test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    See that's exactly what the tool tip says maybe I should have paid closer attention to what people were thinking recovery does.

So let me see if I am on the same page as you now.
    Recovery doesn't lower the time it takes our encounters to be ready for use. A 10 second cd on lunging strike will always be a lunging strike.

What recovery actually does is that we gain a % more AP per attack and encounters like Griffon's Wrath will regenerate a % faster. So a 15 second regen usually can become 10 second one?
  • whosjohngalt1whosjohngalt1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, i might be totally wrong, so feel free to show me the door, but why control rings over undeath? is power/crit/recovery better than arpen/crit/recovery? or is it that you get enough arpen from other sources?
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hey, i might be totally wrong, so feel free to show me the door, but why control rings over undeath? is power/crit/recovery better than arpen/crit/recovery? or is it that you get enough arpen from other sources?

As long as you hit the caps, the way you get there doesn't matter too much. If you gear for ArPen, then just gem for Power, etc. Just remember to keep as much power as possible (either from gear or enchants) on your character and not your pet, as you get the double the benefit of power due to feats.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited June 2013
    Don't Undeath rings have defense slots instead than offense ones?
  • cleosith11cleosith11 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Heya Rokuthy

Im only 57 but had to try your guide with the resources I had available. I got the Stalwart set and gemmed as best I could. Im only at 12% ArPen, but have noticed a MASSIVE increase in my DPS. I have yet to lose a PvP match whereas before I ONLY lost them. I am first or second in DPS in all my dungeon runs. I had a run last night with 3 rogues in group. They couldnt touch me. The set bonus seems insanely powerful to me.

Anyways, just wanted to jump on here and sing your praises. Thanks a lot!
  • ironwill92ironwill92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Very nice guide, thx :)
  • whosjohngalt1whosjohngalt1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    Don't Undeath rings have defense slots instead than offense ones?

100% true. i'm a tool.
  • zyrhonzyrhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im not sure if I am stupid or not, but I cant seem to find any of the Stalwart set items anywhere... Been doing the dungeon you say is the drop locations but I only get other pieces with **** stats :/
  • pewpewandqqpewpewandqq Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, we need 3000 recovery, then 22% ArPen then much power as possible? Or first our goal is 22% ArPen, then 3000 recovery then power? Or what? Im confused now!:(
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So, we need 3000 recovery, then 22% ArPen then much power as possible? Or first our goal is 22% ArPen, then 3000 recovery then power? Or what? Im confused now!:(

22% ArP, crit and recovery from gear, then power.
  • wrannecwrannec Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    First off, great guide, it's much appreciated.

I was wondering if the ancient grand knight's main hand and off-hand would be a nice way to go?

The extra 450 defense is a lot. Atm, i'm a 12.5K GF with a cat, and i feel that to be an even better hybrid tank, i could use some more defense.

Is the loss of power too much of a loss? Also, the sword is +27 damage, compared to the scimitar. Could this compensate for the loss of power from Timeless shield and scimitar?

Thanks in advance!
  • whiteshadow02whiteshadow02 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wrannec wrote: »
    First off, great guide, it's much appreciated.

I was wondering if the ancient grand knight's main hand and off-hand would be a nice way to go?

The extra 450 defense is a lot. Atm, i'm a 12.5K GF with a cat, and i feel that to be an even better hybrid tank, i could use some more defense.

Is the loss of power too much of a loss? Also, the sword is +27 damage, compared to the scimitar. Could this compensate for the loss of power from Timeless shield and scimitar?

Thanks in advance!

Defense is pointless after 3k, after that you need roughly 250 defense per .1% damage reduction, meaning its absolutely pointless stacking it after that. Which is why GFs stack HP or other stats.
    edited June 2013
    Defense is pointless after 3k, after that you need roughly 250 defense per .1% damage reduction, meaning its absolutely pointless stacking it after that. Which is why GFs stack HP or other stats.

All righty. So the ancient grand knight's set would actually be nothing but waste of AD's?
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All righty. So the ancient grand knight's set would actually be nothing but waste of AD's?

