test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)

SECTION I
ABOUT NEVERWINTER

SECTION II
NEVERWINTER PACK INFORMATION

SECTION III
PRICING AND ECONOMY

SECTION IV
THE FOUNDRY

SECTION V
DESIGN, MECHANICS, AND GAMEPLAY

SECTION VI
SHARDS

SECTION VII
SUPPORT

SECTION VIII
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

NEW! - SECTION IX - FURY OF THE FEYWILD PACKS

SECTION I - ABOUT NEVERWINTER

Welcome to the full-length, extended FAQ! This is a collaborative effort between the community moderators, and the official teams at Perfect World/Cryptic Studios.

Please keep in mind that Neverwinter is still is beta and that information below could be subject to change.

If your question isn't answered here, feel free to post a reply on this thread. If we can answer it, we'll do our best to update the FAQ with the answer to your question. :)

Is Neverwinter Out yet?

Yes indeed! Neverwinter released on June 20, 2013.

I heard that I can experience all the content in Neverwinter without ever paying a dime - how is that possible?

When we say free to play, we mean it! We're going to great lengths to ensure that the game is not, as they say, "Pay to Win."

For more detailed info, check out the Pricing and Economy section of the FAQ.

I downloaded Neverwinter, but I am getting an "Account Error" message whenever I log in.

You may receive this error message during the time the servers are not available. But otherwise the game is available for everyone to play!

Is Arc required to play Neverwinter?

Arc is an easy-to-use platform that gives you access to all of Perfect World Entertainment
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by iamtruthseeker on

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    SECTION II - NEVERWINTER PACK INFORMATION

How do I claim my Neverwinter Pack items in-game?
    After you complete the tutorial, you can claim your Neverwinter Pack items from the in-game mail.

How do I pick up my Starter Kit?

First, you must complete the tutorial, and then you must speak to the Reward Claims Agent in Protector’s Enclave order to claim your Starter Kit. The Reward Claims Agent is in the Hall of Justice, on the left side.

If I already purchased a Neverwinter Pack, can I upgrade?

All the packs are separate, with totally unique bonuses and awards. While it is not possible to upgrade from one pack to another, it is possible to buy all the packs separately to claim all the unique rewards.

If I buy more than one type of Neverwinter Pack, will the character slots and respec tokens stack?

Yes, you will receive the character slot upgrades and respec tokens from both packs.

If I buy the Neverwinter Starter Kit and Hero of the North Pack, do the Bags of Holding stack?

Yes, you will receive two Bags of Holding, one from each pack.

Are the Bags of Holding from the Neverwinter Starter Kit and Hero of the North Pack per character, or per account?

The Neverwinter Starter Kit grants one Bag of Holding for one of your characters, and you can purchase multiple Neverwinter Starter Kits to obtain multiple Bags of Holding. The Hero of the North Pack grants one Bag of Holding per character on your account.

Are the Astral Diamonds that come with a Neverwinter Pack sent to my account, or a specific character?

The Astral Diamonds are provided to the account, so you'll be able to use them on any of your characters.

If I transferred Zen during the Beta Weekend Events and Open Beta, when will that be available for me to use in-game?

Right now!

What are the specifics surrounding the exclusivity of the Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow that comes with the Hero of the North Pack?

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.

Are the Neverwinter Pack items bound to my account?

Yes, the Neverwinter Pack bonuses are permanently tied to your account and cannot be sold or transferred.

What Ranks are the Unique Armored Spider Mount and Unique Armored Horse Mount from the Hero of the North and Guardian of Neverwinter Packs, and can those ranks be increased through training?

The Unique Armored Spider Mount and Unique Armored Horse Mount are both Rank 3, at max speed, and do not need to be trained.

What are the specifics surrounding the "Greycloak's Legacy" items included in Neverwinter Packs?

The "Greycloak's Legacy" items are class-specific Rare items (blue quality). Each of them comes equipped with a unique enchantment called "Greycloak's Insignia," which gives 3 stats (Power, Crit, and Recovery) in a single slot, and can be removed by using Astral Diamonds to be placed on other items that have Offense Enchantment slots. Every character on an account will receive one such item.

