enchanted my Ancient Court Orb with one, what do you expect me to do now? Remove all my level 6-7 armor pen enchants? Find another Ancient Court Orb and save up again forever to use a Greater Vorpal instead? So disgusting...

Disgusting yes. Intentional yes. What does this change translate to? More zen purchases for PWI so that you'll remove the existing enchant using gems instead of overwriting it (because it was so expensive). This is all part of the grand design.
  • Options
    moonbamoonba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Fix Lightning Arc agro from the enchantment... please... it makes it so unconvenient in PvE..
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Edit: Unnecessary...

-One Shots
  • Options
    n3lixn3lix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    to those new to neverwinter, PWE and specifically cryptic... they are notorious for breaking stuff more than fixing, you think there won't be a fix patch right after the game goes live? think again :)

oh and about the devs not giving a S... they're notorious for that too. all I can say is $$ and more kaching!
  • Options
    horoturehoroture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for fixing the bleed not working. Haven't tested it but any bug fix on bleed is awesome. As long as the patches keep rolling out and fixing as opposed to nerfing, it's great news.
  • Options
    sirxluissirxluis Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    we're listening closely to your feedback

what?
    where did you read anyone complaining about the flamstrike and guardian of faith? maybe make guardian of faith usefull for a change or even better actually "listen closely" to the feedback thats going on forums ppl want perma shield and correct tooltips not bug fixes with guardian of faith and flamestrike that werent even any useful or any problem anyway... please
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Neverdeath Graveyard: Dragon Attack - players no longer get stuck in combat next to a chest

WOOT! Glad this was finally addressed; I've been /bugging it since BW2. That chest better look out, I'm coming for it! ^_^

Also glad the difficulty of the dungeons are being looked at. I like a challenge, but a couple of the dungeons seem far too difficult for casual gamers. And I've been in dungeons where people wanted to quit and get a new team because specific fights were taking too long. I don't mind a long fight, and it's irritating to have to start a dungeon over just because the Speed Runners aren't happy with their Rewards per Second.

Finally, for everyone leaving... can I have your stuff? :D
    qtPt2I
This discussion has been closed.