test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GG > Domination in Mod 6 and switching sides

drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
I tried for hours to get into some Domination matches, yesterday. At the same time that I jumped in the queue for Dom, I joined GG. I discovered something, that many of you may already know, that the NEW GG delivers more Glory for the time and energy.

In the 6 or 7 GG's that I joined... I made 10k glory. I was on the winning side 50% of the time. I also noted something else... which is the second part of this post.

I played with and against the same people and the same toons... from the same guilds and same exact gear in every match. I don't know bout you, but I remember the names of the players I am grouped with and the people who kick my *** in PvP. So when I saw that some of them had switched sides, in GG, I was seriously like "WTF!!!!!". I asked a long time player if this was possible.

He said that some PvP guilds have a guild for each side. The toons in one are often the same in the other. He did say that the names of the guilds have to be different.

I told him that it had been minutes since I had seen them on a different team. I am not talking about 1 or 2 of them... closer to 6 or 7.

That being said, I was told that once Luskan always Luskan. Once Delzoun, always Delzoun... that the guilds decide which side they support.

If that was the case, how were these players switching sides? I checked to see... I was always Luskan.
ez0sf4K.png
Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
SYNERGY Alliance
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know about the second part of your post but that first part....GG que seems to pop far more than dom que. It lags far far less than it did in mod5. So I run gg a lot. Glory is plentiful. GG seems much easier than dom. I don't know why. Even 1v1's. Maybe it has to do the the elo in dom placing you against people around the same place on the leaderboard as you. Where GG it seems like just who ques.

I do notice people constantly on different sides in gg. I just never question it. Anymore GG is just a larger version of dom. The third dom map and 10 player teams. More glory. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree, GG is great now that there is no lag, anymore.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I do notice people constantly on different sides in gg. I just never question it.

Considering that it was the whole concept behind the GG PvE... was that the 2 sides fight for control of GG. Now that the PvE part, FC and DK are gone... I guess there is no need for sides to be set by guilds. I have noticed too that the Delzoun and Luskan guys are absent from the Trade of Blades.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The best thing about GG is that you can hop on and off without the leaver penalty. It's very refreshing and reminds me of the good old days in PVP.
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nwoun1 wrote: »
    The bets thing about GG is that you can hop on and off without the leaver penalty. It's very refreshing and reminds me of the good old days in PVP.
    That's not really a feature, but a curse imo.

Yes, GG is ok as long as you don't randomly queue and get 10 ******bags of Absolute as opponent.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    grabmoore wrote: »

Yes, GG is ok as long as you don't randomly queue and get 10 ******bags of Absolute as opponent.

You still get more Glory and less stress than you would if you went 5v5 with those same ******bags from Absolute.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    In the 6 or 7 GG's that I joined... I made 10k glory. I was on the winning side 50% of the time. I also noted something else... which is the second part of this post.

How did you get so much glory per match? I've only ever gotten 500 per match when on the winning side.
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    grabmoore wrote: »

So what? Type x, check handles, leave. Get another match.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    How did you get so much glory per match? I've only ever gotten 500 per match when on the winning side.

We are also given GG coins, are we not? I also have a booster pack that adds 25% more glory... and silver utility enchants that add more glory on top of all of that.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nwoun1 wrote: »
    So what? Type x, check handles, leave. Get another match.

Yeah I think that is the correct strategy. Just played a frustrating match with a bunch of PVP "pros". Should have just left in the middle instead of sitting through that agony.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've never left a game in GG pvp i always play until we lose or we win i try to cap as much point as i can to get more glory even if the whole enemy team is premade guild i don't care even when we lose i get 3 GG coin and 350 glory not bad...better than normal domination
    you will see me a lot in GG pvp :)
    TR
    GameOver
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've never left a game in GG pvp i always play until we lose or we win i try to cap as much point as i can to get more glory even if the whole enemy team is premade guild i don't care even when we lose i get 3 GG coin and 350 glory not bad...better than normal domination
    TR
    GameOver

ya I never quit. Capping while losing or even just patrolling to pick off lone stragglers of the other team, it can still be fun.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    We are also given GG coins, are we not? I also have a booster pack that adds 25% more glory... and silver utility enchants that add more glory on top of all of that.

