What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    hocuspocushocuspocus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to ask but, how do i make a new threa d?
  • Options
    steinorsteinor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will there be a wipe after open beta?
  • Options
    merliahxxxmerliahxxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i downloaded neverwinter but when its installing it hangs after a few percent. Can you help me because i would really like to play it!!! :)
  • Options
    m0nt3s3m0nt3s3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Translate Neverwinter in ITALIAN!
  • Options
    leargildleargild Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Price of upgrade
    SECTION II - FOUNDER'S PACKS AND BETA INFORMATION

Is there a Beta for Neverwinter?

Yes, Open Beta starts April 30! More details can be found in the Official Neverwinter FAQ.

I just want to get in! How do I VIP headstart access?

You can! VIP headstart access is guaranteed if you pick up a Hero of the North or Guardian Founder's Pack. Grab one today and you'll be able to play Neverwinter with other Founders before Open Beta begins!

Which Founder's Packs receive VIP early access?

The Hero of the North and Guardian of Neverwinter Packs are both Founder's packs and guarantee VIP early access. The Hero of the North Pack guarantees five day early access, while the Guardian of Neverwinter pack guarantees three day early access.

How do I claim my Founder's Pack items in-game?
    After you complete the tutorial, you can claim your Founder's Pack items from the in-game mail.

How do I pick up my Starter Kit?

First, you must complete the tutorial, and then you must speak to the Founder
  • Options
    kingsemiazaskingsemiazas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there going to be a wipe??
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    merliahxxx wrote: »
    i downloaded neverwinter but when its installing it hangs after a few percent. Can you help me because i would really like to play it!!! :)

Has this been resolved?

Is there going to be another wipe?
    There are no plans for any future wipes.
  • Options
    ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do have a question....I have two characters and they are in different servers.....both very different people in it let me tell you.....one of my characters is in mindflayer and the other one in Dragon. I tried sending some items to another one of my character from the other server through the mail but it did not work...why is tha? it is my account but the only difference is the servers, but I think that should not be an issue....if that is the case is it possible for both my characters to be in one server since I did not think it would be an issue...

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    aphoticzoneaphoticzone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I have to give you guys kudos for patience... most of the questions I see here are already answered in the faq. Perhaps you should rename this thread, "Post your questions here that you couldn't be bothered to read in the faq (because you're a very very busy person)"...And that's why I could never be a moderator.
  • Options
    m0nt3s3m0nt3s3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you translate Neverwinter in Italian?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    ragnarog3 wrote: »
    *snip*

Post that in the Bug Report Forums :)

m0nt3s3 wrote: »
    When you translate Neverwinter in Italian?
    There are no plans for future translations at this time as far as I have been informed.
    When/if this changes there will be a news post. It won't be answered here unless the information is already readily available in a news article of some sort.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, I have to give you guys kudos for patience... most of the questions I see here are already answered in the faq. Perhaps you should rename this thread, "Post your questions here that you couldn't be bothered to read in the faq (because you're a very very busy person)"...And that's why I could never be a moderator.

Every once in a while I'll have a slip and say something but for the most part, yeah. *sighs and smiles*

That's the way the world works. Perhaps if more people were informed of how Ctrl + F works so they at least have a fighting chance of looking through the FAQ. ;)
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    I've heard some bigger patch is comming. It should be fixing some agro issues as well as providing some GF updates and solving few performance issues. Was that just a rumor? I can't find anything about it here. Thank you. :-)

edit: ok, you don't have to point me to "State of the game" article anymore, I get it.. :D
  • Options
    brindharbrindhar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where can I do professions online? and not ingame
  • Options
    radfishyradfishy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know these were brought up in the FAQ but I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Will there be a character wipe before Official Launch?
    There are no plans to wipe characters again.

