test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gameplay updates for GWF

Comments

• frectarffrectarf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does the update come with a free respec?
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    The marks are for Snap Agro.

Tested a Sentinel Build on the Test server with 3 of my other Guildies. Control Wizard, Me as GWF, TR and Cleric. I was able to snap agro off the cleric or Wizard within seconds (barring they use Battlewise feat for CW and Soothe Feature for Cleric). My job as an Off-Tank Add support is what the Devs intended our role in this patch. IMO if you're not taking 1 of every class you will have a much harder time. In other words Working as Intended.

It makes me upset that my preferred role (DPS) in PvE is still pointless but at least I now know my intended role will get me grous and will help make my Cleric and Wizard friends much better at their roles.

Sounds really good, I might go back to Sentinel after all, just need to figure out some pvp friendly build.

edit: what's the new % on Initimidation?
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Instead of adding that dinky dash to Takedown, just make it hit multiple targets.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Instead of adding that dinky dash to Takedown, just make it hit multiple targets.

That would make it so OP.. imagine AOE prone and with 8 seconds cooldown.
  • khaelithdarksoulkhaelithdarksoul Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really like the changes on the Sentinel build, but the "updates" on Unstoppable ... I really don't know, what I should think about it. Getting hitpoints is nice, sure, but I liked the dmg reduction and it doesn't ignore some movements effects now? Why? :-(
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    frectarf wrote: »

Not atm... you need to use AD or you have a respec token when you transfered over.
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I really like the changes on the Sentinel build, but the "updates" on Unstoppable ... I really don't know, what I should think about it. Getting hitpoints is nice, sure, but I liked the dmg reduction and it doesn't ignore some movements effects now? Why? :-(

I was under the impression that we get temporary hit points on top of everything else.
  • khaelithdarksoulkhaelithdarksoul Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    terhix wrote: »
    I was under the impression that we get temporary hit points on top of everything else.

TBH, I dont know, still patching to test it, but on paper it doesn't sound like it.

Unstoppable: This power now grants temporary health based on how much Determination the player had when activating it.

EDIT: Maybe I get that wrong about movement buffs, if it was a bug, the a positiv buff was removed while active and now it no longer happens, that a good thing! SORRY! =)
    edited June 2013

Yeah, sure. If by "OP" you mean "actually useful outside of PvP".
    GWF has a staggering number of single target abilities considering their supposed role.
  • pois0nmanpois0nman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=nkv:4zqbj:a8an,1w03u0n:60000:6u000:b0uzv&h=1

This is how I'm specced currently, I just hit 60 a few days ago, having a blast so far, can't wait to see how I perform after the patch.

Hopefully Daring Shout is worth using with the Intimidation feat, it was very underwhelming and weak compared to the similar ability Roar.
  • druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    frectarf wrote: »
    Yes, it will.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501
    After we feel that the updates here have received sufficient testing on NeverwinterPreview, we’ll be introducing them to the Open Beta servers (with any necessary changes), and offering free respec tokens so that you can build your character the way that you’d like.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The changes on our end sound decent, and I look forward to hearing more analysis of them from those taking the time to test them out... And for that I thank you, as I personally do not have the time to do so.

One thing in particular, from the listing, I was under the impression that Unstoppable was being given Temporary Hitpoints on top of what it normally did... Really hope it is not replacing any of it's current effects.
    va8Ru.gif
    edited June 2013
    By the way, speaking of Unstoppable, did you know about this?
    LIwBpam.png
    If only this was true.
  • theliethesametheliethesame Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I knew my class would be GWF by the time i saw Reaver encounter on that video (and come on, a Yurnero Style whirlwind/Omnislash was too good to be true, that was the next big hit, since instead of whirlwind i have to use a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> wave). It is a ***** to never actually taste it. Started playing less than 1 month ago, no idea when or why it was removed (considered OP I guess, but it was a pretty sad moment when i realized there wasnt in game

EDIT :

So I watched the video again after 4-5 months or so, and lol.....I want to be the "Disciple of Rage on the field of battle,using a massive two handed weapon with incredible skill and DEADLY result" .I want what I promised, unless the announcer wanted to say "Disciple of Fartwaves on the field of instakicked, using a massive two handed noodle with hilarious skill and NO result"
    edited June 2013
    "You resist 25-50% of incoming damage based on how much Determination you had."

So is this ^^^^ not true anymore? Did they really remove the damage resist from Unstoppable? We are going to be dead in PvP before Unstoppable even ends now lol.
    edited June 2013
    pois0nman wrote: »
    "You resist 25-50% of incoming damage based on how much Determination you had."

So is this ^^^^ not true anymore? Did they really remove the damage resist from Unstoppable? We are going to be dead in PvP before Unstoppable even ends now lol.