The Hero of the North Pack comes with a powerful weapon. How does this affect game balance?

The weapon is designed to be helpful at early levels. It's similar to purchasing an XP Boost - it will let you get through the initial content quickly, but does not have an effect on end-game.

How do I apply my Neverwinter Packs' Forum Title?

You can apply and change your forum titles in the User Permission Groups. If you can't access the Permissions Group page and your purchase is applied to your account please contact support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    SECTION III - PRICING AND ECONOMY

What are Astral Diamonds?

Astral Diamonds are a rare type of currency used in-game to purchase gear and to bid in the auction house, similar to Dilithium in Star Trek Online or Questionite in Champions Online.

Typically, a player can earn Astral Diamonds by doing certain types of quests and missions. This content is generally time-limited so a player can only repeat this type of gameplay so often.

Does Neverwinter have a paid-for currency?

Yes, Neverwinter uses ZEN, the universal currency used across all Perfect World games.

Can I obtain the items that are available for purchase using ZEN without spending money?

You can! That's the beauty of this system.

You can get everything you want by playing. Everything. This includes mounts, costumes, etc. Why? How? Because you can put the Astral Diamonds you've earned up on an auction house and sell them for micro-transactable points. Then you can purchase anything you'd like in our micro-transaction store. Committed players never need spend a dime in Neverwinter. Anyone can bankroll a hero simply by playing.

I bought an item on the Zen Market that can be claimed on multiple characters. How do I get it?

-Press Y to open the Zen Market window
    -Click on 'Featured Items'
    -Highlight the item you wish to claim, then click 'Claim'

This process can be repeated for all characters on an account.

How do I claim the Astral Diamonds I received from my Neverwinter Pack?

Simply click on the "Astral Diamond Exchange" button at the top of your screen from within the game client, and then click on "Withdraw" to claim your Astral Diamonds.

After I claim the Astral Diamonds, can I transfer them?

When claimed on your character, no - they are bound to you. However, you can use the AD Exchange to transfer them to another character. To do this, you first need to open up the Astral Diamond Exchange (The Gem Icon on the Menu Bar) and then you will need to place an offer to Buy Zen for Astral Diamonds (in effect, selling your ADs - you'll most likely want to place an offer for the lowest value so it's not sold. 50 is the lowest for ADs). Immediately after placing the Listing, cancel the Listing on your active trades tab. This will then place those Astral Diamonds into an Exchange Pool.

You can then log out of that character and log in with a different character and go into the Exchange and claim them from your Exchange Pool. You cannot transfer Astral Diamonds across Shards however, as each Shard has it's own Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction Houses. You can only place refined Astral Diamonds into the Exchange.

You cannot give or transfer ADs between accounts or other players. To gain ADs from others, you must either use the Astral Diamond Exchange to buy or sell Astral Diamonds or use the Auction House to sell or buy wares for Astral Diamonds. You can however make small donations to Foundry Authors upon completing one of their Foundry Missions when you rate and review it.

Are mounts purchased in the Zen Market for only one of my characters or all of them?

When you purchase a mount in the Zen Market, it then becomes available for all of the characters on your account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    SECTION IV - THE FOUNDRY

What is The Foundry?

The Foundry allows you to create your own content in Neverwinter. With The Foundry, you have the power to tell new tales by creating quests, zones and stories that you can share with your friends and the entire Neverwinter community. Use this robust set of editing tools to create new dungeons to explore, or re-imagine your favorite campaigns from the ground up!

Has anyone posted a summary of what the Foundry is all about?

We have! There's a whole page dedicated to it our our website: The Foundry.

Is the Foundry be monetized? Do I need to pay for anything to use it?

There is no payment necessary to create or play Foundry content.

How can creators share their Foundry content?

Published Foundry content appears in an in-game Landing Page that all Neverwinter players are able to access. Please see the Neverwinter Wiki for more information.

Once completing the tutorial, you can jump into Foundry content immediately. Since the difficulty of Foundry content automatically scales difficulty, experience, and rewards to your level, one could conceivably reach max level by only playing community authored content.

Is The Foundry in Neverwinter exactly the same as the Star Trek Online Foundry?

