test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Perfect World and Community If you think Cleric will be walkin Solo not in Pair

Comments

• capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    that what im saying all the time
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    Could you just stop spreading your negative attitude along all threads please? You don't like those changes, we get it. You are probably bored to death, ok, we get it too.. Now, could you just shut up for a while? Thank you.

nope.
    forum police much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think it may be best to wait and see how this plays out. Between the aggro changes, the increased viability and desirability of Guardian Fighters and other tweaks, the AS duration may be less of an issue than it may seem in isolation.

Have you gotten a few people together and tested this a bit on the Public Test Shard? It's in testing so that people can try it out and then report back their findings.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    OP is mad cuz he cant permanent 4x AS anymore Haha
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As long as the GF can survive his aggro now I'm good with the changes. We'll see...
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a feeling the GF might just die in the AS downtime. better still bring 2 clerics! Woops
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    I have a feeling the GF might just die in the AS downtime. better still bring 2 clerics! Woops

Yeah, it's going to be pretty funny. There are a couple of pulls I can think of off the top of my head where most pug DCs explode in their AS. Post patch, it'll just be the GF exploding unless the group CC is solid.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • blackhawke90blackhawke90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only the bad clerics are complaining.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The thing is AS was always broken. Those 2xDC groups running with no tank were exploiting a bug with AS. Everyone knew this and knows this.

The good news is with a balanced group all content has been cleared so it has been proven that 2xDC is not required. Now I am not saying it wasn't an easy task. I am not saying that they have fixed the encounter balancing issues either.

However this is the first step in the right direction in restoring the holy trinity of tank/healer/dps... I am also not suggesting that more than any one of these roles shouldn't be required in some encounters and often is the case it is hence a 5 man group.
  • krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    damatsu wrote: »
    If anyone hasnt figured it out yet or lacks the brain cells to comprehend... THIS IS A P2W GAME. Of course they dont want Clerics to be good because they want players to buy full heal potions from the cash shop and revive scrolls. Which is farking expected because AGAIN ITS P2W. Never will this game have a legit healer that can keep players alive.

So true, gamers tend to forget that the game development company is in it to make money. Their core competency is collecting dollars not providing the perfect game environment to play in. It's so often overlooked that in order to keep servers up, pay salaries of developers, pay for marketing, pay for bandwidth game development companies need a revenue stream.

However, the MMO industry has typically embraced a concept of 'The Trifecta" : healer, tank, dps....right now there is no healer and tanks aren't even fully realized. That is the challenge here, to create a game environment that lends to solid fun game play that incorporates "the trifecta" and still provides a mechanism for the game development company to reap massive cashflows. Right now, IMO they aren't balancing that very well.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
    edited June 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    The thing is AS was always broken. Those 2xDC groups running with no tank were exploiting a bug with AS. Everyone knew this and knows this.

The good news is with a balanced group all content has been cleared so it has been proven that 2xDC is not required. Now I am not saying it wasn't an easy task. I am not saying that they have fixed the encounter balancing issues either.

However this is the first step in the right direction in restoring the holy trinity of tank/healer/dps... I am also not suggesting that more than any one of these roles shouldn't be required in some encounters and often is the case it is hence a 5 man group.

Removing stacking + reduced uptime = 1 step forward and then 1 step back.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only the bad clerics are complaining.

I've solo-healed dracolich. How about you? These changes are dumb.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    They shouldn't nerf AS duration just the two AS stacking.
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    It is now easier for GWF and GF to get and retain aggro.

So the squishies should not be getting hit as much.

Now you have the choice of two clerics for heal uptime, two wizards for control, or a tank and an off-tank to mitigate damage dealt.
  • sicktir3dsicktir3d Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you just need to shield for 66% of the time, then daily shield and heal for 33% of the time, hallowed ground spam is done. All will be fine.
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good post by the OP. Cryptic, you should try play testing in Castle Never Epic in a group of each class and with out Astral Shield ;-P
  • deberserkerdeberserker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Think the quote about DC being completely useless besides Astral Shield is total BS. You can't find one single dungeon or enter a PvP match where the whole team will find themself standing in your AS the whole time. Giving heals outside the circle is crucial and saves a lot of lives. A cleric is so much more than a Astral Shield.

However I haven't seen the source of the upcoming patch nerfing the uptime on Astral Shield. I know they were nerfing the stackable effect, but the uptime nerf is kinda sad.
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It is now easier for GWF and GF to get and retain aggro.

