What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    uncagumgumuncagumgum Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hi i bought 540 Zen on Perfect World and everytime i attempt to transfer to Neverwinter...it keeps telling me there was an error please try again...ive tried countless times with no luck...any reason for this and any help u can offer or advice?
  • Options
    uncagumgumuncagumgum Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hi i keep getting a error msg everytime i try to transfer my Zen from perfect world to neverwinter...any reason why ?
  • Options
    thecozof91thecozof91 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I apologize if this was answered already, but I can't seen to find any satisfactory answers as to how experience points work. Does being in a party or having a companion affect your XP at all? Are there any consequences if there is a level gap between you and someone else in your party? And if you could provide any additional information on top of these questions I would greatly appreciate it :)
  • Options
    amblramblr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have registered and have a password but each time i try to log into neverwinter it says password invalid
    can not understand the problem .. used my email account and the password i got from registering on site but is no good
    game is downloaded but i cant play what to do??
  • Options
    kanisamekanisame Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello...

Read a lot of sections but haven't found any information (if I missed them, then I'm sorry for my laziness) about after release price.

My Question is....will Neverwinter be F2P even after official release (with "ZEN Shop" for those players that are willing to pay) or will I download Beta today and then realize it was waste of time, because I won't be able to buy it later? (Or not able but won't be willing to pay for it's content)

Thank you for your answer and hope I really didn't miss it

P.S.: If you can, please reply on my personal e-mail (RespectedTunic@seznam.cz) - or here on post for everyone who may had this question earlier (or in future).
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kanisame wrote: »
    Hello...

Read a lot of sections but haven't found any information (if I missed them, then I'm sorry for my laziness) about after release price.

My Question is....will Neverwinter be F2P even after official release (with "ZEN Shop" for those players that are willing to pay) or will I download Beta today and then realize it was waste of time, because I won't be able to buy it later? (Or not able but won't be willing to pay for it's content)

Thank you for your answer and hope I really didn't miss it

P.S.: If you can, please reply on my personal e-mail (RespectedTunic@seznam.cz) - or here on post for everyone who may had this question earlier (or in future).

Neverwinter will still be Free to download and play after the official launch.
  • Options
    riikkachanriikkachan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The characters that I have in the Open Beta will be deleted when the game goes live?
  • Options
    pocketcopperspocketcoppers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlgrym is closed to non-Guilded players, according to advertising I just reviewed. Would I had known independence is being discouraged in our play and guild dependency encouraged before I purchased Zen or helped Found the title. I will think on this.
    Lo, the mighty Oak: Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    crisger wrote: »
    I hope there will be a comprehensive manual for this game

Contributions to the Official Wiki would be extremely helpful! :D

uncagumgum wrote: »
    hi i bought 540 Zen on Perfect World and everytime i attempt to transfer to Neverwinter...it keeps telling me there was an error please try again...ive tried countless times with no luck...any reason for this and any help u can offer or advice?

This it out of my realm of expertise. Try the Bug Report Forums or Tech Help Forums. :)

thecozof91 wrote: »
    I apologize if this was answered already, but I can't seen to find any satisfactory answers as to how experience points work. Does being in a party or having a companion affect your XP at all?

I don't have the answer to that. I never paid attention but perhaps the answer is in the Official Wiki or if you do a bit of research you could add it there yourself!

amblr wrote: »
    i have registered and have a password but each time i try to log into neverwinter it says password invalid
    can not understand the problem .. used my email account and the password i got from registering on site but is no good
    game is downloaded but i cant play what to do??

Try logging in using your e-mail address. More than likely you are trying to log in with your display name instead of your username and logging in with your e-mail address could avoid any possible confusion between the two. :)

kanisame wrote: »

Neverwinter is a Free to Play Game. That will not be changing with the official launch.

riikkachan wrote: »
    The characters that I have in the Open Beta will be deleted when the game goes live?

The answer is in the FAQ:
    Will there be a character wipe the game officially launches?

There are no plans to wipe characters again.
  • Options
    superwacksaucesuperwacksauce Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, my game keeps trying to patch upon EXIT--Major patching, like a gig+, I have yet to let it finish--what is up with that?
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, my game keeps trying to patch upon EXIT--Major patching, like a gig+, I have yet to let it finish--what is up with that?

Those are updates to the game.
  • Options
    locarlocar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When I press the play button I go to a Cryptic loading page. After it loads it goes to a blank/black page and just sits there and nothing happens. I when to the FAQ page and one of the things it said was that I need to re-configure the firewall so that the out bound ports be IP: 208.95.184.0/22 and the ports: TCP/7000-7500. I do not know how to do that could you please walk me through. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Options
    ranlinerranliner Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GREAT! I founded my questions in my mind in here lol. ty :D
  • Options
    coastixcoastix Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can someone write a list of abbreviations and what they stand for? I'm new and this will help me and others :D
    i often find myself reading the chat completely baffled with all the abbreviations :p
    eg. AH - auction house?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    neverwinter game not loading
    When I press the play button I go to a Cryptic loading page. After it loads it goes to a blank/black page and just sits there and nothing happens. I when to the FAQ page and one of the things it said was that I need to re-configure the firewall so that the out bound ports be IP: 208.95.184.0/22 and the ports: TCP/7000-7500. I do not know how to do that could you please walk me through. Thanks for any help you can provide.

