test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    haha, that's the exact gear I'm wearing and 100% to the T what I have on the OP, the only difference is the enchants - I'll just drop recovery enchants and go 1 more ArPen and the rest power.

Same here :) but those **** power enchants expensive and gf gear sells for so cheap :(
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    OP updated with new BiS setups for Stalwart and Timeless - I noted it in the OP, but keep in mind that it doesn't matter which level of item you use, as long as you're using the same base item. For example:

My guide recommends Ancient Slavemaster's Ring of Control. If you haven't had those drop, or cannot afford them, that is perfectly ok - you just use a different rank of control rings. This could be Minor Grands from the seal vendor, Grand's from T2 delves or the Ancients from CN.

The same goes for enchants/runes - the guide assumes rank 7's, however, you can use 5's or 8's (or even 9's) - that's perfectly fine. The only thing that will change is you may have to add an extra or subtract a rune here or there in order to reach/not go over the 22% ArPen target. So just adjust as necessary.

The Stalwart optimization now matches the Timeless optimization 100% as well - I left both lists up though in case things change in the future.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • darkcrow1112darkcrow1112 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having 16 dexterity and 16% resistance ignored from ArPen caps the ArPen? Or I need 22% apart from what i get from dex??
    edited June 2013
    Having 16 dexterity and 16% resistance ignored from ArPen caps the ArPen? Or I need 22% apart from what i get from dex??
    It's multiplicative

16*1.06

To get how much ArP you need do: 22/(1+Dex*.01) = ArP needed from gear
  • darkcrow1112darkcrow1112 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    It's multiplicative

16*1.06

To get how much ArP you need do: 22/(1+Dex*.01) = ArP needed from gear

Oh I see, looks like I need more ArPen then. Thank You.
  • vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    guys the trample the fallen skill is really help us??
  • nuestinuesti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not up on the latest info on how all of the different stats work. Recovery is no longer something we should really try and stack? As in it really doesn't help much or what?
  • gyridhgyridh Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    nuesti wrote: »
    I'm not up on the latest info on how all of the different stats work. Recovery is no longer something we should really try and stack? As in it really doesn't help much or what?

I'm curious about this as well. Why is recovery suddenly dropped? Is there any info about it?
  • malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah. Also what kind of Enchantments for things like Head, Gauntlet, Chest..etc You only labeled a few.
    edited June 2013
    who gonna help me with trample the fallen skill???
    i can decide if that skill is usefull !! :)
    edited June 2013
    who gonna help me with trample fallen skill??
    i can decide if it usefull!!! any idea? :)
  • captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is that 22% arpen including what DEX is giving us or 22% from gear and DEX on top of that.
  • fandereyfanderey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, great guide! I just started playing and I'm relieved I read it before I got too far. I play tanks in most games, but I had no idea that threat worked so different in Neverwinter.

I'm playing a half-orc, and it seems like a lot of people prefer to go str/dex with them (I rolled 16/16/16). Do you have an recommendations for what you would do different if playing a half-orc, or would you just do it all the same? I know race doesn't make a huge difference, but I'm still curious.

Thanks again :)
  • braveheart30braveheart30 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,
    Just a small question that I can't find answer, can we get a Cat pet other than pay 980 000 diamond at the shop?

Thank you in advance!
  • bori08bori08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so for this hybrid spec is the lizardfolk better than the braced troll warhammer?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,
    Just a small question that I can't find answer, can we get a Cat pet other than pay 980 000 diamond at the shop?

Thank you in advance!

Sadly not. Depending on the exchange rate the Ioun Stone may be cheaper, but it may not be quite as suitable.
  • valeri0wnvaleri0wn Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm trying to wrap my head about how you are meant to get 22% ArP. Anyone can explain?
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vaam3 wrote: »
    who gonna help me with trample the fallen skill???
    i can decide if that skill is usefull !! :)

The Trample the Fallen passive is very good, yes. Battle Trample as a feat isn't very good however, and I would suggest using Crushing Pin in its place (or anything else you want).
    is that 22% arpen including what DEX is giving us or 22% from gear and DEX on top of that.

