test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End Game Difficulty is insane! (also: Where did all the GFs go?!)

Comments

• Options
    gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    all want game little harder but how its now is too too too harder
    get out 1 too from harder and will be fine
    boss should not be kill in 1 hit monsters from maps who are grouped 4 or 5 should not kill you instant if monster hit you and u loose 90% from hp and u use 1 hp potion your hp will be 40% next round of dmg come afther 2 or 3 sec and surprise insta dead hp potions is only to spend your gold
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    D&D also never was a video game. It also doesn't require grinding for gear or levels and it also doesn't have static content.
    And I don't care about killing the fomorian king, I just want to survive to lowly zombie jumping me for half my hp.

Was.
    Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate and various others.
    Neverwinter Nights, especially, was difficult to point of "be scared from 10 zombies".
    Mod 6 was delayed for a month and is now out for over a week and had 3 patches, and it's still not complete you say?

Still missing equipments and settings.
    Mainly profession (like, Black Ice Gear).
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    flambridge wrote: »
    Was.
    Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate and various others.
    Neverwinter Nights, especially, was difficult to point of "be scared from 10 zombies".

Still missing equipments and settings.
    Mainly profession (like, Black Ice Gear).

Don't forget > D&D: Daggerdale, D&D: Shadow over Mystara + D&D: Tower of doom.

• Options
    bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This was a mistake of the devs, not of D&D.
    The devs have "overpower" to players, and stood feels of "all is much easy."
    All this power was not for players, never was. Drizzt Do'Urden can't confront Valindra, alone.

The DC, now, have to worry healing.
    The GF, now, have to worry tanking.
    The CW, now, no more "dungeon master control".

This real is dificult of Neverwinter. (from lore)

Drizzt was not seriously hurt or challenged by 4 lizardmen or a pack of 3 mercenaries either. Valindra was a major boss, arch villian she was supposed to be a great challenge and for many of us the bosses pre mod 6 were. If the difficulty level pre mod 6 was a mistake..a mistake for the 2 years I have been playing the game, it was a mistake that made the game popular and fun for many of us.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bruceifer wrote: »
    Drizzt was not seriously hurt or challenged by 4 lizardmen or a pack of 3 mercenaries either. Valindra was a major boss, arch villian she was supposed to be a great challenge and for many of us the bosses pre mod 6 were. If the difficulty level pre mod 6 was a mistake..a mistake for the 2 years I have been playing the game, it was a mistake that made the game popular and fun for many of us.

The game was not a mistake, the "overpower" after 60 was the mistake.
    The players were too strong, in general, to enemies. Especially those who used enchantament 7+.
    I never thought normal cope with "8 hordes of Red Rood" or "kill dragons", easily.
    And what is difficulty of play in duo or trio?
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The game was not a mistake, the "overpower" after 60 was the mistake.
    The players were too strong, in general, to enemies. Especially those who used enchantament 7+.
    I never thought normal cope with "8 hordes of Red Rood" or "kill dragons", easily.
    And what is difficulty of play in duo or trio?
    The game is marketed as being solo friendly. Meaning you are mean to be able to do all content except Dungeons, Skirmishes, and HEs solo with a companion. Heck, the game even reminds you of this during some of the loading screens.

People should not be forced to group up for dailies. Period.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The game is marketed as being solo friendly. Meaning you are mean to be able to do all content except Dungeons, Skirmishes, and HEs solo with a companion. Heck, the game even reminds you of this during some of the loading screens.

People should not be forced to group up for dailies. Period.

I had no problems soloing dailies as a level 68 GF. I wasn't an over gear lvl 60 GF as I just had T2 armor set, CN weap, blue artifacts, and a few boons. It definitely takes longer than before and i die sometimes, but it is not impossible as many make it out to be.

