test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

1171819202123»

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    ukhenry wrote: »
    Sorry its a huge list this is probably mentioned but how does the currency work on this game? I am only level 17 and I noticed everything is worth these crystal shards. Or could somebody point me to the right section that covers everything about currency as it makes no sence to me all I generally know about the game right now is quests class stats and gear to look for, I know I could just read the whole guide but It is not going to sink in as I am pretty new 1 step at a time.

I don't think there is a guide to the currencies. Honestly it's all pretty self explanatory IMO excluding the tyical efficiencies of currency gains.

If you have a specific question I'd be happy to explain but I have no idea where to even start without knowing what you're unclear on.
  • crystalblade1crystalblade1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi,
    Im buying a new computer, so does anyone know if I install Neverwinter on my new computer and log in with my account, will my characters be waiting there and ready to play? :(

• ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yes, just log in like always. You will need to agree to ToS/EULA again, then you will see the Character Selection screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apolloocalvoapolloocalvo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sorry, o don`t find thread, so any can help me? the game don`t make login, say conection time expired, but my internet it`s normal, i try for arc and for neverwinter .exe, firewall is down, try open in administer, nothing... before maintenance it`s ok, now this...
  • dslayer25dslayer25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    can anyone help me get online i have a account and have a character but when i try to log in it hangs and then its not running the game anymore (i have already log in before no problem) but now i don't have a clue
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    sorry, o don`t find thread, so any can help me? the game don`t make login, say conection time expired, but my internet it`s normal, i try for arc and for neverwinter .exe, firewall is down, try open in administer, nothing... before maintenance it`s ok, now this...
    dslayer25 wrote: »
    can anyone help me get online i have a account and have a character but when i try to log in it hangs and then its not running the game anymore (i have already log in before no problem) but now i don't have a clue

Try the tech support forums or send a support ticket in!
    I am sorry but such issues are beyond my expertise but do note that your computer specs are paramount into having help with this.

Whenever you are having problems like this and don't give system specs it is akin to going to the doctor and answering "So why are you here today?" with "I don't feel well." Being unable to log in means nothing without the system specs (including ISP) in order to give clues as to why you can't log in. ;)
  • xedellianxedellian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Do you think there will soon be a party lock-in on dungeons soon? Its been an issue for a while and wondered if there was any progression to a means to ending the final-boss-kicks alot of us have been victim of? It really dampers those of us from even playing anymore.
  • coogrrrcoogrrr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When can we see new classes and with that new content but new classes first... The D&D real was built on some basic classes that don't exist in NWO as of yet. I personally would love to see Druid, Ranger, Bard, Paladin, Sorc., Dead/Dread/Death Knight for example. We now have Feywild and tons of bows laying about and many NPC's willing to shoot me in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if I dare poke one in the eye with my sharper than a ginsu knife Orb as a CW. I appreciate all that has been done and look forward to many many many months of future play IF.... we can get some new classes. All the existing content is new again when I can start a new class and enjoy it from a different play style. All the content gets reused if there are new classes. I would warn against 1 class release methods as many people will start the same class all at once. I would suggest min - 2 and stress 4 or more be released but at this point would settle for at least 2 a "melee" ranged class like a Ranger/Archer and a "caster" ranged class DD not CW in the shape of a Sorc. But more awesome would be a Druid that fights solely through pets and or shape changing and heals (passive) with an opposing class in the Death Knight who fights through aggression with fewer pets (skeletons etc)

I know this is my soap box but I think many would support these thoughts. Since you the moderator can speak with the Dev's can you pose this question for us the player base and then post back a response?

I will wait and see. I don't expect any answer that matters as it seems this question and similar ones are ignored by most NWO staff at this point.

Coog - on the soon to be moot Dragon Shard.
    It Can Wait!!!
    Dont text and drive please. Dont risk your life and the lives of others. Join the cause and take the pledge - See more at: http://www.itcanwait.com

RM1fNp64
  • lhyzzlhyzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is it really a good idea to merge the shards when so many people are still having massive lag in areas with many people or mobs? Gauntlgrym is quite often impossible to play because of the lag. Will these server upgrades address these issues first, before piling more people into Protector's Enclave?

