What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    kenjidoomkenjidoom Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    Is there a place on the website where we can view a list of abilities for each class?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    psendaron wrote: »
    Can you explain to us how party leader is assigned?
    You are better off asking in the other forums. That's not something I have a lot of experience or information on. Other players might have an answer though.
    kenjidoom wrote: »
    Is there a place on the website where we can view a list of abilities for each class?
    Check out The Official Neverwinter Wiki
  • Options
    kenjidoomkenjidoom Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    You are better off asking in the other forums. That's not something I have a lot of experience or information on. Other players might have an answer though.

Check out The Official Neverwinter Wiki

Exactly what I was looking for thank you :)
  • Options
    crazydroid1crazydroid1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem here
  • Options
    jointheclubjointheclub Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello! This is a bit off-topic but I don't know where else to post. I am currently downloading the client and I want to know how to pause it. I'm kinda afraid that it will start over again if I just close it. Please advise. Many thanks in advance
  • Options
    sokocansokocan Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what does it mean when it says + 51 power on my dagger?
  • Options
    psendaronpsendaron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013

I haven't seen any place where that question is answered. Could you give me a specific lead as to where I could possibly find the answer?

(ups...this looks strange...I meant as to asking about appointing party leader where your answer is quoted here. Ask/find where??? So far I've only seen a lot of speculations but no answer anywhere)
    "Don't change colour to match the walls.
    Look like you belong and the walls will change colour to match you."

- Kender Proverb
  • Options
    jzakalinnejzakalinne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @psendaron If you start the party, you are automatically party leader. If you want to promote someone else to party leader, right click their name in the My Party tab of the social window and select "Make party leader"

My question: What happened to the torrent? I have a friend who is having a hard time with the downloader for the client. I no longer have the torrent myself, although I did torrent it. When I went to the download screen before there was a torrent option, but now that option is gone.
  • Options
    amandaz31amandaz31 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm really enjoying the game so far but I'm a bit frustrated. The last few patches have been causing me problems. I go to play the game, download the patch, start questing and all of the sudden, usually mid-fight, my entire computer shuts off (and doesn't restart). Of course, by the time I get back in game, I'm dead. It happens every few minutes that I give up playing for a day or so. I come back, there's another patch, and all is good. No computer shutting off mid-fight. I go to play again, there's another patch, and I'm dying mid-fight because my computer is shutting off. And, to answer the most obvious question, it's only while playing your game. I built my computer. It's up-to-date and functions fine in any other game I play but yours after patches. Can you please help me out here because I'm frustrated and don't want to quit playing :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    amandaz31 wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the game so far but I'm a bit frustrated. The last few patches have been causing me problems. I go to play the game, download the patch, start questing and all of the sudden, usually mid-fight, my entire computer shuts off (and doesn't restart). Of course, by the time I get back in game, I'm dead. It happens every few minutes that I give up playing for a day or so. I come back, there's another patch, and all is good. No computer shutting off mid-fight. I go to play again, there's another patch, and I'm dying mid-fight because my computer is shutting off. And, to answer the most obvious question, it's only while playing your game. I built my computer. It's up-to-date and functions fine in any other game I play but yours after patches. Can you please help me out here because I'm frustrated and don't want to quit playing :(

Maybe you should try and check the options in the launcher...push disable patch on demand...that way it patches everything before you start the game. Might work for a while but there must be some other problem causing it I'm guessing..It sounds like some problem due to hardware failure. Are you in any way monitoring temperatures on your computer? Have you overclocked your graphic card? Try running a stability test on your computer (try CPUID HWMonitor combined with Prime95 for this). Just google both or go to this ( http://www.pcworld.com/article/2028882/keep-it-stable-stupid-how-to-stress-test-your-pc-hardware.html ) for details. Maybe just start with downloading malwarebytes and do a scan just in case you've picked up something nasty somewhere. Best of luck to you.

- Kender Proverb
  • Options
    amandaz31amandaz31 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried disabling the patch on demand, but it still shut down on me. I have a temp monitor running (MSI Afterburner) but I'm not seeing any spikes or overheating. I haven't overclocked because I didn't feel the need for it. I have Malewarebytes installed and it runs a check every Monday. It hasn't caught anything. I'm not sure what else to do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Check for updates on anything possible. Could be a driver issue of sorts ( I use this neat program>> http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/ )...or to go extreme....uninstall neverwinter...reboot ...reinstall and try again... btw ingame go in options...try setting dx to version 11 instead of 9 in video options...some ppl complaining about that making their GPU go cwazy....

- Kender Proverb
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I tried disabling the patch on demand, but it still shut down on me. I have a temp monitor running (MSI Afterburner) but I'm not seeing any spikes or overheating. I haven't overclocked because I didn't feel the need for it. I have Malewarebytes installed and it runs a check every Monday. It hasn't caught anything. I'm not sure what else to do.

check this post...that might be your problem right there....MSI Afterburner!!!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?164181-Known-software-conflicts

- Kender Proverb
  • Options
    detectivenickdetectivenick Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I purchase the Hero of the North Founder pack, do the per-character items get mailed to all future characters I create or just my current ones?
  • Options
    araledraaraledra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking of selling in-game items for USD to help set up our guild. Before actually doing so I thought it would be wise to ask if this even legal towards the terms of agreements of neverwinter.
  • Options
    sade505sade505 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do the items you receive in the guardian pack go to each character on an account including the one gained from the character slot, or is it only one per account for each of the items?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    sade505 wrote: »
    Do the items you receive in the guardian pack go to each character on an account including the one gained from the character slot, or is it only one per account for each of the items?
    Items are listed in the pack as Per Character and Per Account. The companions, titles, mounts and cosmetic/convenience items are all per character but the Astral Diamonds are Per Account. Items which do not specify are all once per account or general account settings which are not specific to characters to begin with. More information can be found here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    psendaron wrote: »
    *Snip*
    Either the Gneral Section or Combat/Gameplay Section would be fine. I only have limited information on mechanics of the game past what you can find out by looking up things in the wiki or reading developers posts. I bet other players have already figured out the details behind PUG party leadership though! ;)

