test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric Changes

onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I don't know how many feel but I feel a few of the changes for the Devoted Cleric will hinder them quite a bit.

First the Feats. It's nice to see some changes are for the benefit of the Cleric, however perhaps the best Cleric feat is now pointless.

Cleanse:
  • The cleanse effect now has a 20-second cooldown whenever it removes a debuff.
  • The cleanse effect now only removes one debuff at a time.
  • The cleanse effect no longer removes the "recently died" debuff.

The cleanse effect now has a 20-second cooldown whenever it removes a debuff. - Can we have the 20-second cool down removed? That seems a bit much, especially if a person actually puts points into that.
The cleanse effect now only removes one debuff at a time. - This isn't too bad but with this and the 20-second cool down it just seems a bit much. Can we have one or the other?
The cleanse effect no longer removes the "recently died" debuff. - I have to ask, why. Why is that? This is a serious debuff.

The Cleanse issue seems to have gone a little out of hand from what I can see. I say one or the other with the cooldown, and how many it can debuff, and also reinstate that it removes the recently died debuff or else this basically becomes a pointless debuff, especially in PvP when debuffs happen all over the map.

Below is Erelevant
Now the main power.

Astral Shield:
  • Players may now only be affected by one instance of Astral Shield at a time.

Most of the changes were positive. The Heal over Time Calculations, the no longer disappear is great, and etc. My biggest beef however is that it may only be done one at a time. Now many, upon many disagree with me, and I respect that, but if this stays, then please at least increase the defense by a small amount. 18 before was too high, 6 now just seems too low. Maybe something like 8?, 9? A middle grown for the two clerics stacking.

Divine Armor:
  • Players may now only be affected by one instance of Divine Armor at a time.

This is a daily. If a team somehow gets more than 1 Cleric, and they all actually decide to do Divine Armour, let them, and let it stack, they wasted a Daily.

Anyways that is my opinion on things at hand with the Devoted Cleric. Thank you for your time.
Above is Erelevant

Edit: I wish I can cross out the Power parts, but I made it in smaller font due to after reading several discussions. I still think my Cleanse argument is valid however, and I also would like to know if Astral Shield and Divine Armour are stackable. I also think Astral Shield should be raised slightly.
Post edited by onehappygnade on

Comments

• Options
    zoywikizoywiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there needs to be less incentive to bring 2 clerics to a group. the abilities are too strong when stacked.
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree with the cleanse thing, but not about the stacking of AS or Divine Armor.

What is unclear (for me) is if AS and DA will stack. One is an encounter and the other is a daily. I see no reason that they shouldn't stack, but at the same time, they are both mit buffs.

The cleanse thing is just wrong. I was asked in another thread if they thought one cleric on a team should be able to keep their entire team cleansed. I saw no reason why not, especially if: Removes only 1 debuff at a time means...Will it remove the entire stack or just one pip of the TR bleeds. If it just reduces bleeds from 10 --> 9 then yes, the cleric cleanses should pop like crazy like they do now. And even if it cleanses 1 FULL stack of TR bleeds, you do realize that not only can a TR put up 10 stacks crazy fast, but they can maintain it or reapply it even if a cleanse pops and removes the stack?? In this instance, cleanse should be limited to 3 sec cooldowns, not 20. 20 secs means a cleric may as well not spec into this ability and leave the CWs and TR's to be massively OP in PvP since cleric healing will ultimately be neutered in PvP.

The problem clerics are addressing in their forums is not about the As stacking. It's the insanely reduced duration that has a downtime of 5 secs. In that 5 seconds, the cleric has few resources and skills to keep party members alive, most importantly themselves. People will seem to think at this time, people will 'pop potions' to make up for the AS downtime, but I honestly have to wonder, will they have refreshed from the last time you used them? AS won't heal as much with the limited uptime as it is, since it counts as a HoT instead of the heal it is now.