One suggestion: make pets despawn in PE (as it slows down everyone).
    edited October 2013
    xedellian wrote: »
    Do you think there will soon be a party lock-in on dungeons soon? Its been an issue for a while and wondered if there was any progression to a means to ending the final-boss-kicks alot of us have been victim of? It really dampers those of us from even playing anymore.

It's not quite so simple. There are valid reasons to allow players to kick other players from parties and especially if players ultimately end up permitted to join dungeons in progress it's a good thin to allow players to kick others for various reasons (of course there are exceptions)

However even if they adjusted the kick mechanics to not permit kicking after the boss died then the person would simply find other time periods to kick either while killing the final boss or before even entering the room (with a decent enough team many bosses can be four manned)

It's certainly something which developers are looking into but there's absolutely no cut and dry simple solution to the problem.
    coogrrr wrote: »
    snip

Classes are the hardest thing the developers create and not for any reason most players would jump to. They aren't in any way shape or form purposely not adding classes to the game they just take a ton of time to create and balance.

Did you know the control wizard went through four iterations before Closed Beta?
    Four times the class was considered complete internally and needing polishing to basically have to be drastically revamped until the class is what you see this day in age. It went from being stupidly overpowered to stupidly underpowered to being 'does that class actually exist?' and goodness knows what else during Alpha. The wizard was a mess to say the least haha.

What looks good on paper doesn't always translate to gameplay.
    Furthermore each class has the portential to completely upset the balance of the game and simply out another class if it it not fully thought out.

For instance if they haphazardly released another healing class which was too similar to the DC - Divine Oracle it could result in one or the other being considered without a shadow of a doubt superior or inferior to the other by the player base. All of Neverwinters classes and paragon paths will have to feel totally unique to avoid players refusing to play with or without a certain class.

So as such...
    No amount of saying players want classes will make things any faster. Classes are hard to make.
    There are two actively being worked on right now and the developers have numerous times stated one of them will hopefully be released by the end of the year but no amount of saying how epic it would be to have a billion different classes will speed up the long and difficult task of developing classes.

The developers want a billion and one different classes and they will be released as frequently as humanly possible no matter how slow that is. :)

lhyzz wrote: »
    Is it really a good idea to merge the shards when so many people are still having massive lag in areas with many people or mobs? Gauntlgrym is quite often impossible to play because of the lag. Will these server upgrades address these issues first, before piling more people into Protector's Enclave?

One suggestion: make pets despawn in PE (as it slows down everyone).

It wouldn't be getting done if they didn't have confidence in the system.
    There's a number of different reasons for having lag and frankly players tend to misplace the issues that cause it more often than not.

For instance your exampleof the graphical lag in PE, if warranted, could be resolved by simply lowering the maximum amount of people per instance. The server merge wouldn't effect the stability of PE in any way shape or form because there are multiple instances of each zone. Merging the servers would simply cause more PE instances but no more or less stability per instance.

The other aspect of the PE lag is that it's a recent development. In my unofficial opinion it's due to graphical lag involving a specific change the developers made. The system used to run PE without any issues and can do so again if the cause for the occasional graphical lag was tracked down.
  • loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is this partly due to the mass-drop of population as of late.. Who stole all the peoples, bring them back pls :(
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    loomyza wrote: »
    Is this partly due to the mass-drop of population as of late.. Who stole all the peoples, bring them back pls :(

the merging of the shards has always been planned and is not part of any theory of a decline in population.
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    the merging of the shards has always been planned and is not part of any theory of a decline in population.

Exactly! :)
  • oonsongxianoonsongxian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    so we have a total of 6 character slots now?
    edited October 2013
    You're confusing NW with DDO.

You only have two free character slots. It didn't matter if you had two on one shard or one on two on two different shards. You were/are only allotted two character slots for free.
  • fueledbymetalfueledbymetal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm on the same shard as my kids, Beholder, and we started at the same time, but we can't see each other even though we're in the same location in town and in the same party. How do we see each other?
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm on the same shard as my kids, Beholder, and we started at the same time, but we can't see each other even though we're in the same location in town and in the same party. How do we see each other?

Are you in the same instance of Protectors Enclave?

Click the Blue Shield icon on your minimap to see the available instances, the instances your friends and/or party members are in will be shown in the window that pops up.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    This EFAQ has been revamped, updated, and reformatted. Please continue to discuss and ask questions in the new sticky!
    [h=3]Sticky: The Neverwinter Extended FAQ[/h]
This discussion has been closed.