At level 70 with new gear, it will become easier.
  • Options
    yatzolyatzol Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    LOL man you wont be seeing many GF, Palis, or GWF after another week or two here you wont see any SW either because they set the settings so high in the dungeons tanks are being one shotted by everything performing their role
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am SO happy it's actually a challenge!!! :D
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mod 6 made this game way to difficult for the average/casual player. Sure if you are all hard core, have all the best gear, AD out the ying yang for everything, then the game is probably just fine for you. You get a good challenge. But this game is no longer fun to play as an average/casual player that don't have the best gear or AD to get the best gear. Sure learning how to play the class best in what ever situation helps but isn't the end all be all that all of you claim it to be. As a average/casual player myself, gear has become pretty much useless except for the added hit points you get from blue. Since your stats level backwards no matter how high your gear score is what is the point of even having any gear score now. You take more damage and do less damage as you level and that is just plain stupid how they worked that. Any way, my opinion is that all average/casual players got kicked to the curb with M6. I don't have a lot of money to spend on the game but I do spend money on the game, but not any more. Not after M6. I thought the game was fine before M6 and there was going to be a new level 70 campaign area for all the hard core players. But no, instead they just made all the campaigns for the hard core players and kicked everyone else to the curb. That is how I feel about M6.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I disagree... what they did is make the game require a good party... which has always been the nor for D&D... it's time to find 5 good players to group with all the time... Any content can be done in this game with a little effort... but what's the point in face-rolling through everything.... then waiting for the devs to release more... the game was far too easy even for the casual player.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I disagree... what they did is make the game require a good party... which has always been the nor for D&D... it's time to find 5 good players to group with all the time... Any content can be done in this game with a little effort... but what's the point in face-rolling through everything.... then waiting for the devs to release more... the game was far too easy even for the casual player.

>this game is far too easy
    >ah yes, the challenge i've been waiting for, getting one-shotted through block!
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    >this game is far too easy
    >ah yes, the challenge i've been waiting for, getting one-shotted through block!

If you had a DC with AS on you... wouldn't happen. People are just too used to face-rolling all the content. Until now a balanced party has not been required. No one had to think about building for anything other PVP. The days of running ahead in dungeons because you had good gear, and never having to worry about causing a party wipe are over. Play together or die. I stopped PVEing because it was boring.... grind for gear... grind fo gear... grind for gear... Now when you beat that end Level dungeons... it feels like you did something. Nothing END GAME should be easy. It's supposed to be END GAME...

Man and as hard as it as at level 70... it's STILL the easiest MMO I've ever played. You guys... I just don't get the QQing. Don't you want something to strive for!?
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you had a DC with AS on you...

For doing DAILIES?

Do you think we ought to have tanks & healers just to do dailies? That's just stupid.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All I'm asking for, is a level of difficulty somewhere between "being able to solo CN" and "getting one-shot by powries".
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This was a mistake of the devs, not of D&D.
    The devs have "overpower" to players, and stood feels of "all is much easy."
    All this power was not for players, never was. Drizzt Do'Urden can't confront Valindra, alone.

The DC, now, have to worry healing.
    The GF, now, have to worry tanking.
    The CW, now, no more "dungeon master control".

This real is dificult of Neverwinter. (from lore)

He could, actually, since Valindra is around level 9 in 4e, which would be around level 28 player character in Neverwinter. Why she is such a main villain in this game is beyond me.

((I haven't been able to find Drizzt's 4e stats, but he was level 16 in 3e, and Valindra was level 10 there.))
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Quote Originally Posted by zebular
    CW's outlook:

"Once I got to 70 and got in level 70 blue gear, Sharandar, IWD, DR, and WoD all of a sudden felt similar to Mod 5. They are still a bit more tough and often hit real hard, but they are no longer "look at you, the world dies in agony" strong. The main issue I am seeing from my own observations and perceiving from others comments, is that the scaling and difficulty curve from 60-70 in both scaling and the new zones, is making things feel way harder than they "should."

I strongly suggest that when you get to 70, or even as soon as you can, break free from your old T2 set gear. Trust me, the new 61-70 gear, even at green quality, is far better. Especially the level 70 gear of uncommon+ is better than our old T2 sets.

It was hard for me to take off my HV set that I have had and loved for so long, with each piece transmuted (Ilybranduin armor non-free transmutes, mage hat, WB Book) and dyed each piece 1 Winterwolf and 2 Blacks... However, once I did and embraced the new level 70 gear, as well as embraced every feat and boon that gave me HP, Incoming Healing, and Healing Procs, my adventuring got a whole lot easier. I even took up 2k lifesteal and 2.5k regen. I'm now at 2100 IL and rocking most "solo" content just fine. Once I get my Main Hand, I'll look into group content. I'm now a far better self-healing Renegade CW than I was before, with almost 60k HP and I am not even in the new Set gear yet nor have my Main Hand."