Neverwinter's back-end technology have allowed for additional enhancements to be made to its version of the Foundry, so expect a few differences. :)

Is there any limit on the type of rewards my Foundry missions can offer?
    There are a few limits to ensure that the game remains balanced. Loot, difficulty, and experience rewards all automatically scale, and cannot be set manually. This is to allow the Foundry Content to played as regular progression content in parallel with the regular game content.

Can I upload custom audio and models?

That feature does not exist at this time, though there will be plenty of pre-existing content for authors to get creative with. :)

Can I create PVP missions using the Foundry?

Not yet!

How does a Foundry quest qualify for the "Daily Foundry" quest rewards?

The quest must be at least 15 minutes long and have 20 plays.

Why has my quest disappeared from the Foundry?

Quests that are in violation of the EULA or Terms of Service are removed from the Foundry. There are also community systems in place that automatically ban certain quests based on community activity. Please also note that accounts with questionable activity in abusing the Foundry editor and community tools are regularly investigated and dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    SECTION V - DESIGN, MECHANICS, AND GAMEPLAY

What Races are available in Neverwinter?

The current options are Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Tiefling, Drow, Dwarf, Halfling, and Half-Orc. For full descriptions and pictures, check out our Races page here. Please note that Menzo-Renegade Drow will be exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchasers, while regular drow will become available for everyone after 60 days post-launch.

Does it cost ZEN to unlock additional Races and Classes?

All the available races at launch will be free. We are planning to release the regular Drow for free post-launch (after at least 60 days to allow for Founder's Pack exclusivity). Note that only the regular Drow race will become available; the Menzoberranzen Renegade will always remain exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases.

Details regarding additional classes and races should be announced soon!

What about the classes?

We've already confirmed the Guardian Fighter, Devoted Cleric, Great Weapon Fighter, Trickster Rogue, and Control Wizard, but we plan to announce more soon. :)

What is the combat like?

Combat in Neverwinter is action-based, using a third-person mouselook control scheme.

How does the events system work?

There is something to do every day in Neverwinter! The events calendar provides players with dynamic content that provides unique opportunities for new content and rewards:

Skirmishes: In these events, you're teamed up with a group of adventurers to complete a particular objective inside an instanced area. Complete the objective successfully for major rewards!

Contests: These provide competitive PvE objectives in outdoor mission areas. Bragging rights are not the only rewards for winning these competitions.

Dungeon Delves: Feeling brave? Party up with a team of 5 and take on one of Neverwinter's many dungeons! You'll need to use teamwork, strategy, and your wits if you want to survive.

PVP: Test your skills against other heroes in team based player-vs-player action!

Is Neverwinter open world, or am I always in my own instance?

Neverwinter uses a combination of public and private instances. The cities, along with many "overworld" mission areas will be populated with other players, though many of the dungeons and smaller mission areas are done in private instances. Make sure to party up with other players before entering a dungeon on your own, or someone might not be there to watch your back. :)

What is the current level cap in Neverwinter?

60!

Does Neverwinter feature an alignment system?

The launch version of Neverwinter will allow you to select a predefined or custom back story for your character, though at this time there are no specific plans to implement an alignment mechanic.

Is there a faction system?

Currently, heroes, champions, heroes, and heroines, are aligned with a single goal: to rebuild Neverwinter. However, player guilds are able to ally with one of two factions during the Gauntlgrym endgame PvE/PvP event.

Is there PVP?

You bet! You can begin queuing for PvP matches at level 10, or participate in the endgame PvE/PvP event, Gauntlgrym, at level 60.

Is there more than one server in Neverwinter?

We are anticipating a high volume of players at launch, more than we can support with a single server. At first, we will be launching with more than one server option, but plan to expand our technology some time after launch to allow all players to co-exist on a single server. Please see SECTION VI for more information.

Can I chat with my Star Trek Online and Champions Online friends while playing?

Absolutely! More information about how chat works in Neverwinter is available here.

Does Neverwinter have official controller/gamepad support?

Neverwinter does not have native controller or gamepad support, but you should still be able to use a controller/gamepad by using the default Windows gamepad configuration settings. There's a user-made thread here which can help you to get started.