I am at about 130 gg coins, and am wondering if there is a cap. It really just seems to be a way to have a lot more glory saved up.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    TR
    GameOver

Yeah... I wont leave either. I cn get more points and Glory from GG.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think it is now random what side you start on. I have been on both sides.

Vwery much liking the new GG :D (not just for glory).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have always been on the blue side... but I have started at the other spawning spot. I have been in about 15 GGs since the mod started.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have always been on the blue side... but I have started at the other spawning spot. I have been in about 15 GGs since the mod started.

lol ya somehow I am always on the blue side to. Whats up with that???? ;) The only thing about the spawn points seems to be which direction to go at the start to get to 5 the quickest.
  • Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GG has terrible map design, once 1 side of the map steamrolls through their point, they go THROUGH the enemy spawn path to cap the other nodes, unless you are a TR you can't defend your uncapped points because your enemy will see you coming, HORRIBLE design.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been doing group PVP with my guildies for many hours yesterday. Might have bumped into you in some of those matches :rolleyes:
    I tried for hours to get into some Domination matches, yesterday. At the same time that I jumped in the queue for Dom, I joined GG. I discovered something, that many of you may already know, that the NEW GG delivers more Glory for the time and energy.

I played with and against the same people and the same toons... from the same guilds and same exact gear in every match. I don't know bout you, but I remember the names of the players I am grouped with and the people who kick my *** in PvP. So when I saw that some of them had switched sides, in GG, I was seriously like "WTF!!!!!". I asked a long time player if this was possible.

He said that some PvP guilds have a guild for each side. The toons in one are often the same in the other. He did say that the names of the guilds have to be different.

I told him that it had been minutes since I had seen them on a different team. I am not talking about 1 or 2 of them... closer to 6 or 7.

That being said, I was told that once Luskan always Luskan. Once Delzoun, always Delzoun... that the guilds decide which side they support.

If that was the case, how were these players switching sides? I checked to see... I was always Luskan.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am at about 130 gg coins, and am wondering if there is a cap. It really just seems to be a way to have a lot more glory saved up.

999 its the cap, at least before mod 6.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Everyone is on the blue side.

To you, your team is coloured blue and mine red, but to me, my side is coloured blue and you are red.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Everyone is on the blue side.

To you, your team is coloured blue and mine red, but to me, my side is coloured blue and you are red.

I considered that last night while I was running around capping. Can I ask you this...? Were you Delzoun or Luskan before? I wonder if what ever you see is always blue... and has always been blue. I never considered that there was no more Delzoun and Luskan. It may now just be A vs.B.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I considered that last night while I was running around capping. Can I ask you this...? Were you Delzoun or Luskan before? I wonder if what ever you see is always blue... and has always been blue. I never considered that there was no more Delzoun and Luskan. It may now just be A vs.B.

Yes, it has always been blue. Dom you will be blue side, GG you will be blue side, IWD you will be blue side. For everybody. It has always been this way whether you were Delzoun or Luskan...both blue to friendlies, both red to rivals.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Luskan and Delzoun is no longer a factor in which side you get on in GG pvp. It is just random which side you get placed on now
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can we clear up this 10k glory for a GG match that normally rewards 500. Is that legit?
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it was fun that we had a inhouse fight for this event though. Purple Dragon vs Absolute and EoA. Our team lost but we had a great time fighting with our own guildies, a great way to find out just how tough they are :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    Can we clear up this 10k glory for a GG match that normally rewards 500. Is that legit?

Ok there is some misunderstanding... it was 10k glory for a night of PvP.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok there is some misunderstanding... it was 10k glory for a night of PvP.

I assume that's after spending the GG coins?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I assume that's after spending the GG coins?

You got it.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm definitely a fan of the GG redesign. I was worried that the map was too big for 10v10 so I was pleasantly surprised to find it reduced when I entered after Mod 6 launched. Yeah not always cool running into premades but I haven't seen any major graveyard camping yet like in Domination. Also I prefer 10v10 mode to 5v5. Getting my *** handed to me as Archer with no pvp gear but hey everyone has to start somewhere eh?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.