That would be a shame, although popping unstoppable at 10% and then getting 50% of your max hp as temp hit points > 50% damage reduction. Using it at max hit points doesn't sound as promising, but I guess the main motive behind the change (if it is a change) is to make leveling less painful (or potion / cleric companion heavy).
    edited June 2013
    I'd much rather have the damage reduction, we are going to get smashed in PvE and PvP alike now.

Leveling wasn't that painful at all, didn't really have a issue.

The people having those problems (potion chugging & dying a lot in PvE questing / leveling) are the people not moving around in combat and getting clobbered, standing in the red spots, and getting surrounded and combat advantaged to death.

Those people are going to have it even worse now, they are going to die before Unstoppable even ends now, lol.

I'm interested to see how bad the forums get after these changes lol.
  • tarnisradtarnisrad Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Imagine Frontline Surge, which does more damage, has a ranged component, and has a longer duration when feated.

GWF is still a second class citizen.
    Daint's the name. Pizza's my game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Gotta say I'm enjoying the gwf changes so far. Ran FH a little bit ago and had 10 mil damage before the last boss, and we skipped the 2nd boss. Bummed out about the savage advance fix, though.
  • proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    Did some testing with Sure Strike using the Greatsword of the Avatar of War (875-875).

First strike of Sure Strike on live: 649 damage
    First strike of Sure Strike on test: 802 damage

Which means Sure Strike was buffed by about ~24%.
    edited June 2013
    pois0nman wrote: »
    I'd much rather have the damage reduction, we are going to get smashed in PvE and PvP alike now

I can understand PvE where you get constant healing, but PvP? Math does not add up.

Base hp -> Effective hp Before / After

100% -> 200% / 100% -> 150% [pretty much never happens in PvP]
    50% -> 100% / 50% -> 100%
    10% -> 60% / 10% -> 20%

That's assuming full duration benefit. By the time you can use unstoppable with full bar of determination in PvP you will be at best at 2/3 of hp bar. I'll wait and see and hopefully get on the test shard to test it out, till then I'll withhold judgement, but it doesn't really look like end of the world at all to me.
  • ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we get a little bit back on topic... My original post was more towards the idea that they're buffing sentinel and instigator at-wills, but not even touching destroyer at wills. I don't wanna be forced out of the destroyer tree (which i love playing), because they make it not viable..
    edited June 2013
    Destroyer did get buffed, and it's always been a tree more focused on encounter damage than at-will. You don't have to use or even spec into reaping strike, just use Wicked Strike with WMS and you're fine if AOE dps is what you want to do. You won't have the bonus that Instigator has, but then again Instigator can't have Student of the Sword, Deep Gash and Great Weapon Focus all at once - they have to pick 2 of 3, and they are all big at-will boosts.
  • ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    terhix wrote: »
    Destroyer did get buffed, and it's always been a tree more focused on encounter damage than at-will. You don't have to use or even spec into reaping strike, just use Wicked Strike with WMS and you're fine if AOE dps is what you want to do. You won't have the bonus that Instigator has, but then again Instigator can't have Student of the Sword, Deep Gash and Great Weapon Focus all at once - they have to pick 2 of 3, and they are all big at-will boosts.

Point is, reaping strike is the encounter ment to be used with destroyer (along WMS). If they're going to buff SS and WS, they should buff reaping strike as well, all they're doing is making reaping strike completely non-viable (as if most people didn't already absolutely hate the at-will already)
    edited June 2013
    ioannides5 wrote: »
    Point is, reaping strike is the encounter ment to be used with destroyer (along WMS). If they're going to buff SS and WS, they should buff reaping strike as well, all they're doing is making reaping strike completely non-viable (as if most people didn't already absolutely hate the at-will already)

Reaping Strike is an option for Destroyer, it's not mandatory by any means. WS and SS got buffed because they were lackluster, I read 0 posts about Reaping Strike doing not enough damage (I did read about it being useless due to hindering your movement, which is the reason why it's not going to be on my bars for a long time).
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any idea if the 'new' Unstoppable is better then the 'old' Unstoppable? Basically is the additional HPs better then the Damage Reduction?
    va8Ru.gif
  • mellinthmellinth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    j82xch.png

Everything is fine.

Edit: For clarification, this screenshot was taken on the preview shard just a few minutes ago. The screenshot you guys saw earlier and that caused all this confusion was from closed beta.
    edited June 2013
    mellinth wrote: »
    j82xch.png

Everything is fine.

Awesome, thanks for the update!
    edited June 2013
    mellinth wrote: »
    j82xch.png

Everything is fine.

Nice, Thanks.

Although I must say the "When Unstoppable ends you heal yourself for Up To 25% of your max hitpoints" thing someone posted a screenshot of on the last page did sound pretty sweet, haha.

Would have probably been OP if they added that on top of what that tooltip already says though. lol
  • maggotholemaggothole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    Maybe I wasn't clear:

best. account name. ever.