test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dear Perfect World and Community If you think Cleric will be walkin Solo not in Pair

Comments

• Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The whining on this Thread is beyond any imagination Jeez
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the right direction is to give us the tools to play in hardcore mode.

they took all the tools away, let's see what people will do when a boss land some 10k and the cleric can only heal for like 4k in crit of course, and then helpless with everything else in CD, do you think the boss will think this way "oh his skills are on Cd, i will wait to land another 10k" ...

The alternative of not having 2 DC, is impossible in my opinion

You certainly don't need two clerics to comfortably clear any of the current content so I can't see them making changes where it now becomes a necessity.

Two clerics are only needed to support groups of players with weak builds.
  • Options
    mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    The whining on this Thread is beyond any imagination Jeez

its why forum exist they want feedback got lot of it for them.
    Patch => balance the game => people happy // it make it worse => people not happy // they promiss something good => it's not => people rage (i am yes).

clortbags wrote: »
    You certainly don't need two clerics to comfortably clear any of the current content so I can't see them making changes where it now becomes a necessity.

Two clerics are only needed to support groups of players with weak builds.

i talk about after the patch, you definitly have never played DC, without the blue little circle on the ground in instance, people are dead, that simple, you want to tell me im wrong good, proove it someone can run an instance without having astral shield.
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have both a lvl 60 cleric and a lvl 60 guardian fighter. If this patch goes live as it is, it looks as though groups will be required to have a GF in them and that GF will be required to have Knights Valor and Into the Fray loaded and used on CD religiously. I nor anyone else can know for certain so I'm patching the test server as we speak to find out myself. My hope is that other people do the same. There have been quite a few people during this beta testing their classes and giving great information to the masses. I hope they continue. I truly hope that a synergy has been created between GF and cleric......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is a community moderator here ambisinisterr who has made some interesting posts in this thread:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?317821-Lack-of-Clerics/page6

Now I do not know if a community moderator is staff or are on some sort of private preview program giving devs opinions that purport to be part of the player base, but it looks like from their attitude that Astral Shield is deemed way overpowered in and of itself and that's pretty much it.

So yeah, from what I'm seeing if a person like that who supposedly represents a community interface has that sort of attitude, we can cry all we like and we'll get no where.

So things we can do:
    1) continue to campaign on the forums (and get dismissed as the noisy "minority").
    2) leave the game or at least DCs (people are doing that anyway for lots of sorts of reasons and given they expect to merge the shards they are obviously planning for that sort of attrition so I doubt it will be noticed).
    3) find some way to play this mess of a class that they've left us with.

I'm going to quietly try option 3. As I am already having problems playing the class anyway I doubt my ability to do so. Shame really. I've always really liked divines from day 1 in DDO and I do very much enjoy the active combat style. However I feel stymied by both the combination of the weak dps AND the weak healing abilities (in certain cases - ie getting knocked down so I can't seal or AS or kiting and not being able to cast fast enough).
    3)

Things change. Here is a challenge. By what metrics will they eventually decide that such at this ambisinisterr's opinion is not a balanced one, idk. I'm going to try it anyway. Not like I have a choice really. :/
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    its why forum exist they want feedback got lot of it for them.
    Patch => balance the game => people happy // it make it worse => people not happy // they promiss something good => it's not => people rage (i am yes).

1) From the first "=>" it's just a random ffa cluster****

2) Did you read patch notes? It's everything we have been ranting here for at least month back...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    I have both a lvl 60 cleric and a lvl 60 guardian fighter. If this patch goes live as it is, it looks as though groups will be required to have a GF in them and that GF will be required to have Knights Valor and Into the Fray loaded and used on CD religiously. I nor anyone else can know for certain so I'm patching the test server as we speak to find out myself. My hope is that other people do the same. There have been quite a few people during this beta testing their classes and giving great information to the masses. I hope they continue. I truly hope that a synergy has been created between GF and cleric......

could you give a link please i can't find it >.<

actually someone would tell me where is that option on the launcher for the preview shard?
  • Options
    kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    click ? dobbel tap is like instant cast noobie .. if you click it on ground then you so much under 5k gs rofl
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i talk about after the patch, you definitly have never played DC, without the blue little circle on the ground in instance, people are dead, that simple, you want to tell me im wrong good, proove it someone can run an instance without having astral shield.