I am sorry but you're asking the wrong person. This would be a bug related issue and should be posted in the Bug Reports Section so the appropirate staff can look into why the Patch caused adverse problems to you specifically. I can do basic troubleshooting such as the help psendaron did (thank you!) but again that's best done in the Bug Report Section. :)
    If I purchase the Hero of the North Founder pack, do the per-character items get mailed to all future characters I create or just my current ones?
    There's two answers to this question. First some items are only granted once per account such as the Astral Diamonds but the second answer is that after you claim items from the Courier on the first character they are not mailed to you again. Rather items can be directly claimed from the Foundry Vendor west of Sgt. Knox. :)
    araledra wrote: »
    I'm thinking of selling in-game items for USD to help set up our guild. Before actually doing so I thought it would be wise to ask if this even legal towards the terms of agreements of neverwinter.
    Items are not permitted to be sold for real life money in basically any MMO for the protection of the players and for the sake of the game.
    Terms of Service
    10. User Conduct
    You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.
    Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
    Thanks for asking first!
  • Options
    coronary1skeltercoronary1skelter Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm terrible at WASD movement, and I admit it. Seems I'm always trapped in a corner, pressed up against a wall, or whatever, and I very often find myself looking up at the sky or straight down onto my character's head. Is there a way to "lock" the camera angle so that it isn't constantly shifting to "pointing up" or "pointing down" mode? Thanks.
  • Options
    princeofjudahprinceofjudah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all i just installed the game. I remember many years ago how terribly unbalanced NWN 1 was. I want to know this: How stupid proof is this game? I want to know if I will be perfectly fine, able to easily compete with a character with only one class. I no longer play games that I have to configure my character 'just right'. I don't want to have to make a 'build.' Basically, I want to know if I can go all wizard, thief, fighter, cleric, etc, without any issues fighting enemies and pvping.
  • Options
    gigeorge1gigeorge1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant post new threads because im a new member hopefully this gets viewed im wondering if this game will support linux anytime soon
  • Options
    glyph69glyph69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended but I figured I'd ask:

The Straight to Helm Skirmish is recommended that you be level 32 to do, yet the Skirmish for the temple of Kelemvor which is level 36 is the only one that pops up at/after level 32. Shouldn't both pop up briefly until like, level 38 or so?

Just seems weird that I don't have the option to queue up for both since I'm level 34 and definitely between both.
  • Options
    lightbadelightbade Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when will Neverwinter be out of Beta, in other words officially released?
  • Options
    thebutterman1thebutterman1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how come i cannot see friends that are also playing at the same time as me?
  • Options
    eeanseeans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I purchase a Founder pack now, will my existing characters get the things or only my new characters on my account?
  • Options
    janskehjanskeh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there anyway to retrieve a dismissed/declined quest?
  • Options
    princeofjudahprinceofjudah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cannot post either and so I am not getting any answers to my previous question which was this:
    Hi all i just installed the game. I remember many years ago how terribly unbalanced NWN 1 was. I want to know this: How stupid proof is this game? I want to know if I will be perfectly fine, able to easily compete with a character with only one class. I no longer play games that I have to configure my character 'just right'. I don't want to have to make a 'build.' Basically, I want to know if I can go all wizard, thief, fighter, cleric, etc, without any issues fighting enemies and pvping.
  • Options
    zandarielzandariel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeppers. Got marked as a spammer today while I was asking for help on the mailman things.

:mad:
  • Options
    whateversteamwhateversteam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I read drow and a new class will be available 60 days after launch, is that 60 days from the launch in april or after some unspecified launch date in the future?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *snip*
    I am afraid not. The game is an action combat MMORPG which means you must aim the camera where you wish to fire; third person shooter. Locking the camera would be detrimental in combat, believe it or not.

*Snip*
    This game has no relation to NWN One or Two and is a complete re-examination of the game. I'm sure you figured this out so far but there isn't even a way to multiclass. ;)
    gigeorge1 wrote: »
    Cant post new threads because im a new member hopefully this gets viewed im wondering if this game will support linux anytime soon
    New users will gain the ability to post threads in a short period of time. This is a system created to stop spam-bots from flooding the forums with threads leading to malicious websites.
    glyph69 wrote: »
    *Snip*
    Please post a thread about this in the Combat and PvP Section.

lightbade wrote: »
    when will Neverwinter be out of Beta, in other words officially released?
    There is no information about any release dates at this time.
    how come i cannot see friends that are also playing at the same time as me?
    You are likely in the wrong instance. Each zone is broken up into multiple instances so you must actually be in their zone instance in order to see each other. Going to Protector's Enclave is not enough because there are typically 10 or more version of Protectors Enclave.
    If you are in the same party you will be placed in the same instance upon entering the same zones.

eeans wrote: »
    If I purchase a Founder pack now, will my existing characters get the things or only my new characters on my account?
    All items which unlock per character will be redeemable by your existing characters.

janskeh wrote: »
    Is there anyway to retrieve a dismissed/declined quest?
    Simply speak t the quest giver again.

So I read drow and a new class will be available 60 days after launch, is that 60 days from the launch in april or after some unspecified launch date in the future?
    There's no information about that at this time.
This discussion has been closed.