Tank GF dies in about 2-3 sec if he grabs agro in the middle of the CN fight without AS. Trash dmg is rly rly high.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    You know there's something wrong with the game's design when a whole class is defined by one single skill.
  • deberserkerdeberserker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    "Nerf the duration on AS to 66% uptime. Thats sending the message that they want us to run 2DC to maintain AS uptime. WTF?"

Where does it say they will nerf the duration? Find me the source, please. Don't believe this.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    "Nerf the duration on AS to 66% uptime. Thats sending the message that they want us to run 2DC to maintain AS uptime. WTF?"

Where does it say they will nerf the duration? Find me the source, please. Don't believe this.

- Astral Shield: This power no longer incorrectly increases in duration with higher ranks.

The 100% upkeep of AS is a BUG and a EXPLOIT, they are fixing it
  • nojil676nojil676 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yall are silly how is EVERY game's dungeons ran? 1 tank 1 healer 3 dps? Why dont you run what was always intended and see where you land, if you also didn't notice in the patch notes they also fixed to que system. Meaning now when you que you will get 1 DC 1 GF 1 and 3 dps classes. Now you must learn how to let a GF tank and you dungeon runs will become amazing
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nojil676 wrote: »
    Yall are silly how is EVERY game's dungeons ran? 1 tank 1 healer 3 dps? Why dont you run what was always intended and see where you land, if you also didn't notice in the patch notes they also fixed to que system. Meaning now when you que you will get 1 DC 1 GF 1 and 3 dps classes. Now you must learn how to let a GF tank and you dungeon runs will become amazing

I do not see where it says they fixed that part of the queue system. Quote?
  • neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I find it absolutely hilarious that people are still complaining after see'ing the monster list of changes coming with the content patch. They have touched on every single thing everyone has been complaining about and you people still have issues. The fact that AS wont be 100% uptime just means you will have to move some during boss fights(OMG MOVE?!?!). They are also fixing agro issues with all classes including REDUCING the agro clerics recieve and INCREASING GF and GWF agro. Stop jumping to conclusions and go play on the test server once it comes up before you get your panties in a bunch over changes that the community has been asking about this whole time. Fricken mmo players today, Devs are damned if they do and damned if they dont.
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    Tank GF dies in about 2-3 sec if he grabs agro in the middle of the CN fight without AS. Trash dmg is rly rly high.

My favorite trash is still kobolds that hit for 2.5k and spawn in packs of 4+.
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »

Then the cleric will either have to grab more Recovery, or the cleric/CW will have to sync their skills so that Black Hole comes up when AS runs out.
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They need to reduce righteousness to 20% or take it off completely if this patch break some heals. Also, they really need to make sunburst heal 60% higher and make healing word a group heal. Please don't kill DC. Also, if astral shield is not infinite cast, you just killed DC, good job.
    edited June 2013
    Then the cleric will either have to grab more Recovery, or the cleric/CW will have to sync their skills so that Black Hole comes up when AS runs out.

It's pretty ******* hard to get enough recovery to compensate for 66% uptime. It might even cap out before you can hit that.
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Umm.. lemee try to put it this way.... if in the middle of the fight there is no AS for 4-5 sec = everyone dies instantly.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    neyph69 wrote: »
    I find it absolutely hilarious that people are still complaining after see'ing the monster list of changes coming with the content patch. They have touched on every single thing everyone has been complaining about and you people still have issues. The fact that AS wont be 100% uptime just means you will have to move some during boss fights(OMG MOVE?!?!). They are also fixing agro issues with all classes including REDUCING the agro clerics recieve and INCREASING GF and GWF agro. Stop jumping to conclusions and go play on the test server once it comes up before you get your panties in a bunch over changes that the community has been asking about this whole time. Fricken mmo players today, Devs are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

It doesn't matter if the GF took all the aggro in the world, yes the class has a shield, but you don't seem to understand GF without guard meter is still fairly squishy, and guess what? Cleric has no competent way of healing someone from low health to full. Astral Shield is commonly used even if it couldn't stack simply because it reduced damage and healed which is better than the useless small regenerations or the very tiny heals with pretty long cool downs for the amount it heals. If they wanted to nerf Astral Shield they needed to shift the power into other heals in order for the cleric to be able to do its job effectively and potions to be used if they take big hits in between cleric's cool downs.
    My Cleric is full cd reduction, isn't going to make up for it.