test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF buff

thexarkunthexarkun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
So with Mod 6 Guardian Fighters were buffed. I haven't leveled one to 70 yet (leveling through PvP) but it seems to me they're really good now. weren't that bad before.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Crescendo>Flourish>3xGryffon's Wraith>bullcharge, QQ anyone? :D
  • Options
    thexarkunthexarkun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    XD I stunlocked a CW in level 30 pvp today. Multiple times. The rage was strong with him.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wait till u'll meet TR or DC.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Try out Flourish on GF, that thing hits so hard now.
  • Options
    koalazebraiikoalazebraii Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    hits WAAAAAY more than a GWF's flourish, coz cryptic has the best coding.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    hits WAAAAAY more than a GWF's flourish, coz cryptic has the best coding.
    It also bugs jagged blades, I don't know why but sometimes DoT from that feat goes crazy after you use flourish against the target.
    Feels almost as cheap as playing TR now ._. Barely need a half of the rotation to kill an enemy now.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh ****, I hated fighting GFs before mod6... Oh well, root root root, pew pew.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »

Another variant is Anvil of Doom instead of Bullcharge. Works like a charm.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another variant is Anvil of Doom instead of Bullcharge. Works like a charm.

I like to have both bull charge AND anvil of lols slotted because I am just a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that. :cool:
  • Options
    ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    u guys here tend to forget a very lethal power.....

knee breaker + red glyh and the new dot is better than anvil

regards
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »

3x Griffon's Wrath isn't that effective against TRs, HRs, and GWFs. The first two classes an just deflect after one or two griffons and barely take any damage. The lack of burst from having to press it 3x gives the GWF an opportunity to be Unstoppable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    runonnike wrote: »
    3x Griffon's Wrath isn't that effective against TRs, HRs, and GWFs. The first two classes an just deflect after one or two griffons and barely take any damage. The lack of burst from having to press it 3x gives the GWF an opportunity to be Unstoppable.

Flourish > Bullcharge them into some wall, come to them and beat them with gryffon's strike till they are proned, with zero deflect chance.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I just think it's incredibly cool that this class is getting this kind of attention now. Was my first level 60 class and have been waiting since the stalwart bulwark nerf for the class to really be relevant again.

All the crying about classes...there are more good classes now than ever, they just really need to turn up gwf and sw. That is a GOOD thing.
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I just think it's incredibly cool that this class is getting this kind of attention now. Was my first level 60 class and have been waiting since the stalwart bulwark nerf for the class to really be relevant again.

All the crying about classes...there are more good classes now than ever, they just really need to turn up gwf and sw. That is a GOOD thing.

They shouldnt buff them but nerf other classes imo.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Don't worry, we'll be nerfed by the next major patch.

The GF is the only class that has never gotten away with silliness. GWFs, TRs, CWs and HRs ran around for entire Mods and sometimes two successive Mods before they were looked at whereas the minute a GF starts kicking butt it is broken fairly quickly.

Remember the tears about KV and glyphs? Instead of fixing the stupid glyphs they just broke the GF. Then fixed the glyphs to add further insult.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bull charge->flurish->1-2 crushing surge->anvil of doom, thats how its done. GF shines (near CW, TR, HR opness) at early 60 with bi set (im 2p/2c). I've 1shoted HR without hp eq with 24k crit flurish. This scaling is pretty ridiculous for my eq build o.O. I played only on lvl 60 so it may degrade with lvlups.

Before red glif nerf i used bull charge, flurish, knee breaker. After that it wasnt so efective. Maybe with new stats it will come back. Now im more in green+blue.
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    .....Giving GFs a massive damage boost won't address those issues, but will just cause other issues instead.

My Flourish /3 GW/Anvil +Crescendo rotation does less or equal to one of your Disintegrate 5 sec encounter..What massive boost you are talking about??

About HRs?Have anyone of you fought a 70lv HR on ptr?
    Well after the first kill and the HR understands that you hit not as a wet noodle now,stays in disstance and starts contricting arrow and hindering shot.If you drop him even at 80% hp it will be a success.

Against TR it is worst than Mod5 by far.No stealth reveal no regen.Tr can kill you just by CoS from stealth.

Against CW....what to tell now...81k encounter every 5.7 secs.NON CRIT.Nough said.

GF got a pittyfull boost.Needs more cc and more defense /
    Our GW stun is 1.5 sec in pve,0.75 in pvp.And then affected by tenacity ,deflect resist CC.In mod6 we cannot do 2 successive attacks.GW stun needs to be a daze.

Guys stop falling to the evil CW's trap.Gf got a damage boost on par with paladin.We were asking this for 1 1/2 year.
    Don't accept the fact that "we are OP now".Evil Cws will use this as a n excuse for a nerf.Deny this in any situation available.

Our first priority is to adjust the other classes..not our own!!! DON"T BE NAIVE!!!!! :)

"On the other hand, GFs have been quite strong for long stretches of time. Even in module 5,"
    .....Yes they were very strong that's why they were 2 GFs in first 10 pages.Yes.They were very strong.Actually worst inleadeboard than SWs.Yes.Gfs were very strong.CWs are weak.CWs need buff.....
  • Options
    ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Let me quote myself:
    ravenan wrote: »
    GF shines (near CW, TR, HR opness)at early 60 with bi set

We cant be blind, we hit hard but all do, CWs, TRS and HRs are still in higher tier of pvp. healer DC have problem now. Everything can change at 70 when maxed ppl start to show up.
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think GFs are fine, but i thought that when you buff a tank class, you buff its survivability and defensive/ protective tools.