How do Identification Scrolls work?

Identification scrolls can be obtained to unlock the true potential of items in Neverwinter. They can be obtained as drops, through the level-up reward system (Rewards Box), or from the Wondrous Bazaar, which is located near the Grand Emporium in Protector's Enclave.

What systems are in place to protect against spamming in-game?
    Several social features are limited until a player levels at least one character to 15 or purchases Zen or a Neverwinter Pack. These features include the abilities to send tells or in-game mail to other players who are not on the person's friends list, participate in the creation of a guild, access the Foundry editor, or participate in zone chat without any restrictions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    SECTION VI - SHARDS

When are the shards being merged?

We hope to have everything ready to go for the Shard Merge very soon.

What is a Shard?

A shard is a copy of the game world that has its own unique set of characters and guilds. You may team up and play with other characters on the same shard, but not with characters on other shards. Many MMOs have the concept of a shard, and there are several different terms in use for the same concept including Server, World and Realm.

What shards does Neverwinter currently have?

Neverwinter has three shards. These shards are named:
    -Beholder
    -Dragon
    -Mindflayer

What does Shard Merge mean?

The three Neverwinter shards will be merged into a single shard.

Why is Cryptic merging the shards?

We believe that having all players in a single game world provides for the best user experience because it allows players to play, interact and trade with others without having to worry about which shard they are on. Launching a new online game is an exciting time, where new hardware and new software meet a large user population for the first time. Hence, we decided to launch Neverwinter with three shards, to reduce the risk of players having a negative experience due to servers overloading. Since launch we have continued to optimize our software and hardware so that we can merge the three shards into a single seamless game world.

Was it always the plan to only have one shard for Neverwinter?

Yes. We have always been fans of the single-shard model, and like our previous games, we've always wanted to optimize Neverwinter's infrastructure to be able to meet this goal. We are excited to be close to meeting this goal and are excited about allowing all players in our game world to be able to communicate and group with one another.

What will happen to the shard selection screen during character creation?

The shard selection screen will no longer appear.

What happens if there is another character with the same name as my character? Will my name have to change?

Neverwinter does not require unique character names. Every account already has a unique @handle, so there is no need for individual character names to be unique.

What happens if there is another guild with the same name as my guild? Will my guild name need to change?

No. Since the launch of Neverwinter we have required unique guild names across all shards due to the fact that we were planning to merge the shards as soon as technically possible.

What will happen to active auctions during the shard merge?

All auctions will be automatically expired during the shard merge. If you have a pending auction it will either go to the highest bidder at the time of the merge, or be sent back to you as unpurchased if no bids have been made.

What will happen to active Astral Diamond Exchange orders?

All active Astral Diamond Exchange orders will be automatically withdrawn during the shard merge. Any Zen or Astral Diamonds that have been escrowed as part of these active orders will be returned to your exchange balance. You can reclaim this currency to spend or create new buy or sell orders using the Astral Diamond Exchange window.

I have been using the Astral Diamond Exchange on more than one shard. What will happen to my currency balances?

During the Shard Merge, the balances from all shards will be added together. If you have been using the exchange on more than one shard, the log of previous transactions will be cleared during the Shard Merge.

I have been playing on more than one shard. What will happen to my in-game mail?

The mail from all shards will be merged together on the unified shard following the Shard Merge.

What will happen to my Celestial Coins during the Shard Merge extended maintenance?

Celestial Coins will expire normally during this period, so please plan accordingly!

I'm concerned about the performance and stability of Protectors Enclave. Will the number of instances be increased or amount of players per instance?

The Cryptic Engine automatically spawns new instances as needed when existing map instances are at their maximum population. We are not changing the population caps, so after the Shard Merge players should not notice any difference in the populations of Protector’s Enclave or the Adventure Zones. There will just be more instances to accommodate the larger shard population.

Is there a place where I can preview upcoming changes to Neverwinter? Is that NeverwinterPreview?

The NeverwinterPreview shard is a place to preview upcoming content, game and class balance changes, and other improvements to the game. By playing on Preview, you'll be able to provide invaluable feedback on what can be improved and changed before updates go to the Neverwinter live shards.

