test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Well you're preaching to the choir here.

I'm not sure how much the developers read this thread. The FAQ is often updated by the Community Managers but suggestions in this thread are likely going to fall on deaf ears.

However you can manually enter any dungeon with 5 or less people by going to the doorway. The queue is removed because players have actually outleveled the dungeon so putting some of the players in, especially with players of the correct level, would be...bad...to say the least.
    For instance I am level 60 and I can solo The Cloak Tower.

Don't worry though, once you get to level 60 all of the dungeons gain a new "Epic" queue with new scaling and new rewards.

If you have any more suggestions don't hesitate to make your own thread. :)
  • Options
    zansetsunazansetsuna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want to play but it keeps asking me a first time code which I never received...what is going on? please help!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    The code is sent to your PWE Registered E-Mail Address. Look for a message from "Account Guard."

It is a one time code per device security measure to prove that you are indeed the account owner. :)
  • Options
    donblais84donblais84 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Amb. It's just annoying how QUICKLY you can out-level a dungeon.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No arguments from me on that one. :p
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I got an 'account guard' message when I logged in through another computer. Took me a bit to find out where it was sent, but afterward all was smooth sailing.

on my older question:

I did a search for our guild and came up dry on that computer, but finally tried searching with a couple of the key tags I remember applying and it came up suddenly. It should have been on the general list I would think. Still nothing on the bug report. :confused:
  • Options
    niriyaniriya Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Great FAQ! I really enjoyed the in depth knowledge about Neverwinter. Its a great game so far, and I'm glad to know more now! Thanks a bunch iamtruthseeker.
  • Options
    whyismyplantdyinwhyismyplantdyin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Today I played for an hour or so (50 minutes of that was spent getting my character the right nose, that's the important stuff!) and things don't make any sense. I'm not an expert on 4ed DnD (I know most up until that point, although a bit rusty on the THAC0 era).

Why can't I customize stats? I rerolled a couple times but quickly figured out that there were a bunch of pre-generated stat lists for each class, so making a 8 STR/8 CON/8 DEX/20 INT/16 WIS/20 CHA Cleric didn't seem like a possibility.
    I'm also gaining "powers" (must be a 4th ed thing, I guess the spell book is out now?) without being able to customize. I'm not sure if this is all as it is supposed to be, or if I should've clicked something at character creation to avoid the dreaded "recommend" feature?

Skills are also out the door, even feats seem to be replaced with a few simplified generic passive buffs. Spell book is reduced to a couple of powers.

And why does my level 4 11 Con cleric have 300 hp? 11 + 8 * 4 = 76 HP (Atleast that's how I think 4ed works...).

Soooo....no stat, skill, feat, power customization...
    This seems to be like Dekaron and World of Warcraft. Endgame filled with carbon copies of each other, where the only difference between characters is how much they grinded for gear. I mean, even perfect world had a ton of different options for each character (The grind made me quit though...just after I got all the rare eggs aswell, leopard, puppy, bear and a flying fox or something...ouch). I thought DDO got it wrong, but this seems to be totally out there and it is mindless button mashing with NWN/DND attached for unknown reasons (I guess so the beginning could start with a Dracolich attacking the city of Neverwinter?). I guess Morag and the King of Shadows did set the expectations for total destructiveness rather high and just a bunch of zombies would've been free EXP for the Neverwinter knitting club.

On a positive note, my archaic stone age machine seems to run this perfectly at 1024x768. 1920x1280 is unplayable though, but hey what can I expect when I'm not even using a video card since I fried 3 of them 4 years ago. And the time feature, awesome. Why doesn't every game have a clock? Everyone knows big wooden machines that go "Tick Tock" are totally out of vogue.
  • Options
    wingpwnywingpwny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alright... I don't know if this is a frequently asked question, but does Neverwinter make use of
    nProtect Gameguard? I started to download RaiderZ one time, but canceled when I got to the nProtect window cause I wasn't sure about it... turned out it was a good thing. I'd like to play Neverwinter, but the last thing I want in my machine is a constantly-running, keylogging rootkit that slows down my computer.