Does this mean characters will not reset during the beta but will reset on Launch day or characters will not reset at all? If characters do reset on official launch, and I buy a founder's pack now, do I get the items now in beta and again after launch?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    brindhar wrote: »
    Where can I do professions online? and not ingame

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

radfishy wrote: »
    I know these were brought up in the FAQ but I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Will there be a character wipe before Official Launch?
    There are no plans to wipe characters again.

Does this mean characters will not reset during the beta but will reset on Launch day or characters will not reset at all? If characters do reset on official launch, and I buy a founder's pack now, do I get the items now in beta and again after launch?

There are no plans to do another wipe.
  • Options
    fantom0macanfantom0macan Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry if im in wrong place but i didnt finde any problem like this.
    I have to ask for help

Im roug 35 lvl and i cant invite to parrty great wepen fighter 35 lvl it just saying error invitation not sent, but if he calls me to parrty it sayes to him `your too low level`.

So we are same levels 35-35 and we cant play togeter. its just keep saying error error....

PLEAS HELP
    some rise by sin and some by virtue fall
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Are you on the same Shard?
    Are either of you in a dungeon/Skrimish/PvP Event?
    Also make sure you allow party invitations. There is an option to disable accepting invites in the Social tab.

If this doesn't help post that in the Bug Reports Section and a staff member will look into fixing any bug which could have caused the system to prevent you from joining parties.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wat is Shard ?

OK, We are in the same map position, i cant see him and he cant see me, preferanc is set to open parrty invitations on boath computers, his great wapen fighter lvl 35 im roug 35 lvl, when i try to send invitation to him it says `invitation send error` when hi trys to send it sayes `yor too low level to join parrty` . It s strange that we cant iven see our characters on map. When i clik on him in friends list i have onely options ignor,remove frindes others are not accesibly....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    A shard is what we call the three single server systems we have temporarily. They are named Mindflayer, Dragon and Beholder. You have to be on the same shard in order to play together.

There are also multiple instances of each open world zone. For instance there are typically 15-30 instances of Protectors Enclave at any given time.

You must ensure that you are both instance in order to see each other in game. The instance can be changed by clicking the blue icon on the top right hand side of the minimap.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    His on Mindflayer and im on Beholder, can we change this or do i have to play again ? :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The shards are only temporary to support the launch load. Because of this there's no way to swap characters between shards since there would be no need for it after a short period of time.

You will either have to create a new character and start from level one or you will have to wait until the shards are merged.
    Sorry. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok. Thanks for help very much.
  • Options
    kayciancekayciance Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do we know how much longer until the Shards are merged? I'm experiencing the same problem with my friend.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There is no information on the shards being merged other than the fact they will be. :(
  • Options
    abcentmindedabcentminded Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So as to the classes that might be released in the future do you think they might bring in the Bard druid or alchemist perhaps?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Guess away :)
  • Options
    ishstyishsty Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello. Thx for looking at this i did not see on here weather or not the drow race(name is to long to remember how to spell :P) will be available for none founders at some point? i really like dark elf's over all else but do not have the 200 dollars to spend on a game. thx again for looking at this.

also if they are not going to be a free feature, i can understand that, but at least make just the race
    a thing you can buy with zen then. ill pay 15 bucks for just the race if that's something you all need for the money end of this.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Taken directly from the FAQ:
    What are the specifics surrounding the exclusivity of the Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow that comes with the Hero of the North Founder's Pack?

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.

In case you didn't know you can use ctrl + f to bring up a search function on most windows programs.

If you don't want to scroll through the FAQ to look for one question I completely understand but that should help you find a specific topic in the future. :D
    (That's how I found the specific line, I just searched "drow")
  • Options
    crisgercrisger Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope there will be a comprehensive manual for this game, it took quite a while to figure out the basic procedures. Also a walk key is an essential addition, there are several work arounds but novices to MMORPGs will not know about them or where to ask for help.

But overall i am very impressed and pleased with this title. Nice work.
    Admin
    3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    "We Build Worlds"
    The Adventure is Just Beginning!
This discussion has been closed.