Currently yes, but in the latest Dev post they said significant changes are coming soon to the way stats work for each character. I also wouldnt be surprised if they changed stats on some sets to be more valuable.

That said, I have contemplated buying currently useless set pieces in the event something like this happens and they make the set very valuable. You never know what they are going to do to sets or stats. Who knows? Maybe they rebalance GF gear and start adding damage stats on all sets, then the set may actually be decent...

I would also add that the weapon is still pretty good because of the high base damage. The shield currently sucks though from what I can tell and timeless currently beats it.

If they remove/extend the dim returns and also make tanking necessary and harder... who knows it might boost the value, or they could change the set bonus to power or armor pen instead, then it would be pretty Godly...
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Currently yes, but in the latest Dev post they said significant changes are coming soon to the way stats work for each character. I also wouldnt be surprised if they changed stats on some sets to be more valuable.

That said, I have contemplated buying currently useless set pieces in the event something like this happens and they make the set very valuable. You never know what they are going to do to sets or stats. Who knows? Maybe they rebalance GF gear and start adding damage stats on all sets, then the set may actually be decent...

I would also add that the weapon is still pretty good because of the high base damage. The shield currently sucks though from what I can tell and timeless currently beats it.

If they remove/extend the dim returns and also make tanking necessary and harder... who knows it might boost the value, or they could change the set bonus to power or armor pen instead, then it would be pretty Godly...

Thanks for the reply.

It's true what you say. And atm, it's a bit of a risk throwing a lot AD's after gear/stats that might be changed.

Atm, i got 700k AD, just waiting to be spend, but i'm not sure where to put them in my current gear.

You mentioned the sword in the ancient grand set. The base damage is 27 higher than the scimitar, but you'll loose out on power and crit. Is that even worth it at this point?
    edited June 2013
    Oh btw, just wondering about armor pen.

Atm i have 21.6%.

How important is it to get the last 0.4% ?

Thanks
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    EDIT
    why my post only show the first raw?
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    EDIT
    sorry it was a second try... i can't post
    edited June 2013
    EDIT
    I give up...
  • zyrhonzyrhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love you, you just made my day xD
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rokuthy where do you find the belt at? I see some for sale on the AH but i'm just curious if it's a set drop or easy to find. Thanks.
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rokuthy where do you find the belt at? I see some for sale on the AH but i'm just curious if it's a set drop or easy to find. Thanks.

I've seen them as a reward for finishing first in a PvP match - not sure if they can come from another source or not.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    question about radiant enchantments on off slots, are they really better than say, stacking crit or arpen enchants?
    edited June 2013
    Oh btw, just wondering about armor pen.

Atm i have 21.6%.

How important is it to get the last 0.4% ?

Thanks
    you only need 21% if you have 15 dex
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    you only need 21% if you have 15 dex

All right :)

Thanks!
  • ironwill92ironwill92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Hey Rokuthy one question: What dye did you use? :)
    edited June 2013
    ironwill92 wrote: »
    Hey Rokuthy one question: What dye did you use? :)

Ebon dye packs.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
  • xenodusxenodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere! If I have 17 dex and that gives -7% Resistance Ignored, do I aim to have enough armor penetration till I have 15% for a total of 22%? Not sure if I'm supposed to include that 7% from base dex. Thanks :)
    Filjorn Gyrfalcon@xenodus of Dragon ~
    edited June 2013
    xenodus wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere! If I have 17 dex and that gives -7% Resistance Ignored, do I aim to have enough armor penetration till I have 15% for a total of 22%? Not sure if I'm supposed to include that 7% from base dex. Thanks :)
    No

it's ArP * (1 + Dex*.01) aka 15% * 1.07 = 16.05
  • xenodusxenodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    No

it's ArP * (1 + Dex*.01) aka 15% * 1.07 = 16.05

Okay, thanks a bunch :)

Edit: Shouldn't it * 1.17 instead?
    Filjorn Gyrfalcon@xenodus of Dragon ~