I've never played Cleric you're right, but we only ever need one of them to clear any of the current content although bad players who stand in red circles or players with weak builds seem to need two clerics and I expect this to be exactly the same after the patch.

I'm not sure what spell astral shield is...

Is that the blue circle, the gold one or something else?

How would running a dungeon without our cleric using AS disprove your point? are they removing the astral shield spell altogether in this next patch?
  • Options
    kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    saixmoon2 wrote: »
    are u really played DC before?

Click Tab + AS skill + click on ground + click Tab again
    and yes, its just few seconds, but u need to this every 15 sec.

click ? dobbel tap is like instant cast noobie .. if you click it on ground then you so much under 5k gs rofl
  • Options
    akostisakostis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    I don't think the adjustment was to prevent two clerics from being in a group. I think the adjustments were to make it so two clerics in a group wasn't pushing the easy button.

Also, you seem to be looking at the changes to AS and clerics as though they exist in a bubble. There are many changes being made to all the classes, and other changes as well, so that has to be taken into account.

Finally, one major attempt at overall class balancing doesn't mean that it is the be all and end all of class balancing. There will no doubt be further balancing, and perhaps changes to this attempt at balancing before it hits the live server depending on the feedback they get from the test server.

Perhaps it would be best to hit the test server, see how it's panning out, and then return with your suggestions of how spells should be changed to accommodate the changes to AS (if they go through), or maybe even find the changes aren't so bad as you think, in combination with the all the other changes being made.

..................^ This ^....................
  • Options
    thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    i know min cleric can use 4 times divine power . and how come you run out of it using only 2 skills? maybe youre talking about diff game?

A right.. you want to use divine healing word (-1 pip), heal with soothing (-1 or more) and -1 for AS as it up again? GL rebuilding your divine power by 3 pips within 10seconds. Even with 5/5 Bountiful Fortune and both 5/5 feats of Righeous you won't do that (while the 2nd gets fixed to half divinity gain, 10% per encounter goes of CD instead of currently 20%).
    Having 4 pips is a waste anyway though. Only helps at the start of the fight, in the boss fight you mostly don't have 3-4 pips left (at least for those bosses that are somewhat of a challenge).
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • Options
    capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    good discussion guyz
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I've never played Cleric you're right, but we only ever need one of them to clear any of the current content although bad players who stand in red circles or players with weak builds seem to need two clerics and I expect this to be exactly the same after the patch.

How would running a dungeon without our cleric using AS disprove your point? are they removing the astral shield spell altogether in this next patch?

Blue circle is the upgraded version using divine mode, it heals. The gold circle is the regular skill, it doesnt not (actually it does if you have the talent from the paragon tree but its a ridiculous ammount)
    Right know you can have it up every 15s, after the patch, this CD will be considerably raised, and the heal will be far far less (actually if what they say is right, will be less, and slower regain).
    I'm so mad because AS right now is the major source of healing, it's for me the skill that make this class not garbage, and they nerf it so much, and this pbly just beacuse of pvp whiners like they did not think about the pve use of it.

kejser91 wrote: »
    Rofl yeah i'm **** and you are wrong i got barely 1000 gs sorry bro i did CN so many times how i did it i wonder
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Both are astral: blue is astral cast with divinity, gold is cast without. Blue is damage reduction + heals, gold is damage reduction only. You should never see the gold one, really.

With two clerics, you could stack them, getting 2x heals and a total of about 80% damage reduction. Even clerics thought this was hilariously broken.

Now, you can't stack them (which is ok), but you also can no longer maintain it indefinitely: it takes longer to cooldown than it lasts, which means you're either going to have to come up with ways of surviving without a combined damage reduction+healing AoE for fiive or six seconds (which in high-end dungeons could be...difficult), or take two clerics and have them chain astral shields. The latter is going to be much, much easier for the majority of players to adapt to (and of course, having two clerics means they can largely cancel out each other's inherent -40% to self-healing).
  • Options
    agnustheholyagnustheholy Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's actually one good thing about d&d 4th and this mmo seens to capture it nicely: there is now a role called leader, no healer anymore. Leader is a support role, not a "hold you up while you dont have to use any self-healing/potions" like in most mmos.
    I cant wait for the other leader classes to come, namely Bard and Warlord. They also got heals you know, but guess what their focus is not holding the tank togheter so he dosent need to self-heal.