It's including Dex. For instance, with 15 Dex, it'll be roughly 2150 ArPen rating.
    fanderey wrote: »
    Wow, great guide! I just started playing and I'm relieved I read it before I got too far. I play tanks in most games, but I had no idea that threat worked so different in Neverwinter.

I'm playing a half-orc, and it seems like a lot of people prefer to go str/dex with them (I rolled 16/16/16). Do you have an recommendations for what you would do different if playing a half-orc, or would you just do it all the same? I know race doesn't make a huge difference, but I'm still curious.

Thanks again :)

That sounds perfectly fine to me.
    valeri0wn wrote: »
    I'm trying to wrap my head about how you are meant to get 22% ArP. Anyone can explain?

It's explained simply by the gear you wear and the enchants you use. Just look at my set optimizations for the specifics, or if you don't care to, then it's basically like this:

Blessing Neck - x2 (you and pet)
    Control Rings - x3 (2x you, 1x pet)
    Belts - Power + ArPen on you (Smiting Berseker) and Crit + ArPen on cat

Recovery will come naturally from the rest of your gear. After you get those base items, then you simply use Dark Enchants until you hit your 22% ArPen target, and then swap over to Radiant Enchants.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • bori08bori08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmm that's one of my problems, i don't have enough for the cat .:(
  • braveheart30braveheart30 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok thanks for answer... it will take a lot of time until I have enough diamond for that :(
  • rodrigyrodrigy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If our group has a cleric with 4/4 t1 High Prophet's set ( -40% armor on the boss/mobs), how it fits with our 22% arp?
    p.s. sorry for bad English
  • pocketsneakpocketsneak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't get the armor pen... with 15 dex it's only like 1.3%
  • azlhaazlha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for this guide, I love the skin of your shield can you tell me his name O.O ?
  • piconsipiconsi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi!

Your guide has been very usefull for me, lots of thanks. I have one question, Why you don't stack recovery any more? Thx!
  • jaggermerejaggermere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8
    edited June 2013
    Hi.

I am curious, previously you advocated 3000 Recovery followed by 1500 Armor Penetration.

Why the change now?
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jaggermere wrote: »
    Hi.

I am curious, previously you advocated 3000 Recovery followed by 1500 Armor Penetration.

Why the change now?

yes please let me know as well i want to understand calculation (still lv 21 and following this awesome guide) i have being part of skirmishees and dungeons and well seems that i'm a very good tank almost alway recieving the msot damage and well i'm about the 2 or 3 in DPS one time the first but it hink i'm still missing in equip since i'm basically using what the system recommend as better lol will take more note in ArPen in any case and will drop it only in the case that defense has a googgreat value :)
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
    edited June 2013
    Basically people were wrong about how recovery worked. So we thought 22% ArP wasn't achievable because you needed recovery. Now you stack ArP to 22% then power. I'll show a screenie of my pretty much perfect gear soon when i finish buying an item.
  • mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This same question came up on the previous page so I'm going to ask it again.

Wrong, How about recovery.? for the life of me I can't find a thread that seems to say it does something other than what it says.
  • skumbagduskskumbagdusk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Basically people were wrong about how recovery worked. So we thought 22% ArP wasn't achievable because you needed recovery. Now you stack ArP to 22% then power. I'll show a screenie of my pretty much perfect gear soon when i finish buying an item.

Elaborate on this. I've seen you on the forums, and streams, telling people this, but no clarification.
    edited June 2013
    Elaborate on this. I've seen you on the forums, and streams, telling people this, but no clarification.

Streams? Basically recovery is not cooldown reduction, it's recharge speed. This means that 100% recharge speed = 50% cdr, 50 = 33, etc.