There is a myriad of complaints that deal with AS the way the DEVs are pushing it into being. Stacking has always been regarded by the cleric community as 'too OP'. The fact that the DEVs went overboard on nerfing it has the clerics wondering : Why?
  • Options
    grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The cleric class is broken, period. Its the only class that gets a negative to itself (Righteousness: Your own heals are 40% less effective on you.) and is more of a mage that can heal a bit. Not a healing class. The changes are meh at most. I am going to see if this big patch they drop is worth a **** before deciding if I will take it seriously again or just consider it another PW failure.
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Can you tell me where you use cleanse? I read on several different cleric builds that this was pointless with current game content, so i didn't take it....
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Were people complaining about DC being OP before this?I'm still a little confused on why they are nerfing it...
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Are they going to be able to heal now? Why do i have to use 10-20 pots when clerics are in the party
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zoywiki wrote: »
    there needs to be less incentive to bring 2 clerics to a group. the abilities are too strong when stacked.

The dmg reduction with just one caps your DR already most of the time lol.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    for the cleanse have 20 sec part I agree. in the feat in only state that cleanse only remove debuff 1 at a time without the considered 20 sec. for the staking I disagree, stacking Divine armor with AS is already high and mighty so stacking to itself is too much.
    The cleric class is broken, period. Its the only class that gets a negative to itself (Righteousness: Your own heals are 40% less effective on you.) and is more of a mage that can heal a bit. Not a healing class. The changes are meh at most. I am going to see if this big patch they drop is worth a **** before deciding if I will take it seriously again or just consider it another PW failure.

yea, thats why cleric mostly using AS to heal, cause its count as Regenerate not heal, but after major patch cleric simply doesnot have the ability to heal him self except using pot
    hexanna22 wrote: »
    Can you tell me where you use cleanse? I read on several different cleric builds that this was pointless with current game content, so i didn't take it....

like it or not cleanse currently usefulness is because it can clean the "just died" debuff so you can be revive even if you died recently, at most dungeons perhaps its not that necessarily but in epic, died almost inevitable
    holt3 wrote: »
    Were people complaining about DC being OP before this?I'm still a little confused on why they are nerfing it...

yea, stacking AS is OP, I myself is DC so I can tell it is. stacking it means you got double (or more) regeneration and reduce damage which already quite high with even just one, plus the uptime is almost the same time with the cooldown even you not build recovery good enough. pull one or two of AS power is fine, but pull out everything out of it is destroying it usefuness completely, not to mention it is a level 50 encounter.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Made an edit with my original post by making the font smaller. I wish there was a strike through option >.<.

Cleanse was viable because of what ranguren stated.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »

Because they are OP. Anytime there is optimum of 2 healers in a 5man that's broke. Anytime a cleric makes a PvP match insta win its OP. Thank god for nerfs
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The cleanse effect no longer removes the "recently died" debuff. - I have to ask, why. Why is that? This is a serious debuff.

The recently died debuff is currently not a "serious" debuff at all when a cleric is in your group. For this debuff to actually mean something it shouldnt' be able to be removed by players in the manner that it currently is, imo.

I agree with the change in this respect.

As far as teh other changes I personally would have loved to see them restrict the feat to a certain power, or a couple powers such as only working with bastion of light or something to give some love to the powers that no one uses.
  • Options
    nw000nw000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because they are OP. Anytime there is optimum of 2 healers in a 5man that's broke.
    Exactly, that's why they're nerfing a single cleric. That makes sense.
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Because they are OP. Anytime there is optimum of 2 healers in a 5man that's broke. Anytime a cleric makes a PvP match insta win its OP. Thank god for nerfs

spoken like someone who is undergeared and has never been a cleric.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Im getting as many runs as i can b4 the cw and dc nerfs. Tried cn last boss today without all grp on teamspeak. It was nasty and a fail.

Imagine it with more nerfs

Welcome to the future PVP whiners :)
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Im getting as many runs as i can b4 the cw and dc nerfs. Tried cn last boss today without all grp on teamspeak. It was nasty and a fail.