If i get it right, GFs got a huge buff to damage but i don't get why.
    I would buff their survivability for module 6 to make them real tank fighters with some CC and utility, only mediocre damage (the way a GWF right now has quite strong DPS but quite mediocre survivability).
    Would be ok to have decent damage but i keep reading they hit harder than GWFs with burst rotations in PvP...while being way more survivable...makes little sense to me why they buffed their damage so much instead of focusing on protection/ defense...

While O.Paladin should be tank/healer (i guess), GFs are supposed to be tank/fighters. Hope cryptic balance stuff to make each tank class stick to its job.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    I thought that when you buff a tank class, you buff its survivability and defensive/ protective tools.

I would buff their survivability for module 6 to make them real tank fighters with some CC and utility, only mediocre damage (the way a GWF right now has quite strong DPS but quite mediocre survivability).
    Would be ok to have decent damage but i keep reading they hit harder than GWFs with burst rotations in PvP...while being way more survivable...makes little sense to me why they buffed their damage so much instead of focusing on protection/ defense...

I think the jury is still out? GF seems almost where it should be. Not quite, but you can't get everything you want.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I thought that when you buff a tank class, you buff its survivability and defensive/ protective tools.

^^^
    Traitor!!!!!! :( You abandon your brothers of the baracks in order to gain the Library's trust : (

"I thought that when you buff a tank class, you buff its survivability and defensive/ protective tools."

i 'll keep this in mind.Since GWF is considered by DEVs a off tank,i think you got some damage buffs.Well continue and GFs will start singing your song too.

"If i get it right, GFs got a huge buff to damage but i don't get why."

I 'll tell you why.i got in level 62 area i pTR with boosted lv60.COULD NOT KILL A SINGLE THING.
    I guess someone of the devs ,probably GMC went in a similar area aswell.He got disgusted and increased the Gf damage.

Seriously now,with the same damage before boost,GF in new content was not viable even for one daily.
    Its whole rotation could do 20k damage when any add has 50k hp.
    If you think that was ok,fine then.

Paladin was a new class friend.It was tested by devs /players extensivelly.And Gf got damage boost on par with paladin in the same patch.Doesn't that tells you something?
    It tells something to me.WITH 20-25k damage rotaion GF/OP were not viable for NW.So they got buffed.

About survivability friend....
    Any increase to Gf's survivability was off record since the first thoughts on mod6 by the Devs.
    Why that?

1.First they were sure that Gf would be less survivable than OP.Op is a investment.It cannot be a financial failure.

2.As an experienced pvper as your self you know that if Gfs survivability would increase w,this would lead to turtle builds same as faith Dcs in role.Unkillable pittyfull damage node holders.
    Not underestimating the danger of revitalizing the degenerate SoS build
    And that the devs would not want to see it ever.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Some of you keep referring to Gfs as tanks.

Tell me a game where cloth wearing "controller" has only 10% less DR than a "tank".And 10-15% less hp.While he has 4x damage and 5x control.Yes tell me one.

Tell me a game where a hybrid "ranger" has 10% less hp,10% less DR,20% more deflect and has 4x control and 4x damage.

If you want tanks to be tanks,you cannot stick to a holy trinity theme,as concerning his damage ,but then you cry when you cannot kill it.

The shouts and the whining " oh Gfs are very tough!!Gfs perma block" is still heard in my ears.

NW is an action based MMO that's why we all play it.
    Action MMO where rank9/10 class is doing 50% of Striker's rank5 damage is a catastrophe.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So, whats with the avatars ?

I don't know about those two, I laughed at first though.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think GFs are fine, but i thought that when you buff a tank class, you buff its survivability and defensive/ protective tools.

While O.Paladin should be tank/healer (i guess), GFs are supposed to be tank/fighters. Hope cryptic balance stuff to make each tank class stick to its job.

As a GF i have to get hit in order to ramp up my 'burst' dmg, while a GWF can just flail away, like a Neanderthal and ramp up damage by just doing that. GWF's also have direct access to critical hit rate, while a GF does not have such option, at all. Play as a destroyer GWF and then claim again, that GF hits harder than GWF. Stop spreading these false rumors in order to get your class buffed.

If the GWF needs a buff, ask for it. Gather all your GWF friends/foes, test things, provide feedback and ask the devs for improvements. The GF community has done the same and since it is a quite small community, compared to the GWF community (many former roar-abusers, are sadly still around.) the resulting GF-improvements are quite good.

---

Damage = Threat. More damage = better tankability.

P.S. we also have received defensive buffs of pure dr values.

---

The little GF 101 - There are THREE GF specs:

The Conqueror: Slow dps, high burst damage, not so great survivability. (burst spec)

The Protector: The best survivability, least damage potential, not so great CC. (tank spec)

The Tactician: The best CC, best group utility, semi decent damage reduction. (utility spec)

---

tl,dr: You are mixing ALL THREE paths into one. Keep it real.

• Options
    koalazebraiikoalazebraii Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    So, whats with the avatars ?

I lol'd at ofnieslaf's avatar and I asked him to give me one too, you can ask him too!