I'm sure the game uses some sort of anti-cheating software - could someone enlighten me as to what it is? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wingpwny wrote: »
    Alright... I don't know if this is a frequently asked question, but does Neverwinter make use of
    nProtect Gameguard? I started to download RaiderZ one time, but canceled when I got to the nProtect window cause I wasn't sure about it... turned out it was a good thing. I'd like to play Neverwinter, but the last thing I want in my machine is a constantly-running, keylogging rootkit that slows down my computer.

I'm sure the game uses some sort of anti-cheating software - could someone enlighten me as to what it is? Thanks.

Neverwinter uses Account Guard which simply registers your computer/device with Account Guard via e-mail no differently than any large company bank does.

No additional software to download. It's purely a one time e-mail authentication service.
  • Options
    sadrelapsesadrelapse Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the in-depth FAQ! The game is downloading right now and I can't wait to start playing.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wingpwny wrote: »

To add to the reply already given, as a fellow player I can assure that I have played many Cryptic/PW games, with my most favorite being STO and Neverwinter. I use anti-keylogger programs and good AV software and never had anything come up suspicious or wrong with Cryptic games. I also have outstanding performance not just on my gaming machines but even on my laptops and netbook as well when I go mobile with my gaming at work (ssssh. Don't tell my boss! Even though she games with me also. ~chuckles~)
    sadrelapse wrote: »
    Thanks for the in-depth FAQ! The game is downloading right now and I can't wait to start playing.

Awesome. Welcome to Neverwinter :)
  • Options
    talkmoretalkmore Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When i try to log in i get message:

Unable to authenticate:

Anyone got some help?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    talkmore wrote: »

Unable to authenticate:

Anyone got some help?

I don't have a lot of details but it was a server side issue.

Basically the Log-in server was offline so it couldn't "authenticate" your account details. All in all there's nothing you can do on your end and they are looking into the causes and solutions on theirs. :(
  • Options
    mardeab83mardeab83 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    talkmore wrote: »

Unable to authenticate:

Anyone got some help?

Authentication sever ran out of elf juice, don't worry they fixed it.
    plus this wont happen again due to a lack of elf, as the Devs are giving us moor elf.
  • Options
    tuhnixtuhnix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I already asked in a different topic and got no answer (skipped through a lot of diferent topics as well) so I will ask again in here:
    is there a way to accept quests as a party?(so that only one person has to talk to the questgiver)
  • Options
    machiavelli20machiavelli20 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have some question, please answer me :)

1. How can i reset my Trees achievements(?), This window behind Powers(?)
    2. How can i reset character attributes?
    3. Can i get more slots for my power spells?
    4. How can i send my money from character 1 to character 2? :)
    Im new to games like this :p

Thx,
  • Options
    andrenaaandrenaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi!
    I also have a question.
    I am trying to send a mail to my guild, but it says my level is not high enough.
    What is the minimum required level to send mail to your guild?

Thanks in advance. :)
    empress4_zps24e64830.png
  • Options
    hust91hust91 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    SECTION VII - SUPPORT

How do I get in touch with Customer Support?

We take customer support at Perfect World very seriously, and have a dedicated team of experts that is always happy to help. You can always get in touch with our support team via the Perfect World Support Home Page.

I'm getting a Redirect Error on the support page. What can I do?

This is a known issue that is affecting some of our users. We are working very hard to fix it, though unfortunately it is proving to be a bit tricky. Fortunately, we have some alternate contact methods that you can use if this issue affects you:

-You can get in touch with us on the Perfect World Tech Support Forum
    -You can send our customer service team an email at customerservice@perfectworld.com
    Is it just me, or does this seem... REALLY dishonest?
  • Options
    radiante6radiante6 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi there, trying to know if the Pack i buy affect existent characters, or just new ones?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tuhnix wrote: »
    I already asked in a different topic and got no answer (skipped through a lot of diferent topics as well) so I will ask again in here:
    is there a way to accept quests as a party?(so that only one person has to talk to the questgiver)

No there is not. Quests are per individual but you may choose to share quests with your party members through the party interface.