It might not be that complicated. You might simply have to change the permissions in your firewall to simply permit all communications for Neverwinter. Just open up your firewall and check the permission settings.

coastix wrote: »
    can someone write a list of abbreviations and what they stand for? I'm new and this will help me and others :D
    i often find myself reading the chat completely baffled with all the abbreviations :p
    eg. AH - auction house?

That's really not something which belongs in this thread. You're better off making a new thread with the intention of making your own list. Be sure to put it in the Official Wiki too. :D
  • Options
    flamingashesflamingashes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a question on paragon paths since this is beta and you chose lets say the master infiltrator for rogue once beta is finished does your paths reset or stay the same?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Current Characters will not be effected by the official release.
  • Options
    paloranpaloran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    didn't know where to ask so i will post here.....someone please tell me there is a hide helmet option? one of my biggest pet peeves in a game don't know why. any help?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Right click the helmet slot and select "Hide Visuals." :)
  • Options
    glyph69glyph69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Will the "Coming Soon" Class be added before release or is it slated for "later"?

Also I had a suggestion concerning the Character Creation Screen for Races. It lists Elves race choice as Wood Elves when you select them when the two sets of racial traits offered is for Wood Elf and Eladrin (High Elf), so why not just make the elves the race choice and have the racial traits choosen decide which type they are.
  • Options
    nefschynefschy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i keep crashing on login. firewall and everthing is taken care of..
  • Options
    flamingashesflamingashes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Current Characters will not be effected by the official release.

Thx i was wondering should i but now i know thanks so much
    :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    glyph69 wrote: »
    Will the "Coming Soon" Class be added before release or is it slated for "later"?

Also I had a suggestion concerning the Character Creation Screen for Races. It lists Elves race choice as Wood Elves when you select them when the two sets of racial traits offered is for Wood Elf and Eladrin (High Elf), so why not just make the elves the race choice and have the racial traits choosen decide which type they are.

That's a question you're going to have to wait to get answered. ;)
    The ability options given to Wood Elves have nothing to do with Eladrin. Eladrin get different ability choices than Wood Elves as stated in PHB2 I believe.

nefschy wrote: »
    i keep crashing on login. firewall and everthing is taken care of..

Try the tech support forums.
  • Options
    vexalonvexalon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello. I would like to know if it is possible to copy Neverwinter from 1 computer A to Computer B without completely reinstalling the game on Computer B? And if so, how can i do that?

My sister wants to play the game too, so i was hoping to avoid downloading the entire game again to save time because i have a slow connection.
  • Options
    arcusetheriosarcusetherios Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will this game ONLY take place in the Castle and the Dungeons, or are there plans to add more locale such as forests and small villages for an open world experience?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vexalon wrote: »
    Hello. I would like to know if it is possible to copy Neverwinter from 1 computer A to Computer B without completely reinstalling the game on Computer B? And if so, how can i do that?

My sister wants to play the game too, so i was hoping to avoid downloading the entire game again to save time because i have a slow connection.

If you can understand this go for it. It's a bit complicated if you don't know your way around computers.

If not the much safer and easier way would be to simply download the game again despite the connection speed.

Will this game ONLY take place in the Castle and the Dungeons, or are there plans to add more locale such as forests and small villages for an open world experience?

There's no information on future content except for the Module 1 Teaser and of course the new gameplay balancing patch which you can check out on the Preview Shard.
  • Options
    iramooiramoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can someone tell me if that on release we will be able to respec our powers as well as our feats ???
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't believe that has been officially confirmed yet.

It's certainly a possibility which will be confirmed at a future date but as far as I know there's still no promise of respecs. Keep your eyes on the News Feed. :)
  • Options
    bioxragebioxrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't believe that has been officially confirmed yet.

It's certainly a possibility which will be confirmed at a future date but as far as I know there's still no promise of respecs. Keep your eyes on the News Feed. :)

Hello Abisinisterr,

I was curious to if you could quickly explain to me a bit of the "Hero of the North Package." I just purchased it yesterday to support further development.
    • Are all the enchantments asides from the GreyCloak re-usable?
    • Is it possible to get more potions/XP Scrolls, etc. from the vendor? Or are they a "one-time" use ordeal?

Thank you.
  • Options
    benjibewb13benjibewb13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello there,
    When I see the gameplay of other people it has good graphics and clear images, but when I play it very pixelated and the graphics aren't that good. Is it just me? Is there a way i can fix this? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.