How can I get access to NeverwinterPreview?

Check out this post!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    SECTION VII - SUPPORT

How do I get in touch with Customer Support?

We take customer support at Perfect World very seriously, and have a dedicated team of experts that is always happy to help. You can always get in touch with our support team via the Perfect World Support Home Page.

I'm getting a Redirect Error on the support page. What can I do?

This is a known issue that is affecting some of our users. We are working very hard to fix it, though unfortunately it is proving to be a bit tricky. Fortunately, we have some alternate contact methods that you can use if this issue affects you:

-You can get in touch with us on the Perfect World Tech Support Forum
    -You can send our customer service team an email at customerservice@perfectworld.com

How does the automatic chat mute system work and what should I do if I am muted?

In Neverwinter, it is possible to report another player for spamming by right clicking on there name. There is technology in place to place temporary mutes on accounts that receive a high volume of spam reports. The goal of this technology is to minimize the amount of "gold spam" and other forms of inappropriate chat.

Occasionally, it is possible for false positives to be detected, which can unfortunately result in a temporary mute being placed on a player who was not actually spamming. We understand that this can be frustrating. Our team actively monitors for these occurrences and is constantly tweaking the system to minimize these occurrences.

In the event that your account is muted, the best action to take is to wait for the mute to expire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    SECTION VIII - ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

We hope that this FAQ was useful! If your question isn't answered here, please feel free to create a post. While we may not be able to answer every question, we will definitely try to answer as many as possible.

See you in the Forgotten Realms!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    SECTION IX - FURY OF THE FEYWILD PACKS

After I purchase a pack, when will I be able to claim my items?

The items will become available when Module 1: Fury of the Feywild is released.

What items are available in the Knight of the Feywild Pack and Feywild Starter Pack?

The Knight of the Feywild Pack comes with the exclusive Moon Elf race, Dawn Unicorn mount, Sylph Companion, Moonsilver Regalia fashion set, Loamweave enchantment, Stone of Earth, and "Knight of the Feywild" in-game and forum titles, along with one extra character slot, an Adventurer's Helper Pack, and 600,000 Astral Diamonds.

The Feywild Starter Pack comes with a Portal Hound Companion, Feywild Hunter's Ring, Fine Elven Silk Bag, and an Adventurer's Helper Pack.

More information on the Fury of the Feywild Packs is available here.

How do I claim my Fury of the Feywild items in-game?

After you complete the tutorial, you can claim your Fury of the Feywild items from the in-game mail.

How do I pick up my Feywild Starter Pack?

First, you must complete the tutorial, and then you must speak to the Reward Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave order to claim your Feywild Starter Pack. The Reward Claims Agent is in the Hall of Justice, on the left side.

If I already purchased a Feywild Starter Pack, can I upgrade to a Knight of the Feywild Pack?

All the packs are separate, with totally unique bonuses and awards. While it is not possible to upgrade from one pack to another, it is possible to buy all the packs separately to claim all the unique rewards.

Can I buy multiple Feywild Starter Packs?

Yes, you can!

Are the Astral Diamonds that come with a Knight of the Feywild Pack sent to my account, or a specific character?

The Astral Diamonds are provided to the account, so you'll be able to use them on any of your characters.

What if I want to play the Sun Elf race as well as the exclusive Moon Elf race?

The Sun Elf race is free for all Neverwinter players.

Are the Fury of the Feywild Pack items bound to my account?

Yes, the Fury of the Feywild Pack bonuses are permanently tied to your account and cannot be sold or transferred.

What rank is the Dawn Unicorn Mount from the Knight of the Feywild Pack, and can that rank be increased through training?

The Dawn Unicorn Mount is Rank 3, at max speed, and does not need to be trained.

What quality is the Sylph Companion included with the Knight of the Feywild Pack?

The Sylph Companion is a Purple companion, with a max rank of 30.

Can I access my items early, on NeverwinterPreview?

Yes! The content will be made available on Preview early, though note that the Character Slots, Astral Diamonds, and Adventurer's Packs will not be available until the Fury of the Feywild expansion is released.