Imagine it with more nerfs

Welcome to the future PVP whiners :)

oh....how do you fail now lol?

I haven't used teamspeak since I started this game lol. Blegh ain't nobody got time fo' dat! haha
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    grienne wrote: »
    oh....how do you fail now lol?

I haven't used teamspeak since I started this game lol. Blegh ain't nobody got time fo' dat! haha

Glad to see you enjoy downing it with one dc ******bag. Take your wannabe ghetto speak elsewhere troll

I forgot to say tried it with one DC.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Glad to see you enjoy downing it with one dc ******bag. Take your wannabe ghetto speak elsewhere troll

it was a joke mate, calm down.
  • Options
    jcdew1967jcdew1967 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I assume that 2 of the same DPS classes won't be able to stack thier effects either? I hate when PvP affects PvE gameplay but if you are gonna nerf the stacking remove the -40 healing to self debuff since it has no use and makes no sence tbh. On another note I guess you are going to make Hold and such have diminishing returns especially in PvP?
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jcdew1967 wrote: »
    So I assume that 2 of the same DPS classes won't be able to stack thier effects either? I hate when PvP affects PvE gameplay but if you are gonna nerf the stacking remove the -40 healing to self debuff since it has no use and makes no sence tbh. On another note I guess you are going to make Hold and such have diminishing returns especially in PvP?

PvPers kill games, get used to it. It always happens and it will keep happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    edited June 2013

yes, in PvP. I to myself consider cleric skill is too OP for PvP, but nerf this without considering the effect on PvE is wrong. even with current "exploit" or bug on DC, Dread Vault is hardcore, even normal one (considering you just reach 60 with normal gears). some people play PvE without touching PvP, devs should consider this too, with the major update its likely that devs trying to make those people playing PvP. they need to separate the power and feat ability in PvP and PvE in major update.
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Level 60 Devoted Cleric here. I run CN a few times a day. Sometimes solo sometimes duo DC. I consider my self to be a pretty **** good DC and here are my thoughts on the changes coming to us.

Cleanse Change : Don't really care about this considering that the only thing my group uses it for is to dispel the revive sickness. I mean I can't think of anything PVE wise that makes me feel like I should absolutely have this.

Astral Shield Change : Taking away the ability to the stack this spell was needed. The spell lasting as long as it is currently was never suppose to happen so people are just going to have to deal with the cool down change. Bottom line...people are going to have to play smarter and use it when it's really needed. Other classes will have to use their CC when AS is on CD, people will have to adapt to the change, that's it.

Ethereal Boon : This is the ONLY thing about the Cleric changes that I am worried about. Guys we have been getting 2x the amount of Divine Power that we were suppose to be getting from this Feat. If you have any trouble at all right now managing divine power and you have points into this Feat...I'll say a prayer for you after this patch goes live.

Don't care about any of the other changes.

Guys remember that their is a LOT of other changes coming our way, not just this Astral Shield nerf as you all are calling it. I refuse to call it that because it was NEVER intended to work this way in the first place. Consider your self lucky to have had this long to accomplish all the things you have accomplished so far while these skills were broken.

Our aggro is being fixed, GFs will be able to tank..the list goes on and on with all the changes we are about to see. The game will be completely different after this patch.

Thanks for reading. Discuss and keep it clean.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    Level 60 Devoted Cleric here. I run CN a few times a day. Sometimes solo sometimes duo DC. I consider my self to be a pretty **** good DC and here are my thoughts on the changes coming to us.

Cleanse Change : Don't really care about this considering that the only thing my group uses it for is to dispel the revive sickness. I mean I can't think of anything PVE wise that makes me feel like I should absolutely have this.

Astral Shield Change : Taking away the ability to the stack this spell was needed. The spell lasting as long as it is currently was never suppose to happen so people are just going to have to deal with the cool down change. Bottom line...people are going to have to play smarter and use it when it's really needed. Other classes will have to use their CC when AS is on CD, people will have to adapt to the change, that's it.