Yeah, it's become pretty bloody obvious by now that Cryptic expects everyone to trash the gear they spent so much time, effort, and money on getting, enchanting and customizing...give up the set bonuses without a backward glance...and trade it in on the new Blues because they have lots of hit points, and apparently somewhere along the way the devs decided to go the Final Fantasy route & make all the enemies have millions of hp while hitting for hundreds of thousands in damage.

Some people are doing just that, as zebular said he did. Here's the thing--we shouldn't have to. SHOULD. NOT. HAVE. TO. You introduced artifact weapons, belts, & cloaks which can be refined and advanced in level....why the He ll didn't you just add a means to advance our existing epics to keep up? No, instead we're supposed to start from scratch, swallow our pride and surrender to the new world in which you'd better have at least 30k health or you're toast. It smacks of some knee-jerk reaction to characters that were considered "OP...and why were they OP? Because many of us did the math and meticulously built our toons to an optimum balance, taking full advantage of the game mechanics. Who wouldn't? We scrimped and paid and slaved and clawed our way to the top of the heap, and were, justly so I might add, rewarded with power.

Now the rug is being yanked from under our feet, the rules changed midstream, a proverbial smack on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper, our noses rubbed in <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and without a word actually spoken (except patch notes), we are again dumped into the pit and told to claw our way out. Resentment is too mild a word for what I am feeling, and I am far from alone. There are the players who think this mod is great and willingly embraced a total respec...I hate to tell ya, but you're in the minority. The "main thing you should be seeing from your own observations and perceiving from others' comments", zeb, is that the devs overstepped this time. Badly.

Couldn't agree more. I find it pathetic that people had to farm and grind like crazy to get there arti weapons and belt now ther eis better belts and better arti weapons that increase your stats and bonuses twice as much. Oh thats good so people spent all that time grinding refining stones and waiting for double rp weekend to what ? have it all be for nothing.

And once everyone has all this new gear maxed out another new mod will appear and there will be newer gear and it will start all over again. caint wait :D

Thats why I have quit pve lol it is pointless now.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015

Hmmm...another one demanding everyone should play the game with their setup, their gear, their play style, and, presumably, clones of their characters in order to derive any enjoyment for it. Yeah right...
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015

It doesn't have to be all or nothing, you do undertsand that right ? Why would it be so hard to have some hard dungeons and then some easier ones ?

It's just a fact that some players aren't as good as others, for whatever reason if it's they haven't got the skill or time to play. Dungeons should have a veriety.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If it is so, can add a mechanical refining from 60 epics to 70. In professions or via AD with an NPC of PE.

It is easy to implement this.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The dungeons shouldn't be difficult and frustrating with good party composition. They should be doable still as long as someone can heal, but good much more smoothly with control/tank/healer/DPS.

Mod 5 was easy, but they clearly overbuffed everything in mod 6. Lifesteal and regen are terrible now, there's no reason why things should kill a GF in 1-2 hits or a GWF through unstoppable. Maybe double the damage they previously did, not 10 times!

If they DEVs want challenge just toss some more powers on enemies, that's not hard, the powers and animations already exist for pretty much any existing enemy to use. Give the big guys in CC frontline surge and make the big knolls prone or something.
  • Options
    translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just not worth it.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mod 6 is the biggest content change to date. Give it a few weeks or so. Attitudes will change as people adjust to new game mechanics.

There will likely be some changes made by the devs as well.

Keep calm and carry on! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    I stand corrected on one count--you do not actually have to go out and farm gloves again if you have an existing set of Purified or Corrupted Black Ice armor. The profession allows you to either use a new set of basic BI gloves, OR your set's gloves, to craft the new blue pair.

All of the other three Black Ice pieces must be bought anew for the crafting, but at least those can be bought for black ice at the store in Caer Konig.

So level 70 purple black ice gear is as good as anything else right now?
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."