Aside from purchasing the Knight of the Feywild pack, will there be any other method of unlocking the Moon Elf race, such as through Astral Diamonds or other in-game mechanics?

As of this moment, the Moon Elf race is an exclusive benefit reserved for Knight of the Feywild owners, similar to the exclusivity of the Menzoberranzan Drow for Hero of the North Pack owners.

Why is the Moon Elf race exclusive to the Knight of the Feywild Pack, and not free like the Sun Elf race?

Our goal is ensure that all game content is available to all players without paying a dime. We do want to offer special, fun customization options like character races for players who have chosen to invest in a pack, but in the scope of the game mechanics these benefits are more cosmetic than mechanical, as everyone can still enjoy all the game content Fury of the Feywild offers without these perks.

Are there any plans to create a "bundle" pack that includes both the Feywild Packs and one/all of the current iterations of the Neverwinter Packs?

At this time we don't have any concrete plans to release the packs in a bundle, but agree that it could be a cool idea!

Is there any update on a date for when vanilla drow will be available for all?

The Drow race will remain exclusive to Hero of the North pack purchasers for at least 60 days after the game's launch on June 20 (so, August 20 or later), though the specific date regarding when the regular, non-Menzoberranzan Drow will be available has not been announced yet.

Are there any plans to sell the Feywild Packs in the Zen Market?

We have seen feedback from players stating that they'd like to see the packs available in the Zen Market. Our current development priorities include fixing bugs and adding new content to the game, but we will certainly consider this feedback for future updates.

What are the stats for the Sun and Moon Elf races?

Sun Elves:

Inner Calm - Racial
    Your inner peace and serenity cause you to focus more clearly on the task at hand. +2% Action Point gain.

Sun Elf Grace Racial
    Your bottomless grace increases your resistance to Crowd Control effects by 10%.

Ability Score choices
    +2 Intelligence
    +2 Dexterity OR Charisma

Moon Elves

Wanderlust - Racial
    You cannot stay in one place long and are always roaming and seeking new oddities. +1% Action Point gain and +1% Stamina Regen.

Moon Elf Resilience Racial
    Your elven resilience increases your resistance to Crowd Control effects by 10%.

Ability Score choices
    +2 Intelligence
    +2 Dexterity OR Charisma

When are Sun Elves going to be available to play?

We're working on getting Sun Elves into the game as soon as possible!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    A big thanks to EVERYBODY-including both all the Cryptic/PWE staff and the forum members-who made my FAQ what it was.

And a personal thanks to Gillrmn who suggested I make this in the first place, to Dezstravus (the community Manager of PWE Games) for his professional editing and checking it with me first, and to Zebular whose expert index links are fantastic as his graphics!

Thanks to all of you, it became something that now is 100% officially part of Neverwinter. While I know some of you might be sad to see the "Old FAQ" go, it's a positive step, and we'll still be taking feedback and questions on the extended FAQ...now for everybody new, old and in between :)

And for those who might be introduced to me by this topic, as always as the signature says...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    littledust3littledust3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, I downloaded the neverwinter game/beta or whatever, and it keeps giving me an "account error" whats going on?
  • Options
    thelickingtoadthelickingtoad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    So, I downloaded the neverwinter game/beta or whatever, and it keeps giving me an "account error" whats going on?
    There is no current beta period. Therefore, your account does not have access.
  • Options
    chankarnchankarn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just out of curiosity, after Neverwinter has been released will we be able to purchase founder packs? So that we can still gain access to the Menzoberranzen Renegade and/or the Spider mount?
  • Options
    cybermarkcybermark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I already purchased a Founder's Pack, can I upgrade?

If I buy more than one type of Founder's Pack, will the character slots and respec tokens stack?

Yes, you will receive the character slot upgrades and respec tokens from both packs.

Are the Founder's Pack items bound to my account?

Yes, the Founder's Pack bonuses are permanently tied to your account and cannot be sold or transferred.

Can I still purchase the founder's pack after the Neverwinter Nights has been released? Since I don't have beta key, I'm not sure if I like the gameplay, user interface, camera, etc until I have tried the game itself.
  • Options
    cybermarkcybermark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

What about the classes?

