test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The cat is better but only because one thing is bugged concerning Augment pets right now . Power does not transfer over from them. If they ever fix that bug, Stone will be better. (Icon is a better slot, but just about ALL icons use power.) Try it yourself. You get no power from Augment pets.
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is BiS gear

Bohpw9c.jpg

and this is how I look

i4WUjQD.jpg
  • Options
    xenodusxenodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You look awesome :)
    Filjorn Gyrfalcon@xenodus of Dragon ~
  • Options
    vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the shield is only for remodel?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vaam3 wrote: »
    the shield is only for remodel?

It's the steel bulwark shield I think. (Ask Rokuthy, he has the same one)

The only upgrade I need is timeless sword cus I have roughly 90-100 more ArP than I need. Then just enchants.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    is totaly joke that timeles sword is better than ancinet...i got like 5 ancient sword they cost 400k and the timeles cost 5m!!
    at the ss they shield seems to be 1 blue valiant...!im comfused:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    is totaly joke that timeles sword is better than ancinet...i got like 5 ancient sword they cost 400k and the timeles cost 5m!!
    at the ss they shield seems to be 1 blue valiant...!im comfused:rolleyes:

I'm going for maximum dps. That's all you need to know.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yea me 2 thats why i dont use ancient and ty god still ppl buy them :)

u have any idea about the inc changes??
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Will this still be the go to build and BiS gear when the new patch comes out and the future paragon path? I want a paladin path btw...we need more healing type classes since we are lacking clerics in the Q.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yea me 2 thats why i dont use ancient and ty god still ppl buy them :)

u have any idea about the inc changes??

Changes really won't do anything.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am very curious why, Rokuthy, you dont throw greater Tene enchants in offensive slots... at 30k hp and even 6 enchants thats quite a bit of unmitigated damage that procs often (especially with plague). Have you done the numbers here?

Also as you mentioned this setup is better for PVE so even if the Tene enchants were slightly less dps for PVE, I still wager that PVP tene>your set up correct?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    I am very curious why, Rokuthy, you dont throw greater Tene enchants in offensive slots... at 30k hp and even 6 enchants thats quite a bit of unmitigated damage that procs often (especially with plague). Have you done the numbers here?

Also as you mentioned this setup is better for PVE so even if the Tene enchants were slightly less dps for PVE, I still wager that PVP tene>your set up correct?

Tene is good in PvP, not PvE. It doesn't proc that often, it has an internal cooldown. In PvP it's good because PvP is all about burst.
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rokuthy, what are the stats on Timeless Sword? And I assume it's a dread vault drop?
  • Options
    marokkrellmarokkrell Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I have a question. I placed all my ability point's in Con and Str, under the assumption that is the best choice for GF. Well now it seems i should have put points in dex. Unfortunately, I am sitting at 14 dex, and I don't have the money right now to re spec. So how important is it that I get my dex to 16? I can get the money later for the re-spec. I just don't want to get one if it is not a game breaker. Normally, I would try to figure this out on my own, but umm my math skill's well let's just say they are no were near as good as you all :). Thank you for your help and I do appreciate the guide.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

~Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I had 6x Tene in my gear for a while and I didn't like it, but I have a completely separate PvP set that I have 6x Tene in, it would be dumb not to.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    marokkrell wrote: »
    Hey, I have a question. I placed all my ability point's in Con and Str, under the assumption that is the best choice for GF. Well now it seems i should have put points in dex. Unfortunately, I am sitting at 14 dex, and I don't have the money right now to re spec. So how important is it that I get my dex to 16? I can get the money later for the re-spec. I just don't want to get one if it is not a game breaker. Normally, I would try to figure this out on my own, but umm my math skill's well let's just say they are no were near as good as you all :). Thank you for your help and I do appreciate the guide.

I only have 14 dex as well (15 with a campfire buff) and I've respecced probably 30 times. No big deal.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    I had 6x Tene in my gear for a while and I didn't like it, but I have a completely separate PvP set that I have 6x Tene in, it would be dumb not to.

But have you tried 6 greater tenes? at 2 normals thats only 12% (I know its not additive) but roughly 12% HP to dmg, at greaters thats 18% a 50% increase in the necrotic damage... Seems like that would be hard to beat. I know it probably costs more, but still...

Also I know everyone bashes the ancient set, but it seems that with the huge damage output you can have using greater tenes and with the threat being increased for Gaunt, it might be nice to have that defense buff. I mean sacrificing stats on the sword for more base damage, and higher defense might help in both pvp and pve. It seems for a little drop in DPS you gain some decent survivability (especially pvp)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    But have you tried 6 greater tenes? at 2 normals thats only 12% (I know its not additive) but roughly 12% HP to dmg, at greaters thats 18% a 50% increase in the necrotic damage... Seems like that would be hard to beat. I know it probably costs more, but still...