All in all, I think it's really a matter of adapting to a leader class, not a healer class, that's what those balance changes look like to me. Do you realise there where fixes related to the support abilities that dont offer instant healing but supporting healing like the Second Sight feat? Second Sight: This power now correctly heals party members for 5% of the damage dealt per rank, up from 2%.

To me it seens those changes are in the right direction of actually making the healer role into a leader role, if there is too little resources to hold the party togheter, maybe they should implement the Second Wind self-healing mechanic from d&d 4th, that's what I think is missing.
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    healer is totally broken with this patch - face it.

Buff our other heals or most of us quit playing DC. Dont wanna play a healer whos not able to properly heal.

What a mess...
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013

ugh...
    Astral Shield is the blue circle clerics cast that gives you an awesome ghostly blue shining aspect with a +20% damage reduction (+31% if the cleric has foresight slotted) and a constant health regen. It lasts 15 seconds and has 14-15s CD (dependong on how much rec the cleric has). So basically you take 31% less damage permanently while constantly regerating hit points.
    You may have probably never noticed this, but it's what's keeping you alive through the whole dungeon, kay?

Now, what they did is: Reduce it's duration to 10 seconds, which means you will take 20% more damage for 5 seconds every 10 seconds (33% of the time) with no other form of consistent healing from the cleric except for a short range and duration AoE HoT centered on a mob (FF).
    They changed the constant regen to a HoT (Heal over time) You know that single target heal every cleric has? well that's a HoT, it ticks every second instead of 2 or 3 times per second so you basically get healed for less.
    With that new change now clerics get even less heals from their own AS because regen effects are not affected by righteousness (-40% heal for the cleric) but HoTs are so now AS heals 40% less on the cleric.

If you can't see that as a huge nerf well... O.o
    idk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    ugh...
    Astral Shield is the blue circle clerics cast that gives you an awesome ghostly blue shining aspect with a +20% damage reduction (+31% if the cleric has foresight slotted) and a constant health regen. It lasts 15 seconds and has 14-15s CD (dependong on how much rec the cleric has). So basically you take 31% less damage permanently while constantly regerating hit points.
    You may have probably never noticed this, but it's what's keeping you alive through the whole dungeon, kay?

Now, what they did is: Reduce it's duration to 10 seconds, which means you will take 20% more damage for 5 seconds every 10 seconds (33% of the time) with no other form of consistent healing from the cleric except for a short range and duration AoE HoT centered on a mob (FF).
    They changed the constant regen to a HoT (Heal over time) You know that single target heal every cleric has? well that's a HoT, it ticks every second instead of 2 or 3 times per second so you basically get healed for less.
    With that new change now clerics get even less heals from their own AS because regen effects are not affected by righteousness (-40% heal for the cleric) but HoTs are so now AS heals 40% less on the cleric.

idk.

ah you mentionned the single target heal, that's just useless in a group with mobs everywhere, good luck to target the right person >.<
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited June 2013
    There's a huge lack of clerics @ 60 and it looks like there will be even less! Way to kill the game in a single swoop?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ugh...

idk.

thanks for the info and I'm sure many weaker players will be crying into their cornflakes over this, personally our group's find the content way too easy as it is even with one cleric and will relish the new post balance challenge.
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    oxiaction wrote: »
    healer is totally broken with this patch - face it.

Buff our other heals or most of us quit playing DC. Dont wanna play a healer whos not able to properly heal.

What a mess...

It's mind boggling how there are people with such different attitude to the same issue. Go read the post above yours and rething your future contributions please.
  • Options
    bananskruebananskrue Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm gonna throw my two cents into the fray here.

I was initially positive to most of the cleric changes. I've so far felt healing was a little bit too easy in this game and more importantly, people demanding double cleric setups for some dungeons is just plain boring. I've done a ton of CN runs so far and everyone demands double cleric. I've seen several top-tier cleric weapons or off-hands drop from the dracolich only to lose the rolls every single time, while my rogue, cw, gf, and gfw friends have all gotten theirs due to running as the only one of their class. It's never felt fair. As a result, I am very happy with the AS double-stacking nerf.