We've already confirmed the Guardian Fighter, Devoted Cleric, Great Weapon Fighter, and Trickster Rogue, but we plan to announce more soon. :)

I've seen that you have a Wizard class trailer but it's not included in the list of classes in this FAQ. Does it mean we can't play the wizard class on release date?
  • Options
    sinna97sinna97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Something is saying I have an account error, why is that
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    So the Control Wizard isn't a launch class any longer?
  • Options
    noctournous93noctournous93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited February 2013
    So by any chance we could buy the simple drow race at launch with ZEN?
    Also, to make it clear: On the FAQ post it is being said that the drow will be available at launch for people that have the founders pack.
    That includes the Guardian pack aswell right?
  • Options
    abloecabloec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Might wanna explain the exclusivity for the vanilla drow race applies to.

I found it in the races section but just for people who immediately see that its exclusive might wanna put that with the first post regarding the vanilla drow race.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    You can! Beta Weekend access is immediately guaranteed if you pick up a Hero of the North or Guardian Founder's Pack. Grab one today and you'll be able to play Neverwinter with select beta testers before it is released to the public!

Taken from the extended FAQ, it seems that both packs will have access to drow are both are founder's packs.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I hope we can make drow at launch. I don't want a drow at all, but wife, and alot of guildies from EQ2 do, sigh I told them you can make one at launch for free. I know I've heard it was in at launch and just the backround renegade thing wasn't. I hope the above was a mistype and basic drow is still in.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    I hope we can make drow at launch. I don't want a drow at all, but wife, and alot of guildies from EQ2 do, sigh I told them you can make one at launch for free. I know I've heard it was in at launch and just the backround renegade thing wasn't. I hope the above was a mistype and basic drow is still in.

As it seems, ony founders will get to get them at launch.
    From what i understood so far, it is heroes and guardians.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It appears the halflings are out and half-orc is in, is this correct? I played the Halfling in Beta 1 (no biggie, it's a throw-away character for beta anyway) - I'm just curious. Also, Great Weapon Fighter is listed, but not the Wizard - is this the next class (GWF) we'll have access to in beta 2? Again, I'm just curious.

I understand this is all Beta and everything is in flux with nothing set in stone. The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to give the "uncertains" a go during beta (I've already played Halfling - fun, but plan to give another race a go this time around and so on).

My primary concern is the worth of Astral Diamonds (It's been said to go ahead and spend them in beta, that they will be redistributed at launch for Founders) - I'm hopeful the economic value of them will be adjusted somehow. Based on last beta weekend I saw the Mount Vendor selling horses at 1 Gold each, but 90k Astral Diamonds each, meaning 1000 Astral Diamonds are worth little more than one copper piece (OUCH!). I'd sure like to see their value increased, at least a little.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It appears the halflings are out and half-orc is in, is this correct? I played the Halfling in Beta 1 (no biggie, it's a throw-away character for beta anyway) - I'm just curious. Also, Great Weapon Fighter is listed, but not the Wizard - is this the next class (GWF) we'll have access to in beta 2? Again, I'm just curious.

I understand this is all Beta and everything is in flux with nothing set in stone. The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to give the "uncertains" a go during beta (I've already played Halfling - fun, but plan to give another race a go this time around and so on).

My primary concern is the worth of Astral Diamonds (It's been said to go ahead and spend them in beta, that they will be redistributed at launch for Founders) - I'm hopeful the economic value of them will be adjusted somehow. Based on last beta weekend I saw the Mount Vendor selling horses at 1 Gold each, but 90k Astral Diamonds each, meaning 1000 Astral Diamonds are worth little more than one copper piece (OUCH!). I'd sure like to see their value increased, at least a little.

Thanks!

I am also puzzled regardng the wizard as he will surely be on beta weekend 2 , based on the facebook page of the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    As it seems, ony founders will get to get them at launch.
    From what i understood so far, it is heroes and guardians.

Thats kind of sad cuz I really thought I read people saying drow will be at launch, oh well wife and friends will just eat me I guess. I'm playing a dwarf so I'm pretty tuff.. I can handle it... sniff sniff... oh mighty hammer of doom hold me...