Also I know everyone bashes the ancient set, but it seems that with the huge damage output you can have using greater tenes and with the threat being increased for Gaunt, it might be nice to have that defense buff. I mean sacrificing stats on the sword for more base damage, and higher defense might help in both pvp and pve. It seems for a little drop in DPS you gain some decent survivability (especially pvp)

I have a couple greaters, it still doesn't matter, you're talking 900 damage x 6 procs on a 10 second CD... it's not THAT big of a deal in PvE - and the difference between my current setup and Grand Regent armor + the Ancient Shield/Sword set is a whopping 6% damage reduction. Not worth it.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
  • Options
    megerkomegerko Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    13% tenebros its a 7% overal damage

log t2 Pirate lair
    rshC6Xsl.gif

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char%28dell%20brandstone@cjet2112%29/charactersheet
  • Options
    kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I noticed that Smiting Berseker Belt comes in different "tiers", what is the highest possible stat on this belt?
  • Options
    hkfrenchtoasthkfrenchtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How would the new updates that's coming out affect this build?
  • Options
    whiteshadow02whiteshadow02 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you explain why you've decided to go Armor pen > Power instead of Recovery please.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kr0owe wrote: »
    I noticed that Smiting Berseker Belt comes in different "tiers", what is the highest possible stat on this belt?

110 power
    133 crit
    133 ar.pen

this is the best one
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    How would the new updates that's coming out affect this build?

it seems like the ll no affect the incoming patch on this build!!
    but the things need 1st to be tested :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    megerko wrote: »
    13% tenebros its a 7% overal damage

log t2 Pirate lair
    rshC6Xsl.gif

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char%28dell%20brandstone@cjet2112%29/charactersheet

Think: tenebrous is 700 dps. For those tenebrous enchants you could get roughly 2.5k power (even more) which would give you 150-200 dps, per target; this would lead to an increase in dps way higher than 700. Tenebrous might be better for single target. Also, tenebrous effectiveness goes down the better your gear gets because tenebrous stays relatively flat in damage with gear increase (your health doesn't increase much). When you're at subpar gear the flat dmg of tenebrous makes up a lot of your damage, when you gear gets better it becomes less % of your dmg. When I started plaguefire was like 5-6% of my dps, now it's down to 2-3%.
  • Options
    megerkomegerko Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If we consider the production of aggro through DPS - maybe you're right. But if you approach from the standpoint of protection - that TENEBROUS gives great freedom in the protection branch, since it does not depend on the attacking qualities.

All that is needed - to collect 5 grand enchantments, and continue to collect HP and defensive stats. In my opinion this version of the tank also has a right to exist.
  • Options
    kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ok, so i bought stone instead of Cat, which Icon would be the best?
  • Options
    verzavusverzavus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Excellent guide!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Think: tenebrous is 700 dps. For those tenebrous enchants you could get roughly 2.5k power (even more) which would give you 150-200 dps, per target; this would lead to an increase in dps way higher than 700. Tenebrous might be better for single target. Also, tenebrous effectiveness goes down the better your gear gets because tenebrous stays relatively flat in damage with gear increase (your health doesn't increase much). When you're at subpar gear the flat dmg of tenebrous makes up a lot of your damage, when you gear gets better it becomes less % of your dmg. When I started plaguefire was like 5-6% of my dps, now it's down to 2-3%.

Rokuthy, With greater plague and high armor pen this wont be a BIG difference, however, the necrotic damage is obviously pure damage where power will contribute to premitigated damage. I have not done the numbers, I just know the rough math. Also, many boss fights I am Dpsing the boss solo, so solo dps is what matters there? Trash is well trash?

Also, it seems to me (my opinion) that the Tene set up is a better hybrid of PVE/PVP since it is GOOD at both. I think your set up, Rokuthy, is arguably best in PVE. I have 4 greaters and 2 Tene enchants and put out respectable PVE damage (usually 1-2) and also rock pvp...

The other thing I wonder is that with threat not being an issue, more "tanky" stats might start being favorable... I just picked up ancient set (both pieces) for under 350k for the extra defense... I am also using the blue belt with HP/Crit/ARP for better tene dmg/more tanky stats..
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Rokuthy, With greater plague and high armor pen this wont be a BIG difference, however, the necrotic damage is obviously pure damage where power will contribute to premitigated damage. I have not done the numbers, I just know the rough math. Also, many boss fights I am Dpsing the boss solo, so solo dps is what matters there? Trash is well trash?

Also, it seems to me (my opinion) that the Tene set up is a better hybrid of PVE/PVP since it is GOOD at both. I think your set up, Rokuthy, is arguably best in PVE. I have 4 greaters and 2 Tene enchants and put out respectable PVE damage (usually 1-2) and also rock pvp...

The other thing I wonder is that with threat not being an issue, more "tanky" stats might start being favorable... I just picked up ancient set (both pieces) for under 350k for the extra defense... I am also using the blue belt with HP/Crit/ARP for better tene dmg/more tanky stats..
    I was purely speculating about it being higher in a single target dps environment; it might not be. People say trash is trash, but doing bosses isn't hard. It's overall dungeon speed what you should be going for. In a lot of boss fights you are hitting more than 3-4 targets anyways (aka more damage than tenebrous, which I don't think would end up being 700 dps in a single target fight).

Another reason why Tenebrous COULD be higher dps than normal enchants single target wise is because you're enchanting 100% power since you can get 22% ArP from gear+cat. Even then, our power gets doubled so it's a lot better than for other classes.

Lastly, in CN I average 60K dps and peak 100k-200k. 700 of that isn't much.

If you're going for a PvE/PvP gear mix then sure, go Tenebrous, you could just invest on two gear sets. You will be lacking equally hard in PvE from going tenebrous than you would lack in PvP by using PvE enchants.

Edit: I don't think you should try to increase your tene dmg by getting more hp, it's not worth the investment (you'll get more dps out of investing for dps stats). Survability will never be an issue tbh.