I have some question, please answer me

1. How can i reset my Trees achievements(?), This window behind Powers(?)
    2. How can i reset character attributes?
    3. Can i get more slots for my power spells?
    4. How can i send my money from character 1 to character 2?
    Im new to games like this

Thx,

1. You mean feats? Purchase a Feats Respec or use a complete Respec Token.
    2. Use a Respec Token (used via the Powers Respec)
    3. You can't. 2 At-Wills, 3 Encounters and 2 dailies is the limit except for Control Wizards which may also place a power in Tab Slot which then becomes an "Empowered Spell."
    4. There is no way to transfer character wealth at this time.

andrenaa wrote: »
    Hi!
    I also have a question.
    I am trying to send a mail to my guild, but it says my level is not high enough.
    What is the minimum required level to send mail to your guild?

Thanks in advance. :)

I am unaware of any mailing limitations. Best to ask other guilds or check in the Official Wiki. :)

hust91 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does this seem... REALLY dishonest?

I don't see why? The bug is random and effects a very small minority of players. They haven't given up on tracking it down but it's been a major sore spot for some time now.
    If you happen to get effected by it send an e-mail to customerservice@perfectworld.com and they'll respond just the same!
    radiante6 wrote: »
    Hi there, trying to know if the Pack i buy affect existent characters, or just new ones?

The items are retroactive. Just be aware that certain items that are listed as "once per account" should likely not be claimed by a character you wouldn't have a use for such as, but not limited to, experience boosts.
  • Options
    pherdypherdy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not really a question but I dont know where to put this.

I need to nudge the devs in getting a move along on combining shards. Beta was great and it was nice to actually keep your char into launch. But now I am finding friends all over the place from guilds from other games and we all want to get together. We have spent zen on our toons so nobody wants to start over just to be on the same shard.

If it is going to be some time could you at least make an option for a paid transfer? I want to get with my peeps lol.
  • Options
    xxmitosxxxxmitosxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi I redeemed many gift pack key codes for Neverwinter but I haven't received a single item in-game,I already checked mailbox.
  • Options
    xxmitosxxxxmitosxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nevermind,I had to finish a quest to get items
    xxmitosxx wrote: »
    Hi I redeemed many gift pack key codes for Neverwinter but I haven't received a single item in-game,I already checked mailbox.
  • Options
    rhzownrhzown Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what is One-Time Code?? i dont receive anything of that on my email..

Plz anyone could answer?

cumpz
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    pherdy wrote: »
    Not really a question but I dont know where to put this.

I need to nudge the devs in getting a move along on combining shards. Beta was great and it was nice to actually keep your char into launch. But now I am finding friends all over the place from guilds from other games and we all want to get together. We have spent zen on our toons so nobody wants to start over just to be on the same shard.

If it is going to be some time could you at least make an option for a paid transfer? I want to get with my peeps lol.

I'm afraid I can't say anything other than the shards will be merged when the networking staff deems them ready to be merged. :(
    rhzown wrote: »
    what is One-Time Code?? i dont receive anything of that on my email..

Plz anyone could answer?

cumpz

That would be a one time code from Cryptic Account Guard.
    Check your PWE Registered e-mail for any e-mails from "Account Guard." Make sure they didn't go to your Spam Bin.
  • Options
    killparis1killparis1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it has almost been a week now and i still get a message about a "waiting period" before i can post new threads... how long must i wait because i have an issue i need help with that is preventing me from getting on the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Roughly one week. If it's still not resolved then send a support ticket and Customer Support will manually adjust your account permissions.
  • Options
    rrwaldenrrwalden Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How long can unsold items sit in the mail before being deleted?
  • Options
    themadbeermugthemadbeermug Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    4. There is no way to transfer character wealth at this time.

Sorry, haven't checked the forums since I started playing, I'm sure this has been answered before, but... Does this also apply to items? (Like when my Control Wizard finds something that my Great Weapon Fighter could use)
This discussion has been closed.