Bwhahahahhahahahahha

Thought I would cry huh, had you all fooled!!!
  • Options
    dragonfishdragonfish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    SECTION V - DESIGN, MECHANICS, AND GAMEPLAY

What Races are available in Neverwinter?

Please note that the Drow will only be available for Founder's Pack purchasers for at least 60 days after launch.

Is this intended to be a joke? I keep expecting somebody to pop out and yell "fooled you!"

Why in gods name would you intentionally alienate a large chunk of your fanbase? You can't blow this off and say "it's not a punishment to you, it's a reaward to the founders" because the Renegade backstory is their reward, not the Drow. I realize things can change at any time but the way this is worded makes me think you're pretty set on it. What that means to me is that either have to play through the same content twice or not play at all for "at least" 60 days after launch. This was literally the one thing I was most looking forward to about this game. Decisions like this are not making me want to open my wallet for you.
  • Options
    dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just saying.... not cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am also puzzled regardng the wizard as he will surely be on beta weekend 2 , based on the facebook page of the game.
    FAQ may not be totally up to date and/or containt some errors. imtruthseeker and the Cryptic team are just humans (awesome as they may be, still humans). Hopefully, some clarifications will be made where needed. Shortly. (better to avoid using the word "Soon"...)
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    SECTION III - PRICING AND ECONOMY

What are Astral Diamonds?

Astral Diamonds are a rare type of currency used in-game to purchase gear and to bid in the auction house, similar to Dilithium in Star Trek Online or Questionite in Champions Online.

Typically, a player can earn Astral Diamonds by doing certain types of quests and missions. This content is generally time-limited so a player can only repeat this type of gameplay so often.

Will Neverwinter have a paid-for currency?

Yes, Neverwinter will use ZEN, the universal currency used across all Perfect World games.

Can I obtain the items that are available for purchase using ZEN without spending money?

You can! That's the beauty of this system.

You can get everything you want by playing. Everything. This includes mounts, costumes, etc. Why? How? Because you can put the Astral Diamonds you've earned up on an auction house and sell them for micro-transactable points. Then you can purchase anything you'd like in our micro-transaction store. Committed players never need spend a dime in Neverwinter. Anyone can bankroll a hero simply by playing.

What sort of items will I be able to buy with ZEN?

None of the specific items have been announced yet, but they will be awesome!

I am addressing the highlighted part of this only.

You neglected to mention that /someone/, /somewhere/...will have to purchase said AD from the auction house. If there is nobody buying AD for Zen, then you cannot sell your AD, therefore you cannot get anything at all. That whole statement is partly fallacious in that matter.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Originally Posted by lordxeran

Hey guys, thanks for all the wonderful info, me and my gf can't wait for this game to come out. We even each bought a copy of PC Gamer for the codes. A few quick questions though, those that PR will let you answer.

1. How many classes are being shot for at launch? Not differing builds but actual different classes, such as fighter and rogue, not GWF and GF.
    2. What will the tab button be auto-assigned to do in the game?
    3. Will there be a dps-style wizard?
    4. Any ranged (non spellcasting) classes in the works?
    5. Can we create foundry content that allows more then five simultaneous players?
    6. Can I haz beta be start now?
    Hey there,

1.We will launch with 5 classes. The Guardian Fighter, Great Weapon Fighter, Trickster Rogue, Devoted Cleric and Control Wizard.
    2.The Tab button is assigned to your class specific mechanic. This differs per class, but think Stealth for the Trickster Rogue and Unstoppable for the Great Weapon Fighter.
    3.We will launch with the Control Wizard. Other types of Wizards could be something we explore in the future, but for now we thought it more important to fill all of the combat roles and get a controller in there.
    4.There's lots in the works But, for launch there are only spellcasting ranged classes. That being said, the Trickster Rogue can specialize in several medium ranged attacks that allow him to play back a bit and deal damage at range.

Thanks for the questions Hope to see you in game!

This was posted by Crucial991199 1-30-13 on the dev tracker so wizzy should be there.
  • Options
    daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    odd that they said there was going to be one mega-server and now they are saying that there will be multiple servers..
This discussion has been closed.