test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Event Preview: Challenge of the Gods

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited February 2014 in News & Announcements
Your next Neverwinter challenge is coming! The new event, Challenge of the Gods, is coming starting on February 6, 2014.

To learn more about the event, head here for a sneak preview: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1088881.

Who's ready to go hunting? Leave a comment below!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nwlessonnwlesson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am Ready!
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    looks awesome! what challenges do the gods have for us? we shall soon see...
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had already seen the facebook post about this before this got posted here :P I'm hoping for a companion as i never seem to get anything. If it is, let it be at least a blue companion for once
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't wait , I love these types of events , every time I get a event drop I say ''just one more'' but always end up staying online another 3 hours getting ""just one more'' xD
    rhoric wrote: »
    I had already seen the facebook post about this before this got posted here :P I'm hoping for a companion as i never seem to get anything. If it is, let it be at least a blue companion for once

Going by the calendar on the test shard there isn't a companion , however you can get Ardent coins so it COULD be possible to gather enough of them to add to the ones you already acquired to buy the Angel of protection , Dardove posted a link to the events calendar picture that shows what you get (obviously subject to change by the developers) here - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?592751-CTA-idea-Old-dungeon-new-enemies&p=7121481&viewfull=1#post7121481
  • Options
    reynasixreynasix Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ready here. Hopefully one of the rewards or chances are to get lockbox keys.
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    another event to fill their inventories with nothing or with an infinitely low drop rate! better than nothing yehy and before that a moderator will warn me I'M BEING OPTIMISTIC! :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    hquadros wrote: »
    another event to fill their inventories with nothing or with an infinitely low drop rate! better than nothing yehy and before that a moderator will warn me I'M BEING OPTIMISTIC! :-)

This event sounds similar to the Tymora's gift and Coins of Waukeen events both of which had quite good drop rates.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well that bites. Well hopefully for the 1 year anniversary they give us something as look at what STO had given away for it's 4th year anniversary
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    especially for those who already have nearly 1 year with logins house almost every day, reports, opinions, criticisms, everything aiming and wanting this to be THE GAME!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    "interest" would be very good for older players and harcores not leave the game as is happening ... think about developers! more challenges, more significant awards, including long campaigns! (I will not talk about pvp because it already has its eye on that) it gives the game more longevity and more comfortable for guys like me loguem everyday to neverwinter aventuar in the world.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    earn gifts from beyond the mortal world.

Fashion items and gear. The gods have weird hobbies. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Looks like fun. Hope they leave a few things as surprises... like the enemies.

OH! What happens this time if you're in a Party?
    No challenge drops? Or the party goes in together?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    corlienacorliena Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Awesome. However, what about a midwinter cabin fever reliever event with unlimited snowballs. We are still enjoying the unlimited water balloons and are very interested in snowballs. So far I have enjoyed everything Neverwinter since I started in Beta.
  • Options
    skyliluskylilu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yes - yes...just add more darkness. I dont like when enemies can see me.
  • Options
    ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like these little events that you bring forth, however, please, ensure that there are no issues with this as there have been for the last two events.

It is very hard to be optimistic about an event when you have to take the event down for a period of time, then promise to keep it up longer than announced because of it and then TAKE IT DOWN at the announced time and let's not forget to mention, not leaving the store up for at least 1 day while everyone trades in their currency from around the world.

Just a few of the problems:
    Lag, lag, and more lag
    Runestones not being able to right click and refine (just annoying, known bug, but never fixed and is STILL not fixed)
    Maps not all connected when trying to join event
    Did I mention LAG?
    Not getting items as "promised" ... one of the shop keepers was apparently bugged in the Winter Festival
  • Options
    thekristallethekristalle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xia1.jpg
    :)
  • Options
    jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Cool useful stuff. Thanks ! :)
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I do like the sound of that cloak (my DC is intrigued) and my GF would love some Celestial Grace dyepacks. This should be fun. :eek:
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wonder how common the ardent coin drops will be... will we see new players getting the 360 day reward from this event? I am hopeful that the deity cloak is BoE, not BoP.

Looking forward to this!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I wonder how common the ardent coin drops will be... will we see new players getting the 360 day reward from this event? I am hopeful that the deity cloak is BoE, not BoP.

Looking forward to this!

On the Owlbear server currently it is BoP. I would guess it will be bound to account like the BoP items from the CTA were.
  • Options
    paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited February 2014
    The upcoming event sounds promising, I am seriously wondering what the rewards will be during this event. I hope also that this is a taste of things to come and its the road to paladin class being added.

Thoughts? ideas? hopes dreams and information?
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Well we have been asking for our choice of deity to have more of an impact, this is small step in that direction with the Mantle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    I am seeing some major simularities between the armor on the teaser page and the armor we have seen depicted in official artwork.

1290d5a02178d550810a3c688620a4bc1391123806.jpg3068071-1065158-orc_king_det01.jpgDrizzt_Pic_1.jpg

Pretty interesting, eh?
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure I see the resemblance here. Maybe that they're influenced by the same universe, but it's a pretty loose stretch to say those gears were influenced by Drizzt's character. And I'd certainly hope the devs wouldn't stop so low as to add a Drizzt skin either.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Adrental Coins will drop - Angels will rule over PE !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Armor transmutes?! I'm in :)
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    Armor transmutes?! I'm in :)

not rly, event info says nothing about armor transmutes. ( check preview shard )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    not rly, event info says nothing about armor transmutes. ( check preview shard )

Awww I was hoping for new armor transmutes too , what are the two pictures in the news post about the event then? those being posted in the event preview made me think that new armor was available too D:
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited February 2014
    Looks promising but ill wait to see what kinda rewards it has to offer, and if it turns into another grind event.
This discussion has been closed.