Ethereal Boon : This is the ONLY thing about the Cleric changes that I am worried about. Guys we have been getting 2x the amount of Divine Power that we were suppose to be getting from this Feat. If you have any trouble at all right now managing divine power and you have points into this Feat...I'll say a prayer for you after this patch goes live.

Don't care about any of the other changes.

Guys remember that their is a LOT of other changes coming our way, not just this Astral Shield nerf as you all are calling it. I refuse to call it that because it was NEVER intended to work this way in the first place. Consider your self lucky to have had this long to accomplish all the things you have accomplished so far while these skills were broken.

Our aggro is being fixed, GFs will be able to tank..the list goes on and on with all the changes we are about to see. The game will be completely different after this patch.

Wow, do you swallow too?

The issue with AS is more than just "omg we can't use it as we used to"

I seriously wish the NW power posse would realize that fact.
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wow, do you swallow too?

• Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wow, do you swallow too?

So actually make that arguement. Point out where nymesis is incorrect. It was a constructive post: engage it on the same level and state what the issue with AS actually is, and where that post was wrong.

Just throwing personal attacks and vague "I'm right, you're wrong" statements without backing them up gives a bad impression of you, and undermines the arguments of those of us who actually use reasoned debate to improve the cleric's lot due to association with you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »

try again on the dungeons in test server on 60-er epic, run it like when you try to get the T1/T2 purple gear and perhaps you might have something otherwise.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    khatzhas wrote: »
    So actually make that arguement. Point out where nymesis is incorrect. It was a constructive post: engage it on the same level and state what the issue with AS actually is, and where that post was wrong.

Just throwing personal attacks and vague "I'm right, you're wrong" statements without backing them up gives a bad impression of you, and undermines the arguments of those of us who actually use reasoned debate to improve the cleric's lot due to association with you.

there are numerous posts about this including suggestion posts.

The issue with AS is that we clerics have said over and over again yes its OP but the reason its used is because its the only VIABLE skill we have.

Period.

Action Healing, lol. Every major heal, HG and AS are both lay on ground then run around and do mediocre damage.

Then you have people like you and nemesis so busy sucking off the PWE devs that you can't stop to realize that.

The issue with clerics as it is now, is its a boring class to play, made worse by the lack of actual action healing, but at least AS worked relatively well.

Now they take that away.

If you honestly think those missing 5 seconds don't matter, then its a clear indicator that you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    there are numerous posts about this including suggestion posts.

The issue with AS is that we clerics have said over and over again yes its OP but the reason its used is because its the only VIABLE skill we have.

Period.

Action Healing, lol. Every major heal, HG and AS are both lay on ground then run around and do mediocre damage.

Then you have people like you and nemesis so busy sucking off the PWE devs that you can't stop to realize that.

The issue with clerics as it is now, is its a boring class to play, made worse by the lack of actual action healing, but at least AS worked relatively well.

Now they take that away.

If you honestly think those missing 5 seconds don't matter, then its a clear indicator that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Going to be polite as I can about this even though you could care less about that. Your obviously frustrated with something, hence the name calling over the internet when someone points out something you don't like...anyway..

Did you ever stop to think that their may be a SIGNIFICANT gap in skill level between people? I don't want to directly call anyone bad....but all the other Clerics that play this game have the SAME tools to do the job as I do...So I'm going to continue doing my job while everyone else cries about the class.

Have a great day.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Run on Mimic Cleared

Pirate's
    Spellplague

x1 DC x1TR x1GF (me) x1CW x1 GWF (all guildies on TS)

After all run's guildies reported that:

DC: Couldn't just spam AS to keep everyone alive but was better when slotted in forsight (adds 11% DR when feated) healed fine with AS and Healing Word
    TR: Lowered Dam avg
    GF: Able to tank well and hold aggro and stay alive didnt drop below 50% Hp entire run's
    CW: Was control build, Higher CD's but was able to control fine
    GWF: Was yelling on TS "I can kill stuff now"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    idiots like you are why games die. thanks.