As someone else pointed out, however, there are some problems with the duration-nerf of AS. First off:
    People will still opt for easy mode. I'm not saying that a lowered duration on AS is the end of all high-level raiding for a cleric, it will just make things more difficult, which is OK. The problem is that running double AS is now still a very viable option, to have a 100% AS uptime, which again will be easier than having just one cleric. Look at any other MMO, are there really any significant advantages to running two healers in a 5 man group? Very rarely. This happened once during the spawning points of the hardcore raids in the TBC expansion of world of warcraft, but was quickly changed because it is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> design.

The best group should always be the most balanced group, something which makes the game more fun for everyone. With a limited AS duration, I'm feeling fairly sure that running double cleric will still be much better than running just one. Surely, this cannot be intended.

My other gripe with this change is how cleric itemization will now change. So far on my cleric I've been balancing how much recovery, power, defense and crit rating I've been stacking. Since I was able to hold my most important skill up at all times, extra recovery was just a bonus to boost my divinity and AP gain, and was in no way mandatory. Seeing the patch notes it is evident that my best skill is still AS. What this means is that my goal will still be to have a 100% uptime on AS, which means that the ONLY viable stat for a cleric is now recovery. This is another example of a major design-flaw. When any class has a "go-to" stat that is better than anything else by far.

I felt like Cryptic thus far had made a good job keeping all stats relevant (at least for clerics), but now seem to go back from that. It feels to me like next patch will still be running double clerics for the hardest dungeons, except all clerics now need to itemize specifically for recovery. I can't imagine anything more dull than that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Quick question, does Divine Glow work correctly now casted with Divinity?
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks for the info and I'm sure many weaker players will be crying into their cornflakes over this, personally our group's find the content way too easy as it is even with one cleric and will relish the new post balance challenge.

you don't need to be weaker, you just need to be a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    you don't need to be weaker, you just need to be a cleric.

Could you just stop spreading your negative attitude along all threads please? You don't like those changes, we get it. You are probably bored to death, ok, we get it too.. Now, could you just shut up for a while? Thank you.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Using a power as it was designed is not an exploit. It is simply using the power the developers provided to you, to do exactly what they designed it to do. The developers for some reason just didn't anticipate their design leading to AS being more powerful then they want, hence their intended change of the power.

So now, according to your own logic you and rest of DCs out there will just have to take the power developers provided and use it as they designed it to be used. I picked a GWF at my very start since that class fit my playstyle and stuck with him regardless of how 'weak' he seemed in comparison. Just keep playing and see if you're still enjoying the new paradigm, no need to make a big deal out of the fact that a tank will actually be able to tank now if things indeed work as listed in the patch notes.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    beriielkisrin1beriielkisrin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm just going to throw this out there. I mean no disrespect to other gamers, but my cleric experience lies mainly in DDO. I'd like to get their opinion on the DC changes. From what I've gotten, healers in other games work differently, and I've seen a huge correlation between clerics in Neverwinter and DDO.
    If you've played a cleric in DDO, I'm not looking for the "heal-bot" perspective. (That's a specific build type for those who haven't played the game.) Thanks -BK
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013

yes i am definitely one of the weaker players. i've found the DC quite difficult as i've posted elsewhere. i'm currently in Skyhold with a level 41 rogue and am finding all the content extremely easy on this class. i am glad for you and yours that you will get this additional challenge - i do appreciate that there needs to be challenge in a game or there is no incentive to play. however i would ask for some compassion for people like myself who are struggling with DCs and these changes are going to make it even harder.

it's part of game design really. you have some really good players up the top for whom you can never design a game hard enough (so why bother - also are these the ones who put money in the game anyway?) and then a spectrum of abilities down to the super casual players who are never going to get through all the content anyway and are happy to just go at their own pace.

hopefully there are some metrics on these changes to measure what they do for the main body of the playerbase. too difficult and not fun enough people are going to drop off.

we'll see if people like myself can rise to the challenge. i know you won't personally care if i stop playing. but there must be a certain tipping point where it matters - probably only where it affects revenue i suspect it will be where they care.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    The AS stacking nerf is a good idea. The AS duration nerf is a bad one. Without viable alternatives, you're going to see more two-cleric groups rather than fewer.
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)